Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,237 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

New Job At Pacific Drilling S.A. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / New Job At Pacific Drilling S.A. (5061 Views)

Massive Ongoing Recruitment At Pacific Drilling / Massive Recruitment At Pacific Drilling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Job At Pacific Drilling S.A. by bugs1: 7:20am On May 02, 2015
Pacific Drilling Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position of Subsea Technician. Below is the full details and requirements needed:

Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
Experience: 1 year
Job Field: Engineering / Technical Oil and Gas / Energy

Job description
Position Summary

The Subsea Technician is a ‘fast track’ trainee of the Subsea Department. He or she is responsible for learning as much as possible about the subsea equipment to gain deep insight as to the various tasks and methods of the drilling vessel subsea environment. The technician will also be responsible for interacting with as many Subsea Supervisors as possible in the first year of the program.

Department / Location
Operations/ Global

Position Scope
The Subsea Technician program is intended to produce competent Subsea Supervisors from technically trained personnel in one year and on to Senior Subsea Supervisors in two years. The first year of the program is effectively full time while the second year will be (almost) equal time on and off and assigned to a drill-ship.

The first year will be broken into four stages, the first of which will have the Technicians assigned to the Subsea Superintendents, the second stage will have the Technician assigned to one of our drill-ships.
The third stage will be assigned to a different drill-ship (probably in a different country) and the fourth stage will have the Technician assigned to shadow the Subsea Superintendents again.

During this first year there will be many training courses to attend and during both years there will be many assignments to complete and reports to write.

The technicians will be evaluated and tested after each stage. A failure of any evaluation, an assignment or of the written test will prevent graduation. We will, however allow one opportunity only to correct such a failure.

Reporting Relationships
Direct Manager/Supervisor – The Subsea Technician will report to his (her) mentor on a daily basis.
Functional Manager/Supervisor – The Subsea Technician will ultimately report to the Director of Operational Excellence.

Supervisory Relationships
None. This is a training function.

Work Environment
Rig, office, classroom and factory.

Desired Skills and Experience

The Subsea Technician is required to have:
• A sound knowledge of hydraulic systems, with either mechanical or electrical related experience.
• A technical education with a degree, a diploma or equivalent.
• At least one year of supervisory experience (even if there was only one subordinate).
• Worked a rotating schedule, with long periods away from home, preferably on foreign assignments.
• The ability and willingness to perform self-study.
• A sound knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
• The ability to read drawings and schematics.
• Be able to collect and process information required for the assignments.
• The capability to write detailed, though concise, technical reports.
• Always promote Pacific Drilling in a positive manner.
• Display continual loyalty to Pacific Drilling.
• Customer focus.
• An enthusiastic, self-driven and dynamic pro-active attitude.
• Adaptability.
• Priority Setting.
• Problem Solving.
• Attention to details.
• Strong organizational commitment.
• Written and oral communication skills.

Click link to apply
http://monitor9ja.com/2015/05/new-job-at-pacific-drilling-s-a/
Re: New Job At Pacific Drilling S.A. by TDultimate(m): 1:23am On Jun 04, 2015
Hello house,
I actually applied for this...
Any information, as to if anyone has been invited?
Re: New Job At Pacific Drilling S.A. by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 10, 2015
TDultimate:
Hello house,
I actually applied for this...
Any information, as to if anyone has been invited?
TDultimate
I also did apply for the position and haven't got any feedback. Please let me know the minute you get a response from the company. Thanks
Re: New Job At Pacific Drilling S.A. by haroldflexy(m): 7:04pm On Jun 10, 2015
Discover how you can begin a legitimate online business that pumps cash to your bank account daily. Here is a onetime chance to lay hands on the best reports that has helped me and my other subscribers earn income online! If you desire to succeed, then tag alone with thousands already enjoying this. Visit here to get started immediately www.infobiznaija.com/harold

If you desire to become wealthy, you must be in business for yourself
– Gary C. Halbert

If you have not heard about it, click the link below to join in now and get more detailed info. Go here www.infobiznaija.com/harold

No Business premises, No Computer Knowledge, No Huge Capital Setup!!!!
Re: New Job At Pacific Drilling S.A. by Rebog01(f): 7:45pm On Jun 10, 2015
edjenyo:
TDultimate
I also did apply for the position and haven't got any feedback. Please let me know the minute you get a response from the company. Thanks
please like how much do they pay their Engineers?
Re: New Job At Pacific Drilling S.A. by TDultimate(m): 8:39pm On Jun 11, 2015
edjenyo:
TDultimate
I`ll do just that as soon as I hear anything. you can also check your application summary in the website and click 'YOUR APPLICATION' to track the application. For now, mine is still showing 'We are currently reviewing all application. ' Ill let u know if there`s any other info
Re: New Job At Pacific Drilling S.A. by TDultimate(m): 8:41pm On Jun 11, 2015
Rebog01:
please like how much do they pay their Engineers?
I cant really say but I know its a big company.
Did u apply?
Re: New Job At Pacific Drilling S.A. by haroldflexy(m): 8:31pm On Jun 12, 2015
Sup Guys.... I sincerely hate being selfish. Thought i should share this. Check it out. Be the First!! Thank me later!!

Discover how you can begin a legitimate online business that pumps cash to your bank account daily. Here is a onetime chance to lay hands on the best reports that has helped me and my other subscribers earn income online! If you desire to succeed, then tag alone with thousands already enjoying this. Visit here to get started immediately www.infobiznaija.com/harold

If you desire to become wealthy, you must be in business for yourself
– Gary C. Halbert

If you have not heard about it, click the link below to join in now and get more detailed info. Go here[b][url] www.infobiznaija.com/harold[/url]
[/b]

No Business premises, No Computer Knowledge, No Huge Capital Setup!!!!
Re: New Job At Pacific Drilling S.A. by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 15, 2015
TDultimate:

I`ll do just that as soon as I hear anything. you can also check your application summary in the website and click 'YOUR APPLICATION' to track the application. For now, mine is still showing 'We are currently reviewing all application. ' Ill let u know if there`s any other info
@TDultimate

Thanks for your quick response. So was my application status reading on their website until lately. I get an error message "page not available" when i try to view my application.
Could u pls confirm with your applicant account if you can still view your status or not?

Thanks

@Rebog01

I dont have that info but i can assure you they pay well.
Re: New Job At Pacific Drilling S.A. by TDultimate(m): 4:34am On Jun 16, 2015
edjenyo:

@TDultimate

Thanks for your quick response. So was my application status reading on their website until lately. I get an error message "page not available" when i try to view my application.
Could u pls confirm with your applicant account if you can still view your status or not?

Thanks

Mine is also saying same. lets hope they are working to change this status cos this is exactly 1 month now since the application closed.
Are u mechanical or electrical. And do you have good knowledge or experience on hydraulics? do u have any information you can help me with and what exactly do you think they are looking for.
Re: New Job At Pacific Drilling S.A. by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 16, 2015
TDultimate:

Mine is also saying same. lets hope they are working to change this status cos this is exactly 1 month now since the application closed.
Are u mechanical or electrical. And do you have good knowledge or experience on hydraulics? do u have any information you can help me with and what exactly do you think they are looking for.

Yes, we remain full of optimism. Being a Mechanical degree holder, I believe I have a good knowledge of hydraulics. Much as I know, the Job description only required good hydraulic knowledge and at least one year supervisory role experience and not work experience on hydraulics. Though such experience could be a plus.

At this stage, If we ever get invited for interview, surely, it must be a behavioural and not technical. In effect, I would advice you familiarise yourself with common behavioural interview questions. Afterwards you can expect hydraulic based questions.
First interview from what i v gathered will be via a phone call.
I can only hope my views are helpful. I would appreciate any info you can provide as well.

Best of Luck!!

May I ask you as well about your field and experience as related to the job position?
Re: New Job At Pacific Drilling S.A. by TDultimate(m): 9:00pm On Jun 16, 2015
edjenyo:

Yes, we remain full of optimism. Being a Mechanical degree holder, I believe I have a good knowledge of hydraulics. Much as I know, the Job description only required good hydraulic knowledge and at least one year supervisory role experience and not work experience on hydraulics. Though such experience could be a plus.

At this stage, If we ever get invited for interview, surely, it must be a behavioural and not technical. In effect, I would advice you familiarise yourself with common behavioural interview questions. Afterwards you can expect hydraulic based questions.
First interview from what i v gathered will be via a phone call.
I can only hope my views are helpful. I would appreciate any info you can provide as well.

Best of Luck!!

May I ask you as well about your field and experience as related to the job position?

im also a mechanical engr degree holder. and i completely agree with you that d 1st interview wouldnt b technical infact it will b from a hr personel and would b behavioral as u have said. i also would advice u to expect leadership question too, conflict resolution etc. because its a supervisory role. Also would like you to expect d call dis week, nextweek or d nearest future, so preparations should b intensified. A coment i read online indicated that thier recruitment process takes about 2months. so just expect it.

In addition, ill like to ask if u can give an example of a behavioral question.
Re: New Job At Pacific Drilling S.A. by dannypalatino(m): 12:13am On Jun 17, 2015
Pls send me any material on behavourial question sample@ dannypalatino@gmail.com
Re: New Job At Pacific Drilling S.A. by TDultimate(m): 5:37pm On Jun 17, 2015
dannypalatino:
Pls send me any material on behavourial question sample@ dannypalatino@gmail.com
I don't really have any material I just do research over the internet for preparation. u could search the internet too. For everything u seek is just a google sentence away. that's what I am doing.

1 Like

Re: New Job At Pacific Drilling S.A. by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jun 19, 2015
TDultimate:

im also a mechanical engr degree holder. and i completely agree with you that d 1st interview wouldnt b technical infact it will b from a hr personel and would b behavioral as u have said. i also would advice u to expect leadership question too, conflict resolution etc. because its a supervisory role. Also would like you to expect d call dis week, nextweek or d nearest future, so preparations should b intensified. A coment i read online indicated that thier recruitment process takes about 2months. so just expect it.

In addition, ill like to ask if u can give an example of a behavioral question.

Ok. Based on my experience, Usually they start off with "Tell me about yourself". Then questions like tell me about a time you led a team., how you used your technical skills, your strength and weaknesses.
Someone who sometime had interview with the coy indicated the questions were not really hard but kinda tedious. Sometimes, phone interviews could be more daunting as i have had one before but I can tell you if u do your homework well you may not be able to answer all questions satisfactorily but you would do dominantly well. No Interviewer expects you to answer all questions well

Meanwhile, Status still reads "reviewing all applications". Pls convey any update and results as you have them.

Goodluck!!

1 Like

Re: New Job At Pacific Drilling S.A. by TDultimate(m): 8:58pm On Jun 22, 2015
edjenyo:

Ok. Based on my experience, Usually they start off with "Tell me about yourself". Then questions like tell me about a time you led a team., how you used your technical skills, your strength and weaknesses.
Someone who sometime had interview with the coy indicated the questions were not really hard but kinda tedious. Sometimes, phone interviews could be more daunting as i have had one before but I can tell you if u do your homework well you may not be able to answer all questions satisfactorily but you would do dominantly well. No Interviewer expects you to answer all questions well

Meanwhile, Status still reads "reviewing all applications". Pls convey any update and results as you have them.

Goodluck!!
Thanks for the information, @edjenyo, If I may ask, have you done interview with pacific drilling? Also, I assume you applied for this too. what`s your discipline? Are you mechanical or electrical? I also appreciate your comment.
Re: New Job At Pacific Drilling S.A. by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 23, 2015
TDultimate:

Thanks for the information, @edjenyo, If I may ask, have you done interview with pacific drilling? Also, I assume you applied for this too. what`s your discipline? Are you mechanical or electrical? I also appreciate your comment.

I'm a Mechanical Engr degree holder and I also applied for the position. I had sometime done interview with their close competitor but not Pacific drilling. I suppose the interview dimension should be similar.
Any update you wish to share would be appreciated.

Thanks TDultimate.
Re: New Job At Pacific Drilling S.A. by TDultimate(m): 9:58am On Jun 25, 2015
edjenyo:

I'm a Mechanical Engr degree holder and I also applied for the position. I had sometime done interview with their close competitor but not Pacific drilling. I suppose the interview dimension should be similar.
Any update you wish to share would be appreciated.

Thanks TDultimate.

OK. Is it sea drill? how many interviews did you do with them and what position were u interviewed for and do have you had prior experience with drilling? also it seems these drilling company do not do aptitude test?
Re: New Job At Pacific Drilling S.A. by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 25, 2015
TDultimate:

OK. Is it sea drill? how many interviews did you do with them and what position were u interviewed for and do have you had prior experience with drilling? also it seems these drilling company do not do aptitude test?
Yes Seadrill, two interviews. First was a non technical (face to face interview), second was a technical (telephone interview). But after d non technical interview, I had a SHL assessment (CBT).
Interviewed for the Management trainee program.
I do not have any industry experience on drilling.
As to your last question, please note that recruitment process varies among employers. Most companies usually indicate the process on their websites. As for Seadrill, an aptitude test is involved while pacific drilling doesn't as clearly highlighted on their websites.

I hope my answers come in useful.

Meanwhile pls ensure you communicate any status update. Thanks.

Good Luck TDultimate
Re: New Job At Pacific Drilling S.A. by Jagabanthelion: 6:57am On Jun 26, 2015
edjenyo:

Yes Seadrill, two interviews. First was a non technical (face to face interview), second was a technical (telephone interview). But after d non technical interview, I had a SHL assessment (CBT).
Interviewed for the Management trainee program.
I do not have any industry experience on drilling.
As to your last question, please note that recruitment process varies among employers. Most companies usually indicate the process on their websites. As for Seadrill, an aptitude test is involved while pacific drilling doesn't as clearly highlighted on their websites.

I hope my answers come in useful.

Meanwhile pls ensure you communicate any status update. Thanks.

Good Luck TDultimate

Bros,abeg how did u apply for the seadrill management trainee opening? Seadrill is one company I have been trying to track,but to no avail. I have even visited the company,in search for recruitment info but all to no avail. Their job adverts seem coded too. Pls if its a website,email or particular recruitment agency that handles their recruitment,pls help a brother with such info.
Re: New Job At Pacific Drilling S.A. by dukum: 9:56pm On Dec 23, 2015
Hi guys,pls i applied too for this position and as i speak my status still shows:currently reviewing all applications,its well over 6months now.i wld like to know if its the same for you guys.i recently applied for a new position in early dec and my status for that app has changed to: no longer under consideration,the whole thing dey confuse me,abi dem bone recruitment for the subsea tech role?
Re: New Job At Pacific Drilling S.A. by dukum: 5:09am On Jan 26, 2016
HELLO AGAIN!where all of una go?
Re: New Job At Pacific Drilling S.A. by Xplicit007: 7:45am On Jan 26, 2016
Is the position still opening?
Re: New Job At Pacific Drilling S.A. by dukum: 10:49pm On Jan 26, 2016
Xplicit007:
Is the position still opening?

Nope its not.
Re: New Job At Pacific Drilling S.A. by ycoxyng: 5:37am On Jan 27, 2016
They are not recruiting at any moment for now. They just want to fulfil/comply with some certain regulatory requirements. The drop in oil price is seriously affecting their business.

(1) (Reply)

20 Businesses You Can Do That can Generate You 10k Every Single Day / When is Nigeria Custom Recruiting? / I Dislike My High-paying Job. What Do I Do Please?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.