Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,678 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

Can We Get Married With Her Blood Group? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can We Get Married With Her Blood Group? (1168 Views)

Genotype And Blood Group: Learn Never To Forget The Difference!!! / Knowing Your Genotype And Blood Group / Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can We Get Married With Her Blood Group? by iampartyboy(m): 12:06pm On May 02, 2015
Hi everyone I need your professional advice concerning my girlfriend and I. We've been dating for years now and i've already taken her home to meet my parents. I love her and I want to marry her. Few days ago she went for her blood test to know her blood group and genotype which turned out to be "AA" then "A rh D negative". I'm AA too although I'm not sure of my blood group but I was once told i'm O+. Now all I knew about these things is that AS shouldn't marry AS or SS to avoid sickle cell children but she was saying something that she was told that she can only marry someone who's negative too to avoid complications when she's pregnant. It got me all confused because i've never heard anything like that and I don't want to loose her. Now is there something to be done about it?
Re: Can We Get Married With Her Blood Group? by Noloss(f): 12:12pm On May 02, 2015
Doc ind house will be able to say better but from d little knowledge I think u can go ahead only dat there is a particular injection she'll be given after ur first child so that other children will be safe. One of our family friend have related issue and they're fyn now with two kids.
Re: Can We Get Married With Her Blood Group? by allycat: 9:54pm On May 03, 2015
The Rh or rhesus factor is usually a problem if it is not diagnosed before the woman's first pregnancy. What happens is that just after delivery the woman is given anti rh injections. If she has been pregnant before and had a D&C or miscarriage the injections are given earlier in the pregnancy. The chances of her meeting a re negative male are very slim as it is rare.

(1) (Reply)

[2015] How To Lose 10 Pounds In A Week / You Shouldn't Ignore These Possible Signs Of Cancer / Reasons Not To Skip That Breakfast Again.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.