Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (45353 Views)

What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? / Men: How To Introduce Wife No.2 To Your Family / Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Charpell(m): 6:59pm On Jun 01, 2016
initiate:
is auxano dependable? I used their solar inverter, it stopped working within a year, no one to repair it
All inverters are dependable if the offer 1 year warranty and offer good service center, however it differs from every company
smilinguy:
Charpell, please what is your number?
cheezy4whizy:
pls charpell. how doi contact u
Zico4real:

your website is not going. I need your phone no. I want to set up a solar system.
trendyprettygir:
hello charpell.
How can you be contacted?
Treat as urgent
Sorry for not responding on time.
Re: . by Charpell(m): 7:04pm On Jun 01, 2016
tfezify:
Good day Charpell.

I have a 1.5KVA inverter with two 12V 200AH batteries.

What kind of solar system do I need to efficiently charge the batteries to a minimum capacity of 95% and whats the cost?.

I am also planning on purchasing two more 12V 200AH batteries to make a total of 4. For this, will my solar requirements be different?

Awaiting your response

To upgrade to solar for 2 Batteries

You need 4 units of 200watts panel
You need a 30A MPPT Charge controller

To upgrade to solar for 4 Batteries

You need 7 units of 200watts panel
You need a 50A MPPT Charge controller

200w panel goes for 35-40k
50A Mppt charge Controller is 50k

Hope this helps

1 Like

Re: . by onyinyechika08: 2:45pm On Jun 02, 2016
Pls i want to install a solar inverter system in my home that can power 3tvs+2decoders, 1fridge or freezer , 3fans and 8 energy bulbs through the night say at least 12hrs.

What unit of inverter, batteries and solar panels will be sufficient for this set-up and cost+installation.
Re: . by Charpell(m): 4:03pm On Jun 03, 2016
onyinyechika08:
Pls i want to install a solar inverter system in my home that can power 3tvs+2decoders, 1fridge or freezer , 3fans and 8 energy bulbs through the night say at least 12hrs.

What unit of inverter, batteries and solar panels will be sufficient for this set-up and cost+installation.
If you remove, freezer from the equation, i will send you a quote for 2kva system.
If you are interested in the quote, drop your email address and i will send it
Re: . by onyinyechika08: 5:13am On Jun 05, 2016
Re: . by Charpell(m): 9:30am On Jun 06, 2016
onyinyechika08:
Pls do my email: onyinyechika08@gmail.com
Sent
Re: . by Charpell(m): 9:36am On Jun 06, 2016
Cc Lalasticlala
Re: . by trendyprettygir: 12:54pm On Jun 07, 2016
Charpell:

All inverters are dependable if the offer 1 year warranty and offer good service center, however it differs from every company

Sorry for not responding on time. My phone number 08066098146

Just seeing this.

Please can you give me a quote for a 3.5kva inverter inclusive of batteries?

Will a 3.5 kva carry a refrigerator?
Re: . by Charpell(m): 3:27pm On Jun 07, 2016
trendyprettygir:

Just seeing this.

Please can you give me a quote for a 3.5kva inverter inclusive of batteries?

Will a 3.5 kva carry a refrigerator?
Yes with even freezer
Send me your mail
Re: . by trendyprettygir: 4:11pm On Jun 07, 2016
Charpell:

Yes with even freezer
Send me your mail

Please check your email box, if you got my message and respond.

I don't type email addresses on nairaland.
Re: . by Charpell(m): 8:30pm On Jun 08, 2016
trendyprettygir:

Please check your email box, if you got my message and respond.

I don't type email addresses on nairaland.
Sent
Re: . by Intellab(m): 7:10pm On Jun 12, 2016
Charpell:

To upgrade to solar for 2 Batteries

You need 4 units of 200watts panel
You need a 30A MPPT Charge controller

To upgrade to solar for 4 Batteries

You need 7 units of 200watts panel
You need a 50A MPPT Charge controller

200w panel goes for 35-40k
50A Mppt charge Controller is 50k

Hope this helps
Where can I place an order? I need 200w panel
Re: . by Charpell(m): 6:04pm On Jun 14, 2016
Outdoor Installation
We did this installation yesterday, the client already has a Back up system and wanted to upgrade to Hybrid. Secondly he wanted the system to stay outside the house, so we built an outside rack and mounted it outside.

Re: . by MrSim(m): 10:21pm On Jun 15, 2016
Charpell:
[img]http://2.bp..com/-vg_C6humUnc/VUSTpCc-EgI/AAAAAAAAAgY/BT779SNGGQQ/s1600/12.jpg[/img]
This post is for inverter users, most of my clients using inverters are complaining of low or no phcn to charge their battery
and we all know charging using generator reduces the life span of a deep cycle battery.

Solar is no longer expensive as it used to be, I am going to give the current market price of all solar equipment so you have an idea

Part A
1 Solar Panel
A 12v battry rated at 200Ah needs about 300w or 400w panel to charge the battery full. [assuming 7 hours of sunlight a day]
The available panel in the market are 125w and 200w

Option A
So if you are going to use 125w panel, then you need 2 or 3 panels per battery depending on your pocket.
[Recommended for 0.8kva inverter]

Option B
If you are going for 200w panel, then you need 1 or 2 panel per battery, depending on your pocket.
[Recommended for 1.5kva inverter]

2 Solar charge Controller
A charge controller limits the rate at which electric current is added to or drawn from electric batteries. It prevents overcharging and may protect against overvoltage, which can reduce battery performance or lifespan, and may pose a safety risk.

12v, 15a is recommended for option 1
24v,30a is recommended for option 2

3 Cables
Depending the distance from where you mount your panel to the battery

4 Angle Bar [optional]
Angle bar is the frame upon which the solar is mounted, althought the last one is optional. If you have a roof where you can access, then there is no need to make Angle bar.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-QfU3crnXGRY/VUSSV5IybnI/AAAAAAAAAf4/Cnuk_oQxIoM/s1600/1.jpg[/img]
This is my roof, i can install my panel without the angle bar

[img]http://3.bp..com/-8GWsQBspUew/VUSTDOZ1Y5I/AAAAAAAAAgA/ftbpnD4jNb8/s1600/20150423_122436.jpg[/img]
125w Sinbad Solar on my roof

Part B

Panels
Auxano Products
125 watts N17,000
200 watts N35,000

Sinbad Group
125 watts N32,000
200 watts N55,000

Solar charge Controller
12v, 15a = N15,000
24v,30a = N30,000
Sinbad group

3 Angle Bar

N10,000 per each panel

Pls visit my blog, www.charpell.com to get regular News, Tutorials and Reviews on Inverter, Deep cycle battery, Solar component.

Source: http://www.charpell.com/2015/05/real-cost-of-installing-solar-energy.html
Re: . by baaliyah(m): 5:22am On Jun 16, 2016
Charpell:
Outdoor Installation
We did this installation yesterday, the client already has a Back up system and wanted to upgrade to Hybrid. Secondly he wanted the system to stay outside the house, so we built an outside rack and mounted it outside.

Outside the house? does that mean inverter will constantly be on standby or is it remote-controlled.
Re: . by Charpell(m): 6:12am On Jun 16, 2016
baaliyah:

Outside the house? does that mean inverter will constantly be on standby or is it remote-controlled.
The Inverter has been upgraded to a Hybrid system, there sun is sufficient to keep it on for 24 hours.

To see the difference between Back-up, Stand alone and Hybrid System, follow this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/3141574/building-house-want-incorporate-solar
Re: . by MrSim(m): 1:57am On Jun 19, 2016
Hello.

I use a 1000 Watt inverter, powered by two(2) of 200AH deep cycle batteries.

From time to time, the city power goes off, AC Output indicator meter deflects to 0, from 2 to 5 seconds, even without electric power interruption. When on bye pass (i.e inverter off mode), it cuts power supply to my electronics. The cutting off of supply to my equipment can be avoided by turning on the inverter.

What is the cause of that (City power going off and on without interruption of main electric supply)?

Prompt response anticipated please.

Thank you.
Re: . by grafikii: 3:22pm On Jun 19, 2016
Charpell:

The
hi I need a solar system to power a 1.5hp pumping machine, how much will it cost?

Do I need batteries and inverter? since I will only run the pump once a day for about 3hrs in daylight.
Re: . by Charpell(m): 6:19pm On Jun 21, 2016
grafikii:

hi I need a solar system to power a 1.5hp pumping machine, how much will it cost?

Do I need batteries and inverter? since I will only run the pump once a day for about 3hrs in daylight.

Yes you will need inverter and battery
Re: . by Charpell(m): 4:34pm On Jul 13, 2016
Hello everyone, i just created IQSolar
A new app for calculating your solar energy component has been released.

To install, click here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=appinventor.ai_chappelle09.Solarapp

http://charpell..com.ng/2016/07/iqsolar-solar-app-that-lets-you.html

4 Likes

Re: . by spinola: 10:03am On Jul 14, 2016
mercurydirect.com.ng

Re: . by iamsuskay(m): 5:53pm On Jul 16, 2016
Pls i want to install a solar inverter system in my home that can power 2 led tvs+ 1 DVD +1decoders, 2fans and 5 energy bulbs through the night say at least 8hrs.
What unit of inverter, batteries and solar panels will be sufficient for this set-up and cost+installation...plz contact me on saliuusmankayode@gmail.com
Re: . by 2011HajjWeber(m): 6:45pm On Jul 16, 2016
Just seeing this.

Please can you give me a quote for a 3.5kva inverter inclusive of batteries and solar panels to charge it?

Will a 3.5 kva carry a refrigerator and or a freezer?.

Also I have 1.5kva Luminous inverter with 2 12V, 200ah , what solar panel will charge the batteries and the cost.
Awaits your response.
Re: . by hathway: 3:50am On Jul 18, 2016
iamsuskay:
Pls i want to install a solar inverter system in my home that can power 2 led tvs+ 1 DVD +1decoders, 2fans and 5 energy bulbs through the night say at least 8hrs.
What unit of inverter, batteries and solar panels will be sufficient for this set-up and cost+installation...plz contact me on saliuusmankayode@gmail.com
i think best configuration for 8 hours back up time of your house power is 8 pieces mono solar panel, one 60A 24V MPPT, 4 pieces 200ah solar batteries, one 3.5kva solar inverter.

Also you can use 1.5 solar inverter, but it will need 3 pieces 30A PWM controllers and more cables to connect, it will cost you more money.

so use 3.5kva is the best, also in this system you can use more electric appliance , except air conditioners.
Re: . by Charpell(m): 8:46am On Jul 18, 2016
iamsuskay:
What you need
1.2kva Inverter
1 Battery (12v 200AH)
4 Panels (12v 100watts)
30A Charge Controller

Use IQSolar app to calculate your energy load to confirm

Download with your phone https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=appinventor.ai_chappelle09.Solarapp

1 Like

Re: . by Charpell(m): 8:55am On Jul 18, 2016
2011HajjWeber:
Just seeing this.

Please can you give me a quote for a 3.5kva inverter inclusive of batteries and solar panels to charge it?

Will a 3.5 kva carry a refrigerator and or a freezer?.
Yes

2011HajjWeber:

Also I have 1.5kva Luminous inverter with 2 12V, 200ah , what solar panel will charge the batteries and the cost.
Awaits your response.
4 units of 200watts panel. N50,000/panel

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=appinventor.ai_chappelle09.Solarapp

1 Like

Re: . by Charpell(m): 8:56am On Jul 18, 2016
hathway:

i think best configuration for 8 hours back up time of your house power is 8 pieces mono solar panel, one 60A 24V MPPT, 4 pieces 200ah solar batteries, one 3.5kva solar inverter.

Also you can use 1.5 solar inverter, but it will need 3 pieces 30A PWM controllers and more cables to connect, it will cost you more money.

so use 3.5kva is the best, also in this system you can use more electric appliance , except air conditioners.
Your recommendation is wrong

2 Likes

Re: . by iLoveTheSun(m): 9:55am On Jul 18, 2016
Here is a side note to all of you who would like to power a freezer and a fridge as well.

There is an additional way to store energy: instead of storing electricity into chemical compound in a battery, use thermal energy as well, because it is more efficient and cheaper.

Put one or several plastic bottles with salt water into the freezer. But leave some air, so the water has room to expand.
When you have light (and solar during the day), run the freezer. The frozen ice will "save" the energy and absorb the "heat" from the frozen food.
Or you can take the bottles into your fridge.

The amount of salt needs to be calculated properly in order to lower the freezing point under 0° C.

(Just for your general understanding: In Northern Europe, where you have ice and snow in winter, people use a mix of salt and sand to throw onto the streets. The salt lowers the freezing point, so the ice melts. But this only works for certain temperatures. If it's colder than, let's say, -10°C, then salt won't help.)

1 Like

Re: . by iLoveTheSun(m): 10:05am On Jul 18, 2016
Solar energy:
Do you live in the south or north? You need to consider your location as well.
Here is the insolation for Lagos on a monthly basis.
Total global insolation means the total energy of the sun that shines on a surface of one square meter (1x1m) during a year.
The metric is 'kilo (=thousand) Watts Hour per square meter and per year'.

This translates to a specific solar energy production per year. Specific to a given location, e.g. Lagos (= latitude & temperature).
The metric is: x kWh/kWp per year. This metric tells you how much solar energy you will get on a 1000 Watts(peak) solar installation on the roof.
This is used to compare the quality and efficiency of each solar installation at a give location and to compare the insolation between different locations.
This takes into consideration:
a) type of solar cells (mono- or polycristalline)
b) type of installation (rooftop, ground, partially shaded)
c) tilt/inclination of the solar modules or if it is on a single-axis/dual-axis tracker.

kWp = kilo Watt(peak) = at peak power; The value Wp or Watt(peak) is found on the name/type plate on the back of the module.
This value is measured under laboratory conditions with a flasher (1000 Watts/m2, 25°C, ambient air pressure) .
Since the solar cells are semiconductors, solar cells are less efficient when they get hot. With every degree above 25°C the solar module gets less efficient. It is called Power Temperature Coefficient in % per Kelvin, e.g. -0,30 % per Kelvin.

Re: . by iLoveTheSun(m): 10:49am On Jul 18, 2016
So, a solar system consisting of four modules with 250 Watts(peak) each is 1 kWp.

Total solar energy production = Size of solar system in [kWp] * Specific energy production at the given location in [kWh/kWp*a]

1 kWp * 1.648 kWh/m2*a (Lagos) = 1.648 kWh total solar energy production per year (-> on the roof!)

Daily energy production on average = 1.648 kWh/a / 365 days = 4,5 kWh or 4.500 Watts Hour per day (-> on the roof)

Due to energy losses of solar charger and inverters the efficiency of direct usage (not stored) is approx. 80%.
4.500 Watts Hour * 80% = 3.600 Watts Hour.
If you store the energy into batteries there are losses while charging and discharging, you can feel the heat of the batteries.
Batteries in good conditions have a 90% efficiency. (4-5% for charging and 4-5% for discharging).

Let's say 1/3 is used directly = 1.200 Watts Hour during the day
and 2/3 is stored 2.400 Wh * 90% = 2.160 Watts Hour.
Total energy available = 3.360 Watts Hour (24h day with storage)

Of course, there are rainy/cloudy days.

Re: . by iLoveTheSun(m): 11:09am On Jul 18, 2016
Here is a system with 2 x 270 Watts(p)

24 Volt DC system
Solar modules are connected in series -> higher voltage when cloudy.

15 Amp 100 Volt MPPT solar charger

12 x 40 Ah VRLA batteries 12 V; 6 banks at 24 V.

1,6 kVA single phase inverter to power 1000 W water pump, lights and power tools in the garden.

Battery management system with display.

Re: . by 2011HajjWeber(m): 7:58pm On Jul 18, 2016
Please give me a quote for a 3.5kva inverter inclusive of batteries and solar panels to charge it? The total cost of Inverter, batteries, panels, charge controller and cables for installations and your labour cost.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Woman's Attempt To Seduce Younger Sister’s Husband With Love Portion Backfires / My Wife Slapped Me & I Beat Her But She Refused To Go To Father's House / Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.