Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,278 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Does The Bible Actually Say Christians Must Tithe? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Bible Actually Say Christians Must Tithe? (1802 Views)

“Christians Must Live Exemplary Married Life” – Apostle & Reverend Lizzy Suleman / 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. / Did ANYONE Mentioned In The Bible Actually Ever Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does The Bible Actually Say Christians Must Tithe? by agwom(m): 8:48pm On May 01, 2015
Many Christians are taught that God requires them to tithe. They believe God wants ten percent of their (gross) income. Does the Bible actually say Christians must tithe?
Re: Does The Bible Actually Say Christians Must Tithe? by skylane: 8:58pm On May 01, 2015
agwom:
Many Christians are taught that God requires them to tithe. They believe God wants ten percent of their (gross) income. Does the Bible actually say Christians must tithe?

Malachi 3:8 "Should people cheat God? Yet you have cheated me! "But you ask, 'What do you mean? When did we ever cheat you?' "You have cheated me of the tithes and offerings due to me". Also Malachi 3:10"Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. And thereby put me to the test, says the Lord of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need.

So please don't doubt again
Re: Does The Bible Actually Say Christians Must Tithe? by Nobody: 9:02pm On May 01, 2015
agwom:

the bible state dat the jews in accordance to the old testment must pay tithe, but jesus never said anytin abt titheing, in his teaching he said words like these '' give it shall be giving unto you'' , he also said '' IT is more blessed to give than to receive '' jesus was silent abt tithing becus it was not applicable fot the new testament church. And even paul also in his teaching said words like this " upon the first day of the week let every man lay in store as the lord has bless him" he also said " He that soweth spariling shall reap spariling, he that soweth boutifully shall reap boutifully" infact in the new testament titheing was silent because it was no longer applicable to the new testament saint.
Re: Does The Bible Actually Say Christians Must Tithe? by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 01, 2015
If tithing. Is applicable in todays church , then the killing of bulls and goat will still be applicable today, because they were all laws in the old testament dat must be fulfilled . So why do tithing alone, and not sprinkle blood for remission of sins. They were all the same laws givin to moses
Re: Does The Bible Actually Say Christians Must Tithe? by omojeesu(m): 9:15pm On May 01, 2015
NO! I THITHE NOT TO OBEY O.T. COMMAND BUT: 1) the principle preceeded Moses and the giving of the law demonstrated by father Abraham 2) it's an expression of love for God 3) it is a form of sowing and as such is rewarding 4) I regard it as minimum to give to support the work of God. I rejoice in doing it!
Re: Does The Bible Actually Say Christians Must Tithe? by NumberOne2(m): 10:57pm On May 01, 2015
This topic has been exhausted severally. Check here:
https://www.nairaland.com/2278255/please-satisfy-curiosity-tithing-fervent
Re: Does The Bible Actually Say Christians Must Tithe? by enilove(m): 12:15am On May 02, 2015
Climaths:
the bible state dat the jews in accordance to the old testment must pay tithe, but jesus never said anytin abt titheing, in his teaching he said words like these '' give it shall be giving unto you'' , he also said '' IT is more blessed to give than to receive '' jesus was silent abt tithing becus it was not applicable fot the new testament church. And even paul also in his teaching said words like this " upon the first day of the week let every man lay in store as the lord has bless him" he also said " He that soweth spariling shall reap spariling, he that soweth boutifully shall reap boutifully" infact in the new testament titheing was silent because it was no longer applicable to the new testament saint.

Ignorance will not exonerate you or anybody from God's judgement . To say "I do not know" is better off than to utter words that will destroy the heaven of someone.

Jesus made mention of tithes in the bible:
. Matthew 23:23 KJV
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

It does not stop there. The Lord said :
Matthew 5:17-20 KJV
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. [18] For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. [19] Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them , the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. [20] For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

As we can read from the above, Jesus said he has not come to abolish the law and that we must abide by the laws and do more than what the law requires. EXCEPT OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS EXCEEDS THAT OF THE SCRIBES AND PHARISEES who pay tithes but neglected love faith right judgement etc.

Jesus said the Pharisees pay tithe which is necessary but neglected the most important part like mercy and faith .
And as Christians our righteousness must be above that of a Pharisees , that is , we too must pay tithe combined with love ,faith ,mercy , kindness ,endurance etc.

The part of the old testament not required to be kept by Christians are those aspect requiring BLOOD SACRIFICES, because of the blood of our Lord Jesus that was shed for us has replaced every blood sacrifice ordained by the law.

If you say you will not give tithe ,you will be empowering Islam over Christianity. What I mean is that the Islamic states are sponsoring these terrorists because their aim is to Islamise the whole world and where the churches lack finance it will die gradually ,God forbid ,in Jesus name.

The only option available for a christian who does not want to. pay tithe is to follow this :

Acts 4:32-35 KJV
And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. [33] And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. [34] Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, [35] And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

We need to be careful in what we say ,think & write .
Re: Does The Bible Actually Say Christians Must Tithe? by ayoku777(m): 10:50am On May 02, 2015
enilove:

Ignorance will not exonerate you or anybody from God's judgement . To say "I do not know" is better off than to utter words that will destroy the heaven of someone.

Jesus made mention of tithes in the bible:
. Matthew 23:23 KJV
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

It does not stop there. The Lord said :
Matthew 5:17-20 KJV
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. [18] For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. [19] Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them , the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. [20] For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

As we can read from the above, Jesus said he has not come to abolish the law and that we must abide by the laws and do more than what the law requires. EXCEPT OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS EXCEEDS THAT OF THE SCRIBES AND PHARISEES who pay tithes but neglected love faith right judgement etc.

Jesus said the Pharisees pay tithe which is necessary but neglected the most important part like mercy and faith .
And as Christians our righteousness must be above that of a Pharisees , that is , we too must pay tithe combined with love ,faith ,mercy , kindness ,endurance etc.

The part of the old testament not required to be kept by Christians are those aspect requiring BLOOD SACRIFICES, because of the blood of our Lord Jesus that was shed for us has replaced every blood sacrifice ordained by the law.

If you say you will not give tithe ,you will be empowering Islam over Christianity. What I mean is that the Islamic states are sponsoring these terrorists because their aim is to Islamise the whole world and where the churches lack finance it will die gradually ,God forbid ,in Jesus name.

The only option available for a christian who does not want to. pay tithe is to follow this :

Acts 4:32-35 KJV
And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. [33] And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. [34] Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, [35] And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

We need to be careful in what we say ,think & write .

So Christ only ended the blood sacrifices? And the other laws still stand and apply to us?

What of the commandment that said men should not shave their side burns or cut their beards (Lev 19v27). Is that law still applicable?

What of the one that said women on their period should not enter into the house of God. And that no one should touch her or even touch whatever she touches (Lev 15v19-23). Is that still applicable today?

What of the one that said that people with physical deformities are not allowed to minister in the house of God (Lev 21v17-21). Is that still applicable now?

Since according to you, only blood sacrifices was abolished by the death and resurrection of Christ. And the rest still stand.

Let me tell you emphatically. There is no where in scripture where the instruction to pay tithes was addressed to priests. Priests were exempted from the responsibility of tithing because of their work as ministers of the tabernacle of witness.

God gave the high priest and his seeds the heave offering as a covenant of salt; the same way He gave David and his seed the kingdom as a covenant of salt.

Numbers 18v19 -All the heave offerings of the holy things, which the children of Israel shall offer unto the Lord, have I given thee, and thy sons and thy daughters with thee, by a statute forever: IT IS A COVENANT OF SALT FOREVER before the Lord unto thee and to thy seed with thee.

2Chronicles 13v5 -Ought ye not to know that the Lord God of Israel gave the kingdom over Israel to David for ever, even to him and his sons BY A COVENANT OF SALT?

And what is a covenant of salt? A covenant of salt is a perpetual or incorruptible covenant. A covenant that even a dispensational change cannot alter. A covenant whose terms remain constant under the new covenant as it was under the old.

That is why the person sitting on the throne of David now under the new covenant (Jesus Christ) is still a seed of David from the tribe of Judah. Because God gave the kingdom to David and his seed as a covenant of salt.

So just as you can't collect the throne of Israel from a Son of David, you also can't collect the tithe from the high priest and his priests. Whether under the old or new testament. That's why there is no where the commandment or instruction to pay tithes was addressed to priests.

So one; Every christian is now a priest:

Rev 5v10 - And hast made us unto our God KINGS AND PRIESTS: and we shall reign on the earth.

1Peter 2v5 -Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, AN HOLY PRIESTHOOD, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

1Peter 2v9 -But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people;

And two; PRIESTS DON'T PAY TITHES under any dispensation -old or new.

So even if tithing has not been abolished according to you; the fact remains every christian has now been elevated to the class of kingdom citizens that are exempted from the responsibility.

Every believer in Christ is now a priest, a seed of the High priest; and a minister of the tabernacle of witness. They don't pay tithes and you don't collect tithes from them.

This was one revelation the early church had and understood. That is why there is no single case of tithe being mentioned as a practise among the apostles, the early church or even the first century christians.

Tithing was never mentioned by the apostles, whether as a commandment to keep, or as a rebuke to those who don't pay it, or as a warning of something not to default in; or even as an encouragment of something to keep doing. It was not mentioned at all.

Because the early church understood and respected the revelation of the new covenant priesthood of every believer.

The High Priest and His Priests don't pay tithe and you don't collect it from them.

Giving is the commandment of the new covenant; not tithing.

Shalom.

2 Likes

Re: Does The Bible Actually Say Christians Must Tithe? by brocab: 1:23pm On May 03, 2015
"The big No" Christians don't have to tithe, It's another business lie, away to earn quick cash, another scam put in place to rip off God's people.

The Lord has given us warning about such preachers or pastors who have chosen the Highways, 1 Timothy 6:3-5 gives us a clear version, about these crimes...
People who agree with these wolves in sheep clothings, say tithing money was put in place today' because there wasn't enough money around back then?
I assure you, money was flowing in those days, scriptures tells us how rich it really was. Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, if there wasn't any money back then, Caesar would have had everyone in prison for not paying there taxes..
Jesus talked about the money changers, He talked about the young Rich man, the disciples mentioned how the temple, stood in it's richness.
People brought stock and crops and merchandise, Judas, collected 30 pieces of silver while Jesus told him to give it the poor, later Judas sold Jesus for 30 pieces of silver.
From Greed to richness, had changed the Church, from loving each other, for the love of money. God says you can't love God and Mammon at the same time.
Tithing was never about fear, not then' and not now in this day and age. Listen people read up, seek the bible, ask the Lord because the truth will set you free.
When God made a law to tithe 'it was never about money, Malachi 3:10 bring all your tithes into the shore house so my people will be fed.

You are believing a lie, it was man who created this lie-read between the lines, don't allow the devil to over come you. It's not worth the risks.

If you believe you were meant to tithe, {which is not proven in scripture} then tithe the way God told the Jews to tithe, fill all the houses with food so all God's people will be fed.
Think of it, if everyone tithed God's way, how many staving countries do you believe there will be left. None...

While most will turn their life's back over to God 100 fold and counting.

Amen

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Actually Say Christians Must Tithe? by enilove(m): 7:05pm On May 03, 2015
@ayoku

Did you not read what Jesus said in Matthew 23:23.? Do you know more than Jesus Himself.

Jesus said ( not me ) that he has not come to abolish the law in Matt 5:17....

A woman with an issue of blood is not bound to follow what the law of Moses required because the Blood of Jesus is purer than that of dove etc required for the cleansing in the old testament.

Don't you think you will be going against the direct word of God by saying tithe is no longer necessary ,since you cannot read where it is written in the new testament that it is no longer required of us to pay.
Jesus also said that it is necessary that the Pharisees should pay tithe . Is that not in your Bible?

It is wise to pay tithe instead of waiting till death to discover that you have disobeyed God.
Everything we do have repercussions. If you give to people you will reap. Your tithe to God can never be a waste. It will be used for the house of God and the gospel.

It is better to be on a safe side than to argue and assume when one is not sure.
Re: Does The Bible Actually Say Christians Must Tithe? by Ifeann(f): 7:53pm On May 03, 2015
skylane:
Malachi 3:8 "Should people cheat God? Yet you have cheated me! "But you ask, 'What do you mean? When did we ever cheat you?' "You have cheated me of the tithes and offerings due to me". Also Malachi 3:10"Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. And thereby put me to the test, says the Lord of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need.

So please don't doubt again

Are u an old testament Jew?. Do u also stone adulteresses. ?

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Actually Say Christians Must Tithe? by jcross19: 8:21pm On May 03, 2015
enilove:
@ayoku

Did you not read what Jesus said in Matthew 23:23.? Do you know more than Jesus Himself.

A woman with an issue of blood is not bound to follow what the law of Moses required because the Blood of Jesus is purer than that of dove etc required for the cleansing in the old testament.

Don't you think you will be going against the direct word of God by saying tithe is no longer necessary ,since you cannot read where it is written in the new testament that it is no longer required of us to pay.
Jesus also said that it is necessary that the Pharisees should pay tithe . Is that not in your Bible?

It is wise to pay tithe instead of waiting till death to discover that you have disobeyed God.
Everything we do have repercussions. If you give to people you will reap. Your tithe to God can never be a waste. It will be used for the house of God and the gospel.

It is better to be on a safe side than to argue and assume when one is not sure.

am pastor and I work on the alter as well. Tithe is not christianity but judaism, the religion of moses. In that verse you see there of mathew 23 vs 23 jesus christ was trying address the issue of hypocrite of pharisee that choose any law they like and discard others,instead they should practise all the laws. Now in our church if we have to practise that tithe then we need to practise all the laws which is more than 600 laws in jew custom but now tithe was only thing they single handedly picked to be practised why not all the laws according to that verse mathew 23vs23.there is no where in early church that tithe was practised but what they did is to donate all you have I mean all you have . Check act of apostle 4 vs 34 that will clear to you how they lived then and remember when jesus was working on the faces of this earth nothing like christians.
Tithe was adopted by roman catholic when they wanted to build vatican it was never christian doctrine sir ,
In other hand tithe is better than donating all you have to promote the gospel , you can't expect adenuga to sell his properties and donate it to church but I think tithe is good ideal to promote God works
Gospel need finance without it in now our days evangelism may not survive , so church need a support as well but we man of God have turn tithe as must-pay I mean under most , that's not right because we depend on it like our life can't survive and we forget that there is no place we read in the bible that those apostles are collecting money for their own use. Now we are not role model any more.

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Actually Say Christians Must Tithe? by ayoku777(m): 9:10pm On May 03, 2015
enilove:
@ayoku

You didn't answer my points; you skimmed over the one you could gainsay and kept stressing your view. But let me even let that go. Just answer these ones:

Do you believe in the priesthood of every believer in Christ? Yes or No

Do you believe priests are exempted from the responsibilty of tithing? Yes or No.

If your answer is yes. Wouldn't it mean that those collecting tithes from christians are actually the ones going against God's law?

Then that statement of Jesus about tithing. Was He talking to pharisees and jews; or to priests and christians?

And when He made that statement. Was the new covenant already active? Was the dispensation of the priesthood of every believer already in place. Or it was still under the old covenant?

I'm not using this questions to trap you; but to help guide your thought to see how wrong it is to demand tithe from a christian, someone who is a priest and seed of the high priest; a minister of the tabernacle of witness.

The hypocrisy of tithe collectors and supporters is that they believe in the priesthood of every believer; until you show them how it exempts christians from the responsibility of tithing -according to God's law and covenant of salt.

They don't disprove it, they just ignore or adamantly disagree without showing why all of a sudden priests should now pay tithe under the new covenant.

I know the power of indoctrination; and I can also see that you're paying tithe partly out of fear. You want to be safe than sorry, you want to err on the side of caution.

That's why I'm not imposing my opinion, I'm simply guiding your reasoning with biblical truths so that you will arrive at the truth yourself. I've been where you are too.

And you're also wrong. I don't need to tithe to support the house of God and the gospel. I can support it by simply giving; giving not tithing, just like the early church.

Shalom
Re: Does The Bible Actually Say Christians Must Tithe? by Nobody: 9:43pm On May 03, 2015
Only ignoramus and those too lazy to read and understand the Bible pay tithe, it surprises me that people who claim to be learned would be following one illiterate Pastor to defend the payment of tithes not knowing the said pastor is only after his own belly.
Re: Does The Bible Actually Say Christians Must Tithe? by brocab: 11:57pm On May 03, 2015
You say we all need to obey God's laws and you believe paying tithes is that law to obey?
Your understanding of Matthew 23:23 is not clear to you, you are paying your tithes, in ways' you are disobeying the word of God, you haven't followed up in word, how God wanted his own people to pay tithes back then?

Half cocked in word you haven't finish the chapter of Matthew 23, Jesus didn't have one kind word to say to the Pharisees.
And verse 23 Jesus spoke only of herbs the Pharisees tithed.
Not fast cash.

Jesus came to full fill the laws, from what was a tithe of food products, He now say's give, which can mean more or less of anything.
Jesus said: what's on your heart, give, Jesus loves a cheerful giver, the law was used as our tutor, to bring us closer to Jesus, we are not under the curse of that law no more, Jesus is our way.
Jesus is our High priest, and not one scripture you could find where Jesus had taking tithes or paid tithes, in Money, other then a tax.
Cursed is anybody who are under the law, from what was a law, Jesus gave us freewill giving..

Listen no-one is having ago at you, it takes a little training to study the word of God, Jesus says the truth will set you free.

Quote you say>Your tithe to God can never be a waste, it will be used for the House of God and the gospel?
Well those words would sound great if they were true? But we all know where your money go's, and very little is used in the kingdom of God.
enilove:
@ayoku

Re: Does The Bible Actually Say Christians Must Tithe? by skylane: 12:01am On May 04, 2015
Ifeann:

Are u an old testament Jew?. Do u also stone adulteresses. ?
what are u saying? How does old testament and adulteress concern our topic?
Re: Does The Bible Actually Say Christians Must Tithe? by Ifeann(f): 7:33am On May 04, 2015
skylane:
what are u saying? How does old testament and adulteress concern our topic?

You quoted malachi which is contained in the old testament to defend your view on tithes. I just wanted to remind u that u are a Christian and not an old testament Jew who also stoned adulteresses .
Re: Does The Bible Actually Say Christians Must Tithe? by skylane: 8:23am On May 04, 2015
Ifeann:

You quoted malachi which is contained in the old testament to defend your view on tithes. I just wanted to remind u that u are a Christian and not an old testament Jew who also stoned adulteresses .
christ came to emphasize on the laws and old practices and not to abolish dem, pls if u do not understand christainity let's stop talking abt it
Re: Does The Bible Actually Say Christians Must Tithe? by Ifeann(f): 8:46am On May 04, 2015
skylane:
christ came to emphasize on the laws and old practices and not to abolish dem, pls if u do not understand christainity let's stop talking abt it

Really, pls educate me, I wish to learn everyday. However, the majority of posters on this topic understand that tithes are for OT Jews, Christians are required to give freely. Give to charity and church.

Do u even know what Christ meant when he said he didn't come to abolish the law but to fulfil it. Christ said there are 2 commandments; worship God and love thy neighbour. What about the old testament 10 commandments.

Why do we have a New testament that ends the Old. Yes all scripture is profitable (like Paul said) but we are not bond by the old law. Old law includes stoning adultresses , do u stone adultresses. ?
Re: Does The Bible Actually Say Christians Must Tithe? by skylane: 9:44am On May 04, 2015
Ifeann:

Really, pls educate me, I wish to learn everyday. However, the majority of posters on this topic understand that tithes are for OT Jews, Christians are required to give freely. Give to charity and church.

Do u even know what Christ meant when he said he didn't come to abolish the law but to fulfil it. Christ said there are 2 commandments; worship God and love thy neighbour. What about the old testament 10 commandments.

Why do we have a New testament that ends the Old. Yes all scripture is profitable (like Paul said) but we are not bond by the old law. Old law includes stoning adultresses , do u stone adultresses. ?
and also the old law says don't kill steal and commit adultery,does dat really mean we shud do them? because paul say we are not bound by the old law? See what he meant was we shud not depend on the law for holiness 4 it achieved by the grace of God
Re: Does The Bible Actually Say Christians Must Tithe? by Ifeann(f): 10:00am On May 04, 2015
skylane:
and also the old law says don't kill steal and commit adultery,does dat really mean we shud do them? because paul say we are not bound by the old law? See what he meant was we shud not depend on the law for holiness 4 it achieved by the grace of God

Yeah I agree we shud not depend on the law for holiness. committing adultery or stealing is universally bad but the punishment has changed. I ask u again do u stone adulteresses or kill homosexuals or worship in a synagogues?

Christians are NOT bond by old law traditions which include tithes but Christians must give freely as Christ taught us in the gospels.
Re: Does The Bible Actually Say Christians Must Tithe? by skylane: 10:06am On May 04, 2015
Ifeann:

Yeah I agree we shud not depend on the law for holiness. committing adultery or stealing is universally bad but the punishment has changed. I ask u again do u stone adulteresses or kill homosexuals ?

Christians are NOT bond by old law traditions which include tithes but Christians must give freely as Christ taught us in the gospels.
well d way I understand is differnt 4rm urs so if u choose not to pay tithe fine its ur belive asfaras its also part of giving I will still give
Re: Does The Bible Actually Say Christians Must Tithe? by brocab: 2:22am On May 06, 2015
Firstly the law on tithing is not the same as freewill giving, So you either give' either from your heart to give, or you obey some old testament law that isn't scriptural any longer. You must ask yourself are you tithing that same formation God had told His people to tithe, or have you decided to follow suit with prosperity pastors, who have taken the law from God's old law system and turned it around to gain only monies.
Which one
skylane:
well d way I understand is differnt 4rm urs so if u choose not to pay tithe fine its ur belive asfaras its also part of giving I will still give
Re: Does The Bible Actually Say Christians Must Tithe? by skylane: 8:13am On May 06, 2015
brocab:
Firstly the law on tithing is not the same as freewill giving, So you either give' either from your heart to give, or you obey some old testament law that isn't scriptural any longer. You must ask yourself are you tithing that same formation God had told His people to tithe, or have you decided to follow suit with prosperity pastors, who have taken the law from God's old law system and turned it around to gain only monies.
Which one
oboy I go pay tithe o,and gv freely ill do both
Re: Does The Bible Actually Say Christians Must Tithe? by brocab: 11:16am On May 06, 2015
Then do as you wish to do, but if you are willing to do it the way Jesus said to do it, than you wouldn't react as you do.. The truth will set you free.
skylane:
oboy I go pay tithe o,and gv freely ill do both

(1) (Reply)

We Didn’t Send Mbaka To Say Rubbish – Cardinal Onaiyekan / The Composite Nature Of Man / Putting Of Chains, Necklace, Beads Will Lead You To Hell..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.