Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,217 members, 7,839,138 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera (34365 Views)

Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time / Dangote Rice Coming To Market At Cheap Price / 10 Men Aliko Dangote Cannot Do Without (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by smithadam: 10:10am On May 09, 2015
u should be busy making ur own cash instead of sitting here arguing over people who are already made undecided undecided undecided
Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by dstar01(m): 10:13am On May 09, 2015
derrick333:

Eletenra abi Wtin dem de call am, I Neva for 1s read his hypocrisy article b4 evn dis 1 I no burder to read cus I no say NA gibberish,the guy with highest share in asenal 75% worth 5b while dangote's worth ova 15b

False! Alisher Usmanov net worth is 14.7b USD. yes Dangote is worth more (15.4b USD). but truth is buying a club requires financial sacrifices and I'm not Dangote can make those sacrifices which is also what the writer was trying to say with the article

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by misterjosh(m): 10:16am On May 09, 2015
derrick333:

Eletenra abi Wtin dem de call am, I Neva for 1s read his hypocrisy article b4 evn dis 1 I no burder to read cus I no say NA gibberish,the guy with highest share in asenal 75% worth 5b while dangote's worth ova 15b
Majority of Dangote's wealth r in shares nd physical assets as stated by etc... U don't run a club wit those u nid raw cash... No player is going to accept his wages in shares dat God knws fluctuate in value

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by TopGee: 10:17am On May 09, 2015
But are you sure the football business in England is profitable, yet many clubs there are in debt?
Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by Nobody: 10:17am On May 09, 2015
free2ryhme:

Why shld I be bitter?

He shld go and buy arsenal abi! We are waiting for him to or must it be speculation and ends there

Dangote go and buy arsenal ooooo

NLs are waiting grin

Some wan get HBP on it ooo

The only hater here is you who feels the richest man in Africa cannot buy Arsenal. You are just utterly bitter and nothing more !
Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by Anyi3(m): 10:18am On May 09, 2015
chaz007:
This dude needs a real time job. If music fails, handiwork should succeed.
If he's broke, let him sell his guitar and use the money to start a recharge bizness!

grin grin Why evils? Go easy on him please
Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by Psylas(m): 10:18am On May 09, 2015
Atmmachine:
Do you know how much a player is paid per week ??
To be honest, Dangote is too broke to buy [size=30pt]ARSENAL FC[/size]
He can even afford to buy [size=30pt]PORTSMOUTH FC[/size]
do you know Dangote is 4 times richers than the owner of Chelsea?
Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by chaz007(f): 10:19am On May 09, 2015
UncleJudax:

Which biz do you have? Etcetera de beg you for food ni. Una go just de insult people up and down.
Show us your facts that Dangote can sustainably own Arsenal FC, or shut it.

U reacted like u're the broke dude himself.,,,,,. If u are, wat concerns u and dangote's interest? It's his money, he can buy whatever he likes. He has $15billion USD, u have just N50,000 NG at most. Continue wasting ur precious time critising people that are light year better and richer than u.
Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by kullozone(m): 10:20am On May 09, 2015
derrick333:

NA wa o, who wintch am NA?? Way make him com de wintch anibody way wan go up in life

haha!!

e no go pass one old woman for village na..

1 Like

Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by Kristokx(m): 10:21am On May 09, 2015
Joshkid:

http://www.punchng.com/columnists/etcetera/dangote-cannot-afford-to-buy-arsenal-football-club/
I can't believe this guy wow is he dumb..lol I laff in Japanese it's dangote we are talking about here not adenuga not otedola mehn electric abi Electra do ur research again Dangote can buy 2 arsenal fc
Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by UnknownT: 10:22am On May 09, 2015
Goodnuel:
You joking.. right? grin
Dangote is rated 67th richest person while Abramovich is the 137th richest man. So yes, Dangote is richer
Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by UnknownT: 10:24am On May 09, 2015
luchy34:
dangote richer than abramovich, do u know what u are saying?
Dangote is rated 67th while Abramovich is 137th
Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by derrick333(m): 10:26am On May 09, 2015
misterjosh:
Majority of Dangote's wealth r in shares nd physical assets as stated by etc... U don't run a club wit those u nid raw cash... No player is going to accept his wages in shares dat God knws fluctuate in value
dstar01:

False! Alisher Usmanov net worth is 14.7b USD. yes Dangote is worth more (15.4b USD). but truth is buying a club requires financial sacrifices and I'm not Dangote can make those sacrifices which is also what the writer was trying to say with the article
Dis nt actually the 1st tym dangote is making the intention of buyin arsenal ,dnt u tink he must have made necessary findings N preferences b4 comin up with d idea again?
Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by Psylas(m): 10:28am On May 09, 2015
Atmmachine:

Fool
Wayne Rooney can buy Dangote
Goat! How Wayne Rooney that worth $125m buy Dangote that worth $21.6b?
Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by anigold(m): 10:35am On May 09, 2015
Joshkid:

http://www.punchng.com/columnists/etcetera/dangote-cannot-afford-to-buy-arsenal-football-club/

Arsenal is a profitable brand even after not winning the EPL and trophies for years the club is still returning good profits... Arsenal remains the best runned club in The EPL...

but am not sure Stan kroenke will want to sell his shares. OSMANOV has been battling how to buy more shares.

Dangote should look at buying into the club cos that will be possible.....
Owning a club is not as rosy as most feels.
Owning a club is like owning a megayatch by billionaires....
Most fans dont understand the complexity of running a Football Club...

1 Like

Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by UncleJudax(m): 10:41am On May 09, 2015
chaz007:

U reacted like u're the broke dude himself.,,,,,. If u are, wat concerns u and dangote's interest? It's his money, he can buy whatever he likes. He has $15billion USD, u have just N50,000 NG at most. Continue wasting ur precious time critising people that are light year better and richer than u.
Skank ranting at best. Who says Dangote cannot buy Arsenal FC? That wasnt even what the writer was arguing. I guess you never read the whole article. #headlineReader undecided
Hehehe. You are busy calculating and estimating my worth and Dangote's, what ever happened to you getting paid...are you plutophobic? grin
Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by Goodnuel: 10:43am On May 09, 2015
UnknownT:
Dangote is rated 67th richest person while Abramovich is the 137th richest man. So yes, Dangote is richer
Ohk smiley
Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by Bencofi: 10:56am On May 09, 2015
:PY some pple dey smok utop of order pple 4 head-- bros dangote if biz is gud 4 u go ahead jare let it be a history. tongue
Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by trusted(m): 11:00am On May 09, 2015
Psylas:
Goat! How Wayne Rooney that worth $125m buy Dangote that worth $21.6b?
Combine all Arsenal, ManUnited, ManCity, Liverpool, Chealse Players worth together they still don't measure up to dangote Worth.
Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by dstar01(m): 11:01am On May 09, 2015
derrick333:

Dis nt actually the 1st tym dangote is making the intention of buyin arsenal ,dnt u tink he must have made necessary findings N preferences b4 comin up with d idea again?

Do you think those who bought clubs that ran them down into debt and ran away didn't also make their findings before buying them? clubs like Malaga, Rubin Kazan, Portsmouth, Leeds, Parma etc
Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by ibnjarir93(m): 11:08am On May 09, 2015
UnknownT:
no mind etc. Dangote is even richer than Abramovich sef
Far, far richer but there is a thing or two that is in order in this write up.
From my little knowledge about the financial aspect of football, I've come to realise that most of this business men don't buy football clubs for the sake of making profits- or immediate profits. Some see that as a better way of promoting their brands (Man City is a prime example).
But where the writer erred is by comparing Arsenal, a traditionally successful North London club with a large fan base across the globe, with Chelsea, Man City, PSG, who have been catapulted to their recent successes by Money invested from their stupendously rich owners.
Before the introduction of FFP rules by UEFA, Alisher Usmanov, another major shareholder of Arsenal, had cause to lament, not once, the unwillingness of other shareholders to allow him inject more funds to fund player transfers and wage increment of key players thereby increasing his Stake and guaranteeing more success.
Arsenal's business model is built on money generated by the club, and it churns out profits on a yearly basis as highlighted by the fact that the club was able to pay the loan that was used in financing their newly built stadium. So buying a stake in the club would be a nice business move by Dangote even though the profits can't compare with what he makes in oil & gas or cement manufacturing business.
Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by Paretomaster(m): 11:13am On May 09, 2015
free2ryhme:

Everyone here is busy giving one -liner without reasonable argument to counter etcetera's claims. He has his facts and figures to buttress his points.

What do u have or forever hold your peace

What figure and fact did he have?

Dangote is a biz man, he know his onions, have d money, and can manage it well, besides is Dangote not richer than Abrahmovic?
Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by goodgate: 11:16am On May 09, 2015
Tomfrench:
I once thought dis niqqa was sensible, Just discovered he is LOUD and EMPTY!! angry
. He always feels he has an opinion. Very empty indeed.
Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by UnknownT: 11:16am On May 09, 2015
ibnjarir93:
Far, far richer but there is a thing or two that is in order in this write up.
From my little knowledge about the financial aspect of football, I've come to realise that most of this business men don't buy football clubs for the sake of making profits- or immediate profits. Some see that as a better way of promoting their brands (Man City is a prime example).
But where the writer erred is by comparing Arsenal, a traditionally successful North London club with a large fan base across the globe, with Chelsea, Man City, PSG, who have been catapulted to their recent successes by Money invested from their stupendously rich owners.
Before the introduction of FFP rules by UEFA, Alisher Usmanov, another major shareholder of Arsenal, had cause to lament, not once, the unwillingness of other shareholders to allow him inject more funds to fund player transfers and wage increment of key players thereby increasing his Stake and guaranteeing more success.
Arsenal's business model is built on money generated by the club, and it churns out profits on a yearly basis as highlighted by the fact that the club was able to pay the loan that was used in financing their newly built stadium. So buying a stake in the club would be a nice business move by Dangote even though the profits can't compare with what he makes in oil & gas or cement manufacturing business.
yeah, I quite agree with you as an Arsenal fan, Dangote can only buy some share and become a shareholder. I even love how the club is run now, the years of trophy less run coincided with when they were balancing books and paying up debts. Now everything seems alright, Arsenal don't need to sell a key player now to buy some other ones
Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by mbulela: 11:18am On May 09, 2015
Please remove this crap from the front page.
It is filled with misinformation and outright lies.
The writer is writing from a place of intense ignorance.
Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by goodgate: 11:22am On May 09, 2015
Atmmachine:
Do you know how much a player is paid per week ??
To be honest, Dangote is too broke to buy [size=30pt]ARSENAL FC[/size]
He can even afford to buy [size=30pt]PORTSMOUTH FC[/size]
. FYI. Dangote is worth more than what ever forbes rates him, forbes goes for low estimates.
Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by Nobody: 11:27am On May 09, 2015
some people should learn to mind their own business.
Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by fineguy11(m): 11:28am On May 09, 2015
free2ryhme:

Does he have the financial capability to sustain this investment in a developed nation most especially in the UK. Where laws are obeyed irrespective of the personality involve
sustain investment?...wat are u saying....Abramovich has been doing it since 2003,,,even Dangote has suppassed Abramovich in terms of worth....wat is special abt Arsenalsalaries are budgeted for in the clubs budget,,,is nt as if Dangote will pay the players frm his pocket,,,,the only tin he might do is compliment the budget when there is a deficit...abeg,,u guys have no point........

1 Like

Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by businesslawyer(m): 11:29am On May 09, 2015
I for one do not understand what the writer seem to gain from this write up other than attention.

No one can doubt the fact that Dangote will easily afford to pay even 2bilion Psterling for Arsenal. He does not even have to fork out his own Money as there are many financial institutions in the world to do that at reasonable interest rates.

Arsenal in the past 10 years have consistently turn up profit of over 25 million pounds every year.

Dangote's investment will definitely be a long term invest and can afford to pay over 200 Million Pounds annually to repay any finance arrangement if he so wish. He can also buy the club outright and make returns of 15 million pounds annually at the minimum while the value of his investment in the club continue to grow.

Arsenal is one of the best managed club financially in the world all he needs is to do is keep Wenger on the Board of the Club after he eventually retires or keep the Finance people who have been around the club long enough to understand Wenger's philosophy to continue to manage the Clubs businesses.
Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by Nobody: 11:39am On May 09, 2015
Psylas:
do you know Dangote is 4 times richers than the owner of Chelsea?

False...Roman Abrahamovic is worth 9Billion, Sanford 15.4Billion. How is that 4 times?
Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by Nobody: 11:45am On May 09, 2015
am sure dangote knows what he's doing... in business world you should never invest into something you don't understand.... and themost risky businesses pay best

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Student Selling Ofada Rice In Uniform (Photos) / Illegal ATM Withdrawals: How To Seek Justice? / Bernard Madoff: The Man Who Ran The World's Largest Ponzi Scheme Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.