Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Nigerian Woman Among Rescued Illegal Migrants Gives Birth On Mediterranean Sea - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Woman Among Rescued Illegal Migrants Gives Birth On Mediterranean Sea (33556 Views)

Nigerian Woman Who Many Called Barren Gives Birth At 40 Years Old (photos) / Woman Gives Birth On The Streets In Onitsha (photos) / Pictures Of A Woman That Gave Birth On The Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Woman Among Rescued Illegal Migrants Gives Birth On Mediterranean Sea by lalasticlala(m): 7:55am On May 05, 2015
A pregnant Nigerian woman among the 6,500 migrants rescued on the Mediterannean sea delivered a baby on board before rescue came.

According to The Telegraph, the baby was born on board an Italian navy ship, the Bettica after her mother, who is Nigerian, was rescued from a boat floating off the coast of Libya on Monday.

The newborn baby and her mother are said to in good health.

The Nigerian woman was among the 6770 migrants rescued from four different boats, all of them sent from the coast of Libya by smuggling gangs from Middle East and Africa.

“The mother was brought on board in dramatic circumstances – her labour had already started,” the navy said in a statement.

The baby was delivered by Sara Modde, a doctor with the Order of Malta, a Catholic charity that has teams of medics on board many of the search and rescue vessels operating in the Mediterranean.

Vincenzo Pascale, the captain of the Italian navy ship on which the baby was born, said: "She is a beautiful baby girl who has touched everyone on board. The mother started to have contractions as soon as she was brought aboard and gave birth after eight hours.

"We made a little crib and put it next to the mother, who was worn out by the labour," he told Italian media.

However, not all of them survived the crossing. Seven dead bodies were found aboard two large rubber dinghies packed with migrants, while the corpses of three others, who had apparently jumped or fallen into the sea when they saw rescue vessels approach, were pulled from the water.

It was further reported that the smugglers had packed people into the boats so tightly that they were unable to move their legs and many were suffering from cramp.

http://www.stelladimokokorkus.com/2015/05/pregnant-nigerian-woman-among-rescued.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+/AqSJb+(S.T.E.L.L.A'S*new*G.R.O.O.V.E)&m=1

Re: Nigerian Woman Among Rescued Illegal Migrants Gives Birth On Mediterranean Sea by justi4jesu(f): 8:00am On May 05, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy What will be the baby's citizenship now

What citizenship does a child have if they are born on an international flight?#thinkingoutloud smiley

26 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Among Rescued Illegal Migrants Gives Birth On Mediterranean Sea by Nobody: 8:00am On May 05, 2015
Thank God for God.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Among Rescued Illegal Migrants Gives Birth On Mediterranean Sea by zopaks: 8:00am On May 05, 2015
hmmn, see suffering. Patience is Really A Virtue!
Re: Nigerian Woman Among Rescued Illegal Migrants Gives Birth On Mediterranean Sea by Nobody: 8:00am On May 05, 2015
embarassed embarassed
Thank God she's alive.
God go bless and keep you o! Just look at the level of suffering that abounds! God have mercy!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Among Rescued Illegal Migrants Gives Birth On Mediterranean Sea by MrKIZITO(m): 8:00am On May 05, 2015
Ok
Re: Nigerian Woman Among Rescued Illegal Migrants Gives Birth On Mediterranean Sea by proxitaly: 8:01am On May 05, 2015
Naija nomenclature!
Re: Nigerian Woman Among Rescued Illegal Migrants Gives Birth On Mediterranean Sea by Nobody: 8:01am On May 05, 2015
Italian citizen by birth!!!! Congrates baby you made it out of this God forsaken continent.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Among Rescued Illegal Migrants Gives Birth On Mediterranean Sea by Ask4bigneyo(m): 8:01am On May 05, 2015
Naija ppl no dey carry last...Still hoping for a day when naija woman go give birth inside Submarine #Godwin
Re: Nigerian Woman Among Rescued Illegal Migrants Gives Birth On Mediterranean Sea by dridowu: 8:01am On May 05, 2015
tokunbo ni oruko omo na yio ma je

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Among Rescued Illegal Migrants Gives Birth On Mediterranean Sea by Nobody: 8:02am On May 05, 2015
All in the name of greener pasture?
Re: Nigerian Woman Among Rescued Illegal Migrants Gives Birth On Mediterranean Sea by Missmossy(f): 8:02am On May 05, 2015
Wonderful God grin

What an experience it will be for the woman! cheesy Its a good thing they both survived.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Among Rescued Illegal Migrants Gives Birth On Mediterranean Sea by Nobody: 8:02am On May 05, 2015
Her name is medi

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Among Rescued Illegal Migrants Gives Birth On Mediterranean Sea by LMAyedun(m): 8:02am On May 05, 2015
justi4jesu:
What citizenship does a child have if they are born on an international flight? smiley
Dual citizenship grin cheesy
Re: Nigerian Woman Among Rescued Illegal Migrants Gives Birth On Mediterranean Sea by efilefun(m): 8:03am On May 05, 2015
wow, greener pasture is all they seek for but in a more tedious and risky way
Re: Nigerian Woman Among Rescued Illegal Migrants Gives Birth On Mediterranean Sea by phyllosilicate(m): 8:03am On May 05, 2015
justi4jesu:

What citizenship does a child have if they are born on an international flight? smiley
Mami water as the baby was born in the sea.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Among Rescued Illegal Migrants Gives Birth On Mediterranean Sea by Pavore9: 8:03am On May 05, 2015
See as this pikin don collect European citizenship! Say make we chop our green passport!cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Among Rescued Illegal Migrants Gives Birth On Mediterranean Sea by dotcomnamename: 8:03am On May 05, 2015
Nawa O! shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Among Rescued Illegal Migrants Gives Birth On Mediterranean Sea by mzlizabelle(f): 8:04am On May 05, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Guess she mite be running from d dictatorz rule
Blame it on Buhari
I love transformation
I hate "change"
Quote me to blast me and ya will never make it in life

Ode niyin sir, I'm always seeing your monika as "Orangutan" and you keep acting like one all over the forum. Keep living in your extinction.
Mind you...I made it already.

To the topic: such a cutie kiss

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Woman Among Rescued Illegal Migrants Gives Birth On Mediterranean Sea by GJames(m): 8:04am On May 05, 2015
This begins ''THE LEGEND OF THE ..................... GIRL''
Re: Nigerian Woman Among Rescued Illegal Migrants Gives Birth On Mediterranean Sea by M4gunners: 8:04am On May 05, 2015
Thank God for their lives.
Re: Nigerian Woman Among Rescued Illegal Migrants Gives Birth On Mediterranean Sea by popcykaylah(m): 8:05am On May 05, 2015
some people have got real balls o..you sit your ass with some other people on a tiny boat on that killer sea?well me no dey play where water dey and then carry your pregnancy on that tiny boat?it shows the level of poverty in Africa..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Among Rescued Illegal Migrants Gives Birth On Mediterranean Sea by eleko1: 8:05am On May 05, 2015
sad
Re: Nigerian Woman Among Rescued Illegal Migrants Gives Birth On Mediterranean Sea by modelboy(m): 8:05am On May 05, 2015
vheMa:
Her name is medi
why is it that you dont use your brain regularly

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help As My Sister-in-law Is On The Verge Of Cheating On My Brother. / John Femi Isaac: Missing 21-Year-Old Ogun State University Student (Photo) / Why I Wash My Wife's Clothes - Nigerian Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.