Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,912 members, 7,814,079 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Dinosaurs Bones Found In Bonny Island? - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Dinosaurs Bones Found In Bonny Island? (8753 Views)

We Buy Cattle Bones / Animal Bones Processing Market Research / Electric Bone Crushing Machine Can Grind Different Kinds Of Animal Bones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dinosaurs Bones Found In Bonny Island? by lonngmann(m): 5:41pm On May 03, 2015
I doubt if that is a dinosaur, the bones don't look like that of an animal that has been dead for million of years
Re: Dinosaurs Bones Found In Bonny Island? by ceejayluv(m): 5:41pm On May 03, 2015
qbd2:
Hmm, how are we sure these biones weren't just copnstructed to look like a dinosaur? Just look at d bone on d head, it looks to me like it couda been a rib bione. Meanwhile dinosairs don't even exist in our legends, how com e r now finding it in naija?
Guess you're referring to dragons. And yes, the dragon legends started after the discovery of dinosaur skeletons several centuries ago.

1 Like

Re: Dinosaurs Bones Found In Bonny Island? by omenka(m): 5:43pm On May 03, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Where is the excavation site?
Exactly my question, judging from the topic.

Stuff was most likely brought in from elsewhere. If it had been discovered here, the media would have gotten into a frenzy over such a massive find.
Re: Dinosaurs Bones Found In Bonny Island? by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 03, 2015
Scam

*but it's none of my business*
Re: Dinosaurs Bones Found In Bonny Island? by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 03, 2015
Big fat lie I'm in bonny island, & nothing like this happened
Re: Dinosaurs Bones Found In Bonny Island? by Chanchit: 5:46pm On May 03, 2015
temitemi1:
Oremussanctus my main man.
. Oloshi! So u sef dey happy say u get mentor. Any, I need a pix of how thatbone was discovered from maybe 17ft not a washed up lab experiment.
Re: Dinosaurs Bones Found In Bonny Island? by just2endowed: 5:46pm On May 03, 2015
Nairaland wont kill me.... Lol.... Where is the excarvation site? And if truly its a dinasours, believe me it wont be on that open field for heaven sake. I know nairalanders can be brain wash in believing something that is fake.

In secondary school then, we have a skeleton in our biology lab then. We do tell other school that its real skeleton, and that made everyone to come die to see it.

Lol nairaland, u reminds me of old days jor
Re: Dinosaurs Bones Found In Bonny Island? by ijawgirl: 5:47pm On May 03, 2015
u removed it from the front page undecided
Re: Dinosaurs Bones Found In Bonny Island? by just2endowed: 5:49pm On May 03, 2015
ijawgirl:
u removed it from the front page undecided

The mod need to be flog I swear
Re: Dinosaurs Bones Found In Bonny Island? by ajealadick(m): 5:50pm On May 03, 2015
Millions of years ago the Nigerian Delta was a giant marsh land. The fossils left by the dead prehistoric animals are responsible for the large quantity of oil we have here.
Re: Dinosaurs Bones Found In Bonny Island? by Nobody: 5:50pm On May 03, 2015
omenka:
I wonder if it was "found" there or taken there. How come we never heard of any such discovery all this while??

From the topic, what I expected to see was palaeontologists working at a site and not the pics above. Sure it is a dinosaur's remains, but I have some doubts about its origin (Bonny).

No one will sell that to a Nigerian university n a Nigerian university won't even buy that ...
Re: Dinosaurs Bones Found In Bonny Island? by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 03, 2015
omenka:
I wonder if it was "found" there or taken there. How come we never heard of any such discovery all this while??

From the topic, what I expected to see was palaeontologists working at a site and not the pics above. Sure it is a dinosaur's remains, but I have some doubts about its origin (Bonny).
its because its not from Benue state that's why. Dinonsaurs remains will evem migrate out of your state with the constant groans of civil servants for their salaries
Re: Dinosaurs Bones Found In Bonny Island? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:59pm On May 03, 2015
omenka:
Exactly my question, judging from the topic.

Stuff was most likely brought in from elsewhere. If it had been discovered here, the media would have gotten into a frenzy over such a massive find.
Those bones look too fresh to have been recently excavated.
Re: Dinosaurs Bones Found In Bonny Island? by ijawgirl: 6:04pm On May 03, 2015
Ishilove
Re: Dinosaurs Bones Found In Bonny Island? by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 03, 2015
ceejayluv:

Guess you're referring to dragons. And yes, the dragon legends started after the discovery of dinosaur skeletons several centuries ago.
Noo, I meant dinosaur. Dats what d op was talking about right? And have dinosaur skeletons been discobvered?
Re: Dinosaurs Bones Found In Bonny Island? by shamecurls(m): 6:21pm On May 03, 2015
These bush meat go sweet well........... shocked
Re: Dinosaurs Bones Found In Bonny Island? by ceejayluv(m): 6:23pm On May 03, 2015
qbd2:

Noo, I meant dinosaur. Dats what d op was talking about right? And have dinosaur skeletons been discobvered?
Of course dinosaur skeletons have been discovered all over the world....

1 Like

Re: Dinosaurs Bones Found In Bonny Island? by sigmundfreud(m): 6:45pm On May 03, 2015
Pictures and I still don't believe it grin
Re: Dinosaurs Bones Found In Bonny Island? by trustwilson(m): 7:05pm On May 03, 2015
Incredible
Re: Dinosaurs Bones Found In Bonny Island? by ow11(m): 10:46am On Jul 20, 2015
Those are most likely bones of a beached Whale rather than a dinosaur fossil. The Niger delta formed in the Paleocene (just after the dinosaurs died out) and the rocks of that age are at least 10 km deep in the Bonny area. There are NO outcrops to find such bones on the surface in such a preserved form.
Re: Dinosaurs Bones Found In Bonny Island? by itstpia8: 6:08pm On Oct 31, 2015
Re: Dinosaurs Bones Found In Bonny Island? by raphaeladex: 2:25pm On Nov 01, 2015
How are they able to detect that bones are from dinosaurs?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? / 9 Weeks Old Noilers For Sale In Ibandan / Customized Irrigation Solutions for Plantain, Cocoa & other tree Crops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.