Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,727 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Private Schools And Exploitation: My Story!!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Private Schools And Exploitation: My Story!!! (1046 Views)

10,444 Illegal Private Schools In Lagos To Be Shut Down / Boarding Schools And Lesbianism / Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Private Schools And Exploitation: My Story!!! by horlak(m): 12:54pm On May 08, 2015
I just resigned from my job NOW!

It started like a joke. We thought she didn’t mean it but Alas! We’re wrong.

I have been working in a private school in Katsina state since August 2011. In fact, we started the school together. The school began like a play in August 2011 with 14 pupils/students from Nursery to JSS 2. Against all odd, we stood by the proprietress nurtured the school from its infant to almost an adult. The school now has population of close to 400 pupils/students.

What goes wrong?

In 2012, I applied for my Master degree programme in Bayero University kano and was given admission. Since the students were not many and the school had three (3) English language teachers, we made an arrangement that my periods should be fixed to when I was not having classes in Kano. Everything went on smoothly without complaint from either the management or the students. Meanwhile, the school did not sponsor my education. I was only allowed to attend lectures whenever I had lectures and my salary was paid in full.

When I finished my course work in April 2013, I was appointed as the Principal of the school. Things went on well not until last week, Thursday 30th April, 2015 when the Vice-Principal resigned that all hell let loose. The Proprietress was so furious that she called an emergency ‘management meeting’ on Monday 4th April, 2015 and informed the ‘management’ that she would not honoured the resignation of the vice-principal simply because he was also going to ABU Zaria once in a while to see his supervisor.
In nutshell, she informed us that all of us that are benefiting from the school by going for further studies- the head-teacher of the primary section and myself should bring our 1st degree certificate in order to enter into bond with the school and she decides when we leave her job or resign with immediate effect.

After all discussions and advises, she stood by what she sad.

Lessons learnt:

1. Private establishment is an exploitation arena,

2. Be wise! Never be carried away with whatever you earn from a private establishment,

3. Never be a fool a enter into a bond with your certificate.

Please, put this to FP for people to learn from it.
Re: Private Schools And Exploitation: My Story!!! by TS2(m): 12:57pm On May 08, 2015
Sorry
Re: Private Schools And Exploitation: My Story!!! by Gboliwe: 1:01pm On May 08, 2015
horlak:
I just resigned from my job NOW!
It started like a joke. We thought she didn’t mean it but Alas! We’re wrong.
I have been working in a private school in Katsina state since August 2011. In fact, we started the school together. The school began like a play in August 2011 with 14 pupils/students from Nursery to JSS 2. Against all odd, we stood by the proprietress nurtured the school from its infant to almost an adult. The school now has population of close to 400 pupils/students.
What goes wrong?
In 2012, I applied for my Master degree programme in Bayero University kano and was given admission. Since the students were not many and the school had three (3) English language teachers, we made an arrangement that my periods should be fixed to when I was not having classes in Kano. Everything went on smoothly without complaint from either the management or the students. Meanwhile, the school did not sponsor my education. I was only allowed to attend lectures whenever I had lectures and my salary was paid in full.
When I finished my course work in April 2013, I was appointed as the Principal of the school. Things went on well not until last week, Thursday 30th April, 2015 when the Vice-Principal resigned that all hell let loose. The Proprietress was so furious that she called an emergency ‘management meeting’ on Monday 4th April, 2015 and informed the ‘management’ that she would not honoured the resignation of the vice-principal simply because he was also going to ABU Zaria once in a while to see his supervisor.
In nutshell, she informed us that all of us that are benefiting from the school by going for further studies- the head-teacher of the primary section and myself should bring our 1st degree certificate in order to enter into bond with the school and she decides when we leave her job or resign with immediate effect.
After all discussions and advises, she stood by what she sad.
Lessons learnt:
1. Private establishment is an exploitation arena,
2. Be wise! Never be carried away with whatever you earn from a private establishment,
3. Never be a fool a enter into a bond with your certificate.
Please, put this to FP for people to learn from it.
And you wonder how witches look like during the day. That your proprietress is a witch. Witches don't like the progress of others. Witches would always want a master-slave relationship.

But, you resigning, have you weighed your options? That's a bold step you took. I pray it works out for you. Sometimes, we need to teach the witches a lesson.
Re: Private Schools And Exploitation: My Story!!! by Jodasy: 1:42pm On May 08, 2015
My dear don.t mind them.most private school owners are very wicked.u may think they like u but in their heart they hate u.they want u 2 b answering them sirs and mas all d time.the day they will turn against u,u will be surprise.they will alwaz tell u 'soldier go soldier come'try 2 use ur sence when u ar with them.

(1) (Reply)

2015/2016 Admission Into Houdegbe North American University,republic Du Benin / Tuition Fee Is Free, Scholarship 2015/16, Admission! Awaiting Results Can Apply / 2016/2017 AAUA Aspirants Whatsapp Grp.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.