Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,337 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Why Can't God Heal Amputees? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Can't God Heal Amputees? (2724 Views)

Why Can't God Answer The Prayers Of People Who Believe In Him? / Why Doesn't God Heal Everyone? / Doctors Can Now Give Amputees Real Hands, When God Cannot. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't God Heal Amputees? by dalaman: 11:23am On May 08, 2015
We are told that there is nothing God can not do. We are also told about God performing miracles and wonders regularly, but the healing of amputees and restoration of their amputated limbs seems to be impossible for God to do from my observations. Why can't God heal amputees?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Can't God Heal Amputees? by Nobody: 11:39am On May 08, 2015
dalaman:
We are told that there is nothing God can not so. We are also told about God performing miracles and wonders regularly, but the healing of amputees and restoration of their amputated limbs seems to be impossible for God to do from my observations. Why can't God heal amputees?
hian, which kind question be dis nah ? Do u need someone to spell it out for you ? There is no God

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't God Heal Amputees? by johnydon22(m): 11:39am On May 08, 2015
[size=20] in the MIND of the believer, god can do everything, in reality he can't even say "hi"[/size] grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't God Heal Amputees? by johnydon22(m): 11:43am On May 08, 2015
Some church members came to me one day started their preachings, i just listened and watched. nothing they were saying as you know is new to me.. i heard one say "nothing is impossible for god" and then i asked "why haven't he healed any amputee before" the other shouted "but thats impossible shocked" i nearly broke my ass bone laughing. cheesygrin

5 Likes

Re: Why Can't God Heal Amputees? by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 08, 2015
johnydon22:
Some church members came to me one day started their preachings, i just listened and watched. nothing they were saying as you know is new to me.. i heard one say "nothing is impossible for god" and then i asked "why haven't he healed any amputee before" the other shouted "but thats impossible shocked" i nearly broke my ass bone laughing. cheesygrin
now, dis got me laughing really hard...it's usually these guys that answer christians because their parents and grandparents answer christians; 'snot like they are totally convinced of God's existence
Re: Why Can't God Heal Amputees? by Nobody: 12:38pm On May 08, 2015
Who says He doesn't?

There have been testimonies of limbs growing back during ministrations. They are called creative miracles. It's another realm of the gift of healing entirely.

If he can raise the dead, what is in a missing limb? I just feel though that it is not so common cos it requires a higher level of faith on the part of the amputee and/or Minister involved, which many dont have. I don't know how many of us will trust God enough to make a missing limb grow back in the twinkling of an eye.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't God Heal Amputees? by Dereformer(m): 12:46pm On May 08, 2015
What I read on Nairaland these days shakes my faith.

Lord Jesus, please do not let me stray away from you.

For I know of your existence and your ways are not the ways of men.

Your thoughts are beyond human thoughts and your actions beyond human comprehension.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't God Heal Amputees? by dalaman: 12:50pm On May 08, 2015
Gaborone:
Who says He doesn't?

There have been testimonies of limbs growing back during ministrations.

Where are such testimonies?
Re: Why Can't God Heal Amputees? by johnydon22(m): 12:50pm On May 08, 2015
Gaborone:
Who says He doesn't?

There have been testimonies of limbs growing back during ministrations. They are called creative miracles. It's another realm of the gift of healing entirely.

If he can raise the dead, what is in a missing limb? I just feel though that it is not so common cos it requires a higher level of faith on the part of the amputee and/or Minister involved, which many dont have. I don't know how many of us will trust God enough to make a missing limb grow back in the twinkling of an eye.

hahahahaha really? so you have seen a limb grow back before??

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't God Heal Amputees? by johnydon22(m): 12:51pm On May 08, 2015
Dereformer:
What I read on Nairaland these days shakes my faith.

Lord Jesus, please do not let me stray away from you.

For I know of your existence and your ways are not the ways of men.

Your thoughts are beyond human thoughts and your actions beyond human comprehension.

lmao, you are praying to jesus on nairaland? does he have a nairaland account too?? grin

5 Likes

Re: Why Can't God Heal Amputees? by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 08, 2015
johnydon22:

hahahahaha really? so you have seen a limb grow back before??

grin

Would have been disappointed if I hadn't gotten a mention for my 'incredible' comment.

No I haven't seen one. Just read.

It's your turn to field questions: do you believe only the things you have seen...or can see?

1 Like

Re: Why Can't God Heal Amputees? by johnydon22(m): 1:12pm On May 08, 2015
Gaborone:

grin

Would have been disappointed if I hadn't gotten a mention for my 'incredible' comment.

No I haven't seen one. Just read.

It's your turn to field questions: do you believe only the things you have seen...or can see?

Lmao, No pictures or videos... hehehehehehehehehe. . How come you asserted it happened when you don't even knowgrin

For your question, its quite simple, deductive intuition is enough to grasp some simple phenomenas. with extra ordinary claims we require exrra ordinary evidence.grin i agree with things based on their ability to be substantiated and demonstrated. smiley
Re: Why Can't God Heal Amputees? by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 08, 2015
dalaman:

Where are such testimonies?

I don't have them with me. The people who got them are the ones who still have them.
Re: Why Can't God Heal Amputees? by johnydon22(m): 1:17pm On May 08, 2015
Gaborone:

I don't have them with me. The people who got them are the ones who still have them.

videos or pictures?? cheesy
Re: Why Can't God Heal Amputees? by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 08, 2015
johnydon22:

Be with you to continue the discuss later. Don't want to get sacked.
grin
Re: Why Can't God Heal Amputees? by dalaman: 2:02pm On May 08, 2015
Gaborone:

Who are they? Don't they have names? Where are the before and after pictures?
Re: Why Can't God Heal Amputees? by vooks: 2:10pm On May 08, 2015
No amount of evidence would convince you
Re: Why Can't God Heal Amputees? by Ranchhoddas: 2:46pm On May 08, 2015
vooks:
do you really believe that?
Re: Why Can't God Heal Amputees? by johnydon22(m): 2:47pm On May 08, 2015
vooks:
Nope, an authentic video would. or maybe do it in front of me...wink thats the nature of skepticism. when presented with an undeniable proof it agrees to the subject. . .

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't God Heal Amputees? by menesheh(m): 3:51pm On May 08, 2015
No, god only heal sickness that suppose to have been healed by itself anyway.

The secret to getting results from prayers is to pray for something that was going to happen anyway

4 Likes

Re: Why Can't God Heal Amputees? by Nobody: 7:14pm On May 08, 2015
dalaman:

Who are they? Don't they have names? Where are the before and after pictures?

There is a reason I gave you the name of such miracles, and it was to aid you in your quest to find out about such miracles.

I'm not going to do that for you; you're the one who is consumed with 'proofs', so kindly go online and help yourself out with the search.

Thanks. wink
Re: Why Can't God Heal Amputees? by dalaman: 7:24pm On May 08, 2015
Gaborone:

There is a reason I gave you the name of such miracles, and it was to aid you in your quest to find out about such miracles.

I'm not going to do that for you; you're the one who is consumed with 'proofs', so kindly go online and help yourself out with the search.

Thanks. wink

I searched and found nothing.
Re: Why Can't God Heal Amputees? by Kay17: 7:33pm On May 08, 2015
Gaborone:
Who says He doesn't?

But these miracles are conveniently hidden away from public eye. Besides there isnt the same level of scrutiny in amongst believers as against outsiders and secularists.
Re: Why Can't God Heal Amputees? by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 08, 2015
johnydon22:

Go online. Sure you made no attempts at that before coming here. Google 'videos of creative miracles'.
Re: Why Can't God Heal Amputees? by johnydon22(m): 7:47pm On May 08, 2015
Gaborone:

Go online. Sure you made no attempts at that before coming here. Google 'videos of creative miracles'.

Am sure you might have seen one of these videos before, just post us a link of one. . i would certainly love to see a video where an amputee limb grew back. . smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't God Heal Amputees? by dalaman: 8:04pm On May 08, 2015
johnydon22:

Am sure you might have seen one of these videos before, just post us a link of one. . i would certainly love to see a video where an amputee limb grew back. . smiley

She should just post the video of an amputee regaining his/her amputated limbs back and end it all.
Re: Why Can't God Heal Amputees? by Nobody: 8:36pm On May 08, 2015
dalaman:

I searched and found nothing.

Google 'videos of creative miracles'. Did that and saw some videos on youtube, but couldn't watch, cos of poor network. So, don't know exactly what they contain. But you're the one in need of such proofs, so try them out.

Even if it turns out there are no videos or pics of these miracles, I would still believe what I have read, for the sheer reason that God is omnipotent.
Re: Why Can't God Heal Amputees? by dalaman: 8:40pm On May 08, 2015
Gaborone:

Google 'videos of creative miracles'. Did that and saw some videos on youtube, but couldn't watch, cos of poor network. So, don't know exactly what they contain. But you're the one in need of such proofs, so try them out.

Even if it turns out there are no videos or pics of these miracles, I would still believe what I have read, for the sheer reason that God is omnipotent.

I did and found no amputated limbs restored.
Re: Why Can't God Heal Amputees? by Nobody: 9:13pm On May 08, 2015
dalaman:

I did and found no amputated limbs restored.

Oh, okay. I know your faith is based on videos, pictures and all, so I'm really sorry about that.

Mine is not anyway, so I keep on believing.

smiley
Re: Why Can't God Heal Amputees? by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 08, 2015
Kay17:

But these miracles are conveniently hidden away from public eye. Besides there isnt the same level of scrutiny in amongst believers as against outsiders and secularists.

If I told you of 'unbelievable' testimonies people have shared in church, while holding 'before' and 'after' test results, you wouldn't believe, so, what's the point?
Re: Why Can't God Heal Amputees? by dalaman: 9:32pm On May 08, 2015
Gaborone:

Oh, okay. I know your faith is based on videos, pictures and all, so I'm really sorry about that.

Mine is not anyway, so I keep on believing.

smiley

I believe things based on how real they are not based on superstition, urban legend and mythology? If you are comfortable in accepting things based only on hear say then good for you. As for me I don't .
Re: Why Can't God Heal Amputees? by Kay17: 9:34pm On May 08, 2015
Gaborone:

If I told you of 'unbelievable' testimonies people have shared in church, while holding 'before' and 'after' test results, you wouldn't believe, so, what's the point?

Whenever you fall ill, do you pray for healing without any resort to orthodox medicine?

(1) (2) (Reply)

French PM Supports Bans On Muslim Women On Burkinis / The Bitter Truth About Jesus / See Why Dr. Paul Enenche, Wife, Dunamis Members Cried Today During Service (PIX)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.