Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,660 members, 7,816,691 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

What Breed Of Dog Is This? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / What Breed Of Dog Is This? (7236 Views)

Please What Breed Is This Dog??? / Help Me With Breed Of My Dog.(pics Included). / What Breed Is This Dog, Pls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Breed Of Dog Is This? by uchpanila(m): 12:24pm On May 01, 2015
which breed of Dog is this? that's the male and the puppy. it looks much more like a doberman pinscher though have not seen this colour once.

Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This? by write2obi(m): 12:30pm On May 01, 2015
I think its Ekuke. grin

The man below me is an amiri man and his mum is from akwaibom

1 Like

Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This? by izuch(m): 12:33pm On May 01, 2015
Thats an ekuke na popularly called 404. It makes a wonderful delicacy when prepared properly. Forget how cute it looks as a puppy as time goes on it will shed all that puppy beauty and start looking like a fox. grin

2 Likes

Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This? by Bobbieydeey: 12:36pm On May 01, 2015
Looool you pple and ekuke
Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This? by Ajanii(m): 12:54pm On May 01, 2015
@ op. You'll just make people come here now and abuse this fine puppy. The same device you used in opening this thread.... you could have used it too to Google what a doberman looks like. Now you'll make dog lovers look like bad people when they start abusing this fine puppy because you called him what he's not even close to. There is God sha.

1 Like

Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This? by uchpanila(m): 1:23pm On May 01, 2015
for all of you talking, this is no ekuke cos I was there last three years when It was brought in for a professor friends of mine by his family that stays US, and then I was still a novice so I didn't bother asking then, went there yesterday to visit my old friend when I saw the dogs and their height and aggressiveness and he was not around for me to ask him this question am asking you guys now.

Note to all: For the fact that you were not there when the dogs were brought in or have not seen them for real you can't convince me that it's an ekuke
Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This? by Ajanii(m): 1:40pm On May 01, 2015
Bro, the fact that this dog was brought from us doesn't mean it cannot be a mongrel. Who told you there are no Mixed breed dogs in US? Or you've not seen or heard of people paying big money to import a "pure" breed dog and when it comes they'll realise their neighbour's dog that was bred locally is better than the "pure" one? Besides why did you put the dog up for people to rate it when you know you'll still stand your ground it's a doberman?
Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This? by uchpanila(m): 2:08pm On May 01, 2015
Ajanii:
Bro, the fact that this dog was brought from us doesn't mean it cannot be a mongrel. Who told you there are no Mixed breed dogs in US? Or you've not seen or heard of people paying big money to import a "pure" breed dog and when it comes they'll realise their neighbour's dog that was bred locally is better than the "pure" one? Besides why did you put the dog up for people to rate it when you know you'll still stand your ground it's a doberman?

I never said it's a doberman, read the post well, it's looks like and besides I have not seen that colour of doberman that's why am asking
Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This? by chucky234(m): 2:25pm On May 01, 2015
uchpanila:
for all of you talking, this is no ekuke cos I was there last three years when It was brought in for a professor friends of mine by his family that stays US, and then I was still a novice so I didn't bother asking then, went there yesterday to visit my old friend when I saw the dogs and their height and aggressiveness and he was not around for me to ask him this question am asking you guys now.

Note to all: For the fact that you were not there when the dogs were brought in or have not seen them for real you can't convince me that it's an ekuke
Except you're referring to another dog different from the one in the pic above because the one is a mutt and there is no two ways about it.
Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This? by Ajanii(m): 6:06pm On May 01, 2015
uchpanila:

I never said it's a doberman, read the post well, it's looks like and besides I have not seen that colour of doberman that's why am asking

You still dey argue? I don hear you sir.
Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This? by arcbay(m): 6:39pm On May 01, 2015
Bros, that's a pure bred Mongrel... I guess the owner was scammed and made to believe the dog was imported... Nice pup anyways, looks cute.

And pls NOTE: Mongrels are like any other breeds, they may not have appealing features like the other breeds, but they have their own peculiar qualities. The fact that we see them everyday around us makes us think they're inferior. If the Mongrel had their origin from a country like Germany, I'm sure most of us won't mind paying a fortune to import them.
Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This? by blasiangurl85(f): 8:04pm On May 01, 2015
Looks similar to me.

Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This? by uchpanila(m): 8:28pm On May 01, 2015
arcbay:
Bros, that's a pure bred Mongrel... I guess the owner was scammed and made to believe the dog was imported... Nice pup anyways, looks cute.

And pls NOTE: Mongrels are like any other breeds, they may not have appealing features like the other breeds, but they have their own peculiar qualities. The fact that we see them everyday around us makes us think they're inferior. If the Mongrel had their origin from a country like Germany, I'm sure most of us won't mind paying a fortune to import them.

he didn't order this, it was sent down by his sister that stays in US so I wonder if the person staying in US was scammed or the pup was changed on the way back

1 Like

Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This? by uchpanila(m): 8:31pm On May 01, 2015
blasiangurl85:
Looks similar to me.

yea
Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This? by chucky234(m): 8:33pm On May 01, 2015
blasiangurl85:
Looks similar to me.
They are not the same, Chinook have flat broad muzzle while the dog in the pics Op posted have pointed muzzle.
Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This? by mayorall(m): 8:40pm On May 01, 2015
Nice Ekuke you have there.
Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This? by countsparrow: 9:24pm On May 01, 2015
This is an Ekuke, also called Nigerian Shepard... They back at cockroaches, and ants but never burglars...

And if given d chance, they eat feaces also.. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This? by Eveezy(m): 4:43am On May 02, 2015
mayorall:
Nice Ekuke you have there.
when u say ekuke, I presume u mean our Nigerian shepherd? (local dog) well am very sure u know it within u that this isn't our Nigerian shepherd, I could say its a mongrel, mutt or any term for mixed breed but its not our local dog

1 Like

Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This? by uchpanila(m): 6:57am On May 02, 2015
Eveezy:

when u say ekuke, I presume u mean our Nigerian shepherd? (local dog) well am very sure u know it within u that this isn't our Nigerian shepherd, I could say its a mongrel, mutt or any term for mixed breed but its not our local dog

thanks for the understanding, if this is a mongrel it's definitely not the Nigerian local dog
Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This? by mayorall(m): 10:11am On May 02, 2015
Eveezy:

Check out the background. What dog breed is that?.

Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This? by chucky234(m): 1:04pm On May 02, 2015
mayorall:

Check out the background. What dog breed is that?.
If they think the dog in the background is not a Naija Shepherd then its certainly a Biafran Shepherd because I can bet with my life that the dog in the background was never imported.
Prolly imported from Accra but certainly not the US of A.
Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This? by mayorall(m): 1:27pm On May 02, 2015
chucky234:
If they think the dog in the background is not a Naija Shepherd then its certainly a Biafran Shepherd because I can bet with my life that the dog in the background was never imported.
Prolly imported from Accra but certainly not the US of A.

You never can tell. Might be imported from Chadgrin . @OP just listen to the truth.
Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This? by uchpanila(m): 1:49pm On May 02, 2015
people can talk sha, judging from the pictures and you have not seen the dog in question. have made myself clear for sure this is not Nigerian mongrel!
Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This? by knyte(m): 7:29pm On May 02, 2015
Irrespective of the breed of d dog, pedigree or no pedigree, imported or no imported it doesnt change the fact that its still a dog.. So love your dog UNCONDITIONALLY

2 Likes

Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This? by chucky234(m): 11:20pm On May 02, 2015
knyte:
Irrespective of the breed of d dog, pedigree or no pedigree, imported or no imported it doesnt change the fact that its still a dog.. So love your dog UNCONDITIONALLY
were there a time we asked him to hate the dog?
Did you even read what he wrote, Op is not even the owner of the said dog and you're asking him to love a dog he sees once in a decade unconditionally.
Some people sha, make I just comment my reserve joor
Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This? by knyte(m): 9:19am On May 03, 2015
chucky234:
were there a time we asked him to hate the dog?
Did you even read what he wrote, Op is not even the owner of the said dog and you're asking him to love a dog he sees once in a decade unconditionally.
Some people sha, make I just comment my reserve joor

As u see my comment wasnt directed to anyone including the OP, it was more of a general target.. if he says hes dog is so so breed and he is pretty sure bout it leave him be. I dont see d reason for all d fuss
Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This? by chucky234(m): 9:34am On May 03, 2015
knyte:

As u see my comment wasnt directed to anyone including the OP, it was more of a general target.. if he says hes dog is so so breed and he is pretty sure bout it leave him be. I dont see d reason for all d fuss
Nah we won't "leave him be" when he says this dog was imported and look like Doberman Pinscher.
Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This? by uchpanila(m): 11:23am On May 03, 2015
chucky234:
Nah we won't "leave him be" when he says this dog was imported and look like Doberman Pinscher.

who cares undecided since you just judging from a picture and don't even know anything about it
Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This? by Ajanii(m): 4:30pm On May 03, 2015
This OP na wa! You posted a picture and asked what breed it is. Now you dey Para say na just picture people see wey dem dey take judge. Wetin you want make dem see pass Wetin you post? Abi make we enter car follow you go prof house to go rate the dog? Just change the topic to "check out this imported doberdog or doberman". Anyone who doesn't agree should argue with his landlord.
Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This? by Mckandre(m): 6:21pm On May 03, 2015
Eveezy:

hia...which one be nigerian local shepherd dog and mongrel again? Dude, they re all same irrespective of their relative nomenclature. A local dog aka ekuke is a general name for ya so called mongrel(mutt). Dont go misleading people about nigerian shepherd dog, what's that? That name doesn't exist if u go searching just a cooked up name here in nairaland. Go to any country, you will see those (ekuke) roaming the streets without homes cos people prefer dogs with traceable pedigree and specie name. That Ops dog will remain a local dog until a better recognized name by AKC or better FCI is given to such breed.
Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This? by uchpanila(m): 7:17pm On May 03, 2015
people sha
was expecting all these sha
Re: What Breed Of Dog Is This? by maxi111: 7:32pm On May 03, 2015
I think this could b Brazilian mastiff,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cat Having Sex With Chicken!!!! / Diary Of My GSD, Bella / Help ! Since I Bought This Dog It Has Not Barked For Even 1 Day !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.