Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,423 members, 7,819,522 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

What Olx Guys Did To My Friend because Of 20k Bb Q5 - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / What Olx Guys Did To My Friend because Of 20k Bb Q5 (3363 Views)

Get New/almost New MOTO X 2nd Gen/bb Q5 / How To Buy And Sell Used Stuff Online On Olx,jiji And Efritin / Uk used BB Q5 & Android Bontel R5. Neat And Cheap In Owerri Call 07038888409 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Olx Guys Did To My Friend because Of 20k Bb Q5 by Tundephish(m): 6:32am On May 01, 2015
Good morning guys. This goes to people that love buying from olx guys. You guys have to be careful. See what some guys did to my friend all because of 20k be q5. learn from this olx lovers shocked

He met the seller on olx and they agreed to meet in front of a bank, on arriving there, the guy told him he is charging the phone and that he should come with him they went inside a building, my friend checked the phone, it was working fine then he gave him the money. A minute after the guy said he's no more selling and that he should take he's money, but he gave my friend fake money, quickly he discovered that the cash he returned were fake then he disagreed. When they were dragging, four other guys came in, now 5 guys to one. To cut the story short they thet pushed him down from a storey building and ran. This is story is not fake. It's just to make us realise how desperate sinew guys are cos of money. Therefore, you guys should be careful whenever you are meeting a seller.

Re: What Olx Guys Did To My Friend because Of 20k Bb Q5 by Nobody: 6:37am On May 01, 2015
How we wan take knw say na true u dey talk?
Re: What Olx Guys Did To My Friend because Of 20k Bb Q5 by Mustack: 6:38am On May 01, 2015
explain what's happens?
Re: What Olx Guys Did To My Friend because Of 20k Bb Q5 by AskProf: 6:39am On May 01, 2015
Tundephish:
Good morning guys. This goes to people that love buying from olx guys. You guys have to be careful. See what some guys did to my friend all because of 20k be q5. learn from this olx lovers shocked

Pls, what's the story behind the picture? We need to know.
Re: What Olx Guys Did To My Friend because Of 20k Bb Q5 by Saucekide25(m): 6:42am On May 01, 2015
OP, try to give details, so other persons wont fall victim
Re: What Olx Guys Did To My Friend because Of 20k Bb Q5 by 7footre(m): 6:52am On May 01, 2015
Your communication skills is really poor
Re: What Olx Guys Did To My Friend because Of 20k Bb Q5 by justi4jesu(f): 7:14am On May 01, 2015
@Op

What led to this?

Who was the buyer?

Who was the seller?

Your story is half cooked angry
Re: What Olx Guys Did To My Friend because Of 20k Bb Q5 by classicyung(m): 7:17am On May 01, 2015
Bros, enlighten us more
Re: What Olx Guys Did To My Friend because Of 20k Bb Q5 by olaric(m): 7:31am On May 01, 2015
Most times some of us on Nairaland are so much in a hurry and so anxious to get our stories out on this forum that we forget to include vital details. This story is just like cooking a stew and not adding the basic ingredients. Na wa ooo
Re: What Olx Guys Did To My Friend because Of 20k Bb Q5 by Blakjewelry(m): 7:36am On May 01, 2015
Tell the full story, beside the warning says meet in a public place. Many people do theirs in eateries and crowdy places, the site itself is not bad we only have some bad Nigerians
Re: What Olx Guys Did To My Friend because Of 20k Bb Q5 by KolaShangOne(m): 7:39am On May 01, 2015
Story pls
Re: What Olx Guys Did To My Friend because Of 20k Bb Q5 by tyconcepts(f): 8:04am On May 01, 2015
There is nothing to learn from here coz you didn't say anything that made sense.
Re: What Olx Guys Did To My Friend because Of 20k Bb Q5 by Tundephish(m): 8:06am On May 01, 2015
Sorry I didn't include the details. He met the seller on olx and they agreed to meet in front of a bank, on arriving there, the guy told him he is charging the phone and that he should come with him they went inside a building, my friend checked the phone, it was working fine then he gave him the money. A minute after the guy said he's no more selling and that he should take he's money, but he gave my friend fake money, quickly he discovered that the cash he returned were fake then he disagreed. When they were dragging, four other guys came in, now 5 guys to one. To cut the story short they thet pushed him down from a storey building and ran. This is story is not fake. It's just to make us realise how desperate sinew guys are cos of money. Therefore, you guys should be careful whenever you are meeting a seller.
Re: What Olx Guys Did To My Friend because Of 20k Bb Q5 by Tundephish(m): 8:08am On May 01, 2015
Some people just like to talk anyhow. Must you insult?
Re: What Olx Guys Did To My Friend because Of 20k Bb Q5 by toluxa1(m): 8:37am On May 01, 2015
Hmm, it's well o. So much negative news about OLX lately. I hope their massive investment doesn't go down the drain because of this.

My advice for them: Implement an Escrow service!
Re: What Olx Guys Did To My Friend because Of 20k Bb Q5 by frogie: 10:08am On May 01, 2015
Similar th8ng happened to me in computer village its better u transact in an open place or venue and make sure u ve someone with u to follow u down.
Re: What Olx Guys Did To My Friend because Of 20k Bb Q5 by CashdownNG: 10:21am On May 01, 2015
i don't want to be insensitive but why would someone visit olx nowadays? 3/5 people there are scammers na..

20k Bb Q5, I'm pretty sure the guy was looking at the cheapest deal possible.. just like when I saw someone priced a core i7 laptop on nairaland for 40k, I was like, 40k??

My advice to everyone is to buy from people who either have a website, you have known or dealt with before or take extreme safety precautions...

Nothing's free or cheap without reason, reason with your head all the time

2 Likes

Re: What Olx Guys Did To My Friend because Of 20k Bb Q5 by Nobody: 10:58am On May 01, 2015
CashdownNG:
i don't want to be insensitive but why would someone visit olx nowadays? 3/5 people there are scammers na..

20k Bb Q5, I'm pretty sure the guy was looking at the cheapest deal possible.. just like when I saw someone priced a core i7 laptop on nairaland for 40k, I was like, 40k??

My advice to everyone is to buy from people who either have a website, you have known or dealt with before or take extreme safety precautions...

Nothing's free or cheap without reason, reason with your head all the time
I have bought through olx even from another state. I only meet at popular places am familiar with and if the seller decides to shown up without the item,I will reschedule the meet or if the place is close by,he can go fetch while I wait for an agreed duration. While waiting,I initiate a friendly conservation with any shop owner around by buying something from him.
As for buying from another state,their are courier service across nigeria that offer a special service where they meet the seller on ur behalf and inspect the item thoroughly to make sure it genuine and in the condition which the seller has described. He pays and waybilled to ur location and the phone is in ur hands.
Krixmas logistics services is one company that has satisfied my needs in the areas of procurement from lagos to my location. Please keep up the excellent work.
Re: What Olx Guys Did To My Friend because Of 20k Bb Q5 by Rooneyboy(m): 9:26pm On May 01, 2015
justi4jesu:
@Op

What led to this?

Who was the buyer?

Who was the seller?

Your story is half cooked angry

Hi ma'am , I would like u to execute something for me from a county, I intend adding u up on BBM right now so we could talk more !

Hope I'm free to add u up
Re: What Olx Guys Did To My Friend because Of 20k Bb Q5 by Nobody: 10:03pm On May 01, 2015
Hmmm. Despite Olx verification that just started, people are now devising other means. Advertise original products, meet the buyer and rob him/her. An wahoo.

You will be duped if your target is to buy the cheapest deal on Olx. That's is the surest thing I can assure such buyers.

A buyer called me today that he wants to buy my iphone 6 for 40k and abusing me for wanting to sell above 100k that I'm a thief.
Re: What Olx Guys Did To My Friend because Of 20k Bb Q5 by justi4jesu(f): 8:14am On May 02, 2015
Rooneyboy:

Hi ma'am , I would like u to execute something for me from a county, I intend adding u up on BBM right now so we could talk more !

Hope I'm free to add u up

Okay haven't seen your invite yet.
Re: What Olx Guys Did To My Friend because Of 20k Bb Q5 by Rooneyboy(m): 8:38am On May 02, 2015
justi4jesu:

Okay haven't seen your invite yet.
I've just sent a BBM request
Re: What Olx Guys Did To My Friend because Of 20k Bb Q5 by justi4jesu(f): 8:41am On May 02, 2015
Rooneyboy:

I've just sent a BBM request

ok
Re: What Olx Guys Did To My Friend because Of 20k Bb Q5 by psalmz(m): 8:43am On May 02, 2015
I sell on olx,i sell on nairaland and other places.if it's not an office deal or inside a fast food,i don't indulge in such biz,my safety ist,y would he meet a customer in front of a bank.besides,u didn't giv a concrete detail.location of where it all happend,name and branch of where it happend.be wise
Re: What Olx Guys Did To My Friend because Of 20k Bb Q5 by psalmz(m): 8:46am On May 02, 2015
Even if the original price of a certain product is displayed does not give u. Guarranty it's original.in as much,nigerians are also thieves,pricing original samsungg galaxy s5 for 25k,well u give them what their money can buy,the cloned version cos that's what they deserve
Re: What Olx Guys Did To My Friend because Of 20k Bb Q5 by Xxpress(m): 9:31am On May 02, 2015
Omg, get well soon. I never for once like that olx of a site. It has always been one complain or the other.
Re: What Olx Guys Did To My Friend because Of 20k Bb Q5 by hopeforcharles(m): 12:27pm On May 02, 2015
idokojerry:

I have bought through olx even from another state. I only meet at popular places am familiar with and if the seller decides to shown up without the item,I will reschedule the meet or if the place is close by,he can go fetch while I wait for an agreed duration. While waiting,I initiate a friendly conservation with any shop owner around by buying something from him.
As for buying from another state,their are courier service across nigeria that offer a special service where they meet the seller on ur behalf and inspect the item thoroughly to make sure it genuine and in the condition which the seller has described. He pays and waybilled to ur location and the phone is in ur hands.
Krixmas logistics services is one company that has satisfied my needs in the areas of procurement from lagos to my location. Please keep up the excellent work.

Hi Bro please does this Krixmas have a website and address including phone number I would like to use their services. Thanks
Re: What Olx Guys Did To My Friend because Of 20k Bb Q5 by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 02, 2015
hopeforcharles:

Hi Bro please does this Krixmas have a website and address including phone number I would like to use their services. Thanks
Link to their thread
https://www.nairaland.com/1789817/krixmas-logistics-services.for-cheap-pickups
Re: What Olx Guys Did To My Friend because Of 20k Bb Q5 by sinebaba(m): 1:31pm On May 02, 2015
You as an Africa you must be very intelligent to survive. Had been using online platform as means of buying and selling even my first car I bought it on tradestable. You must be very sensitive, somebody you don't know as you to enter a building and you enter that is a mistake. I always meet people at eatery
Re: What Olx Guys Did To My Friend because Of 20k Bb Q5 by Tundephish(m): 4:18pm On May 02, 2015
We learn from others mistake, it happened in ikeja.
Re: What Olx Guys Did To My Friend because Of 20k Bb Q5 by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 02, 2015
Just read of a seller on olx dat got duped of 100k fake notes after meeting the buyer at silverbird. So both buyers and sellers get duped on olx. Na wahoo

1 Like

Re: What Olx Guys Did To My Friend because Of 20k Bb Q5 by Tundephish(m): 7:46pm On May 02, 2015
My brother, we just have to be careful cos the problem is not olx but people transacting via the site

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brand New Note 10 Plus 5G / Samsung Nc10-13p 10.1" Laptop (160gb, 1gb) Wt 6 Cell Battery @n44, 999 / Iphone 7plus Panel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.