Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,591 members, 7,820,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

5 Tips On Making Extra Cash Besides Your Salary - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 5 Tips On Making Extra Cash Besides Your Salary (14798 Views)

Describe Your Salary With A Movie Title!!! / The Hard Truth About Your Salary / When Your NYSC Alawee Is More Than Your Salary (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Tips On Making Extra Cash Besides Your Salary by Godwin10123: 8:45pm On May 08, 2015
"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride."
Everyone wants to be rich, to have enough money to live the good life. But sadly, wishes aren’t horses. If they were, it would indeed be a crazy world. There are no “wish horses”, we’ve got to wake up every morning and work our dreams! The closest anyone gets to a wish horse is money. The more money you can make, the more wishes you can make come true for yourself and those you love.

Here are 5 tips to make that extra cash and get closer to your wishes.

1. Monetize your hobbies
You know how to sew? Great! What about graphics design? If you are good at anything, make efforts to showcase it, join internet forums, and show it on Facebook and Twitter. Let people know what you do for fun. You’ll never know who will be interested. And when people start showing interest, prepare to monetize it. That is a very simple way to make extra money part-time doing what you love doing ordinarily.

2. Get busy on weekends
If you have a Monday to Friday job that allows you free time on weekends, that’s nice. If you love to MC or go into photography or play a musical instrument on weekends, that’s superb. There are always social functions happening every other weekend in Nigeria, especially in Lagos. What you have to do is just identify and plan for some side gigs that you can do on weekends, that way you can make extra money part-time doing side gigs besides your regular pay.

3. Check out commission Jobs
There are many commission-type jobs that will not interfere with your 9 to 5 and will allow you make extra money. These jobs might include sales of products which you may even introduce to your colleagues and friends making them your first clients, to services you can do after work hours or online outsourced jobs. Just make sure there are no conflicts of interest with your 9 to 5.

4. Do research
You will be pleasantly surprised at the opportunities that abound with proper research. It might be a business that requires only a certain level of investment or a part time stint that will give you good financial returns. You won’t be disappointed.

5. Start a small business
Keyword is small. Make sure this business doesn’t affect your 9 to 5. I definitely won’t advise you to shirk your responsibilities at work, but you can take a honest assessment of your job and see if it gives you enough time to start something on the side. Start a blog, set up a training institute, join your friends or spouse to set up a consulting firm, but keep your eyes on the cash!

Find this worth sharing with someone? Just hit the share buttons.
http://www.insidify.com/discovery/side-gigs-5-tips-on-making-extra-cash-besides-your-salary?utm_source=Side+Gig+to+Potential+Unopened&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Side+Gig+to+Potential+Unopened

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Tips On Making Extra Cash Besides Your Salary by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 08, 2015
Good advice. So what are you doing to make extra money for yourself?

5 Likes

Re: 5 Tips On Making Extra Cash Besides Your Salary by Godwin10123: 1:30am On May 09, 2015
tbae:
Good advice. So what are you doing to make extra money for yourself?
Busy weekend
Re: 5 Tips On Making Extra Cash Besides Your Salary by psychologist(m): 7:19am On Nov 22, 2018
Thank God I didn't see blogging, I would have smashed my phone on the floor angry

2 Likes

Re: 5 Tips On Making Extra Cash Besides Your Salary by Watman2: 7:19am On Nov 22, 2018
grin
Re: 5 Tips On Making Extra Cash Besides Your Salary by IMASTEX: 7:19am On Nov 22, 2018
Nice tips
Re: 5 Tips On Making Extra Cash Besides Your Salary by PrinceOgun: 7:20am On Nov 22, 2018
YOU CAN GO INTO BLOGGING , ITS A VERY LUCRATIVE BUSINESS IF YOU DO IT RIGHT JUST TRY AND INVEST IN BUYING PREMUIM THEMES AND PLUGINS !!

Also do not use nulled themes or free themes gotten of the internet or friends , your site would be hacked in the nearest future if you go down this road !

If you do not have money to buy it outrightly from the developers on themeforest , which sells between 49$ - 70$ (20k - 30k in nairia) You can buy it cheaply from resellers here , click the link below >>>>>
https://www.nairaland.com/4549690/banger-buy-premium-wordpress-themes
<<<<<<

More funds in your Aza as you reep the benefits on this selfmade journey of blogging!!
Re: 5 Tips On Making Extra Cash Besides Your Salary by LisaAnne(f): 7:22am On Nov 22, 2018
Noted.
Re: 5 Tips On Making Extra Cash Besides Your Salary by Tochaixrep(m): 7:24am On Nov 22, 2018
Try forex. Ask me how.

1 Like

Re: 5 Tips On Making Extra Cash Besides Your Salary by gabe1234(m): 7:25am On Nov 22, 2018
If I'm to get busy weekends how do I go about it?
Re: 5 Tips On Making Extra Cash Besides Your Salary by Dacronym(m): 7:28am On Nov 22, 2018
Stooooooorrrrryy!
I sell Customised Jerseys which is a perfect Side Hustle Since i dey advertised for nL fp everyone knows me nobody don buy for here before angry
las las Na Make you get Customers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Tips On Making Extra Cash Besides Your Salary by youngest85(m): 7:36am On Nov 22, 2018
How
Re: 5 Tips On Making Extra Cash Besides Your Salary by youngest85(m): 7:37am On Nov 22, 2018
Tochaixrep:
Try forex. Ask me how.
How

3 Likes

Re: 5 Tips On Making Extra Cash Besides Your Salary by Offpoint: 7:54am On Nov 22, 2018
And it took the thread 3 years + to get to the front page... Ha le lu yah
Re: 5 Tips On Making Extra Cash Besides Your Salary by Ruddyman(m): 8:04am On Nov 22, 2018
Good points OP....

but depending on your full time role its not always easy to combine it wit side hustle unless you're witty enough to outsource most of it while you manage it....

I have struggled combining Full time jobs with a side hustle everything requires wisdom, once you have a good enough traction, then zoom off and be on your OWN

---------------

- Want to build Search engine optimized websites / blog for your business, project, portfolio and ideas?

- You want to optimize your existing website / blog for search engine?

- Or You want One on One training on how to build websites using ( HTML, CSS, JS ) + WordPress using real life projects? ( Lagos and Weekend Saturday / Sunday only )

If you're then chat me up on what's 08095966698....
Re: 5 Tips On Making Extra Cash Besides Your Salary by Ceenacks(m): 8:07am On Nov 22, 2018
Please i need advice on how to convert my forum into a blog. A blog that wil now hv a forum in it. Please on ceenacks@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: 5 Tips On Making Extra Cash Besides Your Salary by hemartins(m): 8:21am On Nov 22, 2018
I really want to make more money apart from my salary I have to start thinking how to.
Re: 5 Tips On Making Extra Cash Besides Your Salary by dan900(m): 8:31am On Nov 22, 2018
psychologist:
Thank God I didn't see blogging, I would have smashed my phone on the floor angry

grin grin grin grin As if you were reading my mind. Lol..

IF EARNING N3K DAILY IS NOT TO SMALL FOR YOU. THEN LET ME OPEN YOUR EYES TO EMPTY CARTON ARBITRAGE. IT CAN BE DONE FROM ANYWHERE/STATE IN NIGERIA. IT DOESN'T TAKE TIME. HIGHLY PROFITABLE.

SEE MY SIGNATURE TO REACH ME ON WHATSAPP. CHEERS.
Re: 5 Tips On Making Extra Cash Besides Your Salary by weareok(m): 9:45am On Nov 22, 2018
Tochaixrep:
Try forex. Ask me how.
How
Re: 5 Tips On Making Extra Cash Besides Your Salary by asdfjklhaha(f): 10:12am On Nov 22, 2018
psychologist:
blogging
Re: 5 Tips On Making Extra Cash Besides Your Salary by Lizcasmin(f): 10:29am On Nov 22, 2018
Dacronym:
Stooooooorrrrryy!
I sell Customised Jerseys which is a perfect Side Hustle Since i dey advertised for nL fp everyone knows me nobody don buy for here before angry
las las Na Make you get Customers

Wanna buy�
Re: 5 Tips On Making Extra Cash Besides Your Salary by bigkahuna704(m): 10:54am On Nov 22, 2018
As Long As You Still Get Paid Salary, Your Brain Will Not Put Itself To Use. Quit That Job.
Re: 5 Tips On Making Extra Cash Besides Your Salary by Ayobami7(m): 12:20pm On Nov 22, 2018
noted
Re: 5 Tips On Making Extra Cash Besides Your Salary by Dacronym(m): 1:25pm On Nov 22, 2018
Lizcasmin:

Wanna buy�
Kk Click my WhatsApp Link Below.
Chat with me directly

(1) (Reply)

5 Basic Things You Need To Do During Your Annual Leave / 3 Important Things You Must Know Before Working For Any Nigerian Employer / Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.