Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,733 members, 7,813,412 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man (32959 Views)

Zimbabwean Woman Married To Another Woman For 3 Years Just Found Out (pic) / "Never Marry A Bleacher" - Nigerian Man Currently Married To One Cries Out / Nigerian Man Married To 57 Women,150 Grandchildren (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by samx4real(m): 9:32pm On May 02, 2015
TheInkheart:
Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man

It is no doubt that Nigerian men make wonderful lovers; they are sweet, kind, thoughtful, maybe not very romantic but romantic still and good in bed too. It is also no doubt that these men are very rare to come by in Nigeria. Maybe by default or societal conditioning, most Nigerian men are so not it; they are egoistic, chauvinistic and make terrible husband materials. You wonder why I think Nigerian men; at least most of them, won't make good husbands, read the reasons listed below:

-They Are Chauvinists: pardon the strong word "chauvinists" but Nigerian men prefer to stick to their bias opinion about women and their responsibilities in the home. The take the "head" duty way too serious and often push the women aside expecting them to follow their will and do as they say. If you marry a Nigerian man, you will probably end up as the less important voice in the home or wherever the man rather than as a partner you are to him.

- They Are Polygamous In Nature: In Nigeria, some men believe men are entitled to as many women as they can handle and so, they are free to marry more than one wife or have affairs with other women. With a Nigerian man, it is never certain that you will be the only woman in his life. To save yourself the heartbreaks of discovering condoms and hotel receipts in his pocket or worse, finding out he has secret children, please do not marry a Nigerian man.

- They Are Not Romantic: you want flowers, a guy to follow you to the salon, exotic lunches, dinners, vacations, chocolates and breakfast in bed? Then, a Nigerian man is not the man you should marry. They often consider these things as cheesy and unneccesary. Maybe they will try on your birthdays and valentine's day (that's if they don't come up with excuses to forget). The most romantic thing some Nigerian men will ever get for you is packs of food from an eatery or drinks and few back/foot rubs just right before sex.

- You Will Be A Nanny To A Grown Man: if God blesses you with a Nigerian man and a somehow scattered one, you are in soup. You've just graduated to being a nanny to a full grown man. You will pick his socks, shirts and what not after him when he gets back from work, even flush the toilet when he's done. Be ready to face a sulking man if the food is not ready on time or you try to get him to do something for you when his favourite game or tv show is on. You will have to pet and stroke his ego almost all the time to make him happy.

- They Have The Wife Beating Syndrome: either by societal conditioning or home training, some Nigerian men believe it is very normal to hit a woman; that is the only way to put them back on track when they are wrong. It is no secret that some Nigerian men will beat their wives and feel no regret about it; it is somehow the woman's fault the man is so angry to the extent he has to hit her. If you're not ready to lose your fine skin to the itchy palms of a man, please steer clear of Nigerian men.

Nigerian men are also good liars. They smoke and drink heavily and blame it on the society's deteriorating condition; they have to "keep body and soul together". Many Nigerian men have money problem; it is either they are misers or heavy spenders. Some prefer to show off the wealth they do not possess by living way beyond their standards. And the most annoying part is that many Nigerian men are Mr nice guy in public and Mr stingy in their homes which you will agree is not a very attractive trait especially in someone you want to spend the rest of your life with.

I know by now, some guys are already hissing and cursing me probably but it is undeniable that many Nigerian guys have terrible attitudes that make them really undesirable husband materials. I mean, it is tough enough we have to cope with the many issues in the country, men problems should not be added to our weighty wahala. We deserve men who understand us (at least to a reasonable extent), shower us with the affection we need, pamper us and make us feel very special and loved but how many Nigerian men can beat their chests that they can be the man of our dreams or at least, part of the dreams?!!

more articles n www.theinkheartblog.com and www.360nobs.com/author/alice-temitope-dako/

Dear OP, the thunder when go fire you still dey gym oh

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by blesszzy(m): 9:33pm On May 02, 2015
cococandy:
na you sabi
Was expecting a Yes or a No
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by Lisahbeth(f): 9:35pm On May 02, 2015
undecided SMH sha
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by skylane: 9:36pm On May 02, 2015
bukatyne:

While Some of us appreciate the hustling part, it is not the only quality needed.
u can see its not only hustling I mention,we nigerian men are actually known 4 taking care of the family,av met with many foriegners praising us 4 dis,religion actually said woman is under the man,but it doesn't mean she's isn't relevant,infact God said man are woman wud be one,so a man has to agree wit his wife b4 anyting is done,but I hope u don't expect 100% man?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 02, 2015
Arsenate:
I strongly doubt if any Nigerian man will be bothered about this. we are hot cake ; both home and away...cool

Do speak for yourself.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by bqlekan(m): 9:43pm On May 02, 2015
Madam theinkheart, you are a very good writer nd i'd say kudos to you, lemme just make this clarifications
- the post would have made more sense if you made it known to us as your opinion..
-you seem to generalise, you probably shouldnt, maybe the word 'most' or 'few' would have been better.. let that be at the back of your mind when next you're writing

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by bukatyne(f): 9:44pm On May 02, 2015
scribble:

Women that like getting beat or think that's normal don't deserve a good man. They should just marry a panel beater with 7 years experience.

Luckily Some meet their soulmates; others have to make do with What they have.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by bukatyne(f): 9:45pm On May 02, 2015
skylane:
u can see its not only hustling I mention,we nigerian men are actually known 4 taking care of the family,av met with many foriegners praising us 4 dis,religion actually said woman is under the man,but it doesn't mean she's isn't relevant,infact God said man are woman wud be one,so a man has to agree wit his wife b4 anyting is done,but I hope u don't expect 100% man?

Okay

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 02, 2015
lilmax:
Stupidity at its peak grin grin grin more like reasons not to get married

Let's wait for the single mothers, the divorced women to endorse this post

You mentioned these women because?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by skylane: 9:52pm On May 02, 2015
bukatyne:

Okay
yea thanks
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by OluomoChampion(m): 9:53pm On May 02, 2015
Raiders:

Is this how your father treat your mother? Just because your father treats your mom like a slave and badly, doesn't mean all Nigerian men will treat their wives badly
Look at the way you address issues, you are just a typical example of what d op has just analysed.

6 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by notoriousbabe: 9:55pm On May 02, 2015
Op are you talking from what you experienced in your home while growing up?your dad must have been so mean to your mum
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by cozyvan: 9:57pm On May 02, 2015
is as truth dey bitter........ .

hahahaha. . . Boys are not smiling
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by cozyvan: 9:58pm On May 02, 2015
is as truth dey bitter........ .

hahahaha. . . Boys are not smiling
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by scribble: 9:59pm On May 02, 2015
bukatyne:

Luckily Some meet their soulmates; others have to make do with What they have.

A soul mate is just a good man with a good heart and a healthy bank account in this context and in the broader Nigerian context. A good man knows women don't need to be beaten in order to make them feel sorry.

If you have to make do with a man that is punching you like pacman will soon do to mayweather then the woman has a brain injury and will soon literally have injury of the brain.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 10:02pm On May 02, 2015
TheInkheart:
Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man

It is no doubt that Nigerian men make wonderful lovers; they are sweet, kind, thoughtful, maybe not very romantic but romantic still and good in bed too. It is also no doubt that these men are very rare to come by in Nigeria. Maybe by default or societal conditioning, most Nigerian men are so not it; they are egoistic, chauvinistic and make terrible husband materials. You wonder why I think Nigerian men; at least most of them, won't make good husbands, read the reasons listed below:

-They Are Chauvinists: pardon the strong word "chauvinists" but Nigerian men prefer to stick to their bias opinion about women and their responsibilities in the home. The take the "head" duty way too serious and often push the women aside expecting them to follow their will and do as they say. If you marry a Nigerian man, you will probably end up as the less important voice in the home or wherever the man rather than as a partner you are to him.

- They Are Polygamous In Nature: In Nigeria, some men believe men are entitled to as many women as they can handle and so, they are free to marry more than one wife or have affairs with other women. With a Nigerian man, it is never certain that you will be the only woman in his life. To save yourself the heartbreaks of discovering condoms and hotel receipts in his pocket or worse, finding out he has secret children, please do not marry a Nigerian man.

- They Are Not Romantic: you want flowers, a guy to follow you to the salon, exotic lunches, dinners, vacations, chocolates and breakfast in bed? Then, a Nigerian man is not the man you should marry. They often consider these things as cheesy and unneccesary. Maybe they will try on your birthdays and valentine's day (that's if they don't come up with excuses to forget). The most romantic thing some Nigerian men will ever get for you is packs of food from an eatery or drinks and few back/foot rubs just right before sex.

- You Will Be A Nanny To A Grown Man: if God blesses you with a Nigerian man and a somehow scattered one, you are in soup. You've just graduated to being a nanny to a full grown man. You will pick his socks, shirts and what not after him when he gets back from work, even flush the toilet when he's done. Be ready to face a sulking man if the food is not ready on time or you try to get him to do something for you when his favourite game or tv show is on. You will have to pet and stroke his ego almost all the time to make him happy.

- They Have The Wife Beating Syndrome: either by societal conditioning or home training, some Nigerian men believe it is very normal to hit a woman; that is the only way to put them back on track when they are wrong. It is no secret that some Nigerian men will beat their wives and feel no regret about it; it is somehow the woman's fault the man is so angry to the extent he has to hit her. If you're not ready to lose your fine skin to the itchy palms of a man, please steer clear of Nigerian men.

Nigerian men are also good liars. They smoke and drink heavily and blame it on the society's deteriorating condition; they have to "keep body and soul together". Many Nigerian men have money problem; it is either they are misers or heavy spenders. Some prefer to show off the wealth they do not possess by living way beyond their standards. And the most annoying part is that many Nigerian men are Mr nice guy in public and Mr stingy in their homes which you will agree is not a very attractive trait especially in someone you want to spend the rest of your life with.

I know by now, some guys are already hissing and cursing me probably but it is undeniable that many Nigerian guys have terrible attitudes that make them really undesirable husband materials. I mean, it is tough enough we have to cope with the many issues in the country, men problems should not be added to our weighty wahala. We deserve men who understand us (at least to a reasonable extent), shower us with the affection we need, pamper us and make us feel very special and loved but how many Nigerian men can beat their chests that they can be the man of our dreams or at least, part of the dreams?!!

more articles n www.theinkheartblog.com and www.360nobs.com/author/alice-temitope-dako/

My dear, after reading all this, I will like to marry you in order to show you how caring and sweet we Nigerian men handle our women,but am sorry if you are not a virgin because you will miss this opportunity.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by donpope1(m): 10:02pm On May 02, 2015
Reason Why You Should Not Get Married To a YORUBA man would have made a good title. lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by creepsyme(f): 10:03pm On May 02, 2015
I hav no reason why I shuld not marry a nigerian man jare@ the best spec. tested and trusted.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by Nobody: 10:05pm On May 02, 2015
The op is prolly finding a way to seek refuge/ asylum. Young lady go get a job. The word Nigeria rings whatever bell already. Sorry, a foreigner may have to think thrice before doing anything with a Nigerian be it man or woman.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by Nobody: 10:10pm On May 02, 2015
Well out here in the States,especially among African American sisters, Nigerian men are precious.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by marylandcakes: 10:11pm On May 02, 2015
@OP
There is good and bad everywhere, European, Asian, American, African etc it depends on the individual.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by Raysly(m): 10:13pm On May 02, 2015
Raiders:

Is this how your father treat your mother? Just because your father treats your mom like a slave and badly, doesn't mean all Nigerian men will treat their wives badly
Don't mind the fool

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by yhusiee(f): 10:14pm On May 02, 2015
einsteino:

Best reply. instead of her to just come clean and tell us her mum was abused by her father, she dey here dey misyarn. Many people are not living their dreams because they are living their fears. i don't listen to all the trash of no perfect woman.. am like oh yeah my wife aint gon be a perfect woman, she is going to be a female martian in that case... eh gals of nowadays have a heart of stone, am like oh yeah her heart would be the finest gem i ever picked then.

for me, most of life's curses could be gifts if we are determined. to keep living your fears
God bless you IJN. Viva Nigeria
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by killjoy(m): 10:23pm On May 02, 2015
ritababe:
Ok oh
cc. Kiljoy

its actually killjoy. not kiljoy.

anyways... d hop's points are more of sentimental bashing. no hard facts. I'm sure even u do not believe d write up.

plus. who wants to marry a woman? weda black or pink? lol... hv a Gud nyt.

go to church early tomorrow...
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by NmaGOD44(f): 10:29pm On May 02, 2015
iheanyi40:
Too long sum1 pls summarize undecided

Btw NmaGod44 c ya kinda thread
yes nah....wat she said is very true....though there are still those without such traits but then,majority carries the vote ....team Swedish men
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by Idydarling(f): 10:30pm On May 02, 2015
that 2 and 5 got me thinking. ..
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by ritababe(f): 10:34pm On May 02, 2015
killjoy:

its actually killjoy. not kiljoy.

anyways... d hop's points are more of sentimental bashing. no hard facts. I'm sure even u do not believe d write up.

plus. who wants to marry a woman? weda black or pink? lol... hv a Gud nyt.

go to church early tomorrow...

alrit
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by Nobody: 10:38pm On May 02, 2015
@op ur depressed, so I am going to help you out. Just get down on your knees and suck my big fat long dick and swallow my cum. cheesy
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by ApexTitan(m): 10:39pm On May 02, 2015
NgwaManNaija4LF:

My dear, after reading all this, I will like to marry you in order to show you how caring and sweet we Nigerian men handle our women,but am sorry if you are not a virgin because you will miss this opportunity.

Lol! You are falling for her trick, the end game for these women is that the man lives his life in servitude to the women. Under the guise of wanting you to be a "sweet guy" they expect that you exist only to do their bidding.

We know ourselves, we know we are not all savages as these women claim. Women in almost every country use these kinds of mind games on their men.

As a true Nigerian man continue to pursue your dreams, aim for higher achievements, and always strive to improve yourself everyday. The woman should not be the focus of your life, she should only compliment it. Do not waste your time trying to prove to her that you are sweet, caring and romantic. On the contrary it is when you shift your gaze from her and focus on something higher and nobler, that's when she will come running after you. If she doesn't come it's her loss, other women full ground.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by iamord(m): 10:56pm On May 02, 2015
EggovinMma:
LOL.

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
TEAM OYIBO PRICCK, EVEN IF IT LOOK LIKE TOLOTOLO NECK
my dear that one no fit sustain u abeg.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by bookkeepers: 10:58pm On May 02, 2015
No 2 is so true. Doubt it to your own detriment. A Nigerian married man either cheats physically or emotionally. If he does not cheat it's either he has no money or he is a very devout pastor.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by kalufelix(m): 11:06pm On May 02, 2015
babamajor:
Let naija women rely less on men nd come to marriage wit prospect. Most women goes to marriage wit empty hand if av to buy buy nd buy , she has no tangible vocation u can help develop all she has is beauty nd no brain. Dem dey become liability instead of adding value to ur life.
This one na expo to counter thread... Searching4love oya carry go

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

An Awkward Moment At The Office Today / Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? / Woman Quits Marriage, Marries Daughter’s Boyfriend In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.