Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,842 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? (36259 Views)

Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress / Judge This Case / Sex Secrets Of Nigerian Wife In The US Uploaded To Youtube (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by Aitee1: 2:01pm On May 08, 2015
sluk:
He did a nice job

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by donhils: 2:14pm On May 08, 2015
ademega:
I am not in any way in support of raising a finger at a woman. I consider it barbaric .In fact, only a mentally disabled man will beat and beat his wife at the slightest provocation .

Having said the above , and with a thread a nairalander opened yesterday about her friend that was always receiving the beating of her life from her husband,the story of my step brother came to my mind .

Before my brother got married,he was this gentle, quiet, caring, loving and hard working type. He got married to this beautiful and also easy going lady. We were all happy about the union and expecting a kind of union that will be a model for us his younger ones.

There was this evening we received an unusual call from the wife saying my brother has been giving her the beating of her life since morning . That he has nearly killed her. Immediately she dropped the call, her mum called again that if anything should happen to her daughter that my mum and the whole family would be responsible and in for it. Her younger sister called again, calling my brother unprintable names and giving different kinds of warnings, if anything should happen to her sister.

This destabilsed us in the house. We were confused. Nobody has ever reported my brother in the house before, hence it was strange. We called my brother but he didn't even pick .

To cut the long story short, my brother eventually came home after three days to actually explain what happened.
He said since he got married to the popularly believed gentle,innocent girl, it has been horror for him. He said he has been trying to protect that good quality popularly believed by the family, and that was the reason why he has not reported her newly discovered characters to anyone and was hoping that she would change sooner .

He said for the past two years, that his wife slapped or beat him on the slightest provocation. He showed us old and new wounds all over his body. He said he has been enduring it all these while . He further said he noticed his wife was becoming stronger and happy with her actions because every time she would introduce new styles of beating him.

He said on this faithful day, there was an argument and before he could say one or two words, one, two slaps don land gidigba for his face. She didn't stop there, but went further to use her high heel shoes on him. Not yet done she went further to bite him severally ( the hand bite almost resulted in Whitlow). We saw with our eyes all the injuries inflicted on him . In fact, my younger brother had to ask him if his legs and hands were tied together while all these were going on. He said he was just smiling and trying to hold her together .

After all these, he said he had to talked to himself: for how long would these continue? He said his wife was doing all these just because she knows his position towards beating a lady, and before they got married he had one time or the other condemned men that do beat their wives and even called them animals.

The wife having realised this, was now doing the beating and expecting the husband to keep to his words and be strong in his conviction .

He said on this particular day, when his wife had finished doing her worst, he went to her ( not in anger but intentionally) and told her that what he was about to do is necessary at this point . That he wanted to prove one thing, which is , not that he doesn't have the power to beat but he has vowed not to in his life and seeing the type of woman she is, he has to prove this point today.

He first begged for forgiveness from God and her, and then, immediately, he landed two hot slaps on her face which caught her unawares and her jaw dropped.

Immediately he did this ,she went straight to pick up her phone and started calling her relatives and telling them lies that he has nearly finished her with beating .

In this case , what is your judgement ?
I can only guess that this story was designed to make your bro appear not guilty which he actually is. Having vowed not to beat his wife, he has nothing to prove to her. That was a temptation he had to overcome. When Satan tempted Jesus to turn stone to bread or jump from a height, He [Jesus ] didn't do any of them, not because He didn't have the powers or cos He's proved everything. He simply didn't do them cos they were wrong .
Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by Fulba(m): 2:28pm On May 08, 2015
Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by innervoice(m): 2:36pm On May 08, 2015
Anyone who raises his or her hand against another, should expect to get what was given out.
However, your brother should have better reacted earlier, before he could take it no more and before giving her the beating of her life. I would have made use of other options available to me but I am not judging him since I have a gentle wife by my side.
Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by Fulba(m): 2:38pm On May 08, 2015
Mishydoo:
Against wife beating my foot....!

Everyone has a reason fr doing evil things,
That ur reason cover two pages of Fullscap sheet dsnt mk it ryt!!

News Flash!
Ur Bro Just Became A Wife Beater And Destroyed His Home!

Mishydoo:
Against wife beating my foot....!

Everyone has a reason fr doing evil things,
That ur reason cover two pages of Fullscap sheet dsnt mk it ryt!!

News Flash!
Ur Bro Just Became A Wife Beater And Destroyed His Home!

You have never been there so you will not understand how horrible it feels to be the man in such situation. The feeling is almost like being oppressed everyday of your life. Any small thing that happens between people in such union, the lady start beating the hell out of the man. I've been there, so I know how it feels and kills the man slowly. In a nutshell, it completely demoralize and put the man in an abused state of being constantly assaulted and oppressed.
Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by RaeMystix: 3:21pm On May 08, 2015
honeric01:
Before doing this, he should have in one of these incidents recorded the beatings he got from the wife so as to show as evidence when the blackmail starts.

Any woman that beats a man deserves to be beaten.. call me old fashion i don't care..if you have the power to beat a man, you should have the strength to receive same beatings.

That's a very smart idea.
Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by Mishydoo(m): 3:41pm On May 08, 2015
Fulba:

You have never been there so you will not understand how horrible it feels to be the man in such situation. The feeling is almost like being oppressed everyday of your life. Any small thing that happens between people in such union, the lady start beating the hell out of the man. I've been there, so I know how it feels and kills the man slowly. In a nutshell, it completely demoralize and put the man in an abused state of being constantly assaulted and oppressed.

Dude,der sure as hell is nothing to understand.Marriage isnt fr kids!

A mature husband shld kw dat when a wife hits u,it isnt "Beating"...its d way she expresses displeasure.

some wives wld starve dia husbands sex,some wld burn his clothes,some others wld move out,still others wld refuse to cook or do any house choirs,or Nag u to death....Its left for the husband to find out wat he needs to do to make his wife HAPPY.SHEZ UPSET AND UR JOB SHLD BE TO MK HER HAPPY,...EVEN D BIBLE SAYS U LOVE UR WIFE AS UR OWN BODY.
Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by Dragonking: 3:56pm On May 08, 2015
juman:

A woman that urinate through her back beated her husband many times even bitten him severally without husband do anything, abeg nah lie. Big lie.

It is obvious you don't know anything and will learn the hard way..some ladies here on Nairaland have confessed to beating their boyfriend and husband and you are here behaving like a JJC.

I hope u won't fall a victim b4 you learn.
Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by kennyjodeci(m): 4:32pm On May 08, 2015
Hmm.... Na just to arrange a fine girl wey go born pikin for me, pay her and take my kids...I'm a very hot tempered Guy, I'm not sure if I can be able to take all thz in marriage
Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by Dragonking: 4:36pm On May 08, 2015
tabletop:
Let's hear from the woman first. Some Men can paint their wife to be a jezebel. I live with one. So possesive, insecure. Just †̥ђɑt i put up my picture on watsaap, i got a slap †̥ђɑt almost blinded me." Don't work or i divorce", dont be on social media" dnt go to the gym. I must knw where U̅ are once U̅ are going out". Cheats like hell, lies without shame. ɑ̤̈̊nd when am fustrated throw up a fight cos am not the talking type. He can kill one's self- esteem with his word. People wil say am a street fighter. When he has unleashed d dragon i never knwe i had in me.

So why are u still leaving with him??
Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by repogirl(f): 4:38pm On May 08, 2015
Ahdontbilivit!

Which man has been the patience to endure that kind of woman and be 'preserving' her image? Most men would have called family meeting over her issue siiiiiiince and would not suffer in silence.
Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by juman(m): 4:41pm On May 08, 2015
Dragonking:

It is obvious you don't know anything and will learn the hard way..some ladies here on Nairaland have confessed to beating their boyfriend and husband and you are here behaving like a JJC.

I hope u won't fall a victim b4 you learn.

grin grin

Funny.
Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by Dragonking: 4:47pm On May 08, 2015
Mishydoo:

Dude,der sure as hell is nothing to understand.Marriage isnt fr kids!

A mature husband shld kw dat when a wife hits u,it isnt "Beating"...its d way she expresses displeasure.

some wives wld starve dia husbands sex,some wld burn his clothes,some others wld move out,still others wld refuse to cook or do any house choirs,or Nag u to death....Its left for the husband to find out wat he needs to do to make his wife HAPPY.SHEZ UPSET AND UR JOB SHLD BE TO MK HER HAPPY,...EVEN D BIBLE SAYS U LOVE UR WIFE AS UR OWN BODY.

Are u married?
Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by Dragonking: 4:49pm On May 08, 2015
repogirl:
Ahdontbilivit!

Which man has been the patience to endure that kind of woman and be 'preserving' her image? Most men would have called family meeting over her issue siiiiiiince and would not suffer in silence.

Read this poster case below nd wise up

Fulba:

Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by repogirl(f): 4:58pm On May 08, 2015
Dragonking:

Read this poster case below nd wise up

that poster should go and pray for deliverance and check whether she has held him down with juju that he feels so helpless cos its cowardly and not manly to be oppressed in such a way!
Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by Donpiero1: 4:59pm On May 08, 2015
timawoku:
Hmm...

'This uprising will bring out the beast in us'

If I were to be him, I would leave the house for some days, then come back to check if her senses are back. I would do so until I find solace outside and that might spell doom for the marriage. But I won't bring out the beast in me.
y nt let d beast in u out? or u wnt to b called good man!
Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by Dragonking: 5:03pm On May 08, 2015
Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by Dragonking: 5:03pm On May 08, 2015
repogirl:
that poster should go and pray for deliverance and check whether she has held him down with juju that he feels so helpless cos its cowardly and not manly to be oppressed in such a way!

You can see where the problem lies? If a man doesn't beat his wife but reports the situation, he is seen as a coward/ somebody being used by juju.....if the man beats the wife, you will still tag him as a beast. Na wah for women sha.
Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by Donpiero1: 5:07pm On May 08, 2015
i wil start beating my gf.she realy need it.now i knw.
Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by Donpiero1: 5:10pm On May 08, 2015
av learnt.
Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by Mishydoo(m): 5:12pm On May 08, 2015
Dragonking:

Are u married?

I wldnt say I am...but I rili cnt say for sure one way or the other grin
Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by repogirl(f): 5:14pm On May 08, 2015
Dragonking:

You can see where the problem lies? If a man doesn't beat his wife but reports the situation, he is seen as a coward/ somebody being used by juju.....if the man beats the wife, you will still tag him as a beast. Na wah for women sha.
okay, where did the say he should beat her, oya quote where I said that.

There can be resolution to things like this without trading blows. My point is that it isn't normal for a man to keep quiet and accept his fate like that without doing nothing.
Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by Dragonking: 5:19pm On May 08, 2015
repogirl:
okay, where did the say he should beat her, oya quote where I said that.

There can be resolution to things like this without trading blows. My point is that it isn't normal for a man to keep quiet and accept his fate like that without doing nothing.

am not saying u said so..that's what most ladies say sha....there are many men being battered in their homes than u can imagine. The only thing is that in Africa, a man will be tagged as weak if he goes to report the case of being abused by his wife to the police or anyone, hence many are dying in silence.

BTW what resolution do u think is best? Divorce? It is not as easy as u think about divorce.
Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by austinbrown: 5:19pm On May 08, 2015
Shyna112:
For no reason should you slap your wife
see them, future man beater
Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by hamilton62(m): 5:39pm On May 08, 2015
akinboyepelumi9:
The Man is to be blame jare, Why didn't he report her to her Family?? I am sure the family knows her true Colour, and would have mentioned it in the process of rebuking her. She might have been the area fighter and pretend to be "Madam Peace" whenever she's with him and his family.

What did you call him? A man! Not everything he sees in his union will he tell his people after all who married her in the family for him if not his sole acceptance and doing.
No man will like his family looking bad on his wife until it goes hell way.
The man was too gentle... I am against beating a woman but some of them need it because of their stupid nature of taking advantage of a man's quality. No good wife will even hit the husband.
For me, I would have given her the benefit of doubt for the first time if the holy spirit was on me because I know it's hard for me, but the. 2nd time I will bamboozle her send her home to stay with the mum so that she'll advice her on how her father would have killed her if she did it to him.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by repogirl(f): 5:40pm On May 08, 2015
Dragonking:

am not saying u said so..that's what most ladies say sha....there are many men being battered in their homes than u can imagine. The only thing is that in Africa, a man will be tagged as weak if he goes to report the case of being abused by his wife to the police or anyone, hence many are dying in silence.

BTW what resolution do u think is best? Divorce? It is not as easy as u think about divorce.
yeah, divorce is not easy but sometimes its what is needed, for the sake of the kids and the sanity of the oppressed or else one day, he will get so angry that he will do something ghastly.

Anyhoo divorce is kinda extreme, first they can discuss the issue with both families, try to sort things out and if it's not working then separation abeg. I really can't imagine living Under the same roof with a spouse like that, calmly waiting for the next thrashing and doing nothing about it.
Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by Dragonking: 5:51pm On May 08, 2015
repogirl:
yeah, divorce is not easy but sometimes its what is needed, for the sake of the kids and the sanity of the oppressed or else one day, he will get so angry that he will do something ghastly.

Anyhoo divorce is kinda extreme, first they can discuss the issue with both families, try to sort things out and if it's not working then separation abeg. I really can't imagine living Under the same roof with a spouse like that, calmly waiting for the next thrashing and doing nothing about it.

Am glad u understand. I was actually shocked some many weeks back when some ladies here confessed hitting their boyfriends and husbands..The problem is dat some ladies love hitting men, especially the ones that re forming that they cant hit a lady...divorce isn't the best way out sha nd it is best both party look for a way out, if not, maybe then they can get divorced.
Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by hamilton62(m): 5:54pm On May 08, 2015
madgoat:
Kudos to dat husband... But the guy messed up big time. He should have me it 10 hot slaps with some punches to follow. Thats the way to pass across d msg to her grin
No! He won't like to dent the beautiful wife he has...
Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by ewosk: 6:12pm On May 08, 2015
poo happens in dis lyf ...

Just praying none of these daughters of Jezebel come near my abode or dat of my siblings

my Neighbor @ om na area mama, her husband(or wife) humility and tolerance is legendary... I never pray for any1 to marry a violent woman...Hell on earth
Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by Prettydiamond(f): 6:51pm On May 08, 2015
Its not his fault. That is the character of a perfect gentleman.
Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by AyeeIdris(f): 7:44pm On May 08, 2015
ademega:

Well , this is a Tru life story . they Dont stay in the same state with their parents . yea , the wife claimed it was bruise he sustained during a big fight , but failed to explain how come the dip bite and belt marks. And she doesn't have any to point to . yea, for two years , It was a gradual levels of abuse . from bad to worse . the husband thought he would change but she was getting worse till that day .
Funny enough , do you that was the last time any abuse occoured in that house ?
Well op, i know he is your family and u are likely to believe him over her. But in your start up , you said she was a good person too but then became a tiger. Keep an open mind dat your brother may have a different persona in the house. Many cases of domestic violence....people never believe ....ha that gentle man...that friendly man.....
This cannot be over 2 slaps. The wife used d words ' has been beating her" not " he beat her"
If this is true though, no one has monopoly of violence. If a woman slaps a man, he should slap her back on the spot
Re: Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? by taryour(f): 7:55pm On May 08, 2015
honeric01:
Before doing this, he should have in one of these incidents recorded the beatings he got from the wife so as to show as evidence when the blackmail starts.

Any woman that beats a man deserves to be beaten.. call me old fashion i don't care..if you have the power to beat a man, you should have the strength to receive same beatings.

GBAM!!!

@op sorry to say but your cousin dense small o. He endured beating for 2 years from his wife. He for wait till she feed him with rat poison na.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Wife Disregarded My Instructions! I Stopped Calling Her! / I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing / 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.