Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,711 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

INDIA 99 Vs 1 NIGERIA: The True Tale That Surrended The Match - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / INDIA 99 Vs 1 NIGERIA: The True Tale That Surrended The Match (1638 Views)

Barca Vs PSG ; Was The Match Fixed? / Niger Republic U17 3-1 Nigeria U17: Golden Eaglets Crash Out Of U17 Afcon / Nigeria 1 Vs India 99 The Real Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

INDIA 99 Vs 1 NIGERIA: The True Tale That Surrended The Match by BrainnewsNg(f): 5:22pm On May 07, 2015
By Alhaji Kanzi Al-Jazeera,

INDIA 99-1 NIGERIA

Peter Rufai was in goal that day. It was a mysterious day in every sense of the word. This was the football match that ended India’s football journey as they were forever banned from football by FIFA on a two count charge of scoring too many goals in a first class football match and doing so in mysterious circumstances.

According to the interviews granted by the Nigerian players including the mercurial Segun “Mathematical” Odegbami, each time they wanted to kick the ball, they saw a ball of fire. This meant that they drew back each time and the Indians attacked them even more. Peter Rufai who would have saved the day for Nigeria said each time the ball approached him he saw a Lion instead and so Nigeria lost to India. That proved to be India’s last match!

I believed all of this like the little boy I was because I was a little boy with a little brain (not as little as you readinq this) and because my little brain cud also see that the adults believed it. Imagine the teenagers and later adults I had to lecture about the impossibility of that happening. Even Tahiti won’t conceed 20 goals against Spain, Germany, Brazil, etc. To this day, some adults still believe this tale. Some because they never heard India mentioned as a football nation and because those who told them the story never came back to say it was a BIG joke. To even strenghten their believe, Samuel Okwaraji was said 2 have died after scoring dat one goal for Nigeria, yes bcoz d Indians didn’t want Nigeria to score.

NOTE:
-Okwaraji died in 1991 due to a heart attack in a match against Angola. (He has never played a match against India)
-Also India have never been banned by FIFA at anytime.

-It is believed that they refused to play at the 1950 World Cup because they preferred to play without shoes. But accordinq to FIFA, India didn’t participate because of lack of funds.

-Lastly, the preferred sport in India is Cricket (i don’t mean that little insect you blockheads are thinkinq).LOL

Source: http://brainnewsng.com/india-99-vs-1-nigeria-the-true-tale-that-surrended-the-match/

(1) (Reply)

Profile And Pictures Of Super Eagles New Coach - Paul Le Guen / 2 Sure Odds Everyday / The 10 Fastest Players In The Premier League

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.