Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

My Marriage Would Have Made Me A Sad Woman – Steph Nora Okere - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / My Marriage Would Have Made Me A Sad Woman – Steph Nora Okere (1276 Views)

Steph-Nora Okere: "I Am Married To Jesus" / New Photos Of Actress Steph Nora Okere, Who Missed Her? / I Regret Clocking 40 Without Husband ”pretty Actress, Amaka Okere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Marriage Would Have Made Me A Sad Woman – Steph Nora Okere by Nobody: 6:01am On May 02, 2015
Steph Nora Okere has always hugged the limelight, not only for her talent, which is top draw, but also for her readiness to pick roles some of her colleagues wouldn’t dare. Her roles in ‘Indecent Girl’, “Angels Forever’, ‘Lagos Babes’, ‘Sharon Stone’, to mention a few, shows how well this Nollywood beauty performs. The Imo State-born actress who started acting in the 90s is wrongly perceived by many to have dropped out of sight but how wrong they are! she is ever present, working behind the scenes and looking to break into public glare again in a big way.

In this encounter, the newly elected Vice President, Screenwriters Guild of Nigeria, talks about the crisis rocking the Actors Guild of Nigeria, AGN, her crashed marriage, her romance with Jim Iyke and lots more:

here are some excerpts:

You have been away for a while. What happened?

I have been everywhere. I only reduced the numbers of films I featured in and concentrated more on soap operas. And that was for two years. I have also been working on my talk show that would soon hit television screen.

Can we say this is as a result of producers patronising younger actresses?

Not at all. Many scripts come my way. I only accept to feature in quality and challenging films. The industry is big enough to accommodate every good actor and actress. Every age has its role in movies. If I can’t take the role of a school girl, then I can take a role of a housewife. I have featured in two films this year which will soon be in the market.

You joined the industry as a spinster. Would you say this affected your love life?

I joined the industry when I was 21 and a graduate. Perhaps it did but I didn’t just notice. It’s possible a suitor was somewhere eying me but didn’t show up because of my profession. I was too engrossed in my career that I didn’t encounter one but there would have been someone like that.

After separating from Jim Iyke, you said you still loved him. Is it still the same till date?

(smiles) Is it possible to live my life away from Jim Iyke? He wasn’t the first person I dated in life.

cuts in) The first in Nollywood?

So what? I want to be mute regarding this issue. He has never talked about me anywhere. We have an understanding and I don’t want to break it again.

Do you still have crush on him?

I don’t hate him.

Your marriage to Lanre Falana did not last. Why?

I was never married but I was involved in a marriage process which got truncated along the line. Marriage begins with paying the woman’s dowry, traditional and white wedding. All these did not take place. My family didn’t support marrying a man who kept one woman in one place and plans keeping another one in another place. I attend Catholic church and the marriage process in Catholic, begins with the intended couples tendering a marriage certificate issued by a court to the church. This was the main reason we were in court in the first place.

Was it cultural differences that led to the break up?

Not at all. It was based on personal conduct and irreconcilable differences . We were not living together. We had the court marriage in July and he went abroad September. Only for him to come back like a year and half later.

Any plans of marrying again?

It has not been easy. You hardly can differentiate between a man who truly wants you as a woman because he feels for you , or one who wants to be seen with a known actress. Some men can go as far as taking a bet over you because you are a known actress. But when a good man comes around, I will settle with him. However, my Bible has not told me I can not make heaven as a single woman.

Do you feel lonely as a single woman?

How? Because I am not married? Why should I feel lonely? I have my family. I have brothers, sisters, friends and neighbours.

- See more at: http://www.africanewshub.com/news/3045831-my-marriage-would-have-made-me-a-sad-woman-steph-nora-okere

Re: My Marriage Would Have Made Me A Sad Woman – Steph Nora Okere by mhizpeaarl(f): 6:09am On May 02, 2015
Oógá o lipsrsealed
Re: My Marriage Would Have Made Me A Sad Woman – Steph Nora Okere by okosodo: 6:20am On May 02, 2015
Na lie, you dey feel lonely

(1) (Reply)

Ogun Politician, Olawale Okunniyi’s Romance With Bukky Wright Tears Marriage Apa / Lets Name One Thing Females Cant Do Without For One Week(please Take Sex Off It) / Dbanj Confirms Relationship With Bonang Matheba At #MTVMAMA2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.