Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Understanding Hamas 101 - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Understanding Hamas 101 (1253 Views)

God Is Protecting Israel Complains Hamas Terrorists / PHOTO: Injured Hamas Terrorist Is Taken To Israeli Hospital / Hamas Military Chief Killed In Israeli Airstrike, War Says Hamas!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Understanding Hamas 101 by Nobody: 3:13am On Feb 05, 2009
1. HAMAS is not fighting an occupation . . . it simply believes Israel is an affront to Islam.
Israel, by virtue of its being Jewish and of having a Jewish population, defies Islam and the Muslims. (Hamas Charter, Article 28)

- and i thought Meshaal and co were only worried about "occupations". shocked

2. [size=14pt]"The day will come, within several years, when this world will change, submitting to the Arab Islamic will, Allah willing."
(Hamas leader Khaled Meshaal, Al Jazeera TV, October 12, 2008).
[/size]

[flash=448,361]http://i78.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid78.photobucket.com/albums/j82/davidylan/KhaledMeshaal1.flv[/flash]

- Uh oh . . . from "resistance" to Nigerians and Mexicans submitting to arabs? shocked When did Ijebu become part of Gaza?
Re: Understanding Hamas 101 by Nobody: 5:39pm On Feb 05, 2009
uh oh . . . i noticed those who label us "haters" and neocons have not been here.
If i had put up the Likud party manifesto i'd be getting way more traffic. grin
Re: Understanding Hamas 101 by argent(f): 6:18pm On Feb 05, 2009
I wonder why people keep saying muslims and Christians are serving the same God. The whole essence of muslims' existence is to wipe out the Jews and the Christians. We obviously dont serve the same God.
Re: Understanding Hamas 101 by Nobody: 7:28pm On Feb 05, 2009
Chei . . . is the truth too hot to handle? grin
Re: Understanding Hamas 101 by TayoD1(m): 9:44pm On Feb 05, 2009
@topic,

RichyBlack's apt statment readily comes to mind again. 

"Hamas is a large establishment and it is very unfortunate that some undisciplined elements within Hamas" (in this case Khaled Meshaal) "have resorted to these kinds of measures."
Re: Understanding Hamas 101 by Ellyptical: 11:43pm On Feb 05, 2009
The disappointing person of RichyBlack never sees these kind of threads!
Islam is a demonic religion. Why?
Look at it this way. The Christians say the supreme creator is God, the Muslims say it is Allah. Now, whoever this supreme creator is, both sides agree he created all men and gives life to all. If Allah is really the creator of the world, why does he enjoy bloodshed? Why does he love to see his own creation die? Does a creator love to see his creation destroyed? No! Even if that creation has turned against the creator, he still gives him a chance and does not instruct his people to kill "the jews and the Christians" in the name of a jihad.
Only the enemy of the creator (Allah the Demon) loves to see the creation of the supreme creator dead. The creator will not love to see his creation (even the ones that have turned against him) killed and wasted for the simple reason of being an "infidel".
The world would have been a better and more peaceful place if Mohammad was NEVER born!
Take it or leave it.
Re: Understanding Hamas 101 by bawomolo(m): 11:48pm On Feb 05, 2009
two religious sects battling it out. he he
Re: Understanding Hamas 101 by Nobody: 6:01pm On Feb 06, 2009
Re: Understanding Hamas 101 by Nobody: 6:25pm On Feb 06, 2009
UN halts aid to GAZA

i think they would blame Israel as usual
Re: Understanding Hamas 101 by RichyBlacK(m): 7:54pm On Feb 06, 2009
Ellyptical:

The disappointing person of RichyBlack never sees these kind of threads!
Islam is a demonic religion. Why?
Look at it this way. The Christians say the supreme creator is God, the Muslims say it is Allah. Now, whoever this supreme creator is, both sides agree he created all men and gives life to all. If Allah is really the creator of the world, why does he enjoy bloodshed? Why does he love to see his own creation die? Does a creator love to see his creation destroyed? No! Even if that creation has turned against the creator, he still gives him a chance and does not instruct his people to kill "the jews and the Christians" in the name of a jihad.
Only the enemy of the creator (Allah the Demon) loves to see the creation of the supreme creator dead. The creator will not love to see his creation (even the ones that have turned against him) killed and wasted for the simple reason of being an "infidel".
The world would have been a better and more peaceful place if Mohammad was NEVER born!
Take it or leave it.

Why do you like talking like an agbero? What is the issue with this statement? "The day will come, within several years, when this world will change, submitting to the Arab Islamic will, Allah willing." This is merely a statement of belief and not necessarily of intent. Hence, it should be summarily ignored as a mere dream. Last time I checked, it was not a crime to dream!

I've heard a Christian minister say this: "The day will come, when this world will end, and all the unbelievers will burn in hell fire forever. God is true to His words" So, should we arrest the minister for planning to send billions of people to hell? Of course not. Unless, he is planning to send people to hell, merely making religious statements of belief is of no meaningful consequence and should be ignored.

What do you say about a scientist making this claim: "The day will come when the Sun will die, and along with, it every form of life on earth." Should we go arrest the scientist for "planning" to kill every life on earth? Or maybe he is planning to kill the Sun grin. The statement is merely a claim made based on scientific predictions of the future of our solar system, and not a statement of intent.

@Ellyptical, you should learn to reason properly, because the kindergarten mindset you keep displaying is wearing thin!
Re: Understanding Hamas 101 by Nobody: 8:04pm On Feb 06, 2009
Richy . . . you know as well as i do that when Meshaal makes statements like that it is not mere wishful thinking. Muslims are preparing armies to force allah's "will" down our throats. you and your fellow dhimmis can go on ranting.
Re: Understanding Hamas 101 by RichyBlacK(m): 8:18pm On Feb 06, 2009
davidylan:

Richy . . . you know as well as i do that when Meshaal makes statements like that it is not mere wishful thinking. Muslims are preparing armies to force allah's "will" down our throats. you and your fellow dhimmis can go on ranting.

David, I encourage you to go read the history of this pipe dream. Go read about the famous Battle of Tours, which occurred in France about 1,300 years ago. That dream of forcing Islam on the planet, by force, died in France! They couldn't do it 1,300 years ago and they cannot do it in the next 130,000 years! It will not happen and there is no need to be afraid of that. Moreover, such a pipe dream is only harbored by the extremists, who are a loud minority within Islam - loud and noisy, but still a minority group!

I will re-post  my short article on the "battle fronts" faced by extremists with pipe dreams of forcing Islam on the entire world. Even Adolf Hitler, with the backing of the intimidating army of the Third Reich, more massive and more determined than any extremist can dream of, was unable to subdue the whole of Europe, how much less the entire world. Hitler was routed on two of the fronts I talked about in my short article - the Russian front and the American front.
Re: Understanding Hamas 101 by RichyBlacK(m): 8:18pm On Feb 06, 2009
RichyBlacK:
Well, I don't believe every Muslim thinks that way. I have Muslim friends and I know some that have attended "Save Darfur" protests and marches. I have a close friend from Egypt, a Muslim, who sees nothing good in Mubarak's stranglehold of Egyptian politics.

However, I understand where you're coming from. Sometimes Muslims are slow to criticize their corrupt governments and even slower to openly condemn undisputed acts of barbarism by extremists within Islam. This, I think, is as a result of a two-pronged fear:

1. Fear of being harmed, especially for those residing in oppressive states
2. Fear of making fellow members of the Ummah look bad in the eyes of outsiders.

Over the last 50 years, extremism has taken a lethal blow, and it is becoming less popular. I firmly believe that the future of our planet has no place for extremists, of any religion. And slowly, but surely, those Muslims who believe that the world must bow to their own interpretation of Islam would be locked in a perpetual state of backwardness.

Any student of history, would realize that even Christianity passed through a similar phase in the so-called Dark Ages. Extremist views were the norm rather than the exception. Without much external forces, the demons of extremism imploded from within, as people just got tired of the lunacy. Today, extremists in Islam have to battle two losing fronts: the moderates in Islam and the non-Muslims. Today, we are seeing the waning of extremist views in countries like Tunisia, Morocco, Algeria, Kuwait and Jordan. This will only continue and, hopefully, bolster the size of the moderates in Islam. On the non-Muslim side, there are at least six fronts:

1. The Russian front (on alert from lessons in Afghanistan and Chechnya; watching neighboring Muslim states closely)
2. The Chinese front (the Communist Party has very low tolerance for any form of extremism; not much extremists can do here)
3. The Indian front (have been on alert for at least 60 years; acts of barbarism within India has heightened vigilance; tension between extremist Muslims and extremist Hindus have effectively checkmated any ambitions of extremists on either side)
4. The European front (rising Muslim population; gradual integration of Muslims in Europe will increase the population of moderates in Islam)
5. The American front (on alert since the mid-90s; monitoring several extremist groups across the globe; most intimidating front to all extremists in Islam; choicest target for all extremists in Islam)
6. The African front (with several flash points in Sudan, Somalia, Kenya, Tanzania and Nigeria, many non-Muslims and moderates in Islam are ready to subdue extremists in Africa; most significant extremist-engineered crisis is that of Darfur; increased literacy and enhanced poverty alleviation programs will help decrease the influence of extremists)

Given all these fronts, the increased cooperation among key players on these fronts, and all the events that have triggered vigilance and heightened preparedness, I dare say that there is no future for the extremists in Islam! And to all who want peace on earth, that is a very good thing!
Re: Understanding Hamas 101 by Nobody: 8:25pm On Feb 06, 2009
RichyBlacK:

David, I encourage you to go read the history of this pipe dream. Go read about the famous Battle of Tours, which occurred in France about 1,300 years ago. That dream of forcing Islam on the planet, by force, died in France! They couldn't do it 1,300 years ago and they cannot do it in the next 130,000 years! It will not happen and there is no need to be afraid of that. Moreover, such a pipe dream is only harbored by the extremists, who are a loud minority within Islam - loud and noisy, but still a minority group!

I will re-post my short article on the "battle fronts" faced by extremists with pipe dreams of forcing Islam on the entire world. Even Adolf Hitler, with the backing of the intimidating army of the Third Reich, more massive and more determined than any extremist can dream of, was unable to subdue the whole of Europe, how much less the entire world. Hitler was routed on two of the fronts I talked about in my short article - the Russian front and the American front.

At least we are agreed on one thing - muslims dont merely "dream" about forcing Allah's will on the world, they are ready to use the force of arms. The fact that it still remains a "pipe dream" today is simply because the west has been much stronger militarily.
Re: Understanding Hamas 101 by IFELEKE(m): 3:18pm On Feb 07, 2009
I WATCH WITH UNEASE THE WAY THE WORLD IS REACTING TO THIS ISREAL'S OCCUPATION OF GAZA, AM A CHRISTIAN AND A SUPPORTER OF THE ZION ARMY OF ISREAL BUT I CONDEMN IN STRONG TERMS THE SENSELESS KILLINGS CARRIED OUT IN GAZA, I BLAME LACK OF PLAN AND STYLE ON ISREAL'S PART FOR IT BUT WAIT A MINUTE, WILL IT HAVE HAPPENED IF THE TERRORIST GROUP CALLED HAMAS AND THEIR FANATIC ARABS GET IT IN THEIR SKULL THAT ISREAL HAS COME TO STAY?, IT'S UNWISE TO DISTURB A RESTING SERPENT,THE CONSEQUENCES IS WHAT WE SEE IN GAZA, MAY GOD BE WITH THE INNOCENT CASUALITIES
Re: Understanding Hamas 101 by bawomolo(m): 6:13pm On Feb 07, 2009
why should you support Israel because u are a christian. that doesn't sound objective at all
Re: Understanding Hamas 101 by Nobody: 2:57am On Feb 08, 2009
Acting Speaker of the Palestinian Legislative Council Sheik Ahmad Bahr from Hamas, Declared during a Friday Sermon at a Sudan Mosque that America and Israel Will Be Annihilated and Called upon Allah to Kill the Jews and the Americans "to the Very Last One"

Following are excerpts from a sermon delivered by Ahmad Bahr, acting speaker of the Palestinian Legislative Council, which aired on Sudan TV on April 13, 2007.

Ahmad Bahr: "You will be victorious" on the face of this planet. You are the masters of the world on the face of this planet. Yes, [the Koran says that] "you will be victorious," but only "if you are believers." Allah willing, "you will be victorious," while America and Israel will be annihilated, Allah willing. I guarantee you that the power of belief and faith is greater than the power of America and Israel. They are cowards, as is said in the Book of Allah: "You shall find them the people most eager to protect their lives." They are cowards, who are eager for life, while we are eager for death for the sake of Allah. That is why America's nose was rubbed in the mud in Iraq, in Afghanistan, in Somalia, and everywhere.

[, ]

America will be annihilated, while Islam will remain. The Muslims "will be victorious, if you are believers." Oh Muslims, I guarantee you that the power of Allah is greater than America, by whom many are blinded today. Some people are blinded by the power of America. We say to them that with the might of Allah, with the might of His Messenger, and with the power of Allah, we are stronger than America and Israel.

[, ]

I tell you that we will protect the enterprise of the resistance, because the Zionist enemy understands on the language of force. It does not recognize peace or the agreements. It does not recognize anything, and it understands only the language of force. Our Jihad-fighting Palestinian people salutes its brother, Sudan.

[, ]

The Palestinian woman bids her son farewell, and says to him: "Son, go and don't be a coward. Go, and fight the Jews." He bids her farewell and carries out a martyrdom operation. What did this Palestinian woman say when she was asked for her opinion, after the martyrdom of her son? She said: "My son is my own flesh and blood. I love my son, but my love for Allah and His Messenger is greater than my love for my son." Yes, this is the message of the Palestinian woman, who was over seventy years old – Fatima Al-Najjar. She was over seventy years old, but she blew herself up for the sake of Allah, bringing down many criminal Zionists.

[, ]

Oh Allah, vanquish the Jews and their supporters. Oh Allah, vanquish the Americans and their supporters. Oh Allah, count their numbers, and kill them all, down to the very last one. Oh Allah, show them a day of darkness. Oh Allah, who sent down His Book, the mover of the clouds, who defeated the enemies of the Prophet – defeat the Jews and the Americans, and bring us victory over them.
Re: Understanding Hamas 101 by Nobody: 3:13am On Feb 08, 2009
A wonderful sermon on the sand dunes of Egypt . . .

[flash=448,361]http://i78.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid78.photobucket.com/albums/j82/davidylan/Clip.flv[/flash]
Re: Understanding Hamas 101 by Nobody: 3:27am On Feb 08, 2009
Another lovely diatribe from the loving and tolerant Palestinian authority . . .

[flash=448,361]http://i78.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid78.photobucket.com/albums/j82/davidylan/Clip2.flv[/flash]

. . . at least this one was honest enough to let us know where the problem lies . . .
Re: Understanding Hamas 101 by osisi2(f): 3:39am On Feb 08, 2009
WoW!
Is that the exhortations they receive in their so called jumat shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
They'll sprawl around the floor listening to hate speeches and expect to be treated with kid gloves?
Let themn start nonsense again and see if Israel won't bathe them with more bombs
imbeciles.
Re: Understanding Hamas 101 by osisi2(f): 3:44am On Feb 08, 2009
People should not be deceived by the Islamic lie of Islam is peace.
Islam is only peace when all people are subjected to the will of their allah and Jews are annihilated.
Only then can their so called peace reign
Islam is no peace .
It's surrender but they'll rather call it submisson.
use your google people and read what Islamic leaders say.
The world shouldn't be deceived by their al taquiyah
al taquiyah is another word every non Muslim ought to google.
We ought to know the weapons of our adversaries
Re: Understanding Hamas 101 by Nobody: 5:05am On Feb 08, 2009
Holocaust video coming soon . . . stay tuned!
Re: Understanding Hamas 101 by christ4mi(f): 4:39am On Feb 24, 2009
Stupid liar, Watch da video. And he's not saying bring Islam to Mexico and Nigeria. Why do u have to lie u son of bitch
Re: Understanding Hamas 101 by IFELEKE(m): 10:08am On Feb 26, 2009
JUDGING FROM SOME COMMENTS I READ ON THIS TOPIC I DISCOVERED THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST PLAIN STUPID OR RATHER THEY DECIDE TO BE PLAIN STUPID.MY SUPPORT FOR THE ZION ARMY OF ISRAEL IS NOT BASED ON MY RELIGION IT IS RATHER BASED ON THE PRINCIPLES OF EQUITY AND FAIRNESS WITH JUSTICE AND PEACE. PUT YOUR SELF IN THEIR SHOES WILL YOU SMILE AND EMBRACE SOMEONE WHO CONSTANTLY WANTS NOT ONLY YOUR ANNIHILATION BUT THAT OF YOUR LINEAGE?, I TRUST YOUR ANSWER TO BE NO.
A WORD OF ADVISE TO ALL ANTI ISREAL/PRO ARAB/TERRORIST SUPPORTERS, GET YOUR PEOPLE TO ACCEPT THE FACT THAT ISREAL AS COME TO STAY, THE EARLIER THE BETTER FOR THEM,
Re: Understanding Hamas 101 by mogentle(m): 2:25pm On Feb 26, 2009
hun! Hamas 101 for real cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Is Ghaddafi The Devil We Think He Is? / How The West Have Destroyed Libya's Standard Of Living / South Korean Scientists Announce Plan To Clone A Woolly Mammoth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.