Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,189 members, 7,815,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Despite Death Sentence, 19 Nigerians Try To Ship Drugs To Asia – NDLEA - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Despite Death Sentence, 19 Nigerians Try To Ship Drugs To Asia – NDLEA (21289 Views)

Herbalist Poisons And Buries Two Brothers In Kogi, Gets Death Sentence (pic) / NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar / Seriki Muktar Adebayo: I Smuggled Drugs To Survive, Says Footballer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Despite Death Sentence, 19 Nigerians Try To Ship Drugs To Asia – NDLEA by lalasticlala(m): 12:51pm On May 01, 2015
The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency has said it saved 20 people from the death penalty in Asia by preventing them from smuggling drugs out of Nigeria.

In a statement Thursday, the agency said since January 2014, 19 Nigerians and a Ghanaian have been arrested in Nigerian airports attempting to smuggle 106,914 kilogrammes of narcotics.
“Sixteen of the suspects were apprehended at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport Lagos while four others including a Ghanaian were caught at the Akanu Ibiam International Airport Enugu,” said Ahmadu Giade, NDLEA’s Chairman.

“Their final destinations are Malaysia, China and Thailand where drug trafficking is punishable by death.”

On Tuesday, four Nigerians were among eight people executed by Indonesian authorities over drug-related offences.

While commiserating with the deceased families, the NDLEA urged relevant authorities to intensify anti-drug abuse campaign efforts.

“I sincerely sympathise with the families of the executed drug convicts,” Mr. Giade said.

“This is a moment of sober reflection on the illicit activities of drug trafficking syndicates. This brings to the fore the bigger picture of those in foreign prisons, those arrested here and others preparing to smuggle drugs.

“It is a wake-up call for stakeholders to step up their counter-narcotics efforts. Apart from drug trafficking being a criminal act, narcotic smuggling poses a serious threat to public health and safety.”

‘Highest criminal convictions’

According to Mr. Giade, the NDLEA has one of the highest criminal convictions in the country, winning 2,054 cases against alleged drug offenders.

“As we work very hard to reduce cases of illicit drug trafficking, it is imperative for individuals and groups to take steps aimed at preventing their loved ones from getting involved in drug abuse and trafficking,” Mr. Giade said.

The breakdown of the drugs nabbed from the 20 suspected smugglers showed that 83.08kg was seized at the Lagos airport while 23.834kg was intercepted at the Enugu airport.

The seized drugs included 89.024kg of cannabis, 9.375kg of methamphetamine, 3.450kg of amphetamine, 2.89kg of heroin and 2.175kg of cocaine.

The only Ghanaian among the suspects, Musa Idrisa, also known as Charles Udenehi, was going to Bangkok, Thailand, with 450 grams of cocaine he had ingested.

Three females were also among those apprehended.

They include Chidinma Okafor, a professional dancer, caught with 3.450kg of amphetamine hidden in a pair of jeans trousers while attempting to board a flight to Malaysia; Eze Maureen caught with 6.200kg of cannabis on her way to China; and Alade Muyinotu found with 1.725kg of cocaine and 1.715kg of heroin on her way to China.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/182311-despite-death-sentence-19-nigerians-attempt-shipping-drugs-to-asia-ndlea.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Despite Death Sentence, 19 Nigerians Try To Ship Drugs To Asia – NDLEA by politricks: 12:52pm On May 01, 2015
I hate to say this but i think some people are architects of their misfortune because i see no reason smuggling drugs into asia when you know its automatic death if caught. If they were caught there and sentenced to death, we would start saying their law is barbaric. All i know is, i will make it in Nigeria by the grace of GOD. Kudos to NDLEA for this.

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Despite Death Sentence, 19 Nigerians Try To Ship Drugs To Asia – NDLEA by shakazuldadon: 12:52pm On May 01, 2015
its incomprehensible to me..... anyways good luck to them.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Despite Death Sentence, 19 Nigerians Try To Ship Drugs To Asia – NDLEA by RoyalBlak007: 12:54pm On May 01, 2015
GET RICH OR.....
Re: Despite Death Sentence, 19 Nigerians Try To Ship Drugs To Asia – NDLEA by msmon(m): 12:54pm On May 01, 2015
Brb
Re: Despite Death Sentence, 19 Nigerians Try To Ship Drugs To Asia – NDLEA by Nobody: 12:58pm On May 01, 2015
na hussle abeg......at least if they are to die it won't be from hunger...besides their death would make nairaland front page

5 Likes

Re: Despite Death Sentence, 19 Nigerians Try To Ship Drugs To Asia – NDLEA by politricks: 1:02pm On May 01, 2015
Larryfly:
na hussle abeg......at least if they are to die it won't be from hunger...besides their death would make nairaland front page
Please when next are you smuggling drugs to asia so that we can prepare your coffin. Dont worry, it will make nairaland frontpage.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Despite Death Sentence, 19 Nigerians Try To Ship Drugs To Asia – NDLEA by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 01, 2015
to the determined, death only, remains the impediment.
Re: Despite Death Sentence, 19 Nigerians Try To Ship Drugs To Asia – NDLEA by ginawest(f): 1:06pm On May 01, 2015
fly wey nor dey hear word dey follow dead body enta grave

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Death Sentence, 19 Nigerians Try To Ship Drugs To Asia – NDLEA by ozoigbondu: 1:07pm On May 01, 2015
Thats the problem with some people you try to save them yet they don't want to be saved infact they are certified dumb morons

12 Likes

Re: Despite Death Sentence, 19 Nigerians Try To Ship Drugs To Asia – NDLEA by ginawest(f): 1:08pm On May 01, 2015
RoyalBlak007:
GET RICH OR.....
DIE TRYING

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Death Sentence, 19 Nigerians Try To Ship Drugs To Asia – NDLEA by Atk01(f): 1:08pm On May 01, 2015
Some people sef. Even with the recent Indonesian executions, they are still trafficking drugs. Later, when they are caught and sentenced to death, they'll be crying foul. Mtcheww.
Re: Despite Death Sentence, 19 Nigerians Try To Ship Drugs To Asia – NDLEA by nerodenero: 1:09pm On May 01, 2015
This mentality of get rich or die trying is the way most of these peoples' mind are programmed such that it is only when they are caught that the zeal dies a natural death since most these countries kill drug traffickers.

After they are caught, they would turn born-again and will sing 'amazing grace' on their way to execution. Pathetic thieves

If they are not caught, they return and start leaving larger than life, intimidating others and making hardworking individuals look cursed.

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Despite Death Sentence, 19 Nigerians Try To Ship Drugs To Asia – NDLEA by write2obi(m): 1:12pm On May 01, 2015
Man must chop grin
Re: Despite Death Sentence, 19 Nigerians Try To Ship Drugs To Asia – NDLEA by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 01, 2015
Booked
Re: Despite Death Sentence, 19 Nigerians Try To Ship Drugs To Asia – NDLEA by onyi4edu(f): 1:13pm On May 01, 2015
Is it that people don't learn or they feign ignorance If these people are caught now I will be among those crying foul undecided some people need not to be pitied sha

2 Likes

Re: Despite Death Sentence, 19 Nigerians Try To Ship Drugs To Asia – NDLEA by danbrowndmf(m): 1:22pm On May 01, 2015
Nigerians with the mentality of ...." I MUST BE RiCH,BY FiRE BY FORCE"

1 Like

Re: Despite Death Sentence, 19 Nigerians Try To Ship Drugs To Asia – NDLEA by iluvweed(m): 2:25pm On May 01, 2015
grin
Re: Despite Death Sentence, 19 Nigerians Try To Ship Drugs To Asia – NDLEA by Anoruo(m): 2:25pm On May 01, 2015
politricks:
I hate to say this but i think some people are architect of their misfortune because i see know reason smuggling drugs into asia when you know its automatic death if caught. If they were caught there and sentenced to death, we would start saying their law is barbaric. All i know is, i will make it in Nigeria by the grace of GOD. Kudos to NDLEA for this.

They prefer death to poverty simple.

3 Likes

Re: Despite Death Sentence, 19 Nigerians Try To Ship Drugs To Asia – NDLEA by Badgers14: 2:25pm On May 01, 2015
Despite tough punishment on drugs on this countries, people still get mind . shocked

Watch this guys blame every body from there village witches and wizards to GEJ gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Despite Death Sentence, 19 Nigerians Try To Ship Drugs To Asia – NDLEA by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 01, 2015
Lock zem up. All ov zem! And vring me za keys...por safekeeping. Yua hear

3 Likes

Re: Despite Death Sentence, 19 Nigerians Try To Ship Drugs To Asia – NDLEA by omenka(m): 2:26pm On May 01, 2015
This was exactly the reason behind my post on that death sentence thread. These guys are just too damn headstrong for their own good.

2 Likes

Re: Despite Death Sentence, 19 Nigerians Try To Ship Drugs To Asia – NDLEA by baybeeboi: 2:27pm On May 01, 2015
well Checked, 16 of them will be Igbos and the Rest Yorubas.

3 Likes

Re: Despite Death Sentence, 19 Nigerians Try To Ship Drugs To Asia – NDLEA by Dragonking: 2:27pm On May 01, 2015
To be honest, i support the execution in asia because people no go still hear word. Imagine killing 4 people yesterday and you are still willing to carry drugs because of money.

when they catch you, you will start crying to government for help.

1 Like

Re: Despite Death Sentence, 19 Nigerians Try To Ship Drugs To Asia – NDLEA by croSStodds(m): 2:28pm On May 01, 2015
politricks:
Please when next are you smuggling drugs to asia so that we can prepare your coffin. Dont worry, it will make nairaland frontpage.
Lwkmd!!
Re: Despite Death Sentence, 19 Nigerians Try To Ship Drugs To Asia – NDLEA by TreasuredGlory: 2:29pm On May 01, 2015
Omo Igbo

3 Likes

Re: Despite Death Sentence, 19 Nigerians Try To Ship Drugs To Asia – NDLEA by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 01, 2015
Why are Nigerians this desperate ?? undecided undecided undecided embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Death Sentence, 19 Nigerians Try To Ship Drugs To Asia – NDLEA by Efizzi: 2:30pm On May 01, 2015
Nice job NDLEA, please arrest and imprison them so they don't go and waste their lives in Asia. If they don't care about themselves let them know we care for them by force. Thanks

10 Likes

Re: Despite Death Sentence, 19 Nigerians Try To Ship Drugs To Asia – NDLEA by Dragonking: 2:31pm On May 01, 2015
TreasuredGlory:
Omo Igbo

Yoluba sef join.

They include Chidinma Okafor, a professional dancer, caught with 3.450kg of amphetamine hidden in a pair of jeans trousers while attempting to board a flight to Malaysia; Eze Maureen caught with 6.200kg of cannabis on her way to China; and Alade Muyinotu found with 1.725kg of cocaine and 1.715kg of heroin on her way to China.

11 Likes

Re: Despite Death Sentence, 19 Nigerians Try To Ship Drugs To Asia – NDLEA by Leemak: 2:32pm On May 01, 2015
I wish more of them be nabbed by Asian authorities.
Re: Despite Death Sentence, 19 Nigerians Try To Ship Drugs To Asia – NDLEA by sukkot: 2:33pm On May 01, 2015
nerodenero:
This mentality of get rich or die trying is the way most of these peoples' mind are programmed such that it is only when they are caught that the zeal dies a natural death since most these countries kill drug traffickers.

After they are caught, they would turn born-again and will sing 'amazing grace' on their way to execution. Pathetic thieves

If they are not caught, they return and start leaving larger than life, intimidating others and making hardworking individuals look cursed.
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Despite Death Sentence, 19 Nigerians Try To Ship Drugs To Asia – NDLEA by bettercreature(m): 2:33pm On May 01, 2015
The rate at which the rich men are oppressing the lower class can make person commit crime

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sunny Ekechukwu Benjy Eke's Bail: NACOB And Accra High Court In Tango / Abuja Schoolboy Remanded In Prison For Sodomy — Minister / One Dies In Anambra Market Cult Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.