Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,832 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Breaking!!! Former Man Utd Defender, Rio Ferdinand Looses Wife To Cancer - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Breaking!!! Former Man Utd Defender, Rio Ferdinand Looses Wife To Cancer (514 Views)

Banky W, His Parents And Adesua Etomi, His Wife To-Be Pictured Together / Lola Omotayo-Okoye Loses Employee To Cancer / Ex Machester United Defender, Rio Ferdinand Loses Wife To Cancer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking!!! Former Man Utd Defender, Rio Ferdinand Looses Wife To Cancer by OgaInnocent(m): 2:46pm On May 02, 2015
QPR defender's wife, Rebecca, has died after a short battle with cancer
The wife of Rio Ferdinand, the former England captain, has died after a short battle with cancer, leaving behind three young children.
Rebecca Ellison, 34, died on Friday night at the Royal Marsden Hospital, where she was being treated. It is understood she had been suffering from breast cancer.
In a moving statement, Ferdinand, 36, described his wife as his “soul mate” who would “live on... as a guide and inspiration”. With it, Ferdinand also posted online a photograph of himself with his wife taken in happier times.
Devastated to hear about the loss of Rebecca, my thoughts are with Rio and their family at this terribly sad time.— Michael Carrick (@carras16) May 2, 2015
The couple, who married in 2009, have three children Lorenz, nine, Tate, six, and four-year-old Tia.

In a statement published on the website of Ferdinand’s current club Queen’s Park Rangers, the footballer said yesterday: “My soul mate slipped away last night. Rebecca, my wonderful wife, passed away peacefully after a short battle with cancer at the Royal Marsden Hospital in London.
“She was a fantastic loving mother to our three beautiful children. She will be missed as a wife, sister, aunt, daughter and granddaughter. She will live on in our memory, as a guide and inspiration.
“Myself, my parents Janice and Julian, along with Rebecca’s parents Lesley and Stephen, would like to thank our families, friends and my club colleagues who have rallied around in these desperate days, weeks and months.”

Source: http://www.ogainnocent.com/2015/05/sad-former-man-utd-defender-rio.html

Cc: seun, Lalasticlala

Re: Breaking!!! Former Man Utd Defender, Rio Ferdinand Looses Wife To Cancer by Davidson267(m): 2:47pm On May 02, 2015
Rip cry
Re: Breaking!!! Former Man Utd Defender, Rio Ferdinand Looses Wife To Cancer by marshalcarter: 2:53pm On May 02, 2015
sad R.I.P
Re: Breaking!!! Former Man Utd Defender, Rio Ferdinand Looses Wife To Cancer by temitemi1(m): 2:54pm On May 02, 2015
RIP
Re: Breaking!!! Former Man Utd Defender, Rio Ferdinand Looses Wife To Cancer by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 02, 2015
Rip ... #jogging ball 100times in honour

(1) (Reply)

Ojb’s Kidney Reportedly Collapses Again / Holy Lord!!! Check Out President Buhari And Osinbajo's Huge Salary At The End Of / Snoop Dogg To Take Over As Twitter CEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.