Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. (4999 Views)

Christopher (A Short Story) / Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) / Pleasure And Pain - A Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by Ohibenemma(m): 9:15pm On May 17, 2015
stonecoldcafe:
I enjoyed your story. You are a very good writer and your delivery is top notch. I love your use of language. It was pretty sophisticated for me (in a very good way) and not too many writers write that way here.

Having said that, I felt squeamish as I read the rap.e bit. It seemed a tad long and detailed to me. (I've read worse though. In that case, I quickly called that writer to order and jumped off his thread)

Anyway your story ended great so I'm pacified. LOL
I'll be looking out for your other works. Well done!

Thanks a big! Over time, I have come to stop being overtly 'timid' with regards to sex related scenes. This doesn't however give room for vulgarity. You must have noticed some euphemism in my descriptions - though it just can't be totally ruled out.
Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by harjibolar10(m): 9:54am On May 18, 2015
TODAY THE VOTING OF MISS NAIRALAND ELIMINATION ROUND 1 COMMENCES AND TWO OF OUR LITERATURE-LANDERS ARE PARTICIPATING..THEY ARE ONE OF US, LET US SHOW THEM SUPPORT BY CLICKING THIS LINK
https://www.nairaland.com/2320383/miss-nairaland-contest-2015-elimination
AND TYPE:
I VOTE ADEH39
I VOTE MARIAMFERANMI
I VOTE AIPETEE2
Cc:nljega
Tanx for your coperation
Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by Aipete2(f): 4:01pm On May 18, 2015
oga come and tell others to vote for me oh, please
Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by Neduzze5(m): 11:21am On May 19, 2015
Ohibenemma:
All rights reserved.
©2015.

COPIED!
crislyn
bibie01
olanipekuntomi
seunviju
sebak
onosj
larrysun
danwrites
domawoleye
Thronekid, D9ty7, Tiffanyj, helenbee, teebashy,
prettydiva89, fatalveli, harjibolar10, fembleez1, stuff46,
Divepen, cybershow, Tattesco, Ali1king, kingphilip,
onemansquad, tecno4life, bluestarry, jefferyjamez,
slap1, chinweblinkz, supermartin, ishilove, pweetidamsel,
jeanfortune, jaymomma, vibra, almacherich, marynneka,
trusted, Shadowbean Abimbawealth, emarkson,
Hiroshize, jhimmy, UnknownT, laykorn, kenwins,
iceberylin, Ollyfad, AnnbabyHot, debonairprinx,
rondo235, MzNelly, toykathy, Champele, PBeni, princesa,
Thermythorpe, Redmosquito, FoxyRebirth, natasha,
Neduzze5, yemi2plus, YellowMosquito, DNA1, bimbiola,
faithgokz, sizzlezNBT, Enigurl, Trendytessy, Omololamide,
smithe113, misterjosh, MzChistar, J0sh007, carolinew,
tbabstobadt, Feyifahm, Mizsammy, Ifyx, MsSpaqs,
ochetinz, Tundeajani, bukkynababe, walintize, kinsjesus,
conniblakes, iamdsam, Clemzy16, Cutepie1, DazzlinPearl,
JIGGERNAPPY, Fellycutie, adeswagsdmj, Arnoldo,
Gifteey100, shalomtemmy, johnnobles, chinedumo,
temiK9, Oppy16, amitalian, Herbheorlar, barbiesexy,
emmanwandud, Teenuolah, BlesinE, Perfercter4real,
mzkomsy, rhapzidy, Therock5555, lekkybam, Skykid1208,
Blize7, legendprac, Seankay, BarnabasCo, chesm,
Smhart1, tosingcfr, king94, yormite, teetee92, Kensco,
geogino, simplifier, Affable0709, Chuksyd1, Incredibleme,
Daniel2802, oloriireomo, kunlesehan, Tafamonday,
Nekkie27, slimfredo, ibuome, dryakson, iyk1, m003,
BabieGhagha, hyungwang, mador, Aimedrey, peterphd,
360prince, shaks97, Braidz, tinahrex, RazziP, Fehmy25s,
Kingphilip, Eblee, Ritababe, dagift333, moyarhtohbadt, ,
Meel unique27, MrsGoodness, Lionize, MhizTemmie,
AlienStar, Theorbiter, Ionprince, princesssusan, Susrite,
Glowstone, bigwig97, Missmossy, ruffhandu, may3
Tomkhalifa52, okeyfineboy, kechywillz, folake25,
tescoleps, teamplayey, ethereal, unlimitedbosco,
PrinceGozie, Yudeeaikay, pelontus, justicesky24,
Psalmwise, mariamferanmi, qloreal, onosj, Rahma26,
Kayleb37, Mutaino7, kwencypresh, lawrenzo007,
Tobilastik, yettielicious, eunisam, Athanatos, usmanspihn,
hassan85, princesa, kiddyking, fam24, moshood1993,
handmaid, missterious, kingphilip, kenwins,
SexySapphire, Princesschi, Niwdog, Suspect33, Visionaire,
Bunsky, laykorn, emitheo, alabig, marioking

Beautiful storyyyy

Please ooh... Let's support this sister of ours in the ongoing Nairaland competition. Her name is Tohpahz
Follow this link;

https://www.nairaland.com/2322733/miss-nairaland-contest-2015-elimination

Please go to that link.. And type

I Vote tohpahz
Cc: NlJega

Thanks y'all..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by Onemansquad(m): 10:01am On May 20, 2015
It has started guys. 9am don reach and voting has started and as agreed, Adeh39 and Aipete2 must make it to the finals. They are in the semi- final already, and only your vote could make the progress to the final. Just type: I vote aipete2, adeh39 Cc: Nljega Your votes count. These two ladies are users of this section, let the crown return to the literature section... Voting thread: http:// www.nairaland.com/2324981/miss-nairaland- contest-2015-final/2
Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by nicholausian(m): 3:58pm On May 20, 2015
I'm trying to find right words for this, to say that your story is excellent, top-notch writing is perhaps too mediocre. I didn't find it that interesting. Ordinary plot, ordinary flat characters. No, it's not an excellent piece. It however has effort . Effort in expression and I believe with more practice, you can become very good. I bother to comment because from the comments I've read so far, there's a likelihood for you to become complacent. You have potentials.

1 Like

Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by Ohibenemma(m): 5:59pm On May 20, 2015
Aipete2:
oga come and tell others to vote for me oh, please
Done so, myself. For you!
Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by Ohibenemma(m): 6:00pm On May 20, 2015
Onemansquad:
It has started guys. 9am don reach and voting
has started and as agreed, Adeh39 and Aipete2
must make it to the finals. They are in the semi-
final already, and only your vote could make the
progress to the final.
Just type: I vote aipete2, adeh39 Cc: Nljega Your votes count.
These two ladies are users of this section, let the
crown return to the literature section...
Voting thread: http:// www.nairaland.com/2324981/miss-nairaland-
contest-2015-final/2
Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by Aipete2(f): 6:02pm On May 20, 2015
Ohibenemma:
Done so, myself. For you!
i love you boss
Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by Ohibenemma(m): 6:22pm On May 20, 2015
nicholausian:
I'm trying to find right words for this, to say that your story is excellent, top-notch writing is perhaps too mediocre. I didn't find it that interesting. Ordinary plot, ordinary flat characters. No, it's not an excellent piece. It however has effort . Effort in expression and I believe with more practice, you can become very good. I bother to comment because from the comments I've read so far, there's a likelihood for you to become complacent. You have potentials.
Thanks for your honest opinion, but I have to take you on, on this: So much have already been written about; rarely is any writing on a social point absolutely original today; but the focus now is more on the expression style than the raw plot. "Americana" by Adichie won much recognition and awards, yet "Second Class Citizen" by Buchi Emecheta presents a similar storyline, and was written many years before. What made the latter greater than the former? I'm sure you've read many earlier works on the Civil war before "Half of a Yellow Sun"...how many can I list? Complacency can't set in, I'm my worst critic. Honestly, I was surprised by the many commendations this work attracted, for I just had a vague idea of what I wanted it to be at the beginning. I chose a style and flowed with it. Simple! But humans see differently; sometimes, I wonder what informs the raves some Adichie stories generate - I think Royver's stories are deeper, but... Thanks, once again. www.nairaland.com/2322332/ekooni-baje-o#2322332.11
Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by Fembleez1(m): 12:34pm On Jun 02, 2015
[quote author=Ohibenemma post=33571594][/quote]

I'm happy to have been mentioned on this piece. You are one of them bosses here who write well. I'll surely learn from you to improve meself.

The story was an interesting one. The height of suspense I pictured when I got to the resolution was that `the door knob moving' makes me think Ade would just walk in to clear Osagie of not being the first to check Itohan out but I got bull-dozed.

Just an excellent piece boss. Keep up the good work. smiley
Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by Ohibenemma(m): 1:33pm On Jun 02, 2015
Fembleez1:

I'm happy to have been mentioned on this piece. You are one of them bosses here who write well. I'll surely learn from you to improve meself.

The story was an interesting one. The height of suspense I pictured when I got to the resolution was that `the door knob moving' makes me think Ade would just walk in to clear Osagie of not being the first to check Itohan out but I got bull-dozed.

Just an excellent piece boss. Keep up the good work. smiley
Thanks so much; glad you like it.

1 Like

Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by xtremelygifted: 7:35pm On Jun 16, 2015
love this. it could be longer u know
Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by Jeanfortune(f): 12:24pm On Jun 27, 2015
Ollyfad:
wen a supposed uncle cnt converse for 5mins witout telling u ow endowed/beautiful u r....my dear collect title for ussein bolt hand ooo...ruuunnnnn. nd pray make God no hate u enof to make u stay home alone wit him kus na tuface implication you go c.
nyc one op
hahahaha, this babe funny die, buh na the very koko u yarn so, most times, most of our uncles and nephews can be real pervs
Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by Jeanfortune(f): 12:40pm On Jun 27, 2015
Ohibenemma:

this story may have ended a long time ago buh bros, i still want to say thank u for the mention(i saw it late, am sorry, hope u understand), and for the story as well, God bless
Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by Cybershow(m): 8:40pm On Jul 29, 2015
Ohibenemma:

Thanks for answering my call. 2nd installment as soon in 3hours.
my guy am sorry i ran away from nairaland before but now am back
Re: Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story. by Ohibenemma(m): 10:07pm On Sep 13, 2015
Welcome back.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Celeberating Flora Nwapa's 86th Posthumous Birthday / New Book By New Nairalander: Shattered! / Forbidden Love (the Ultimate Sacrifice)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.