Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,140 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa (44707 Views)

Gorgeous Urhobo Bride From Niger Delta / Some Igbo/yoruba Word Used In Urhobo/Isoko Language / Interesting Facts About The Urhobo People Of Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by illiad: 5:24pm On May 02, 2015
Urhobo Or Sobo, very bitter people! They're very Jealous of Asaba wishing they could move the capital of Delta State, and probably convert Anioma to Sobo.

I detest these lot, sobos.
Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by abraka00(f): 5:29pm On May 02, 2015
ojeota:
Hmmm....I never knew that there are urhobos in bayelsa. This means urhobo are present in two states. Good to know. Would love to visit someday.

Urhobo Wado!!!
The comissioner for works is Eghwrujakpr,an urhobo man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by illiad: 5:33pm On May 02, 2015
Deltagiant:
It's good to know and recognise these diversities in every state even though some petty minded people would take exception to this sort of story if the people were to be Igbo speaking. Then it would become Igbo "land grabbing" or "expansionism".

Abuetor, Eke Okpokiri and Osekwenike are native Igbo speaking communities of Bayelsa. The last time it was mentioned, some idi;ots would take none of that.

Thanks Op

It is this same Sobos that are now claiming Bayelsa land that would come here with yorubas to say Igbos are only those in the south east when almost half of delta state are indigenous Igbo inhabitants which are also found in almost all states in the south south.

they're really disgusting these sobos and fake ass yorubbish people
Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by s3nn2x(m): 5:33pm On May 02, 2015
Why didn't I think of creating this topic. I served in Ofoni and it was horrible around 2010/2011. No GSM network or even electricity. There was no access road to the community. The only way you can access the place was through Odurubu in Delta state, and the road there was in a very bad state. To withdraw money was a long journey. The students did not really care about school because they knew that they were going to pay money to the school for WAEC and NECO, and the school was going to solve the questions for them.

I remember when the students wanted to beat a corper up, that all the corpers had a meeting and left the village because their lives were not safe. It took 30 days before we returned.

I heard they now have a link road to Angalabiri, which means you can use car to go to Sagbama instead of using boat. I also know that there is network there now because I still chat with my former students.

I miss plantain, fish and banana.

Did I mention that the girls and guys were promiscuous. As in, you will see a girl of 12, already pregnant. When you ask them why they don't use condom, they'd say 'condom no sweet joor', when you tell them about HIV/AIDS they'd tell you that 'HIV no fit enter Ofoni'. Mehn, the place was somehow sha. If you are sexually active, you are surely going to enjoy the place. It seems like the girls were into corpers and strangers from the city.
Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by nairaman66(m): 5:35pm On May 02, 2015
literarymathy:
I've been researching for quite a while about the Urhobos of bayelsa to no luck. Thank you OP for opening this thread. I'm aware that the current commissioner for works in Bayelsa is an Ofoni man. We are ably represented.

Urhobo Wadooooooo

This is FP material @Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Seun, Obinoscopy

Modified :
Thanks @Mods

Eeeeeh!!
Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by jared007: 5:41pm On May 02, 2015
Good job OP I remember mentioning Ofoni recently. Ofoni and Odorubu communities in Bayelsa and Patani respectively are blood descendands of the Great Ughelli Kingdom.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 02, 2015
illiad:
Urhobo Or Sobo, very bitter people! They're very Jealous of Asaba wishing they could move the capital of Delta State, and probably convert Anioma to Sobo.

fool mind ur tongue, wenti we 1 use aSaba do ?, combine all ur anioma land together its Not even richer than Uvwie In Urhobo

Mind what u say, av u been to warri ?, ughelle, sapele ?, Osubi, bitch saying trash, wenti we 1 use landlock area do, u re nt our type we never follow itskeri or ijaw compete finish na una, wenti una get ?, apart from aSaba, mtchwwwwwww, we gat refinery, 2 uni, 1 federal 1 state, all d major city in delta re located In Urhobo land, people 1 talk anioma still 1 talk... lolz na wa

Fooioooool we hate u toooo......

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by Nobody: 5:47pm On May 02, 2015
illiad:

It is this same Sobos that are now claiming Bayelsa land that would come here with yorubas to say Igbos are only those in the south east when almost half of delta state are indigenous Igbo inhabitants which are also found in almost all states in the south south.

Chai! So much hatred. Are you a Christian? If you say no, I'd understand your hate but if yes then you need to learn more about the faith and give up the hate.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 02, 2015
illiad:

fool I know it, Igbo fool, Igbo have half of delta ?

Lol, na wa Ooo, una nor go stop this claim claim, abeg we nor need Igbo in this thread na Urhobo thread fool

So delta North na half of Delta ?, wat of Isoko, Itsekiri, Ijaw , And us

a beg park well, Igbo man, we can never form alliance gat tat into u think skull, Igbos in SS ain't up to 30% so stop this ur attachment as if without Us una nor feet survive

like I earlier said I don't need Igbo fools here, its created for my Urhobo people

1 Like

Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 02, 2015
literarymathy:

Chai! So much hatred. Are you a Christian? If you say no, I'd understand your hate but if yes then you need to learn more about the faith and give up the hate.

bros a beg leave tat guy, na Igbo fool maybe ABIA, Way to claim na dem dey find, bcous Urhobo say No to Ojukwu dem jst dey 8 us

As if any Igbo land rich reach any of our land

parasites

1 Like

Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 02, 2015
literarymathy:

Ouch
Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by nairaman66(m): 6:14pm On May 02, 2015
illiad:

If your father had told you the politics how the capital got to Asaba then you would see reasons with them.

Sometimes you need to ground yourself with information before spewing trash on public forums. Just an advice!

1 Like

Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by Ababadada: 6:15pm On May 02, 2015
I do hear both Urhobo and Isoko languages in Radio Bayelsa. I thought they are the one in Delta State. Am Happy that! Am Ijaw in Nembe LGA of Bayelsa State.

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by UnknownT: 6:30pm On May 02, 2015
pnieeventures:

Pls I will like to know more about the ayakeremo pple of bayelsa because am a yoruba in a relationship with one of there men and he has proposed.i will like to know the good,bad and ugly before I venture into the everlasting business of marriage
Served in Delta and one of the teachers who was my neighbor then is married to an Ayakeremo/Burutu man (yea, u will always hear them say I am Igbo/Ijaw, Ijaw/Urhobo, Ijaw/Isoko etc). Like your typical Ijaw man, the man has like 4 wives( and each of the wives live separately) so some days he would come around to stay and sleep with the teacher(his wife). So that is what I know about an Ayakeremo man, hope it helps grin
Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by doskyval(m): 6:46pm On May 02, 2015
From what i undastood frm d op's write up, ofoni ought 2 hav been in delta bt because ๑ƒ d terine, surrronded by water D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣ now stays peacefully on d peninsulla! Urhobo wadooo, meanwhile migue! grin

1 Like

Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by ochuski(m): 7:03pm On May 02, 2015
Wow! Am happy to see this. Am a proud ofoni man. Tanx to whoever posted this

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by lovepraise(f): 7:07pm On May 02, 2015
Its true I have encountert one here in lagos bfore and I was doubting him when he told me he is urhobo from bayelsa state I only tot its in edo we hv brothers

1 Like

Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by Nobody: 7:17pm On May 02, 2015
ochuski:
Wow! Am happy to see this. Am a proud ofoni man. Tanx to whoever posted this

Ochuko mavor ?
Proudly Urhobo, God bless my Ofoni people, am from delta pls tell me more abt ur peepz over dere

1 Like

Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by illiad: 7:44pm On May 02, 2015
nairaman66:

If your father had told you the politics how the capital got to Asaba then you would see reasons with them.

Sometimes you need to ground yourself with information before spewing trash on public forums. Just an advice!

if your father wasn't so miserable, he would have thought you the art of respect.

SOBOS, very miserable haters and pathetic re'tards.
Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by illiad: 7:50pm On May 02, 2015
OgagaMic:

bros a beg leave tat guy, na Igbo fool maybe ABIA, Way to claim na dem dey find, bcous Urhobo say No to Ojukwu dem jst dey 8 us

As if any Igbo land rich reach any of our land

parasites

What are Sobos known for?
A people without history or lineage.
A miserable lazy lot, who has nothing to offer their fellows than abject hate and jealousy. People who are neither here nor there!

Pathetic lot, these Sobos!
Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 02, 2015
illiad:

What are Sobos known for?
A people without history or lineage.
A miserable lazy lot, who has nothing to offer their fellows than abject hate and jealousy. People who are neither here nor there!

Pathetic lot, these Sobos!

I just don't get it? this your erratically disturbing behavior towards the Urhobos. Maybe I should psychoanalyse you;

Did you have a rough childhood?
Were you molested by your Uncle or parents?
Did you have any sexual fantasies towards your sisters or mom? Maybe it's an Oedipal complex.
Were you a social pariah in school?
Or were you bullied by better looking and more intelligent dudes?
Are you xenophobic because you were raped by an Urhobo man when you were in Ogwashiuku prison?
Or are you simply tormented by the evils you did yourself?

Please Freemanan take over the analysis from here, this guy needs a stronger hand.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by illiad: 8:12pm On May 02, 2015
OgagaMic:

fool I know it, Igbo fool, Igbo have half of delta ?

Lol, na wa Ooo, una nor go stop this claim claim, abeg we nor need Igbo in this thread na Urhobo thread fool

So delta North na half of Delta ?, wat of Isoko, Itsekiri, Ijaw , And us

a beg park well, Igbo man, we can never form alliance gat tat into u think skull, Igbos in SS ain't up to 30% so stop this ur attachment as if without Us una nor feet survive

like I earlier said I don't need Igbo fools here, its created for my Urhobo people

Sobos are so miserable. You are here trying to claim a land in Bayelsa state, just as you would love to claim Anioma. So if a few of your people are allowed to live in bayelsa, does that mean you would claim the land as yours? When has few hundreds of people living in a place make such place their land.

Like I said, you Sobos are pathetic. You should content your miserable lives to your small portion of land in delta state, where you're neither here nor there but living as a bat.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by ochuski(m): 8:23pm On May 02, 2015
OgagaMic:

Ochuko mavor ?
Proudly Urhobo, God bless my Ofoni people, am from delta pls tell me more abt ur peepz over dere
ogaga omagare oniovo..well, ofoni peeps ar fine and always busy wit daily activities

1 Like

Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 02, 2015
literarymathy:

I just don't get it? this your erratically disturbing behavior towards the Urhobos. Maybe I should psychoanalyse you;

Did you have any sexual fantasies towards your sisters or mom? Maybe it's an Oedipal complex.
Are you xenophobic because you were raped by an Urhobo man when you were in Ogwashiuku prison?

Please Freemanan take over the analysis from here, this guy needs a stronger hand.

Well well! I for one, I don't handle mental issues but I can make an exception since the patient at hand is a dear one to me! On a professional note, he needs a psychological session of at leat 10hours daily without break! Now down to normal level, Illiad just needs friendship! Friendship of an Urhobo man precisely so Mr Marthy do him the honours or should I?

What a choice of name he made! How I wish he could make such a choice of thought we wouldn't be having this session. #Tragic

4 Likes

Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by ochuski(m): 8:33pm On May 02, 2015
s3nn2x:
Why didn't I think of creating this topic. I served in Ofoni and it was horrible around 2010/2011. No GSM network or even electricity. There was no access road to the community. The only way you can access the place was through Odurubu in Delta state, and the road there was in a very bad state. To withdraw money was a long journey. The students did not really care about school because they knew that they were going to pay money to the school for WAEC and NECO, and the school was going to solve the questions for them.

I remember when the students wanted to beat a corper up, that all the corpers had a meeting and left the village because their lives were not safe. It took 30 days before we returned.

I heard they now have a link road to Angalabiri, which means you can use car to go to Sagbama instead of using boat. I also know that there is network there now because I still chat with my former students.

I miss plantain, fish and banana.

Did I mention that the girls and guys were promiscuous. As in, you will see a girl of 12, already pregnant. When you ask them why they don't use condom, they'd say 'condom no sweet joor', when you tell them about HIV/AIDS they'd tell you that 'HIV no fit enter Ofoni'. Mehn, the place was somehow sha. If you are sexually active, you are surely going to enjoy the place. It seems like the girls were into corpers and strangers from the city.
as an ofoni man, i must confess that u ar right. My ppl like enjoyment..by d way, ur story sounds familiar *lols most ofoni studnt hates d corpers cus dey steal dia girls

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by s3nn2x(m): 8:40pm On May 02, 2015
ochuski:
as an ofoni man, i must confess that u ar right. My ppl like enjoyment..by d way, ur story sounds familiar *lols most ofoni studnt hates d corpers cus dey steal dia girls
I dey tell you. I stayed in Manager's house. Close to the Primary school. Can't forget his son called Andrew A.K.A. 'Had I known, I for no go Lagos' grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by ochuski(m): 8:47pm On May 02, 2015
s3nn2x:

I dey tell you. I stayed in Manager's house. Close to the Primary school. Can't forget his son called Andrew A.K.A. 'Had I known, I for no go Lagos' grin grin grin
interesting! Now i knw u wella..u badt guy by den..i dey watch u wen u bin dey folo hope dat yr..

1 Like

Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by illiad: 8:47pm On May 02, 2015
literarymathy:

Lol!
Bitter fellows!
Just content yourself to your little portion of land in Delta. Don't go claiming some lands in Bayelsa. That's exactly all the cure you all needed for your land grabbing disorder.

Greedy loathsome fellows!

1 Like

Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by illiad: 9:00pm On May 02, 2015
Freemanan:

Well well! I for one, I don't handle mental issues but I can make an exception since the patient at hand is a dear one to me! On a professional note, he needs a psychological session of at leat 10hours daily without break! Now down to normal level, Illiad just needs friendship! Friendship of an Urhobo man precisely so Mr Marthy do him the honours or should I?

What a choice of name he made! How I wish he could make such a choice of thought we wouldn't be having this session. #Tragic

Funny Enough, I have housed an Urhobo man for many years in two different houses I lived. That tells you who I am.

Now to the issue!
Pls there's an urgent need to gather all world best Shrinks to help in curing you Sobos of your Abject Miserableness leading to hate, land grabbing disorder, innate jealousy and pathological laziness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by s3nn2x(m): 9:01pm On May 02, 2015
ochuski:
interesting! Now i knw u wella..u badt guy by den..i dey watch u wen u bin dey folo hope dat yr..
Tah...

No be me.
Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by Nobody: 9:02pm On May 02, 2015
illiad:

Funny Enough, I have housed an Urhobo man for many years in two different houses I lived. That tells you who I am.

Now to the issue!
Pls there's an urgent need to gather all world best Shrinks to help in curing you Sobos of your Abject Miserableness leading to hate, land grabbing disorder, innate jealousy and pathological laziness.

Who your message is directed at is not even an Urhobo. However, unlike you, he is not ethnically prejucial.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa by feldido(m): 9:05pm On May 02, 2015
philips70:
There is also an Isoko community in the same local government named Anibeze.

You are correct, they are very close to Patani.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Igbo Officially Recognized In Equatorial Guinea As An Ethnic Language / Caribbean Indigenes Speak Igbo & Yoruba Languages / I "missed You" In Igbo Language!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.