Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,911 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Aliko Dangote Still Considering Buying Arsenal FC - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Aliko Dangote Still Considering Buying Arsenal FC (443 Views)

Ahmed Musa Considering Legal Action Over Reports He Beat Up Wife / Dangote Reiterate Desire To Buy Arsenal FC (transcript And Audio) / Dangote Considering Buying Arsenal Fc-bloomberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote Still Considering Buying Arsenal FC by danielayodele16(m): 11:24pm On May 06, 2015
Africa’s richest man, Aliko Dangote, said he still wants to buy English Premier League soccer team Arsenal even after he was rebuffed by its owners in 2010.
Nigeria’s Dangote, an Arsenal fan worth $15.7 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, discussed buying a stake in the club five years ago before talks with the owners fell through, he said. Since then his wealth has grown more than sevenfold.
“I still hope, one day at the right price, that I’ll buy the team,” Dangote, 58, said in an interview as he traveled on a plane owned by one of his companies between the Ethiopian capital Addis Ababa and the Nigerian commercial hub of Lagos on May 1.
“I might buy it, not at a ridiculous price but a price that the owners won’t want to resist. I know my strategy.”
Arsenal is one of England’s most successful clubs, having won 13 top flight league titles in the country, the most after Manchester United and Liverpool.
Arsenal Holdings Plc., the owner, trades on the ICAP Securities & Derivatives Exchange, or ISDX, and is valued at 988 million pounds ($1.49 billion).
A successful bid would make Dangote the first African owner of a club which is of global standard.

http://www.naijahottestgist.com/2015/05/05/aliko-dangote-still-considering-buying-arsenal-fc/

1 Share

Re: Aliko Dangote Still Considering Buying Arsenal FC by Nobody: 11:26pm On May 06, 2015
Nice

(1) (Reply)

Memphis Depay Confirms Deal For Manchester United / Video Highlight : Real Madrid Vs Juventus 1-1 May 13 2015 Ronaldo Penalty Morata / Sure Football Betting Tips Enter Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.