Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,223 members, 7,953,838 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:34 AM

Man To Pay Child Support For Only One Twin As DNA Test Says The Other Is Not His - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man To Pay Child Support For Only One Twin As DNA Test Says The Other Is Not His (1125 Views)

Cheating Nigerian Wife Threatens A Man Who Said Men Should Do DNA Test / Between Husband, Lover: Court Orders DNA Test Over Paternity Of 3-yr-old Boy / Man Faints As DNA Shows His 4 Kids Belong To Neighbours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man To Pay Child Support For Only One Twin As DNA Test Says The Other Is Not His by Defcon1(m): 6:21pm On May 08, 2015
A New Jersey judge has ruled that a man only has to pay child support for one twin girl after a DNA test showed he was not the other's father

.A mother can conceive babies from different fathers if she has sex with two men in the same week and an egg is fertilized by each one The judge only found two other similar paternity cases across the country

It is possible - but rare - for a woman to give birth to twins with two fathers.
It happens when the woman has sexual intercourse with two men in the same week - during the same menstrual cycle - and releases two eggs. An egg is then fertilized by each man.

The mother, who was in a relationship with the man at the time of conceiving, admitted to having a sexual relationship with another man in the same week.

An academic study in 1997 found that twins have different fathers in one out of every 13,000 reported paternity cases involving twins.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3072581/Twins-different-fathers-judge-finds-paternity-case.html
Re: Man To Pay Child Support For Only One Twin As DNA Test Says The Other Is Not His by taryour(f): 7:32pm On May 08, 2015
Defcon1:
A New Jersey judge has ruled that a man only has to pay child support for one twin girl after a DNA test showed he was not the other's father

.A mother can conceive babies from different fathers if she has sex with two men in the same week and an egg is fertilized by each one The judge only found two other similar paternity cases across the country

It is possible - but rare - for a woman to give birth to twins with two fathers.
It happens when the woman has sexual intercourse with two men in the same week - during the same menstrual cycle - and releases two eggs. An egg is then fertilized by each man.

The mother, who was in a relationship with the man at the time of conceiving, admitted to having a sexual relationship with another man in the same week.

An academic study in 1997 found that twins have different fathers in one out of every 13,000 reported paternity cases involving twins.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3072581/Twins-different-fathers-judge-finds-paternity-case.html

Seriously A set of twin with different fathers. Nawa o, wetin pesin no go hear for this life.
Re: Man To Pay Child Support For Only One Twin As DNA Test Says The Other Is Not His by Defcon1(m): 8:06pm On May 08, 2015
taryour:

Seriously A set of twin with different fathers. Nawa o, wetin pesin no go hear for this life.
Sister, na so l see am O!
It's possible
Re: Man To Pay Child Support For Only One Twin As DNA Test Says The Other Is Not His by cococandy(f): 8:28pm On May 08, 2015
Very possible
Re: Man To Pay Child Support For Only One Twin As DNA Test Says The Other Is Not His by bebe2(f): 9:41pm On May 08, 2015
cococandy:
Very possible

How? I thought twins are one cell dat divides?

Dats why i hate hospital nursery, like they do in in America.

I prefer the UK system, once ur baby slips out, they put him/her on ur chest.

Take her two feet away get her dressed, put her in a cot next to ur bed.

The baby is never out of ur sight.
Re: Man To Pay Child Support For Only One Twin As DNA Test Says The Other Is Not His by AtheistD(m): 9:47pm On May 08, 2015
bebe2:

Or 2 separate eggs fertilised by 2 separate spermatozoa. In this case she slept with 2 men within her ovulation cycle and she had more than one egg fertilised.

1 Like

Re: Man To Pay Child Support For Only One Twin As DNA Test Says The Other Is Not His by freecocoa(f): 9:51pm On May 08, 2015
Before is he supposed to pay for someone else's child? Why is there a thread about this?

1 Like

Re: Man To Pay Child Support For Only One Twin As DNA Test Says The Other Is Not His by bebe2(f): 10:23pm On May 08, 2015
AtheistD:

Or 2 separate eggs fertilised by 2 separate spermatozoa. In this case she slept with 2 men within her ovulation cycle and she had more than one egg fertilised.

I thot once an egg gets fertilised, the " door "
Is shit to the other contestants?
Re: Man To Pay Child Support For Only One Twin As DNA Test Says The Other Is Not His by cococandy(f): 10:24pm On May 08, 2015
Can also be two eggs fertilized by two sperm cells in the same monthly cycle.

Like me and my twin. grin

Yea about that, in this case, the woman admits having had sex with someone else that same week as the baby daddy.
Besides they can use the mom's DNA to know If she's the mother. If she is and the man is not the father, then case closed

bebe2:

Re: Man To Pay Child Support For Only One Twin As DNA Test Says The Other Is Not His by cococandy(f): 10:30pm On May 08, 2015
bebe2:

I thot once an egg gets fertilised, the " door "
Is shit to the other contestants?
For that particular egg.

If there's another egg released that cycle waiting in the tube, another sperm cell may fertilize it.

1 Like

Re: Man To Pay Child Support For Only One Twin As DNA Test Says The Other Is Not His by Jman06(m): 10:31pm On May 08, 2015
Very possible for fraternal twins.
Re: Man To Pay Child Support For Only One Twin As DNA Test Says The Other Is Not His by bebe2(f): 11:34pm On May 08, 2015
cococandy:

For that particular egg.

If there's another egg released that cycle waiting in the tube, another sperm cell may fertilize it.

Lol, I shud ve paid more attention In my biology lectures grin
Re: Man To Pay Child Support For Only One Twin As DNA Test Says The Other Is Not His by bukatyne(f): 11:56pm On May 08, 2015
Lucky man.

He did not carry another man's property
Re: Man To Pay Child Support For Only One Twin As DNA Test Says The Other Is Not His by Defcon1(m): 12:17am On May 09, 2015
freecocoa:
Before is he supposed to pay for someone else's child? Why is there a thread about this?
Well, because not everyone is Freecocoawink

However, the whole thing is a rare phenomenon,
and in some other countries they may not have bothered carrying out the test on the other twin based on the assumption that they ought to share the same father.
Re: Man To Pay Child Support For Only One Twin As DNA Test Says The Other Is Not His by cococandy(f): 12:23am On May 09, 2015
bebe2:

Lol, I shud ve paid more attention In my biology lectures grin
grin

(1) (Reply)

The Only Time You Know That You Have Made It In Life (photo) / LOL! Do You FART In Front Of Your Partner? / Your Wife Or Mother?which Comes First In Your Priority

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.