Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa (44844 Views)

Gorgeous Urhobo Bride From Niger Delta / Some Igbo/yoruba Word Used In Urhobo/Isoko Language / Interesting Facts About The Urhobo People Of Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by iscom(m): 9:27pm On May 02, 2015
Thanks @op. A good job well done. I'm surprised to see ofoni here, So i'm very happy. Though i have done similar work in another site. Yes we are the only urhobos in bayelsa state, but we are doing well especially in politics and the governor loves us very well. Just posting from the community.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by icedbreez(m): 9:27pm On May 02, 2015
Ofoni has thirty thousand people, re u high? Stop taking whatever ur taking.
Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by iscom(m): 9:42pm On May 02, 2015
s3nn2x:

I dey tell you. I stayed in Manager's house. Close to the Primary school. Can't forget his son called Andrew A.K.A. 'Had I known, I for no go Lagos' grin grin grin
yes you really stayed,meaning you may know otobo, Churchill, and Philip Andrew brother. Then which girl you do?
Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by s3nn2x(m): 9:46pm On May 02, 2015
iscom:
yes you really stayed,meaning you may know otobo, Churchill, and Philip Andrew brother. Then which girl you do?
Lol. I know Philip and Rollins. I no do any girl. Na preach I just dey preach to them. Were you amongst the stubborn students?
Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 02, 2015
illiad:

Lol!
Bitter fellows!
Just content yourself to your little portion of land in Delta. Don't go claiming some lands in Bayelsa. That's exactly all the cure you all needed for your land grabbing disorder.

Greedy loathsome fellows!

@ literarymathy leave d fool, people they talk Igbo 1 talk.... lolz. hungry fellows, add all Igbo land together not richer than Ughelli, landlock areas, and una go dey boast, I don die, omokiniovo pass me tat Wine make I take cool my temper

Who be Igbo ?, cum nor play reach our line Ooo, we go kill una race, mtchwwwwwww poor, parasite tribe, make dey boast say na dem dey feed naija, Ijaw, itskeri , Urhobo never feet boast of our good Given resources na Igbo abi na coal ?

Hahaha, we pass una go compete with Yoruba, omokiniovo oyA com take this bottle from my table ,

cum claim SS as Biafra na, we go bomb ur life, hopeless Igbo
#u don't insult Urhobo where I am

Imo URHOBO wadoooo., Ofoni wadooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by iscom(m): 9:51pm On May 02, 2015
icedbreez:
Ofoni has thirty thousand people, re u high? Stop taking whatever ur taking.
Ofoni was the most populous and biggest community in bayelsa state.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by illiad: 10:01pm On May 02, 2015
literarymathy:

Who your message is directed at is not even an Urhobo. However, unlike you, he is not ethnically prejucial.

Neither am I ethnically prejudiced as I have shown in previous instance.
But your people's disdain for fellow Nigerians have come to my notice and thus I have taken it upon myself to put you all in your places.

I have friends all over the tribes. In fact I have more friends from outside my tribe. Because I don't make friends by tribe. So my recent discovery shocked me to the marrows.

So its nothing personal, don't think I hate you or your people. I just hate your mentality.
Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by iscom(m): 10:03pm On May 02, 2015
s3nn2x:

Lol. I know Philip and Rollins. I no do any girl. Na preach I just dey preach to them. Were you amongst the stubborn students?
I was not in ofoni 2010/2011, but i live close to manager house.
Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by illiad: 10:16pm On May 02, 2015
OgagaMic:

@ literarymathy leave d fool, people they talk Igbo 1 talk.... lolz. hungry fellows, add all Igbo land together not richer than Ughelli, landlock areas, and una go dey boast, I don die, omokiniovo pass me tat Wine make I take cool my temper

Who be Igbo ?, cum nor play reach our line Ooo, we go kill una race, mtchwwwwwww poor, parasite tribe, make dey boast say na dem dey feed naija, Ijaw, itskeri , Urhobo never feet boast of our good Given resources na Igbo abi na coal ?

Hahaha, we pass una go compete with Yoruba, omokiniovo oyA com take this bottle from my table ,

Lol!
Look at a Sobo talking.
A people with neither history nor lineage, a group of bats that are neither there nor here. You're a pathetic lazy lot, who do nothing but inebriate daily in abysmal liquor and abject oafishness.

Your little space between Aniomas and Itshekiris should content your mendacious selves.

Sobos, a very disgusting people.

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by s3nn2x(m): 10:22pm On May 02, 2015
iscom:
I was not in ofoni 2010/2011, but i live close to manager house.
That's cool
Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 02, 2015
illiad:

Lol!
Look at a Sobo talking.
A people with neither history nor lineage, a group of bats that are neither there nor here. You're a pathetic lazy lot, who do nothing but inebriate daily in abysmal liquor and abject oafishness.

Your little space between Aniomas and Itshekiris should content your mendacious selves.

Sobos, a very disgusting people.

oh Really, pls don't add itskeri to this issue, u Igbo man.

what's in ur anioma land ?, bushes, trees, villages na we 1 claim, if people dey talk Igbo nor suppose talk, u know tat, stop diverting from d issue on ground.

have we ever claimed ur land ?, y u so bitter, or re jealous 86% of anioma re thick villages y 70% of our land re town and city, lolz I see, bros a beg stop d 8 cous u go sick

people dey talk Igbo 1 talk,, jst go shade ur tins for tat store 4 lagos

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by iscom(m): 11:07pm On May 02, 2015
s3nn2x:
Why didn't I think of creating this topic. I served in Ofoni and it was horrible around 2010/2011. No GSM network or even electricity. There was no access road to the community. The only way you can access the place was through Odurubu in Delta state, and the road there was in a very bad state. To withdraw money was a long journey. The students did not really care about school because they knew that they were going to pay money to the school for WAEC and NECO, and the school was going to solve the questions for them.

I remember when the students wanted to beat a corper up, that all the corpers had a meeting and left the village because their lives were not safe. It took 30 days before we returned.

I heard they now have a link road to Angalabiri, which means you can use car to go to Sagbama instead of using boat. I also know that there is network there now because I still chat with my former students.

I miss plantain, fish and banana.

Did I mention that the girls and guys were promiscuous. As in, you will see a girl of 12, already pregnant. When you ask them why they don't use condom, they'd say 'condom no sweet joor', when you tell them about HIV/AIDS they'd tell you that 'HIV no fit enter Ofoni'. Mehn, the place was somehow sha. If you are sexually active, you are surely going to enjoy the place. It seems like the girls were into corpers and strangers from the city.
That was the past. No more writing on the board during waec, street lights everywhere now, You can't do it without cap now. it's a very beautiful place to be. Come follow us enjoy.
Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by Lucky4real28(m): 11:16pm On May 02, 2015
This is very educative, I never knew we have urhobos from bayelsa..nice one OP...urhobo and proud.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by Alezy(m): 11:19pm On May 02, 2015
midasbliss:
Yeah...
wow, so u speak urhobo? hnmm. doo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by iscom(m): 11:28pm On May 02, 2015
s3nn2x:
Why didn't I think of creating this topic. I served in Ofoni and it was horrible around 2010/2011. No GSM network or even electricity. There was no access road to the community. The only way you can access the place was through Odurubu in Delta state, and the road there was in a very bad state. To withdraw money was a long journey. The students did not really care about school because they knew that they were going to pay money to the school for WAEC and NECO, and the school was going to solve the questions for them.

I remember when the students wanted to beat a corper up, that all the corpers had a meeting and left the village because their lives were not safe. It took 30 days before we returned.

I heard they now have a link road to Angalabiri, which means you can use car to go to Sagbama instead of using boat. I also know that there is network there now because I still chat with my former students.

I miss plantain, fish and banana.

Did I mention that the girls and guys were promiscuous. As in, you will see a girl of 12, already pregnant. When you ask them why they don't use condom, they'd say 'condom no sweet joor', when you tell them about HIV/AIDS they'd tell you that 'HIV no fit enter Ofoni'. Mehn, the place was somehow sha. If you are sexually active, you are surely going to enjoy the place. It seems like the girls were into corpers and strangers from the city.
That was the past. No more writing on the board during waec, street lights everywhere now, You can't do it without cap now. it's a very beautiful place to be. Come follow us enjoy. Q
Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by illiad: 11:46pm On May 02, 2015
OgagaMic:

oh Really, pls don't add itskeri to this issue, u Igbo man.

what's in ur anioma land ?, bushes, trees, villages na we 1 claim, if people dey talk Igbo nor suppose talk, u know tat, stop diverting from d issue on ground.

have we ever claimed ur land ?, y u so bitter, or re jealous 86% of anioma re thick villages y 70% of our land re town and city, lolz I see, bros a beg stop d 8 cous u go sick

people dey talk Igbo 1 talk,, jst go shade ur tins for tat store 4 lagos

So long as your mendicant Sobo tribe content its lazy self to that little portion of land that is yours in delta state (which of course does not include WARRI), then case closed as I would have nothing to do with a disdainful lot as yours. But any attempt to outstep your boundaries to claim a piece of land in Bayelsa state would be met with such hostility as capable of encapsulating your minute tribe.
Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by BlissB(f): 1:36am On May 03, 2015
Freemanan:

Well well! I for one, I don't handle mental issues but I can make an exception since the patient at hand is a dear one to me! On a professional note, he needs a psychological session of at leat 10hours daily without break! Now down to normal level, Illiad just needs friendship! Friendship of an Urhobo man precisely so Mr Marthy do him the honours or should I?

What a choice of name he made! How I wish he could make such a choice of thought we wouldn't be having this session. #Tragic
Murdered

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by tonychristopher: 6:07am On May 03, 2015
OgagaMic:

what

Sobo cursed people ..the land is rich the people is poor

Igbo land is poor but igbo are rich

Why are minorities like sobo and ijaw stupid and confused ...I specially detest sobo people of urhobo and isoko ..such a bunch of kaikai drinking lowlife

1 Like

Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by nairaman66(m): 6:43am On May 03, 2015
illiad:

if your father wasn't so miserable, he would have thought you the art of respect.

SOBOS, very miserable haters and pathetic re'tards.

Your father is a great lier that's how you perfect the art of spinning and brandishing lies against other ethnic entities! LIEON dude..

GoLier

1 Like

Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by nairaman66(m): 6:49am On May 03, 2015
illiad:
Urhobo Or Sobo, very bitter people! They're very Jealous of Asaba wishing they could move the capital of Delta State, and probably convert Anioma to Sobo.

I detest these lot, sobos.

Dude, you are so delusional! You need a fix at Yaba left.. Or maybe go take a walk to ease your stress about the Urhobos!

1 Like

Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by nairaman66(m): 6:52am On May 03, 2015
tonychristopher:
what

Why are minorities like sobo and ijaw stupid and confused ...I specially detest sobo people of urhobo and isoko ..such a bunch of kaikai drinking lowlife

The Urhobos are well meaning Nigerians who had, had their fair share in terms of successes, politics and development like every other ethnic groups. We are very educated and business minded people. We have big names like the Ibrus's, Ogboru's etc..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by jared007: 7:08am On May 03, 2015
illiad:

So long as your mendicant Sobo tribe content its lazy self to that little portion of land that is yours in delta state (which of course does not include WARRI), then case closed as I would have nothing to do with a disdainful lot as yours. But any attempt to outstep your boundaries to claim a piece of land in Bayelsa state would be met with such hostility as capable of encapsulating your minute tribe.
From ur use of the derogatory word "sobo" I believe u are more of itsekiri by tribe than ibo. U sound so bitter with envy.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by jared007: 7:16am On May 03, 2015
tonychristopher:
what

another bitter and envious ibo man or is it itsekiri? U hate urhobo yet u are quick to comment on any thread that has to do with urhobo. THAT'S A SIGN OF ENVY BROS.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by Nobody: 7:58am On May 03, 2015
illiad:

parasites Igbo
ogA omokiniovo pass me tat wine make I reply these jobless Igbos

Where is warr?, wat is warri, u 1 create enemity btw we and our itsekiri brothers, lolz, na wa Ooo, u say Urhobo nor get land 4 warri ,

Lol, any itsekiri in d house a beg help me correct this man, pooor Igbo people

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by Nobody: 10:04am On May 03, 2015
illiad:

Funny Enough, I have housed an Urhobo man for many years in two different houses I lived. That tells you who I am.

Now to the issue!
Pls there's an urgent need to gather all world best Shrinks to help in curing you Sobos of your Abject Miserableness leading to hate, land grabbing disorder, innate jealousy and pathological laziness.

You don't wanna do this mate! Trust me!

Cc: literarymathy

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by s3nn2x(m): 11:43am On May 03, 2015
iscom:
That was the past. No more writing on the board during waec, street lights everywhere now, You can't do it without cap now. it's a very beautiful place to be. Come follow us enjoy. Q
I pray oooo...i will visit one day, I just pray that dem no go kidnap me sha.
Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by jared007: 12:22pm On May 03, 2015
iscom:
bros is there hotel or a guest house in ofoni where I can lodge for at least 4 days to carry out a study on the community becos I don't know anybody there
Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 03, 2015
jared007:
bros is there hotel or a guest house in ofoni where I can lodge for at least 4 days to carry out a study on the community becos I don't know anybody there
Let's go together please smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by tonychristopher: 1:43pm On May 03, 2015
jared007:
another bitter and envious ibo man or is it itsekiri? U hate urhobo yet u are quick to comment on any thread that has to do with urhobo. THAT'S A SIGN OF ENVY BROS.

Why should I envy you
Tell Me
Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by tonychristopher: 1:47pm On May 03, 2015
OgagaMic:

parasites Igbo
ogA omokiniovo pass me tat wine make I reply these jobless Igbos

Where is warr?, wat is warri, u 1 create enemity btw we and our itsekiri brothers, lolz, na wa Ooo, u say Urhobo nor Iget land 4 warri ,

Lol, any itsekiri in d house a beg help me correct this man, pooor Igbo people

Olu of warri its itshekiri not urhobo and warri is dominion of olu n
Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by iscom(m): 2:09pm On May 03, 2015
jared007:
Big yes. Kelvin hotel is available for you.
Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by illiad: 2:45pm On May 03, 2015
Freemanan:

You don't wanna do this mate! Trust me!
Cc: literarymathy
On the contrary, I do.
So bring your whole crew!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I "missed You" In Igbo Language! / Caribbean Indigenes Speak Igbo & Yoruba Languages / Emir Sanusi And His White Rolls Royce At The Commissioning Of Olam Feed Mill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.