Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,763 members, 7,955,908 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:20 PM

Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way (45211 Views)

Infinix Note 3: A Big Phone With Big Promises / Airtel Trybe Night Browsing A Big Scam / Hmmm MTN Do Well Oooooh This Time Is N33600 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by slinkman(m): 9:32pm On May 04, 2015
martineverest:
And windows doesnt consider android a threat.......incase u dont know,windows is d most used OS in d world..android and apple tablets are fading away due to windows table resurgence,esp microsoft tablet,surface pro 3..the world is waiting for microsoft to release a true computer phone(pocket pc),once dat is done,ppl ll jump into windows bandwagon
lmaoo.. shouting so hard to remain relevant, 5 of every gathering uses an Android, 4 of every gathering uses ios, blackberry and nokia, windows?? most used os?? lmaoo. if you mean pc, yeah.. if you mean phone, then hahahaha. ok watever,

go through that link, so called windows hypocrite.. lmaooo,

http://www.xda-developers.com/no-android-apps-on-windows-mobile-isnt-a-good-thing/
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by Gbadebo01(m): 9:36pm On May 04, 2015
adeitoro:
as long as OS is concern, window will always lead the pack

android and ios are noise makers
haba bros! we are talking about PC os not mobile nah! so Android and ios is not concerned in dis matter!
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 04, 2015
Gec2zy:

how can I make front page bro

grinpost something stupid and juz chill up

grin grin cheesy
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by Nobody: 12:28am On May 05, 2015
onatisi:
bros ,get a lumia today and believe me you will dash out ur android within 48hrs , lumia is the best phone for now . I don't think I will be buying another brand of phone for a long time , I am using a lumia 635 and I am thinking of buying another one maybe lumia 1320

pls sir, can u enlighten me more,

i want to buy lumia 635, but i need to knw its "cool" features that will make me kill my android,

im an average gamer, i love camera, hw is d data consumption,

can it play Fifa
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by Youngpo413: 12:56am On May 05, 2015
Fulaman198:
Too many Android fan boys lollllll
tecno fanboys rather...most of them can't afford android OS in a better hardware,they are here making noise with their useless tecno.

1 Like

Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by Youngpo413: 12:59am On May 05, 2015
aceTS:

You are right about Every thing having an end. Windows mobile has being around for a while now. When it came out, android wasn't this dominant. Ios was the leader.And windows mobile was touted as the next big thing. In fact, my first smartphone In 2008 was a windows phone, the samsung omnia i900. I loved that phone. It was like walking about with a pc. This is 2015, the windows narrative is still about potential.
I think the major reason windows mobile os hasn't being quietly discarded is because Microsoft is big and financially strong enough to withstand the absence of the profits it had hoped to get from the mobile os market.
No matter how windows zealots try to spin it, that os is not going to be popular any time soon.
Like you said, everything has an end. Maybe the bell is tolling for the end of windows mobile.
time will tell
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by Fulaman198(m): 3:20am On May 05, 2015
Akainzo:

Let's clarify, plugging another device to a Win10 d phone CANNOT and will not give you "FULL DESKTOP" capabilities as plugging devices does not add functionalities not already built in.

What you however can have is a "DESKTOP EXPERIENCE" which invariably means 1. Scaling to larger screens; and Being able to use Multiple App Windows on the larger screen.

No one and not even Microsoft will bundle a full Desktop OS onto a phone as the requirements would render such a device humongous and laggy as hell on phone specifications.

BTW, do try and setup a Samsung S5 to do what I described and then you'd know that Android ain't capable of achieving such simultaneous audio streams.

That's far from the truth. Obviously you haven't seen windows tablets which are in 7-8 inch form factors running full Windows. To run Windows OS doesn't require as much resources as you think. Please do your research and look up the various 7 inch tablets with Intel atom baytrail and cherry trail processors. You are heavily underestimating Microsoft
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by Fulaman198(m): 3:25am On May 05, 2015
martineverest:
Haha..u must be a poor researcher

Are you sure you are not referring to yourself?
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by Youngpo413: 3:33am On May 05, 2015
Fulaman198:

What makes the current iteration of Android better than Windows 10? Windows 10 if anything is better in every category.
even the current 8.1 is better than their lollipop sh!t.
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by Fulaman198(m): 3:35am On May 05, 2015
Youngpo413:
even the current 8.1 is better than their lollipop sh!t.

I'm aware, full desktop O.S. are far more capable than mobile operating systems
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by Akainzo(m): 10:55am On May 05, 2015
Fulaman198:

That's far from the truth. Obviously you haven't seen windows tablets which are in 7-8 inch form factors running full Windows. To run Windows OS doesn't require as much resources as you think. Please do your research and look up the various 7 inch tablets with Intel atom baytrail and cherry trail processors. You are heavily underestimating Microsoft

Try and Install SAP on a Windows Tablet and then you'd know it is NOT a Desktop OS. Like I try to let you know, there is a difference between "DESKTOP EXPERIENCE" and "FULL WINDOWS OS".

1 Like

Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 05, 2015
Fulaman198:

I'm aware, full desktop O.S. are far more capable than mobile operating systems

u seem to knw abt windows os..

pls sir, i want to kill my android phone and get windows phone, preferrably lumia 635 with windows 8.1,

can u tell me some of its cool features

like gaming, data consumption, display, e.t.c..

i need to knw abt it
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by Nobody: 3:31pm On May 05, 2015
martineverest:
They re about to rectify dat...developers neglected windows cos of low sales of windows phones.to rectify dat,microsoft decided to unify all windows devices(which were using seperate operating system)..once a developer developes an app for windows phones,it automatically available for pc(with more than 1.5billion in number) and xbox.this ll automatically attracts developers to the platform

It's not as easy as you think. Developers could be stubborn and lazy sometimes. If it's easy as you think Microsoft won't be making moves on
Project Islandwood(iOS apps) and Project Astoria(android apps).
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by martineverest(m): 3:56pm On May 05, 2015
It depends....if windows 10 bcomes successful,wont dey jump into windows bandwagon......example,if windows pc users upgrade their PCs to windows 10(say,about 200million pc ungrade),what do u think ll happen?
ollah1:

It's not as easy as you think. Developers could be stubborn and lazy sometimes. If it's easy as you think Microsoft won't be making moves on
Project Islandwood(iOS apps) and Project Astoria(android apps).
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by Fulaman198(m): 3:56pm On May 05, 2015
Akainzo:

Try and Install SAP on a Windows Tablet and then you'd know it is NOT a Desktop OS. Like I try to let you know, there is a difference between "DESKTOP EXPERIENCE" and "FULL WINDOWS OS".

I have installed Oracle Virtual box, and Wireshark on a Windows tablet, hooked it up to a monitor via miracast functionality as well as to an external 500gb hard drive and Bluetooth mouse and keyboard and did indeed get a full Windows experience.

Was it as fast as my mobile workstation which packs a haswell core-i7 4710mq with 32gb of RAM? no it wasn't I don't expect it to be as fast as my computer meant for engineering. However, for the average consumer it was more than powerful enough for basic daily tasks.
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by Fulaman198(m): 4:00pm On May 05, 2015
vickerz:

u seem to knw abt windows os..

pls sir, i want to kill my android phone and get windows phone, preferrably lumia 635 with windows 8.1,

can u tell me some of its cool features

like gaming, data consumption, display, e.t.c..

i need to knw abt it

I currently use an Android phone as my mobile device (a Nexus 5) running the latest iteration of Android (5.1) . Once Windows 10 comes out on modern day phones with 64 bit processors I'll definitely obtain one. I don't see the point of 64-bit on Android or iOS, but I do see the point on Windows devices
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by Nobody: 5:21pm On May 05, 2015
martineverest:
It depends....if windows 10 bcomes successful,wont dey jump into windows bandwagon......example,if windows pc users upgrade their PCs to windows 10(say,about 200million pc ungrade),what do u think ll happen?

You don't understand me. What Microsoft intend doing is porting iOS and Android apps to windows 10 ans the names are called project Islandwood and project Astoria respectively.

This move would make it easier for developers and Microsoft and users. It's s win win for everybody
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by martineverest(m): 6:47pm On May 05, 2015
Yeah.....but,i see a situation whereby developers will prefer using microsoft visual studio rada than using astoria and islawood,when windows 10 bcomes successful.
ollah1:

You don't understand me. What Microsoft intend doing is porting iOS and Android apps to windows 10 ans the names are called project Islandwood and project Astoria respectively.

This move would make it easier for developers and Microsoft and users. It's s win win for everybody
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by martineverest(m): 6:54pm On May 05, 2015
Yeah.....but,i see a situation whereby developers will prefer using microsoft visual studio rada than using astoria and islawood,when windows 10 bcomes successful.
ollah1:

Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by dabosuker(m): 8:04pm On May 05, 2015
continum on windows 10 converts windows phone experience to desktop experience, enabling a user to have full functionality of a program (say MS word) running on phone with the help of a screen (smart tv.etc) same funtionality with someone using a deskstop/laptop/windows tablet, ....do not mistake that for "full windows OS experience", microsoft did not say that . you are only getting the desktop experience of that particular program . please note. remember its just a phone you working from.

1 Like

Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by Collinz2(m): 8:51pm On May 05, 2015
martineverest:
u are speaking as if u know the future. Microsoft have no intension of making developing app easy 4 developers, the did nt because their ios and android iz far more popular and have more apps than windows os and they think because of that developers will port their apps. developers are nt lazy 2 create app and they target popular OSes.

1 Like

Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by martineverest(m): 9:15pm On May 05, 2015
Developers create apps for os dat has large users....windows 8 and windows phone 8 neva had,because ppl never liked both 0Ses(dis made users remain with windows7)......the unification of all windows 0Ses and xpectations for windows 10 is xtremely high dat some ppl cant wait for it release.if its actually released and it surpases analyst predictions(dat windows 10 ll b on billions of systems)......where do u think developers ll switch to? think
Collinz2:
u are speaking as if u know the future. Microsoft have no intension of making developing app easy 4 developers, the did nt because their ios and android iz far more popular and have more apps than windows os and they think because of that developers will port their apps. developers are nt lazy 2 create app and they target popular OSes.
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by Collinz2(m): 10:07pm On May 05, 2015
martineverest:
Developers create apps for os dat has large users....windows 8 and windows phone 8 neva had,because ppl never liked both 0Ses(dis made users remain with windows7)......the unification of all windows 0Ses and xpectations for windows 10 is xtremely high dat some ppl cant wait for it release.if its actually released and it surpases analyst predictions(dat windows 10 ll b on billions of systems)......where do u think developers ll switch to? think
no u think, people that want win10 are those that already have win8 phone and windows 10 cnt be on billions of system cause some system can even run windows 8. Developers wil hardly face win10

1 Like

Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by martineverest(m): 10:21pm On May 05, 2015
Dont forget dat both phones and pc now use same kernel(first of its kind) and there re 1.5 billion PCs around d world and 700million are up for upgrade;microsoft now allow windows on raspberry and aduino;internet of things(with windows as d best for this phenomenon); surface tablets re now top tablets and replace ipads as the best and innovative tablets/device around;hololens is around the corner.......
Collinz2:
no u think, people that want win10 are those that already have win8 phone and windows 10 cnt be on billions of system cause some system can even run windows 8. Developers wil hardly face win10

2 Likes

Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by dabosuker(m): 10:45pm On May 05, 2015
martineverest:
Dont forget dat both phones and pc now use same kernel(first of its kind) and there re 1.5 billion PCs around d world and 700million are up for upgrade;microsoft now allow windows on raspberry and aduino;internet of things(with windows as d best for this phenomenon); surface tablets re now top tablets and replace ipads as the best and innovative tablets/device around;hololens is around the corner.......

Any observant person can see Microsoft coming from afar to take it all grin, they own the desktop/laptop niche , with Surface tablets i think they have finally taken the modern Tablet niche , those surface Tablet pcs are something else (classy, light, work or play). windows 10/windows phone 10 looks promising , anyone who thinks Microsoft doesn't stand a chance is drinking bobo juice & bathing with lux, microsoft is coming to take it all angry.
And am getting myself a Surface 3 . God! i love that device .. grin.

1 Like

Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by martineverest(m): 11:10pm On May 05, 2015
Its only tech-savvy people dat understand waz happening.........ll surface 3 get to nigeria?....its now a worldwide device
dabosuker:

Any observant person can see Microsoft coming from afar to take it all grin, they own the desktop/laptop niche , with Surface tablets i think they have finally taken the modern Tablet niche , those surface Tablet pcs are something else (classy, light, work or play). windows 10/windows phone 10 looks promising , anyone who thinks Microsoft doesn't stand a chance is drinking bobo juice & bathing with lux, microsoft is coming to take it all angry.
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by Fulaman198(m): 5:04am On May 06, 2015
dabosuker:

So true
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by Fulaman198(m): 5:05am On May 06, 2015
martineverest:

there you go, well-written
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by Collinz2(m): 8:17am On May 06, 2015
martineverest:
does hololens look like something u and i can afford wht wil u use it for. And surface pro are still computer seperated from its keypad. Stop comparing it to normal tablet.

1 Like

Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by ITbomb(m): 8:38am On May 06, 2015
ewizard1:
I would think of buying a Windows Phone if it could morph into a Desktop PC mode an allow me run apps like Coreldraw, Photoshop, and my other Graphics/Designing Programmes.

#Its not going to replace my Android tho...
We said the same thing about Symbian years ago.
Technology evolves

1 Like

Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by martineverest(m): 8:47am On May 06, 2015
Hololens ll come in sizes and grades,just like fones and computer...there ll be cheap ones as well as xpensive ones.besides,analyst predict 500/600 dollars as starting(dats below cost of iphone 6 price)..........surface pro 3 is a complete tablet with more functions.are tablets not computers?
Collinz2:
does hololens look like something u and i can afford wht wil u use it for. And surface pro are still computer seperated from its keypad. Stop comparing it to normal tablet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k / How To Create Yahoo Mail With Phone / NIN Issues: I Never Registered For NIN.. How Do I Verify The NIN from *346#?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.