Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

4 Better Ways To Answer "Why Are You Leaving Your Job?" - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 4 Better Ways To Answer "Why Are You Leaving Your Job?" (22461 Views)

11 Reasons To Quit Your Job And Start A Business / 9 Ways To Save Your Job During Layoff's / 10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Better Ways To Answer "Why Are You Leaving Your Job?" by pretydamsel1(f): 4:08pm On May 07, 2015
Noted
Re: 4 Better Ways To Answer "Why Are You Leaving Your Job?" by Nikyluv(f): 4:11pm On May 07, 2015
THANKS bro, God bless
Re: 4 Better Ways To Answer "Why Are You Leaving Your Job?" by 1Creed(m): 4:19pm On May 07, 2015
Nice one ops.
Re: 4 Better Ways To Answer "Why Are You Leaving Your Job?" by fapfam(f): 4:29pm On May 07, 2015
need answer to this interview question also what of if ask what where you doing while one is out of job for so long ,let's say you have been out of jobs for like 3 years now n luckily you got an interview this year what will be your response, possess I need to know
Re: 4 Better Ways To Answer "Why Are You Leaving Your Job?" by weslay: 4:31pm On May 07, 2015
lawboss:
...Criosly?.... pls dis lines/advices to me I feel dey are wrong...u shld sale ur self n nt tell ur new employer to b,u wanna make more money or ur ex boss is a crap!... Omo u go hustle job like Amaechi hustle Vp...

Very true. These answers to the question "Why do you want to leave ur current Job" are so unprofessional.
Re: 4 Better Ways To Answer "Why Are You Leaving Your Job?" by Ebonymiss: 4:35pm On May 07, 2015
lekjons:
Those two posters before me their browser na ferrari!!

Why na, i want to know what FTC feels like, at least once!! angry
people pls console me with likes
go boil beans
Re: 4 Better Ways To Answer "Why Are You Leaving Your Job?" by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 07, 2015
@OP.

Do you realise that interviewers also read these 'how to answer interview questions' posts too?

It gets that I can identify someone who gives me stuff like this when I interview them. The impression it gives is one of a phony, unimaginative dummy, completely lacking the confidence to make up his own reasons for wanting to work with me. That is why he had to memorise one-off lines for the interview. It's a great put-off, believe me.

My advice to interviewees... just be yourself. Enter with confidence, speak up frankly and with class; in words that you can be comfortable with, and exit with confidence. With so many people reading interview self-help advice nowadays, a sincere candidate will stand out, believe me.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Better Ways To Answer "Why Are You Leaving Your Job?" by Oluwajideloll(m): 4:38pm On May 07, 2015
Goldenheart:
Whose gonna memorize all that...?

Really!!!!!....
Re: 4 Better Ways To Answer "Why Are You Leaving Your Job?" by Petra23(f): 4:41pm On May 07, 2015
Dat reminds me of a very silly bt funny answer givn by a gurl sited close to me during an interview last month.she was asked,y should i hire you,and she replied, because i am looking for a greener pasture.mehn! I almst fell outta ma sit but had to act lik i actually didnt hear her say that.people sha

2 Likes

Re: 4 Better Ways To Answer "Why Are You Leaving Your Job?" by lekjons(m): 4:42pm On May 07, 2015
Ebonymiss:
go boil beans
i don't like e-fight miss!!
Re: 4 Better Ways To Answer "Why Are You Leaving Your Job?" by Omotayor123(f): 4:58pm On May 07, 2015
Op. nice points u av dia..
Re: 4 Better Ways To Answer "Why Are You Leaving Your Job?" by NnamdiN: 5:09pm On May 07, 2015
lawboss:
...Criosly?.... pls dis lines/advices to me I feel dey are wrong...u shld sale ur self n nt tell ur new employer to b,u wanna make more money or ur ex boss is a crap!... Omo u go hustle job like Amaechi hustle Vp...
you read the post at all? Or you read just the bolded texts? The op didnt say you should just blurt out those answers, it simply says...................................................................................................................you should read and comprehend the entire thing first
Re: 4 Better Ways To Answer "Why Are You Leaving Your Job?" by MagnaB: 5:14pm On May 07, 2015
Nice1
Re: 4 Better Ways To Answer "Why Are You Leaving Your Job?" by olashas(f): 5:22pm On May 07, 2015
Ilekeh:
Put down your old boss in an interview and I guarantee that you're not going to get the new job
This doesn't happen always. At least, it didn't happen in my case
Re: 4 Better Ways To Answer "Why Are You Leaving Your Job?" by Onelovetayz(m): 5:39pm On May 07, 2015
It is well.

Golden Mechanical wrist watch for sale @ 5k
Original Kingston 8Gb Memory card for sale @1,200
Call/whatsapp: 07039323921

Re: 4 Better Ways To Answer "Why Are You Leaving Your Job?" by Adesiji77: 6:19pm On May 07, 2015
Abuamam:
@OP.

Do you realise that interviewers also read these 'how to answer interview questions' posts too?

It gets that I can identify someone who gives me stuff like this when I interview them. The impression it gives is one of a phony, unimaginative dummy, completely lacking the confidence to make up his own reasons for wanting to work with me. That is why he had to memorise one-off lines for the interview. It's a great put-off, believe me.

My advice to interviewees... just be yourself. Enter with confidence, speak up frankly and with class; in words that you can be comfortable with, and exit with confidence. With so many people reading interview self-help advice nowadays, a sincere candidate will stand out, believe me.

Nice points bro but how many "How to...." do interviewers want to memorise?

Interviewers are humans too and do not have the time to be researching for the thousands of "How tos" that are littered all over the internet.

I do not expect any serious candidate to memorise/quote the above word-for-word but rather internalize the points and adapt it to the situation.

Like you said, my experience as an interviewer indicates that candidates who have confidence usually get the attention of the interview panels.
Re: 4 Better Ways To Answer "Why Are You Leaving Your Job?" by Adesiji77: 6:20pm On May 07, 2015
Nikyluv:
THANKS bro, God bless

Welcome smiley
Re: 4 Better Ways To Answer "Why Are You Leaving Your Job?" by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 07, 2015
Adesiji77:

Nice points bro but how many "How to...." do interviewers want to memorise?

Interviewers are humans too and do not have the time to be researching for the thousands of "How tos" that are littered all over the internet.

I do not expect any serious candidate to memorise/quote the above word-for-word but rather internalize the points and adapt it to the situation.

Like you said, my experience as an interviewer indicates that candidates who have confidence usually get the attention of the interview panels.

Well, it's not the actual words, but when you have interviewed many people, you tend to know whether he is using artificial statements or not. Good advice if an interviewee can merge it successfully into his presentation though.
Re: 4 Better Ways To Answer "Why Are You Leaving Your Job?" by youngwarlocks: 9:45pm On May 07, 2015
lawboss:
Quite obvious u didn't read the post and if u did, u didn't comprehend.
Re: 4 Better Ways To Answer "Why Are You Leaving Your Job?" by rman: 2:02am On May 08, 2015
Abuamam:
@OP.

Thank you!

In fact, in my company, if you walk in an give memorised answers they already know.......everyones experience is unique in their own way and how you put it across is what makes you standout not all these packaged answers that are all over the Internet.
Re: 4 Better Ways To Answer "Why Are You Leaving Your Job?" by henzyl(m): 3:10am On May 08, 2015
I think it's best you give very sincere answer to questions as these during an interview session as memorizing and spitting some packaged answers would make you appear so fake and unrealistic and some very experienced interviewers would quickly know you are not being sincere.

The believe that at any point you give a negative answer regarding your former boss, you automatically kill your chances of being hired does not always apply. Infact, the guy conducting the session already has some assumptions and expects that you give answers as close to the truth as possible while still being very diplomatic. For eg, I attended an interview and had to express with passion how my former company used to owe the staff for months and how very devastating that was becoming for me, and........I was offered the job in the end. The point is be real, passionate and make them believe you instead of reciting some cooked up lines. That is where you kill your chances.

The key word remains have self confidence and self convictions and be prepared to give convincing realistic answers that are quite peculiar to your situations.
Re: 4 Better Ways To Answer "Why Are You Leaving Your Job?" by okeyben10: 12:36pm On May 08, 2015
very nice..luv it luv it
Re: 4 Better Ways To Answer "Why Are You Leaving Your Job?" by lacicrips(m): 4:15am On May 11, 2015
Adesiji77:

2. Your Boss Is a Jerk

There’s no other way to put it: You have a terrible boss. Mention briefly and neutrally that you two are on separate tracks and move on. Wrap it up with something positive about the company.

Here’s how to phrase it:

I realized the leadership of my team was going in a different direction, and I’m interested in working in a more collaborative environment. It was a hard decision to make because I love the mission of the company, but I ultimately think this is the right choice.

So what happens if eventually you get a repeat in this new company, are you going to try and run again?

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To Quit My N2k Job Per Day To Start Riding Keke / Help, Having Issues With My Way Of Spoken English (lack Of Communication Skill) / How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.