Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

What Area Of Businesses Can Be Invested In Without The Owner Running It Hisself. - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / What Area Of Businesses Can Be Invested In Without The Owner Running It Hisself. (5684 Views)

ANY HOPE FOR PARTICIPANTS THAT INVESTED IN CMA? / MMM Nigeria.net Owner Unmasked. (photo) / Invested In A Ponzi Scheme Gone Bad? (pictures To Relate To) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Area Of Businesses Can Be Invested In Without The Owner Running It Hisself. by ibl0010: 3:46pm On May 03, 2015
I have come across few articles stating that nigerians living abroad should not forget his or her father land and therefore established a business in nigeria to help with the high unemployment in the country. Some will and others will not agree with me but I for one ( as someone who is fortunate to be nigerian and also settled abroad) think that, nigerians abroad not wanting to invest in his or her father land is not the issue, but the main issues that may discourage nigerians abroad from establishing a business in nigeria is down to the amount of untrustworthy people, corruption and bad infrastructure.

With regards to bad infrastructure. I think nigerians economy will grow largely with just simple constant electricity, with good and regular electricity businesses which rely on electricity can trade longer and staff will work longer hours earning more money, people will come out more at night to spend money in entertainment venues because regular electricity would mean people will feel safer at night due to street light.

In terms of dealing with untrustworthy people. it is unfortunate that the bad people in nigerian are giving the good people of nigeria a bad name and reputation. It is so hard now adays to trust people in nigerian because people just seems to be money hungry. A nigerian abroad wanting to establish a business in nigerian to create employment opportunities and investment for his or herself can't be in two places at once but because people are so money hungry it is hard for a nigerian abroad to start a business in nigeria and put family or outsider in charge to run the business on behalf of a nigerian abroad. There is nothing wrong with buying a fleet of car to use as taxi and pay someone salary to drive the taxi. Here due lack of transparency of some people a driver can make 10,000 naira a day for example and only say he made 5,000 naira, this is why investor choose hire purchase to protect their investment.

I for one as a nigerian fortunate to also have abroad nationality would like to invest in nigeria by establishing some sort of business that creates jobs to help the nigerian economy grow but as one can't live and also be in nigeria at the same time to run a business on the ground, are there businesses or investment a nigeria abroad can invest in without ending up with egg on his face. By investment, I mean, properties, animal farming and so on.

P.S. As the Sunny Ade song (the way forward goes), nigerian can only move forward in the right direction if nigeria itself as a country gives itself a good reputation on the world stage, which in turns will benefit the people of nigeria.
Re: What Area Of Businesses Can Be Invested In Without The Owner Running It Hisself. by ITbomb(m): 4:06pm On May 03, 2015
Real estate (building and renting)
Re: What Area Of Businesses Can Be Invested In Without The Owner Running It Hisself. by ibl0010: 5:01pm On May 03, 2015
ITbomb:
Real estate (building and renting)

In general, is there a good return on real estate rentage.

What about building houses to sale on striaght away, is this also viable options.

Buying and re-selling of land. How viable ?
Re: What Area Of Businesses Can Be Invested In Without The Owner Running It Hisself. by renshawolami(m): 8:07pm On May 03, 2015
my father likes these agriculture thing and he is a very respected person.we are currently in ikorodu,he can advise you on the best investment and believe its goin to be a win win thing. 08037035059. Dats my dads number.Mr Ted thats is name.

1 Like

Re: What Area Of Businesses Can Be Invested In Without The Owner Running It Hisself. by Rooneyboy(m): 8:43pm On May 03, 2015
ibl0010:

In general, is there a good return on real estate rentage.

What about building houses to sale on striaght away, is this also viable options.

Buying and re-selling of land. How viable ?

Well real estate is very cool , I'm particularly not so freaked about is cos of the constant fraudulent chaps in it.

We Nigerians resident in Nigeria are even scared of buying lands and living it idle, talk more of someone outside the shores of the country.

# my point, if u aren't ready to develop a piece of land, don't get involved with it.
Re: What Area Of Businesses Can Be Invested In Without The Owner Running It Hisself. by ibl0010: 11:42pm On May 03, 2015
renshawolami:
my father likes these agriculture thing and he is a very respected person.we are currently in ikorodu,he can advise you on the best investment and believe its goin to be a win win thing. 08037035059. Dats my dads number.Mr Ted thats is name.

One of my idea that is on my list is actually something alongside agriculture (well animal farm or animal feed production) as I know someone who is doing animal nutrition at uni and was thinking of investing in that direction (animal farming or feed production) to give her a helping hand on the career ladder. Well she would be running it for me as a manager. What is holding me back is the behaviour of Nigerians when it comes to money.
Re: What Area Of Businesses Can Be Invested In Without The Owner Running It Hisself. by ibl0010: 11:50pm On May 03, 2015
Rooneyboy:

Well real estate is very cool , I'm particularly not so freaked about is cos of the constant fraudulent chaps in it.

We Nigerians resident in Nigeria are even scared of buying lands and living it idle, talk more of someone outside the shores of the country.

# my point, if u aren't ready to develop a piece of land, don't get involved with it.
If I go for property, my idea was to build on a land like one bedroom terrace of four and sell it on instead of renting it out that would take years to recover back.

You hit the nail on the head, as you said if you residents of nigeria are scared to buy land, us nigerians abroad should be double scared. This is sad to see because people that could easily invest in the country to create jobs are probably holding back because of the way people behaviour with money.
Re: What Area Of Businesses Can Be Invested In Without The Owner Running It Hisself. by IGALA4LIFE(m): 7:43am On May 04, 2015
Can you buy me a minibus like toyota sienna or picknic at a hire purchase rate (times two of the amount you buy) I will not dissappoint you. My no. 0805 038 2115 or madakimuhammed@gmail.com. God bless you for saving a soul.

1 Like

Re: What Area Of Businesses Can Be Invested In Without The Owner Running It Hisself. by ibl0010: 5:15pm On May 04, 2015
IGALA4LIFE:
Can you buy me a minibus like toyota sienna or picknic at a hire purchase rate (times two of the amount you buy) I will not dissappoint you. My no. 0805 038 2115 or madakimuhammed@gmail.com. God bless you for saving a soul.

I don't doubt your sincerity and I am sure you are a person of good character but the behaviour of some nigerians makes it hard to distinguish the 419 from the non 419. The bad people gives the good people a bad name unfortunately which is really sad.

1 Like

Re: What Area Of Businesses Can Be Invested In Without The Owner Running It Hisself. by saibuhari(m): 5:44pm On May 04, 2015
Nobody should have anything to do with this Igala4life. He is a fraudster. In one post, this guy promised to make people millionaire in one month if only they can invest N40,000 with him. Now he comes here begging for someone to buy him a bus on hire purchase. What a stupid scammer who promises people millions in one post and in another post turns a beggar. Buyers beware! I have resolved to fish out scammers on this thread whenever I find them. Buyers beware!

5 Likes

Re: What Area Of Businesses Can Be Invested In Without The Owner Running It Hisself. by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 04, 2015
How about a business you can do no matter where you are in the world? That's network business and it's what I'm into. Contact me if you want to know more.
Re: What Area Of Businesses Can Be Invested In Without The Owner Running It Hisself. by millionboi(m): 10:13pm On May 04, 2015
IGALA4LIFE:
my spirit tells me u r sincere wit dis...let's ope som1shows up
Re: What Area Of Businesses Can Be Invested In Without The Owner Running It Hisself. by jayedu108: 10:21pm On May 04, 2015
ibl0010:
I have come across few articles stating that nigerians living abroad should not forget his or her father land and therefore established a business in nigeria to help with the high unemployment in the country. Some will and others will not agree with me but I for one ( as someone who is fortunate to be nigerian and also settled abroad) think that, nigerians abroad not wanting to invest in his or her father land is not the issue, but the main issues that may discourage nigerians abroad from establishing a business in nigeria is down to the amount of untrustworthy people, corruption and bad infrastructure.

With regards to bad infrastructure. I think nigerians economy will grow largely with just simple constant electricity, with good and regular electricity businesses which rely on electricity can trade longer and staff will work longer hours earning more money, people will come out more at night to spend money in entertainment venues because regular electricity would mean people will feel safer at night due to street light.

In terms of dealing with untrustworthy people. it is unfortunate that the bad people in nigerian are giving the good people of nigeria a bad name and reputation. It is so hard now adays to trust people in nigerian because people just seems to be money hungry. A nigerian abroad wanting to establish a business in nigerian to create employment opportunities and investment for his or herself can't be in two places at once but because people are so money hungry it is hard for a nigerian abroad to start a business in nigeria and put family or outsider in charge to run the business on behalf of a nigerian abroad. There is nothing wrong with buying a fleet of car to use as taxi and pay someone salary to drive the taxi. Here due lack of transparency of some people a driver can make 10,000 naira a day for example and only say he made 5,000 naira, this is why investor choose hire purchase to protect their investment.

I for one as a nigerian fortunate to also have abroad nationality would like to invest in nigeria by establishing some sort of business that creates jobs to help the nigerian economy grow but as one can't live and also be in nigeria at the same time to run a business on the ground, are there businesses or investment a nigeria abroad can invest in without ending up with egg on his face. By investment, I mean, properties, animal farming and so on.

P.S. As the Sunny Ade song (the way forward goes), nigerian can only move forward in the right direction if nigeria itself as a country gives itself a good reputation on the world stage, which in turns will benefit the people of nigeria.
Re: What Area Of Businesses Can Be Invested In Without The Owner Running It Hisself. by jayedu108: 10:23pm On May 04, 2015
ibl0010:

Realy am interested in going into business but my problem is the capital how can you be of assistant to me promise to repay bck every kobo gotten from You with interest not askin you to trust me but u can give me a try u can reach me via email chiboy1928@yahoo.com for more info Thanks.
Re: What Area Of Businesses Can Be Invested In Without The Owner Running It Hisself. by IGALA4LIFE(m): 7:18am On May 05, 2015
saibuhari:
Nobody should have anything to do with this Igala4life. He is a fraudster. In one post, this guy promised to make people millionaire in one month if only they can invest N40,000 with him. Now he comes here begging for someone to buy him a bus on hire purchase. What a stupid scammer who promises people millions in one post and in another post turns a beggar. Buyers beware! I have resolved to fish out scammers on this thread whenever I find them. Buyers beware!

Like I told you before, what you don't know is beyond you. Why do you set out to always attack people negatively even when you don't know anything about anything. Well if I am out to scam or defraud people may God never let me have peace, success and progress in my life. But if what you claim about me, calling names which I am not, is not true about me, then may God Almighty never allow you to have peace, success and progress in your life. You don't know the negative impact these your statements could cause on some genuine people who may be ready to help.

1 Like

Re: What Area Of Businesses Can Be Invested In Without The Owner Running It Hisself. by IGALA4LIFE(m): 7:19am On May 05, 2015
millionboi:
my spirit tells me u r sincere wit dis...let's ope som1shows up

Thank you Sir and may God bless you for understanding my plight.
Re: What Area Of Businesses Can Be Invested In Without The Owner Running It Hisself. by ibl0010: 2:05pm On May 06, 2015
How profitable or viable is starting business selling engine oil, auto spare part and generator. How much can start such business and profit daily margin.
Re: What Area Of Businesses Can Be Invested In Without The Owner Running It Hisself. by mrwilson(m): 12:22am On May 07, 2015
Good evening.
Investing in something visible and realistic is an advisable idea or business to grab.
I am the Director of Operation in EMMYS OIL AND MARINE SERVICE LTD. The mentioned company is a fresh oil company that deals strictly on petroleum products. If interested I have an oil investment that can yield you 5 million Naira profit in a time giving frame of 30 days. But before you invest, you can involve your lawyer to come sign an agreement with our lawyer which will be notarize in the court of law. After MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) has been signed and notarize, we will all be together as we proceed into action.

If interested you can reach me on 08135299348 and i will furnish you with details after which you can decide if to deal or not.
Thanks in anticipation
WILSON
Re: What Area Of Businesses Can Be Invested In Without The Owner Running It Hisself. by 2dmax(m): 1:55am On May 07, 2015
ibl0010:
How profitable or viable is starting business selling engine oil, auto spare part and generator. How much can start such business and profit daily margin.

pray, tell the countries you wish to import from. as for engine oil, you need to develop your own brand and import basically from Dubai but its a tight neck business esp for first timers

auto spare parts are varied. new parts or tokunboh parts. again depends on the type of auto you wish to focus on, that would help in advising you a country to source from

generator is good. rechargeable lamps is good. leave out solar because presently its a niche market. again, your type of gen set in mind would elicit better advise.

maxndianaefo@gmail.com
Re: What Area Of Businesses Can Be Invested In Without The Owner Running It Hisself. by Angelstartups(f): 7:24am On May 07, 2015
Hello,

Visit www.angelstartups.com.ng for assistance.

Cheers.
Re: What Area Of Businesses Can Be Invested In Without The Owner Running It Hisself. by lafex: 8:18am On May 07, 2015
mrwilson:
Good evening.
Investing in something visible and realistic is an advisable idea or business to grab.
I am the Director of Operation in EMMYS OIL AND MARINE SERVICE LTD. The mentioned company is a fresh oil company that deals strictly on petroleum products. If interested I have an oil investment that can yield you 5 million Naira profit in a time giving frame of 30 days. But before you invest, you can involve your lawyer to come sign an agreement with our lawyer which will be notarize in the court of law. After MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) has been signed and notarize, we will all be together as we proceed into action.

If interested you can reach me on 08135299348 or send a mail to resurgentcrude@gmail.com and i will furnish you with details after which you can decide if to deal or not.
Thanks in anticipation
WILSON
can one invest in ur company with about 200k?
Re: What Area Of Businesses Can Be Invested In Without The Owner Running It Hisself. by mrwilson(m): 9:09am On May 07, 2015
lafex:
can one invest in ur company with about 200k?
The list we can work with is a million Naira. (N1,000,000)
Re: What Area Of Businesses Can Be Invested In Without The Owner Running It Hisself. by ibl0010: 1:09pm On May 07, 2015
Poultry ( layers ) or fish farming is one area that I have been advised to invest in. How lucrative is this type of business? How much capital roughly is needed to set up such business to start with on a small to medium scale?
Re: What Area Of Businesses Can Be Invested In Without The Owner Running It Hisself. by mcdc: 5:21pm On May 07, 2015
property or real estate is the best. buy a plot of land and build a well finished apartments for rent. especially around new land / lekki -ajah axis. that is what my friend in Canada is doing in lagos . pls contact us for further details. 08057700994, togochristian@gmail.com
Re: What Area Of Businesses Can Be Invested In Without The Owner Running It Hisself. by engrgordon(m): 9:10am On May 08, 2015
I want to advice to you to go into property or hospitality business. as a professional and consultant in the field, i will advice you to be careful in regards to location. you should buy property in a fast developing areas. property in fast developing areas can increase in price rapidly. also hotel business in fast moving business in port harcourt and you can manage its transactions online with a hotel integrated softwares. i have a very good land location suitable for hotel in port harcourt, and land suitable for building a renting houses. at a very cheap price. i am a civil engineer, i can handle the projects perfectly. if interested, call me on:08157041104.
Engr Gordon.
(Double integration Multi-Projects Services).
Re: What Area Of Businesses Can Be Invested In Without The Owner Running It Hisself. by Jalive: 9:59pm On May 08, 2015
ibl0010:

One of the best ways to invest your money is through the foreign exchange market.
Since you live abroad you can do your research about forex.
Fixed deposit is good investment but will get you just 8% ROI per annum.
We manage forex accounts and we guarantee you a 10% ROI monthly. That's 120% per annum.
You will fund your forex account yourself and we will trade it on your behalf.
You have control over your account and no one can withdraw except you.
You are not giving any money directly to anybody.
Our services will be paid by agreed sharing formula in % of the profit.
This agreement will be signed in the presence of both our Lawyers.

You can contact us on 08096575333
Re: What Area Of Businesses Can Be Invested In Without The Owner Running It Hisself. by MrMcJay(m): 11:17pm On May 08, 2015
An investment that guarantees lifelong returns is University Students Private Hostels.

Students of Government-owned higher-institutions constantly suffer shortage of campus hostels. Hence, investors and private individuals build student hostels and let them to the students.

Considering the fact that Lagos is a cosmopolitan city, land may be quite on the high side to embark on a project like this. However, if you look at Ogun State for instance, it has lots higher institutions and relative lower cost of land compared to Lagos. This makes it more viable.

Take schools like Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta (FUNAAB) or Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) for instance, you can easily get plots of land for around 1.5M and build hostels on them.

Hostels in FUNAAB are let out between 80-150k per annum depending on aesthetic beauty and facilities.

If you build a 30-room hostel of self-contained rooms, and you charge 100k per room, you are guaranteed about 3M per year. More rooms can be build depending on the investor.

You can bill per session or per year, it depends in the investor.

More details can be discussed on request or you can ask questions in this thread.

you can send me an email at:
:
biz.lawyer(at)consultant.com

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: What Area Of Businesses Can Be Invested In Without The Owner Running It Hisself. by ifebosco: 11:02am On May 10, 2015
MrMcJay:
An investment that guarantees lifelong returns is University Students Private Hostels.

Students of Government-owned higher-institutions constantly suffer shortage of campus hostels. Hence, investors and private individuals build student hostels and let them to the students.

Considering the fact that Lagos is a cosmopolitan city, land may be quite on the high side to embark on a project like this. However, if you look at Ogun State for instance, it has lots higher institutions and relative lower cost of land compared to Lagos. This makes it more viable.

Take schools like Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta (FUNAAB) or Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) for instance, you can easily get plots of land for around 1.5M and build hostels on them.

Hostels in FUNAAB are let out between 80-150k per annum depending on aesthetic beauty and facilities.

If you build a 30-room hostel of self-contained rooms, and you charge 100k per room, you are guaranteed about 3M per year. More rooms can be build depending on the investor.

You can bill per session or per year, it depends in the investor.

More details can be discussed on request or you can ask questions in this thread.

you can send me an email at:
:
biz.lawyer(at)consultant.com

Thanks.
What is the cost to build 30rooms hostel?
Re: What Area Of Businesses Can Be Invested In Without The Owner Running It Hisself. by ogawisdom(m): 4:41pm On May 10, 2015
ifebosco:
What is the cost to build 30rooms hostel?

Good question
A room with kitchen, toilet n bathroom
Re: What Area Of Businesses Can Be Invested In Without The Owner Running It Hisself. by engrgordon(m): 9:55pm On May 10, 2015
ogawisdom:

Good question

Re: What Area Of Businesses Can Be Invested In Without The Owner Running It Hisself. by engrgordon(m): 9:57pm On May 10, 2015
ogawisdom:

Good question

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Multi Billion Dollar Untapped Gemstone Deposits In Nigeria / Is This Bitcoin Business Worth It? What Are The Risks? / What Profitable Business Can I Do With One Million Naira Within One Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.