Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,680 members, 7,955,512 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:01 AM

Woman Hit Venezuelan President On D Head Wit A Mango, Gets Rewarded Wit New Home - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Woman Hit Venezuelan President On D Head Wit A Mango, Gets Rewarded Wit New Home (752 Views)

Opponents Of Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro Have Set Up Roadblocks And Stag / Jammeh Of Gambia Speaks With Liberia President On Phone, Pleads On His Case / Golden Image Of Vladimir Putin (Russia President) On The Back Of An Iphone 6S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Hit Venezuelan President On D Head Wit A Mango, Gets Rewarded Wit New Home by Nobody: 6:11am On May 02, 2015
While the rest of the world relies on petitions to get in touch with elected officials, in Venezuela it appears things are done differently.

A woman recently got quick results on a housing issue after she got the president’s attention by hitting him on the head with a mango. The incident occurred last week in the state of Aragua, according to Reuters.

President Nicolas Maduro, a former bus driver, was driving a bus through a crowd when, out of nowhere, a ripe mango flew towards him, aimed straight at his head. The 52-year-old managed to dodge it but the fruit caught his. He then casually picked up the mango and displayed it to the crowd. Upon closer inspection, the mango revealed a message, “If you can, call me,” along with a name and phone number.

It was soon discovered that the mango was thrown by a woman named Marleny Olivo who had been facing housing problems for a long time. Tired of filing endless petitions with the government, she decided to adopt a more ‘direct’ approach. The trick worked. President Maduro soon discussed the incident during a live broadcast on live TV. He displayed the infamous mango and said: “She had a housing problem right? I have approved it already. As part of the Great Housing Mission of Venezuela, Marleny you will get an apartment and it will be given to you in the next few hours. Tomorrow, no later than the day after tomorrow, we will give it to you.”

Contacted by the media, Olivo said that she had no ‘evil intent’ when she threw the mango. She was only trying to fulfil her dream of owning a home before she dies.

http://www.africanewshub.com/news/3045820-woman-hits-venezuelan-president-on-the-head-with-a-mango-gets-rewarded-with-new-home

Re: Woman Hit Venezuelan President On D Head Wit A Mango, Gets Rewarded Wit New Home by mhizpeaarl(f): 6:14am On May 02, 2015
Its her lucky day.

Lol. Hu wi do that to Buhari.. grin

Reward: A resounding slap and thorough beating from his body guards. . grin
Re: Woman Hit Venezuelan President On D Head Wit A Mango, Gets Rewarded Wit New Home by kaffy4tope(m): 6:19am On May 02, 2015
Venezuela? shocked shocked

Is that a resort in Abuja or what?

Never heard of that here in Pakistan sad

1 Like

Re: Woman Hit Venezuelan President On D Head Wit A Mango, Gets Rewarded Wit New Home by rawpadgin(m): 6:29am On May 02, 2015
Ok, buhari wen are u coming to warri

cuz i am gonna hit u wit a big watermelon wit the inscription
"I need a government appointments"
Re: Woman Hit Venezuelan President On D Head Wit A Mango, Gets Rewarded Wit New Home by yuncka: 6:35am On May 02, 2015
rawpadgin:
Ok, buhari wen are u coming to warri

cuz i am gonna hit u wit a big watermelon wit the inscription
"I need a government appointments"

I think U should use a Yam tuber instead. grin
Re: Woman Hit Venezuelan President On D Head Wit A Mango, Gets Rewarded Wit New Home by olagockay(m): 6:35am On May 02, 2015
Try that in Nigeria n u'll b given an apartment in Kirikiri
Re: Woman Hit Venezuelan President On D Head Wit A Mango, Gets Rewarded Wit New Home by rawpadgin(m): 6:40am On May 02, 2015
yuncka:

I think U should use a Yam tuber instead. grin
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Woman Hit Venezuelan President On D Head Wit A Mango, Gets Rewarded Wit New Home by VhatAmazingDude: 6:59am On May 02, 2015
Risky move if you ask me.
When next he's going sightseeing, he'd better used an amoured tank.
He won't believe the barrage of fruits that'll be coming his way.
Re: Woman Hit Venezuelan President On D Head Wit A Mango, Gets Rewarded Wit New Home by nerodenero: 7:13am On May 02, 2015
Desperate desire, desperate measures.
Re: Woman Hit Venezuelan President On D Head Wit A Mango, Gets Rewarded Wit New Home by DaPhilosopher(m): 7:25am On May 02, 2015
lols!

(1) (Reply)

Franklin Graham: Islam Has Declared War Against The World / Explosion In Madina Saudi Arabia / America Twisting Reality: Good Deaths In Mosul, Bad Deaths In Aleppo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.