Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,072 members, 7,821,678 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Is This Right Or Morally Wrong to pray in pidgin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is This Right Or Morally Wrong to pray in pidgin? (894 Views)

Christians Allow Muslims To Pray Inside Church After Mosque's Closure / Apostle Suleman To Pray With Donald Trump And Mayor Of Washington. / 5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Right Or Morally Wrong to pray in pidgin? by Nobody: 4:09pm On May 03, 2015
"oboy you no the go church ?" my neighbour queried with a quizzical demeanour.

"i never for once see you go church before, abi you be demon?" he added, taking a seat beside me.

" see this one o when i start to the go church dem never born you" i said.

After engaging in trival argument on who goes to church most, he further invited me to his church, to avoid be seen as a demon i cuncured.

That was last Sunday , and today, i found myself honouring his invitation. This morning, we went to church, his church to be precise. The sexy female usher gave us the heads up, and our heads bow, we walked in.

We sat together, my eyes scanning through the congregation and finally settling on the auditorium. A pastor stood and beckoned on all to their feet.

It was time for worship, my head bowed, i joined in the solemn assembly.

"may a sister and a brother raise their voice to praise the almighty after which we will all join our voices together to thank........" the pastor said.

Almost synchronously to when he stopped, a female voiced pierced through the still hall. Seconds later, voices of those sharing in the spirit, rang out through the building, speaking in tongues, they were obviously in the spirit, my neighbour even joined and i was like "thunder fire this dude, just this morning wey the shepe wey im carry come nyash leave, he's here speaking in tongues" i refrained my hands from getting to his back cause it definitely would have been a smack. Me and him na who be demon?

Immediately when the female ended the prayer, a worship song was sang, i basked in the euphoria spiritual moment too, abi i no be child of God?

And then it was time for a male to pray, here was the big deal. My guys, a guy beside me prayed, he prayed in pidgin. His prayer line went thus, if i can recall all.

" oh baba j, na your hands we dey o, i wan give you praise o for wetin you do give me, today you do make we see another day, we chop well......." he continued, but was however stopped by a bell rung by the pastor.

"please can another pray? Sorry we don't use such language in our church" I was like WTF! Abi pidgin no be language again?

As far as God will hear your prayers, it dosent matter if you used vernacular or not, pidgin or English, abeg all na language.

Forgive me if i bored you with the story, all am trying to ask here is; was the pastor right? is it right for him to have used pidgin? Does it matter if we use pidgin for praying? Right or morally wrong?

Happy Sunday guys.
Cc: lalastica, ishilove.
Re: Is This Right Or Morally Wrong to pray in pidgin? by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 03, 2015
Lols...... it's nt wrong nau..... God dey hear all languages...... Dat pastor no be correct pastor jare.
Re: Is This Right Or Morally Wrong to pray in pidgin? by Hybrid600: 5:57pm On May 03, 2015
That pastor brain don wet wit water when he take baf!
I don't see anything wrong. Does it mean Praying in a local dialect is wrong too?
Re: Is This Right Or Morally Wrong to pray in pidgin? by Wakins(m): 5:58pm On May 03, 2015
Lolz
Re: Is This Right Or Morally Wrong to pray in pidgin? by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 03, 2015
adeh39:
Lols...... it's nt wrong nau..... God dey hear all languages...... Dat pastor no be correct pastor jare.
i tell you o, i shock sef. Wait first, adeh is this you? I think say you don kpai o longest time
Re: Is This Right Or Morally Wrong to pray in pidgin? by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 03, 2015
Hybrid600:
That pastor brain don wet wit water when he take baf!
I don't see anything wrong. Does it mean Praying in a local dialect is wrong too?
i no know for am o
Re: Is This Right Or Morally Wrong to pray in pidgin? by ifyan(m): 6:39pm On May 03, 2015
Africans downgrading themselves since the time of imm....

(1) (Reply)

France's "Highest Honour" Awarded To The 4 Heroes Who Stopped Terrorist On Train / CONFIRMED: Thursday September 24 Is Eid-el-kabir (sallah) / What Should I Do In This Situation ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.