Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals (25376 Views)

Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List / Is Bitcoin Mining More Profitable Than MMM 50% / List Of Active Stock Brokerage Firms In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:28am On May 05, 2015
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by persius555(m): 6:32am On May 05, 2015
There are lots of west african countries citizens involved in this business.They are mostly senegalese, guineans, beneniose, malians,lebanese etcThey are in the business as third party middlemen dealers.OBJ had all the framework in place to have a vibrant mining sector in place, but for whatevr reason he lost focus afte oby ezekwesili was removed. I cry for this darling country, our leaders are the ones killing us. The rot in this mining sector has been there since colonial days. Maybe buhari should consider bringing mrs oby ezekwesili back to that sector, she did an excellent job in the few years she served as minister of solid minerals.

1 Like

Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by darqly(m): 6:38am On May 05, 2015
illmatic101:
Op, go to Wase local government area of Plateau state, and see what is happening there, you will weep for this Nation, The Emir of Wase has his own share, the STF Commandant is also a share holder, the House of Rep member is also into this illegal mining business in conjunction with the wicked Chinese Company.

What resource exactly is being mined at Wase?
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by prologue: 6:40am On May 05, 2015
Nasarawa... I got angry and left. let us see the broader picture here. only few of us are into mining in Nigeria. most are internet consultants. The industry isn't structured at all. These Chinese, Indians,... used to give money in advance but were seriously cheated. knowing the potentials on ground, the worked through middlemen to get to the communities. they pushed for ownership of mines through leasehold from lease holders and Nigerian companies as proxies. the mining framework allows that with local consent, you can get a license, from the federal government. the local chiefs became powerful, but remained ignorant. state governments don't see reasons to trouble its head, as even the board of internal revenue can't get a glimpse of what's going on.
let me give some instances.
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by Rawani: 6:41am On May 05, 2015
This is quite true ibnsultan, I have heard reliable accounts of Chinese trucks and choppers flying out of the hills of Anka in Zamfara state as a result of a large tantalite and gold mining operation in the area, protected by Soldiers who should be fighting insurgents in Sambisa, not surprising considering the manner of their commander-in-chief. This was the same area that suffered severe lead poisoning a few years ago, possibly as a result of their unregulated operations.

It's no wonder solid mineral exploitation and development sits at the top rungs of General Buhari's agenda. The era of impunity is over.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by Situation001(m): 6:41am On May 05, 2015
owobokiri:

Why are you soo sick? You don't like what he said and you want to use harsh words, why must it be about his dad or mom? Are you nuts?
No I'm not... undecided
Buhari too is someone's Grandfather..
if not older than his grandfather undecided
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by kazmanbanjoko(m): 6:43am On May 05, 2015
Na we no wise na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by holluwai(m): 6:49am On May 05, 2015
Empower boarder patrol, allow the immigration officers to go round and pick any illegal immigrants living in this country, ensure they have proper documentation of these people and that way you can monitor them and put them in check.
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by joncom(m): 6:49am On May 05, 2015
@mods, let's filter stories that make front page. When we copy and paste, let's do well to edit it. This doesn't make for good reading, so disjointed.
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by XBLadez: 6:50am On May 05, 2015
Let's see what Buhari and his cows do about it
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by Nobody: 6:53am On May 05, 2015
Senator1974:
If it were to be our patriots that is doing it in their country, they will kill them by firing-squad.
But their's are here miliking us.

And my greatest annoyance is that they will even be the director in the mining field, while our brothers will be the jobman "monkey dey work baboon they chop" at the end of the day, the yellow men will travel back to their various countries with the lion-share.

Infact they should be jailed for illegal mining!
you are so right...those short small eyed guys are so fast to jail and execute our own people whilst they are free to carry out illegal acts in Nigeria...I blame the nigerian government that has long neglected mining for exclusive oil and gas exploration...everybody is focused on oil and gas while solid minerals are being illegally mined...
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by softtouch2(m): 6:53am On May 05, 2015
Blaming long-time decay in our Govt on a tribe or one administration won't solve the present problem. We should be using this medium to discuss on way forward.
When we discuss positively, your little contribution may trigger an awareness within someone to implement your ideals in a little way.
We are new breeds of Nigeria, it is high time we grow above mistakes of our past kinsmen and leaders.

Back to the post:
I think our government need to check activities of all the foreigners coming into this country. If Immigration can do her part without collecting bribe, you maybe surprised some of these illegal miners visa to Nigeria has long expired.
Also, these people can't just be shipping containers load of precious sand out of Nigeria, our Custom must be involve. So, these are institutions that Govt need to put search light.
If foreigners are properly tamed, oil-bunkering and illegal mining will die natural death.

1 Like

Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by delishpot: 6:54am On May 05, 2015
inshort. I tire.
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by Nobody: 6:55am On May 05, 2015
BlackTechnology:

What is Baba One Chance view on Resource Control. cool
the guy no go gree go there...greed and wickedness would let him go near resource control...they forget that they can actually generate funds from solid minerals...
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by Israel5(m): 6:55am On May 05, 2015
Nigeria! Our own xenophobia go bad eh. Strangrz head go turn footbal
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by Israel5(m): 6:56am On May 05, 2015
eedriyz:

You think he is like the clueless and yet corrupt one? Wait for him to get there before you activate your doubting mind
no. Ths z d ryt time for doubts. He is nt better thn GEJ xpt in d heart 2 enforce even at tht im luking beynd GMB for change. Look beynd wat u see old man!
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by Brugo(m): 6:58am On May 05, 2015
BlackTechnology:

What is Baba One Chance view on Resource Control. cool

A son of the soil spent over 4 years as president and did not persuade the legislators to pass the Petroleum Industry Bill. Instead he manipulated them to confirm his cronies as ministers and to shield Stella Oduah from the law.

If GEJ wanted resource control, he would have gotten it. He was not even passionate about it even though he is from the oil - rich zone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by free2ryhme: 7:01am On May 05, 2015
IbnSultaan:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/chinese-indian-firms-illegally-mining-nigeria-s-solid-minerals/133873/

You must be stupid for saying this to nigerians. When you should have swung into action with the necessary security outfit and get them apprehend.

Must all our leaders complain? Why kind of govt are we running anyway? Yet u sit in ur exalted office and get paid for being silly without and sense of initiative or ownership

Immigration officers collect bribe and allow them roam free in this country. Go to huawei and see if all the chinese there have papers

You should not be in this position in the first place
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by prologue: 7:01am On May 05, 2015
in 2011, I was part of a delegate that restructured a bad deal. a Chinese govt coy paid 750 million naira for a leasehold from a suppose lease owner. location is awe local government, nasarawa. both host villages had nothing, not even bore hole water. Mercedes were bought for the chiefs. mining had began, trucks of zinc, lead, and unconfirmed reports of paladium were been lifted daily. fully mechanized with all Chinese workers. You can't see what happens inside. trouble started when the real lease owner got a court order.
no need citing a lot of examples, but the way forward is education, and a revisit to the operational framework of the mining industry. Imagine Nasarawa state does not have a functional lab, even as the home of solid minerals. the state government should be included in the process of licensing and royalties.
dormant mine owners should be made to work or lose their mining rights, not just sitting in Lagos and renew license. Nigeria is blessed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by Jobneeded12: 7:07am On May 05, 2015
IbnSultaan:
Dear Nigerians, as we FOCUS our attention on Oil,
the Chinese Miners are looting US dry through
illegal mining all over Nigeria.

We must come together to chase away this monsters
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by Rawani: 7:07am On May 05, 2015
It's important traditional rulers are enlightened on the extent and responsible use of their powers considering the framework of our mining industry, or the entire framework itself should be redesigned to make licensing the sole preserve of an appropriate well regulated parastatal under the Ministry of Mines and Power.
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by Nobody: 7:08am On May 05, 2015
83lagosroad:

They are at (iperu ogere) tollgate beside total filling station. Adjacent to kotco transformer company. Entry to ode remo I mean the Chinese cutting our best woods to sizes abs losing them into containers to avoid inspection by law enforcement agencies . The other day I saw them I felt like just arresting them. But wetin I go do now they are all surrounded by their conspirators
you might even be shot in the head if you dare attack them...
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by san316(m): 7:09am On May 05, 2015
No wonder!!! China Neva congratulate Buhari. I see...
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by toyoutoyou: 7:09am On May 05, 2015
He deserves to be re-elected by his own people for sexond term so as to have enough time to destroy Nigeria completely.The only sad thing about his supporters is that they want Nigeria to fail,but God has decided to make them slaves to other reasonable Nigerians.
Ilekeh:
And right under GEJ's nose.
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by Nobody: 7:11am On May 05, 2015
I think the locals living in that solid mineral laden zones still do not know what to do...follow the course of the niger delta militants and own your resources...kidnap and abduct who ever to ensure the resources are intact...give the government terms and conditions so that they can wake up...

Take a lift from the niger deltans...oya... cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by dustydee: 7:16am On May 05, 2015
izzieman:
A Jewish supplier of mine told me a couple of years ago that the Chinese have been shipping containers of sand out of Nigeria for some time.

Sand alright but gold nugget containing soil taken to china to be processed. For anyone to ship sand containers, the gold content of that sand must be astronomical. Now you wonder why there is all the fighting in Plateau state. The elite know what is in the land they send innocent people to go and die for.

So much work for the incoming government.
Really?I thought they proess it in country. My cousin recently told me there is a mining community in Niger State (Near Bida) where local miners are made to mine bags of "sand" (suspected to be gold rich) and the Chinese pay them by the bag. I was furious that not only are the workers underpaid, it is likely that no tax is paid by these people and our environment is being devastated. I wonder when our leaders will have sense.

2 Likes

Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by dayodare49o: 7:17am On May 05, 2015
IbnSultaan:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/chinese-indian-firms-illegally-mining-nigeria-s-solid-minerals/133873/
We were told few years ago that Ghana was stealing gold that Worth 5 trillion naira in Osun state and this same Ghana does not have any thing in return for what they are stealing from us except they were asking Nigerians doing business there to deposit
$100 thousand before they can do business in Ghana.

China has been a blessing to Nigeria since some decade, China has added much values to us than anyone else, if China steals Jonathan, I will not mind.

I am satisfied with China like this than those who are stealing our crude oil and still using out children to test drugs. If China can reduce importation of fake products and reduce price of their goods, if they kidnap Buhari plus Jonathan, I will not mind.

India does not add much value to us has China added but why should we stop them? if you have resources abandoned and someone else needs it, I will not stop him from using it.
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by homesteady(m): 7:17am On May 05, 2015
I honestly don't know why this useless PDP government did not go large scale into other mineral resources! In almost every development conference or program, the speakers always emphasizes on the benefits of exploring mineral resources, but it enters through their left ear and goes out through the right!

I have 2 theories concerning this matter -

1) Either the government have been secretly exploring them and sharing the money among themselves or

2) Their fooolishness is underestimated! because I don't understand how you'll see a clear source of money, and you'll neglect it!

1 Like

Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by MKO4ever(m): 7:24am On May 05, 2015
This one nor be news naa!!!! and it is not only oil that these Chinese people produce illegally oo, I learnt that most of the fast moving items in Nigeria is also being produced by Chinese. I even heard they produce maggi as well.
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by prophetfire: 7:26am On May 05, 2015
Senator1974:
If it were to be our patriots that is doing it in their country, they will kill them by firing-squad.
But their's are here miliking us.

And my greatest annoyance is that they will even be the director in the mining field, while our brothers will be the jobman "monkey dey work baboon they chop" at the end of the day, the yellow men will travel back to their various countries with the lion-share.

Infact they should be jailed for illegal mining!
its bcs we ve never had a govt in this country.only rogues coming to line their pockets with oil money. Will buhari give us the first true govt in this country? MAY GOD HELP HIM GIVE US A TRUE GOVT IN JESUS NAME AMEN.
Re: Chinese, Indian Firms Illegally Mining Nigeria’s Solid Minerals by temifisayo(f): 7:27am On May 05, 2015
painful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Swiss Golden Ponzi Scheme: Nigerian Sues EFCC, Others For Defamation, Harassment / Things You Really Need To Know About Ponzi Schemes / We Put Our School Fees, Project Money In Mmm,varsity Students Lament(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.