Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Did Jesus Die For His Sin Or Cluelessness? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Die For His Sin Or Cluelessness? (1741 Views)

Can Jesus Die For Our Sins? / Part 1: Questionable Doctrine Of JW: Did Jesus Die On A Cross Or Stake? / Kissing And Caressing But No Sex, Is It A Sin Or No Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Jesus Die For His Sin Or Cluelessness? by Sirniyeh(m): 6:36pm On May 03, 2015
Pls, we need those who understand Bible to shed light on this issue.

Where is it written in the bible that Jesus will die at age of 33?

Where is it written in the bible before Jesus was born that He will die on the cross?

Where is it written as prophecy that he will die for the sin of man kind?

It's unfortunate that most obsessed christians will not want to dissect to know that which is the truth.

it's very conspicuous that Jesus died for his
1. Lukewarmness
2. Cluelessness
3. Over confidence

No controversy about that!

While on the Cross, jesus lamented, He screamed:

"GOD WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?"

That was when he realised his mistake. He entered a town and began preaching, claiming their is a Super King that is more powerful than King Herod. They sought for him. He had priviledge of escape because Peter and co were ready to protect him. That was where his mistake lied. He never knew he could be killed. He insinuated perhaps he could convince the king as well. But eventually he regretted his action.

Who can go to sambisa forest to preach to Shekau?

That's foolishness. He died for his mistake and not my sin

6 Likes

Re: Did Jesus Die For His Sin Or Cluelessness? by kodded(m): 6:47pm On May 03, 2015
please ignore this lunatic ............ his infirmity is beyond man's level

2 Likes

Re: Did Jesus Die For His Sin Or Cluelessness? by faray: 6:54pm On May 03, 2015
may God save your precious soul...Jesus came to this world to save you from eternal destruction pls give him a chance in your life...don't perish in hell..Jesus loves & cares for you

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Jesus Die For His Sin Or Cluelessness? by Sirniyeh(m): 6:56pm On May 03, 2015
faray:
may God save your precious soul...Jesus came to this world to save you from eternal destruction pls give him a chance in your life...don't perish in hell..Jesus loves & cares for you

Thank you Gob bless

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Die For His Sin Or Cluelessness? by Sirniyeh(m): 6:58pm On May 03, 2015
kodded:
please ignore this lunatic ............ his infirmity is beyond man's level

You are already at the break of destruction by virtue of your obsessed mind. May God deliver you

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Die For His Sin Or Cluelessness? by Ufranklin92(m): 7:00pm On May 03, 2015
na satan born you@op

fooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

2 Likes

Re: Did Jesus Die For His Sin Or Cluelessness? by redvektor(m): 7:03pm On May 03, 2015
Jos here 2 read comments
Re: Did Jesus Die For His Sin Or Cluelessness? by kodded(m): 7:10pm On May 03, 2015
[s]
Sirniyeh:

You are already at the break of destruction by virtue of your obsessed mind. May God deliver you
[/s] yaba left candidate go and read the book of Isaiah

2 Likes

Re: Did Jesus Die For His Sin Or Cluelessness? by dulux07(m): 7:16pm On May 03, 2015
Go n study d bible very well, before u start making silly comments, they were prophesis in old testament abt d coming of christ especially rm John d baptist
Re: Did Jesus Die For His Sin Or Cluelessness? by siegfried99(m): 7:18pm On May 03, 2015
The OP is what happens when u smoke okwale weed for the first time grin

May God forgive u undecided
Re: Did Jesus Die For His Sin Or Cluelessness? by Shortyy(f): 7:18pm On May 03, 2015
#yawns.. when a mad person steals a phone
Re: Did Jesus Die For His Sin Or Cluelessness? by mekonglobal(m): 7:21pm On May 03, 2015
I think a river dat one is aware of its depth, does not worth diving into esp if u are not gud a swimmer.
Re: Did Jesus Die For His Sin Or Cluelessness? by Sirniyeh(m): 7:51pm On May 03, 2015
mekonglobal:
I think a river dat one is aware of its depth, does not worth diving into esp if u are not gud a swimmer.

Hun un un ORO AGBA!
Re: Did Jesus Die For His Sin Or Cluelessness? by MuttleyLaff: 10:56am On May 04, 2015
Sirniyeh:
Without suggesting OP, people fumble understanding the Bible because they havent learned to be humble with the Bible

Sirniyeh:
If the Bible is dug deep enough like somewhere in the OT,
there it will be found where it is prohesised written in the bible that Jesus will die at age of 33

Sirniyeh:
Where is it written in the bible before Jesus was born that He will die on the cross?
This is Bible 101 question

Sirniyeh:
Another Bible 101 question

Sirniyeh:
It's unfortunate that most obsessed christians will not want to dissect to know that which is the truth.
1. Lukewarmness
2. Cluelessness
3. Over confidence
No controversy about someone showing off their clueless helmet here

Sirniyeh:
That was when he realised his mistake. He entered a town and began preaching, claiming their is a Super King that is more powerful than King Herod. They sought for him. He had priviledge of escape because Peter and co were ready to protect him. That was where his mistake lied. He never knew he could be killed. He insinuated perhaps he could convince the king as well. But eventually he regretted his action.
To understand the "FORSAKEN" bit, we need to recognise or remember what happened after the original sin crept in
Think about Adam, what was the significant thing that happened to him after he accepted and ate the fruit

Please dust up a Bible and read Psalm 22 alongside Isaiah 53.

Sirniyeh:
That's foolishness.
Foolishness exactly!
And considering the circumstance, not the wisest thing to do, at least not for now.
After the army have executed their campaign there then one go to sambisa forest to preach.

Matthew 10:16 - Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

Sirniyeh:
He died for his mistake and not my sin
Make no mistake, He died for your sin and this missed-the-mark thread you posted or opened up here

mekonglobal:
Even if you are aware of its depth, good swimmers who arent careful have been known to get pulled by the undercurrents

Sirniyeh:

Hun un un ORO AGBA!
With a response like the above OP has concurred that looking at the water from a safe distance
and with a life-jacket strapped on for good measure
is a wise and better option instead of diving in to see
Re: Did Jesus Die For His Sin Or Cluelessness? by Sirniyeh(m): 1:05pm On May 04, 2015
MuttleyLaff:

Without suggesting OP, people fumble understanding the Bible because they havent learned to be humble with the Bible

If the Bible is dug deep enough like somewhere in the OT,
there it will be found where it is prohesised written in the bible that Jesus will die at age of 33

This is Bible 101 question

Another Bible 101 question

No controversy about someone showing off their clueless helmet here

To understand the "FORSAKEN" bit, we need to recognise or remember what happened after the original sin crept in
Think about Adam, what was the significant thing that happened to him after he accepted and ate the fruit

Please dust up a Bible and read Psalm 22 alongside Isaiah 53.

Foolishness exactly!
And considering the circumstance, not the wisest thing to do, at least not for now.
After the army have executed their campaign there then one go to sambisa forest to preach.

Matthew 10:16 - Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

Make no mistake, He died for your sin and this missed-the-mark thread you posted or opened up here

Even if you are aware of its depth, good swimmers who arent careful have been known to get pulled by the undercurrents

With a response like the above OP has concurred that looking at the water from a safe distance
and with a life-jacket strapped on for good measure
is a wise and better option instead of diving in to see

Weldone
Re: Did Jesus Die For His Sin Or Cluelessness? by Sirniyeh(m): 1:15pm On May 04, 2015
99% of the self-acclaimed Christians on this forum are baptised with PRIDE. It is only a clueless person that will reply a post with insult because that are empty in their brain to clarify issues.

Suppossing you go for an evangelism and an aetheist asks you such question, will you abuse or curse him? It is your responsibility to make him understand what he never did. A lot of Jehovah Witness members face severe challenges in the course of their evangelism, yet they will never resort to quarrel or fight.

The responses so far on this thread prove that the over-pompous Christians here are men and women with empty skull.

Jesus himself was questioned. And the same bible states that study to show yourself approved. Lack of sufficient knowledge is an avenue for devil to prevail over person.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Jesus Die For His Sin Or Cluelessness? by MuttleyLaff: 1:43pm On May 04, 2015
Sirniyeh:
99% of the self-acclaimed Christians on this forum are baptised with PRIDE.
Dont subscribe that 99% of the self-acclaimed Christians on this forum are baptised with PRIDE
That is an exaggeration unless you have the statistics to back it up with

Sirniyeh:
It is only a clueless person that will reply a post with insult because that are empty in their brain to clarify issues.
Have you been personally insulted in the forum or on this thread

Sirniyeh:
Suppossing you go for an evangelism and an aetheist asks you such question, will you abuse or curse him? It is your responsibility to make him understand what he never did. A lot of Jehovah Witness members face severe challenges in the course of their evangelism, yet they will never resort to quarrel or fight.
The responsibility is to be a lover and not a fighter
Besides Matthew 15:26, Matthew 7:6, Proverbs 23:9 and Proverbs 26:4 are very instructional in matters of this sort

Sirniyeh:
The responses so far on this thread prove that the over-pompous Christians here are men and women with empty skull.
This is a figment of imagination
Actually they might be aligning their responses to what's in; Proverbs 26:4 - Do not answer a fool with his own stupidity, or you will be like him.

Note that using fool in that verse, is not to denigrate but meaning, not answer one, not wise in making right thinking or decisions

Sirniyeh:
Jesus himself was questioned.
That is true, and He is still available for questioning.
He still can be directly questioned or be questioned by proxy of the Holy Spirit

Sirniyeh:
And the same bible states that study to show yourself approved.
True, well, so a challenge it apparently is.
So the bible states that study to show yourself approved
but it certainly didnt state, study to run down or cast aspersions, as done on the original post

Sirniyeh:
Lack of sufficient knowledge is an avenue for devil to prevail over person.
Welldone, cant agree more with you on this.
Also anything that worths doing at all, like for example truly knowing about God,
then it is equally worths doing substantially well...!
if not, it is an avenue for devil to prevail over in that area

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Die For His Sin Or Cluelessness? by mmsen: 3:13pm On May 04, 2015
It's just a myth.
Re: Did Jesus Die For His Sin Or Cluelessness? by Sirniyeh(m): 4:40pm On May 04, 2015
MUTTLEYLAFF: Weldone. You wan scatter my head

Owocko wocko......lol
Re: Did Jesus Die For His Sin Or Cluelessness? by Image123(m): 5:23pm On May 07, 2015
Sirniyeh:

The real issue is "What do you need the light for?" Energy conservation is not only physical you know?

Where is it written in the Bible that Jesus died at the age of 33?

Jesus Himself said that He would be hung on a tree for the purpose of salvation, and that people will look to Him to live like it was done in the wilderness in the time of Moses.
Joh 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

Num 21:7 Therefore the people came to Moses, and said, We have sinned, for we have spoken against the LORD, and against thee; pray unto the LORD, that he take away the serpents from us. And Moses prayed for the people.
Num 21:8 And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live.
Num 21:9 And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.

ALSO, the Psalms and Prophets are quite descriptive of the crucifixion idea.
Psa 22:1 My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?
Psa 22:16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have enclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.
Psa 22:17 I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me.
Psa 22:18 They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.

Zec 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Joh 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
Isa 53:11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

1. Lukewarmness
2. Cluelessness
3. Over confidence

It's unfortunate you feel that way.

That's foolishness. He died for his mistake and not my sin
You have a right to your opinions and decisions, however, note that you do not solely determine the consequences of your decisions and opinions.

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Die For His Sin Or Cluelessness? by Geegee145: 8:23am On May 10, 2015
JESUS died to wash our sins away. He knew he would die. He didn't die out of cluelessness.

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Die For His Sin Or Cluelessness? by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 12, 2015
Geegee145:
JESUS died to wash our sins away. He knew he would die. He didn't die out of cluelessness.
He died for being stupid. A carpenter's son should know better than boast of being God's son. What an insult to the Yahweh worshipping community.
Re: Did Jesus Die For His Sin Or Cluelessness? by texanomaly(f): 7:19pm On May 12, 2015
^^^ undecided
Re: Did Jesus Die For His Sin Or Cluelessness? by Nobody: 11:05am On May 13, 2015
texanomaly:
^^^ undecided

grin
hi kiss
Re: Did Jesus Die For His Sin Or Cluelessness? by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 13, 2015
I don't understand how people can believe in God and I have one simple reason over all my other reasons why he doesn't exist. People say God's love is unconditional, he even killed his son (who was really himself) for us to all be forgiven? But isn't that in itself a horrendous and horrible act? If God loved us so much, why does he punish us rather than lead us down the right road? Why do hundreds of people die everyday by things they cant even control like starvation, thirst, slavery abuse and everything else on the list? Why are little children who haven't even had a chance to be born into the world and discover God born into poverty or genocide? Like what the hell? You love us so much yet you decide since Eve ate a damn fruit, we all suffer.
Re: Did Jesus Die For His Sin Or Cluelessness? by texanomaly(f): 6:21pm On May 13, 2015
musKeeto:

grin
hi kiss

Miss you. kiss
Re: Did Jesus Die For His Sin Or Cluelessness? by Image123(m): 9:39pm On May 13, 2015
musKeeto:

He died for being stupid. A carpenter's son should know better than boast of being God's son. What an insult to the Yahweh worshipping community.

Okay, He's a carpenter's son but not God's Son?
Re: Did Jesus Die For His Sin Or Cluelessness? by malvisguy212: 10:39pm On May 13, 2015
Image123:

The real issue is "What do you need the light for?" Energy conservation is not only physical you know?

Where is it written in the Bible that Jesus died at the age of 33?

Jesus Himself said that He would be hung on a tree for the purpose of salvation, and that people will look to Him to live like it was done in the wilderness in the time of Moses.
Joh 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

Num 21:7 Therefore the people came to Moses, and said, We have sinned, for we have spoken against the LORD, and against thee; pray unto the LORD, that he take away the serpents from us. And Moses prayed for the people.
Num 21:8 And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live.
Num 21:9 And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.

ALSO, the Psalms and Prophets are quite descriptive of the crucifixion idea.
Psa 22:1 My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?
Psa 22:16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have enclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.
Psa 22:17 I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me.
Psa 22:18 They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.

Zec 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Joh 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
Isa 53:11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

It's unfortunate you feel that way.

You have a right to your opinions and decisions, however, note that you do not solely determine the consequences of your decisions and opinions.
Weldon bro.nice job

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Die For His Sin Or Cluelessness? by MuttleyLaff: 10:40pm On May 13, 2015
Geegee145:

musKeeto:
He died for being stupid.
A carpenter's son should know better than boast of being God's son. What an insult to the Yahweh worshipping community.
Guess who said:
"The Father loves me because I sacrifice my life so I may take it back again.
No one can take my life from me. I sacrifice it voluntarily.
For I have the authority to lay it down when I want to and also to take it up again.
For this is what my Father has commanded."

Guess who said "Eli Eli lama sabachthani"
Guess what it really means?
Re: Did Jesus Die For His Sin Or Cluelessness? by MuttleyLaff: 10:41pm On May 13, 2015
B4113y:
I don't understand how people can believe in God and I have one simple reason over all my other reasons why he doesn't exist.
Believing or belief in God is a faith thing, a grace thing, and also a gift, free to all

B4113y:
People say God's love is unconditional, he even killed his son (who was really himself) for us to all be forgiven?
Yes, God's love is agape, unconditional.
His Son (incidentally who really is Him, God) died for us. His Son was set up and killed by men but not killed by God

B4113y:
But isn't that in itself a horrendous and horrible act?
Yes, it is a horrendous and horrible, but it is leading by example, a demonstration of selflessness, showing great concern for other people and little or no concern for yourself
or for our sake, dying to self as it were

B4113y:
If God loved us so much, why does he punish us rather than lead us down the right road?
The Lord's Prayer has all the leads we ever need
For example, the proper rendering from Aramaic of "Give us this day our daily bread" part of The Lord's Prayer is:
"Give us this day our NEEDFUL TRUTH, NEEDFUL UNDERSTANDING from day to day"

Also the proper rendering from Aramaic of "And lead us not into temptation," another part from The Lord's Prayer is:
"And DO NOT LET US ENTER into temptation,"
or this Benjamin Franklin version: "Keep us out of trouble"

All signposts needed for this journey on earth are in the Lord's Prayer

B4113y:
Why do hundreds of people die everyday by things they cant even control like starvation, thirst, slavery abuse and everything else on the list?
I can give becauses to no ends
but will be content with because "starvation, thirst, slavery abuse and everything else on the list" comes with opening the pandora jar

B4113y:
Why are little children who haven't even had a chance to be born into the world and discover God born into poverty or genocide?
because He has a bigger plan, remember He said: "Let the children come to me. Don't stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children.
Also Paul wrote:
But--to use the words of Scripture--we speak of things which eye has not seen nor ear heard,
and which have never entered the heart of man: all that God has in readiness for them that love Him

B4113y:
Like what the hell?
If venting fury, will help, please vent shedloads but do not mistake that God has lost control or is out of control. God is very much in control of all things

B4113y:
You love us so much
Is God to be blamed for making Himself vulnerable?
God's love can not be questioned or can not be doubted. Are parents' love ever questioned or ever doubted?
I doubt, even when things didnt look that rosy, that you've for a second, ever doubted your Mum's love for you

B4113y:
yet you decide since Eve ate a damn fruit, we all suffer.
The ground being cursed because of Adam is why we all suffer

B4113y, you no doubt have a bone, a very big bone for that matter, you want to pick with God.
This is allowed, as a lot seems to be bothering and bugging you
but also learn to always look on the bright side of life, as this side of life, is extremely very small when compared with the other side of it and eternity
God is just, fair and right so allay whatever fears, concerns etc you might have been harbouring
Re: Did Jesus Die For His Sin Or Cluelessness? by Freegift75: 12:18am On Oct 05, 2016
It's unfortunate that most posters here seem not to understand their bible.

I %100 go with the OP.

If truly he was a spiritual man, he was endowed with the spirit of vision, why would he had subjected himself to be captured just easily.

He was purposely endowed with discerning spirit for his guide and guard. He saw evil coming and waited for it hopefully he could overcome it with mere prayer.

Imagine, why will Adeboye run for his life at the sight of Shekau coming to the altar? He ought to have waited and make history that it is the will of God.

I beg let the truth prevail

(1) (Reply)

Tarikatul Sheik Ahmadu Tijjani(rta) / Seed Of Destiny Daily Devotional By Pastor Paul Eneche 21 JULY 2015 / If Bible Prophecies Are True.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.