Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

NYSC: 8 Reasons Why You Should Serve In A Rural Community - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC: 8 Reasons Why You Should Serve In A Rural Community (23079 Views)

Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics / Jigawa Corpers Take Lassa-Fever Sensitizations To Rural Community (Photos) / NYSC:8 Things You Must Do Before Passing Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC: 8 Reasons Why You Should Serve In A Rural Community by veave(f): 7:42pm On May 08, 2015
Warning note: sleep with rural ladies/men at your own risk. STDs b flying like parachute there. Even condoms is not enough
Re: NYSC: 8 Reasons Why You Should Serve In A Rural Community by solobenzo(m): 7:44pm On May 08, 2015
undecided
Them they tell blind man say rain dey fall
Re: NYSC: 8 Reasons Why You Should Serve In A Rural Community by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 08, 2015
Martins301:
First I want to wish all those who made it to the 2015 Batch A Orientation camp a happy stay there and a happy service year ahead.

As with the normal tradition, jostling for favourable posting to place of primary assignment will have commenced. Many would have been told to make sure they join the band group, cultural group, parade team, etc, just so they can be posted to urban areas or state capitals. Many will end up bribing NYSC camp officials while some may even go to the lenght of sleeping with soldiers just so they can achieve that goal. If I hear you complain about corruption in Nigeria ehn! grin

I have been there and I know these things. However, my main intent here is to give you reasons why you should be happy serving in a rural community instead of an urban area (state capital). Hopefully at the end of reading this piece, you will have had enough credible information to enable you reach a decision that will enable you enjoy your service year to the fullest. Here we go.

1. Housing and Feeding

Rural communities are places where you have the cheapest cost of housing and feeding compared to state capitals. A comfortable room with electricity bill for a month can cost as low as N1,000 compared to N2,500 in a state capital. Need I remind you that you are more likely to get freebies such as fresh vegetables, yams, garri, plantain, garri and pepper in a rural community than in an urban centre? If you want your meagre N19,800 monthly allowance to be able to sustain you with you even being able to save some part of it then you should be happy serving in a rural community.

2. Transportation

Your PPA is mostly likely going to be within a trekable distance from your house when you are serving in a rural community plus you can always get unsolicited free rides from members of your community. Go state capital go tell Hausa, Ibo or Yoruba man wey come from faraway come hussle for survival make him carry you free. Him go rebuke you like devil. grin

3. Save! Save! Save!

Just in case you failed to grab the essence of point 1 & 2 above, am making it obvious. This is especially for those who understand the harsh economic realities currently facing Nigeria. The truth is there is no guaranteed job waiting for your at the end of your service year. You therefore need some change that can sustain you during the job hunt. If you are looking for a means to quickly squander your meagre allawe, then keep praying and lobbying to be posted to the state capital. Reality will set in when you stop recieving monthly credit alert from federal government.

4. Personal CDS Project

If you want to win that state prize and even shake hand with President Buhari my role model at the end of your service year then consider it a good thing to serve in a rural community. The reason here is that rural communities have many unfulfilled needs compared to urban centres and you can tap into these opportunities to carry out a personal CDS project that can win you fame and glory.

5. Less Stringent Rules & Regulations To Follow

Am not in any way trying to encourage indiscipline but there are certain moments in during your service year when you will seriously wish for the rules to be relaxed a little bit. Your wish will most probably be answered in a rural area than otherwise. If you want to ask me which rules and regulations, go grab your NYSC Bye Laws handbook and read through. grin I know for a fact that extension-of-service-year is more common in urban centres so be happy you are not going there.

6. Cultural Integration & Learning

If you really wish to understand the culture of the people in the the state where you are serving then a rural community is the best place to carry out your service. Those who serve in rural areas have over the years proven to be more knowledgeable about their state of deployment than those who serve in urban centres. You too can join this prestigious league.

7. Respect

As a Corp member serving in a rural area, be sure that you are going to be respected not only by members of your community, but also by your employee at your PPA. Majority of incidences of maltreatment of Corp members have often come from urban areas. If you read story of Corp members who were thrown out of their PPA and lodge by their employee (a proprietor in an urban school) then you will treasure this additional benefit of serving in a rural community.

8. Valued Service

This is also an offshoot of point 6 above. Be sure that your service in a rural community will be deeply valued and appreciated because you will be rendering a scarce service to your host community. Please don't fail to take advantage of this.

I hope these few points will convince you on why you should be happy to serve in a rural community. Questions, comments, additions and subtractions are welcome.
God bless the federal republic of Nigeria.

Source: Martins301
You go suffer for labour marker after you don phuck those innocent girls tire. Bad man

1 Like

Re: NYSC: 8 Reasons Why You Should Serve In A Rural Community by Manchelsea(m): 7:50pm On May 08, 2015
Please as a fresh graduate.... I want to create a cv but the question is..... Do cvs contain information like post or position held while in the University or church or even other organizations such as secretary, president etc
Re: NYSC: 8 Reasons Why You Should Serve In A Rural Community by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 08, 2015
10. You will never go through the stress of getting a babe to nyash. Competition full urban area and babes their can be a liability.. but for rural, babes their like to bring food for OGA KOPA
Re: NYSC: 8 Reasons Why You Should Serve In A Rural Community by Bruno3000(m): 7:57pm On May 08, 2015
kcynho:
[size=18pt] DNT CM HERE TO JUSTIFY THE REASON Y U WERE TOLD OR WANA SERVE IN A RURAL AREA,HOSTILITY FULL RURAL AREAS THESE DAYS O![/size]
I tells you! Example D rural areas in Benue, Taraba, n Plateau states. Fulani vs host communities.

1 Like

Re: NYSC: 8 Reasons Why You Should Serve In A Rural Community by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 08, 2015
I served in a semi-rural area. It was better than the usual village but a lot cheaper than the state capital.
Re: NYSC: 8 Reasons Why You Should Serve In A Rural Community by DinhoMVP: 8:02pm On May 08, 2015
Whether Rural or Urban the exercise has lost its meaning its just a stupid venture now!!! So save ur elaboration...NYSC should be scrapped!!!
Re: NYSC: 8 Reasons Why You Should Serve In A Rural Community by Manchelsea(m): 8:05pm On May 08, 2015
Please as a fresh graduate.... I want to create a cv but the question is..... Do cvs contain information like post or position held while in the University or church or even other organizations such as secretary, president
Re: NYSC: 8 Reasons Why You Should Serve In A Rural Community by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 08, 2015
Martins301:
Shout out to all 2014 Batch B corp members.

CC:
we dey hia
Re: NYSC: 8 Reasons Why You Should Serve In A Rural Community by Emodeee: 8:10pm On May 08, 2015
Na urban area sure pass joorh.
Re: NYSC: 8 Reasons Why You Should Serve In A Rural Community by ultrazone(m): 8:10pm On May 08, 2015
NNN
Re: NYSC: 8 Reasons Why You Should Serve In A Rural Community by Emodeee: 8:10pm On May 08, 2015
yungcyrus:
Plus free sexy gals dat will b dying to hav you

na dat one u go lyk

1 Like

Re: NYSC: 8 Reasons Why You Should Serve In A Rural Community by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 08, 2015
DinhoMVP:
Whether Rural or Urban the exercise has lost its meaning its just a stupid venture now!!! So save ur elaboration...NYSC should be scrapped!!!
really I just told a colleague serving in ebonyi state this evening, NYSC is so meaningless anyways I hv been outta my ppa for months chasing the paper
Re: NYSC: 8 Reasons Why You Should Serve In A Rural Community by foxyac3(m): 8:12pm On May 08, 2015
@Op well said.... but at the moment I'm sick n tired of the village I'm posted, can't wait till october.
imagine traveling over 45mins before I use my ATM card. Internet, Oh!Blood of God *sobs*... as bored as villages are, without company Say welcome to bad habits.
Re: NYSC: 8 Reasons Why You Should Serve In A Rural Community by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 08, 2015
Manchelsea:
Please as a fresh graduate.... I want to create a cv but the question is..... Do cvs contain information like post or position held while in the University or church or even other organizations such as secretary, president

You can place such under achievements.
Re: NYSC: 8 Reasons Why You Should Serve In A Rural Community by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 08, 2015
foxyac3:
@Op well said.... but at the moment I'm sick n tired of the village I'm posted, can't wait till october.
imagine traveling over 45mins before I use my ATM card. Internet, Oh!Blood of God *sobs*... as bored as villages are, without company Say welcome to bad habits.

I feel your pain bro but its just for 1 year. Look for something useful to do with ur spare time. Now wil be a gud time to learn a computer skill or any other venture that interests u
Re: NYSC: 8 Reasons Why You Should Serve In A Rural Community by airsaylongcon: 8:23pm On May 08, 2015
Served in a backwater of Rivers. Everyone thinks rivers means porthacourt. Go etche make u know say AC nobi fan. I was 20mins from Owerri and 90mins from PH. Still I won't exchange the experience for anything else. 21 gunshots if u know Nonwa Gbam Tai as well as Egbelubi
Re: NYSC: 8 Reasons Why You Should Serve In A Rural Community by oniru4real: 8:27pm On May 08, 2015
Nice one
Re: NYSC: 8 Reasons Why You Should Serve In A Rural Community by Abdstrakt(m): 8:28pm On May 08, 2015
I can give you a thousand and one reasons why nysc is a waste of time for the most part.
Re: NYSC: 8 Reasons Why You Should Serve In A Rural Community by Hanibal(m): 8:29pm On May 08, 2015
Very true op
rural communities are d best place to enjoy your service year.
I remember those days... free accommodation and all kinds of freebies
I was very important to the community that I was once invited to attend the town council meeting.

I travel at my convenience... my principal no get mouth where I dey talk na.

For all those talking about retainment as their reason for gunning to serve in urban areas... get in touch with reality 90% of you are going to be posted to school to teach... best case scenario you get to serve in a local council secretariat... so tell me abeg who wan retain you?..

How many corpers in Lagos for example get retained by their PPAs? except you know an oga at the top.
For this one year why not give ursef a treat of royalty by serving in a rural community
#last word... in rural communities: your khaki equals royal robe
In urban centers... your khaki equals suffer robe.
(most of d time)
choose one

3 Likes

Re: NYSC: 8 Reasons Why You Should Serve In A Rural Community by Abdstrakt(m): 8:29pm On May 08, 2015
adedeji65:
really I just told a colleague serving in ebonyi state this evening, NYSC is so meaningless anyways I hv been outta my ppa for months chasing the paper
same thing here mate. God bless our hustle.
Re: NYSC: 8 Reasons Why You Should Serve In A Rural Community by khassy(m): 8:31pm On May 08, 2015
you didn't mention free kpanshing ??

why sadsadsadangryangry
Re: NYSC: 8 Reasons Why You Should Serve In A Rural Community by Bigshark(m): 8:33pm On May 08, 2015
ziqqz:
All I can think of are 8 reasons why I should NOT

Cc: FCT; Eko
Nigga those 8points are so onpoint, most copper refuse d knw d fact dat Life as a copper is hard not a bed of roses. I sevred 2009/2010 wen I was sent to d rural area I didn't found it funny, but after som trial to redeploy to town, which prove abortive I had to stay. But I enjoyed dos 8points to d fullest. Is not all abt Eko and Abj, cos its turf out der ranging for accomodation daily sustainability. Now corpers r paid 19,800, but our tym was 9,500.
Re: NYSC: 8 Reasons Why You Should Serve In A Rural Community by foxyac3(m): 8:33pm On May 08, 2015
Martins301:

I feel your pain bro but its just for 1 year. Look for something useful to do with ur spare time. Now wil be a gud time to learn a computer skill or any other venture that interests u

5months to go... I'm doing the best I could. Been Robbed 2times now. The Benefits mentioned above are second to non, the time wasting ish another thing brov.
Respect na die, Bleeping na food (no be indigenes sha o),No stress etc....
Wondering if I would Cope with Lag kirakita for months.
Re: NYSC: 8 Reasons Why You Should Serve In A Rural Community by eyoama(m): 8:34pm On May 08, 2015
The most important reason for nysc is to serve our father land...me thinks there are enough people serving in the cities already....every corper should be posted to rural areas to serve our father land better shocked
Re: NYSC: 8 Reasons Why You Should Serve In A Rural Community by UnimkeAk(m): 8:35pm On May 08, 2015
Martins301:
First I want to wish all those who made it to the 2015 Batch A Orientation camp a happy stay there and a happy service year ahead.

As with the normal tradition, jostling for favourable posting to place of primary assignment will have commenced. Many would have been told to make sure they join the band group, cultural group, parade team, etc, just so they can be posted to urban areas or state capitals. Many will end up bribing NYSC camp officials while some may even go to the lenght of sleeping with soldiers just so they can achieve that goal. If I hear you complain about corruption in Nigeria ehn! grin

I have been there and I know these things. However, my main intent here is to give you reasons why you should be happy serving in a rural community instead of an urban area (state capital). Hopefully at the end of reading this piece, you will have had enough credible information to enable you reach a decision that will enable you enjoy your service year to the fullest. Here we go.

1. Housing and Feeding

2. Transportation

3. Save! Save! Save!

4. Personal CDS Project

5. Less Stringent Rules & Regulations To Follow

6. Cultural Integration & Learning

7. Respect

8. Valued Service

U made some very good points ;
But saving of allawee is a myth ! If u like serve inside a hole.

And the best place to serve is in smaller towns not necessarily rural areas.

U get to enjoy all the amenities u'd enjoy in the city for less.
(Cheaper rates)

1 Like

Re: NYSC: 8 Reasons Why You Should Serve In A Rural Community by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 08, 2015
Abdstrakt:

same thing here mate. God bless our hustle.
Ammin....... Would go back fr pv signing though nd stay der till pop in July
Re: NYSC: 8 Reasons Why You Should Serve In A Rural Community by Edgarated(m): 8:47pm On May 08, 2015
winkvillage people don wisen up oo... khaki 7/7 magic nor dey work again for their side..if they see you wear nysc cloth, u b JJC for their side..they go wan chop you...I rep batch B corps members 53 days to POP sad
Re: NYSC: 8 Reasons Why You Should Serve In A Rural Community by Mcowubaba: 8:49pm On May 08, 2015
hmmmm...it all depends on the Rural area oooo....some na death Zone... But Op u hav a point...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A thread for corpers posted to Cross river / Lets Help Return Their Discharge Certificates / Enugu SME Smes NYSC 2019 Teacher Digital Marketing SEO Agency In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.