Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,285 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

Where Can One Meet Muslims And Perform Acts Of Ibadah? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Where Can One Meet Muslims And Perform Acts Of Ibadah? (1644 Views)

*for Married Folks: Sexual Acts And Their Permissibility In Islam / Kano Grand Mosque Attack, Muslims And Terrorism / Examining Muslims and Miracles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Can One Meet Muslims And Perform Acts Of Ibadah? by mybad: 6:07pm On Feb 04, 2009
Asalam alaiykum waramatullai wabarakatuhu!
Brothers and sisters in islam,

I think its high time we started sharing ideas on how and where to perfom acts of Ibadah online.

Most of us are salary earners,civil servants,businessmen and women,students who hardly have time to perform the five daily compulsory solat at their appropriate time.
We even find it difficult to do nofilats in the midnight or early parts of the morning.
We don't see it as shameful the fact that we cannot read the Holy Quran in Arabic talk more of making out time to recite it.

There are several centres around us where we can visit and build a strong spiritual life where we can learn new things about Islam and increase our Iman instead of engaging in unprofitable arguments with non muslims online.

I stay in the Egbeda area of Lagos but when am home every weekend, i find it difficult to associate with other muslims except during solat.
I'd appreciate if i could meet with like minded people with whom we could engage in "Maslahah".

Lets start exchanging the addresses of such centres or avenues via this thread.
Don't keep quiet, be the first to perfom this act of Ibadah.

May Allah enrich us in Iman and grant us Al-Jannah but protect us from the acursed Shaytan and the fire of Jahannam.
Re: Where Can One Meet Muslims And Perform Acts Of Ibadah? by zayhal(f): 10:55am On Feb 05, 2009
Go to AbdulAzeez foundation mosque, a very big and popular mosque in Egbeda. Good lectures, halqa, tafseer, jujm'ah are held there.
You can also ask for the home address of Sheik Najimdeen Sulayman. He lives in Egbeda and holds lectures for brothers and sisters on Sundays. He preaches pure sunnah.
Another good place is 5, Laggar street, Iyana-Ipaja, Alimosho bus stop. classes are held for brothers and sisters at designated days and times of the week to suit individuals' schedule.
Re: Where Can One Meet Muslims And Perform Acts Of Ibadah? by mybad: 5:44pm On Feb 05, 2009
zayhal:

Go to AbdulAzeez foundation mosque, a very big and popular mosque in Egbeda. Good lectures, halqa, tafseer, jujm'ah are held there.
You can also ask for the home address of Sheik Najimdeen Sulayman. He lives in Egbeda and holds lectures for brothers and sisters on Sundays. He preaches pure sunnah.
Another good place is 5, Laggar street, Iyana-Ipaja, Alimosho bus stop. classes are held for brothers and sisters at designated days and times of the week to suit individuals' schedule.

Salam Alaiykum,
Jazakum!
Thanks for the information.
Maybe i should have reached out to you at first.
I forgot you know my environs like the palm of your hand.
How are my babies? smiley smiley
Re: Where Can One Meet Muslims And Perform Acts Of Ibadah? by zayhal(f): 10:21am On Feb 06, 2009
mybad:

Maybe i should have reached out to you at first.

Really? Would you have?
Re: Where Can One Meet Muslims And Perform Acts Of Ibadah? by bilms(m): 10:57am On Feb 06, 2009
this is a really i nice idea.

but please note,

u have to make sure the place of ibadah u are about to visit or that u are already visiting are not practising what is refer to as Bidha.

because Allah warn us about it and the prophet (S.A.W) also did.

The prophet said.

Kullu bidhat Dallal, wa kullu dallal fil nar.

meaning

All bidha is destruction and all destructing end in Hell.

masallam
Re: Where Can One Meet Muslims And Perform Acts Of Ibadah? by Mustay(m): 1:12pm On Feb 06, 2009
there is a site a guy designed for such stuff.

just can't remember the name now.

get to ya later
Re: Where Can One Meet Muslims And Perform Acts Of Ibadah? by zayhal(f): 10:25am On Feb 11, 2009
@poster

Did you visit the places I suggested? How was it?
Re: Where Can One Meet Muslims And Perform Acts Of Ibadah? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 11, 2009
Anyone know about any upcoming program in Warri or Benin? embarassed
Re: Where Can One Meet Muslims And Perform Acts Of Ibadah? by mybad: 4:21pm On Feb 20, 2009
zayhal:

@poster

Did you visit the places I suggested? How was it?

Thanks!
I visited the mosque last weekend.
Just what i need.
I'm yet to check on the Ustaz though.
Jazakum!
Re: Where Can One Meet Muslims And Perform Acts Of Ibadah? by olanajim(m): 12:05pm On Feb 22, 2009
Mybal,
while I like this idea of holding muslims gathering, I quite disagree with you about part of your comment regarding talking to non muslims online. There is nothing wrong with talking to non muslims whether online or offline. The reason muslims are grossly misunderstood has to do with the fact that the non muslims are basically uninformed. (except the diehard anti Islam elements)

I have always been a part of such gathering in the past, but stopped when I find out that some of them are becoming breeding ground for bidha and foundamentalism. I have since stop attending them altogether! Not that I won't like to attend, but if what I saw during those days are still rampant, then, I am going to remain where I am.

That does not mean I am discouraging anyone. In fact, I recommends it.

My point is that muslims should heed the sunnah when applying their faiths,
Re: Where Can One Meet Muslims And Perform Acts Of Ibadah? by mybad: 6:45pm On Feb 23, 2009
olanajim:

Mybal,
while I like this idea of holding muslims gathering, I quite disagree with you about part of your comment regarding talking to non muslims online. There is nothing wrong with talking to non muslims whether online or offline. The reason muslims are grossly misunderstood has to do with the fact that the non muslims are basically uninformed. (except the diehard anti Islam elements)

I have always been a part of such gathering in the past, but stopped when I find out that some of them are becoming breeding ground for bidha and foundamentalism. I have since stop attending them altogether! Not that I won't like to attend, but if what I saw during those days are still rampant, then, I am going to remain where I am.

That does not mean I am discouraging anyone. In fact, I recommends it.

My point is that muslims should heed the sunnah when applying their faiths,

@olanajim
I don't think keeping away from the Umah is the solution, Bidah or no bidah.
I wonder how you'll get to make corrections when such situations arise.

Mind you,your silence might lead some ignorant muslims astray.
The Prophet said in his books that a muslim owes a responsibility to his fellow muslim to trail the right path.
If you are so sure that those gatherings are breeding grounds for bidah, its your responsibility to give your own advise at intervals and ensure the sunnah prevails over innovations.

1 Like

Re: Where Can One Meet Muslims And Perform Acts Of Ibadah? by zayhal(f): 10:16am On Feb 25, 2009
mybad:

@olanajim
I don't think keeping away from the Umah is the solution, Bidah or no bidah.
I wonder how you'll get to make corrections when such situations arise.

Mind you,your silence might lead some ignorant muslims astray.
The Prophet said in his books that a muslim owes a responsibility to his fellow muslim to trail the right path.
If you are so sure that those gatherings are breeding grounds for bidah, its your responsibility to give your own advise at intervals and ensure the sunnah prevails over innovations.

Well said. Couldn't have said it better.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Wins World Muslim Beauty Pageant / Why Did The Prophet (saw) Fast On Monday's And Thursday's / Boonaa Mohammed Wake Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.