Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,317 members, 7,839,513 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera (34367 Views)

Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time / Dangote Rice Coming To Market At Cheap Price / 10 Men Aliko Dangote Cannot Do Without (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by ndubueze92(m): 5:56pm On May 09, 2015
Atmmachine:
Do you know how much a player is paid per week ??
To be honest, Dangote is too broke to buy [size=30pt]ARSENAL FC[/size]
He can even afford to buy [size=30pt]PORTSMOUTH FC[/size]
I was skeptical wen I saw it but its actually true Dangote is overrated he cant match Abrahimovich @ Chelsea...
Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 09, 2015
derrick333:

Smh ,I said worth ,N nt his bank account ,d dude wit 75% of arsenal share worth 5b no b his moni 4 bank I de talk ,okwaya? Abi make I spik latin

To take over/buy a club, u use raw cash.
Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by AfroBlue(m): 8:26pm On May 09, 2015
there's no direct quotes from mr. dangote. the article just seems like some scribe trying stoke imaginary interest. no astute businessman pre-announces his interest in purchasing an asset, as not to bid up the price. usually the public doesn't hear about deals until after the contracts are signed.
Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by sorepco(m): 8:49pm On May 09, 2015
exactly my thought!! why cant he invest that money in naija. just imagine dangote saying he will invest 100,000,000 pounds in the naija league. the caveat being that 80% of those runnig the show now be sacked and that a new board of directors be voted in!!! within 5 years, our league will be one of the best in the world.....i support arsenal but lets invest in naija......taking our monies outside naija shores is getting hackneyed..

Tenim47:
I dnt c d reason y he cnt buy kano pillar, nd buy foreign players to play here

1 Like

Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by sorepco(m): 8:51pm On May 09, 2015
my guy, u can be richer tha me but i can afford certain things you cant....

hakinze00:
D guy should be crazy,Dangote is worth more than Abrahimovitch,so ow can abrahimovitch afford chelsea nd dangote can't? If not of d xchange rates dat got bad dis yr! As at last year,dangote was in d top 50 richest people in the world
Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 09, 2015
Its not about whether Dangote is worth more than Abramovich. That's not important here.
Roman's income stream can support owning the club and he had a long-term plan backed by very liquid cash upfront. I doubt Dangote can undertake that, no way. I had this talk with a friend earlier. Besides, Kronke and the Glazers own other sports franchises, so they know the business. Dangote is just a fan. When it comes time to shell out 100m pounds for transfers, I doubt he'll understand the drill.
On paper, they say Dangote is richer. But in lifestyle, hmmm, Roman portrays a faaaar richer, wealthier, and comfortable man than Dangote. So, I don't know who to believe. Roman has acquired landmark assets around the world that only few can venture into.
Its hard for me to think of Dangote replicating Roman's knack or success with a football club.
No be sugar and cement ooOo. Woju!
Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by NewsHub: 10:15pm On May 09, 2015
Is this etcetera or etc guy well at all? How much is Arsenal worth? Around $1.3 billion dollars. This guy is just a comedian.
Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by kingikey01(m): 11:15pm On May 09, 2015
dis Guy is saying d truth..dangote can buy arsenal BT cannot run arsenal..every week e wil pay d senior team d u23 u20 u17 nd oda youth team dont forget dere is also u9 ac milan just won u9 UEFA cup not talk off buying players...dangote wil go broke In 3 month
Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by pavoda: 1:46am On May 10, 2015
This Guys just misses the Point, First of all, a quick financial 101 on footballing finances, income is composed of two items.

“Turnover” – This is comprised of media(Bear in mind that the premier League just signed a muilti billon pound Broadcast Deal), matchday and commercial revenue which includes sponsorship and kit deals too. This is a relatively fixed income which tends to rise in a steady and predictable fashion. As such, it provides a good reference for calculating percentages of other income and expenditure. This is why wages are often presented as a percentage of turnover.

"Player Profit" – Do not confuse paying cash for a player and how that is accounted for. You do not lose £50m when you buy a player, cash is converted to an asset, ie the player. However, if you sign him to a 5-year contract, in five years he will be worth £0 as he will be able to leave for free. Therefore, you must reduce the value of the asset by £10m per year in a linear fashion until it is worth £0 at the end of the contract (otherwise known as transfer amortisation). If after three years, you have written off £30m in value, you are left with a player who you estimate to be valued, in accounting terms, at £20m. If you sell him for £25m, you make a “profit” of £5m on the sale of the asset.

There is no doubt that Dangote has more than enough of the funds to buy Majority shares at Arsenal football club, He may have to build and grow the club from within, buy prudently and cleverly and not waste resources on inflated transfer fees and unrealistic wages.When necessary spend and compete with the very best for transfers of the very best players without overpaying for average players,that way he keeps the club from finding itself in a precarious position that runs up debts that threaten its existence.

He will also need a very good board to manage the football club and be able to balance the expectations of the clubs fans and his financial interests, because like any other business venture if it is not managed properly it will fail,even Real Madrid can fail with all the money at their disposal if they accumulate unsustainable levels of debt.
Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by rhames(m): 10:21am On May 10, 2015
At all times the truth hurts. The average Nigerian billionaire buys a business that is either making money or profitably running. Most Nigerian business men dont have the heart to run a business like a football club. The truth is it is a business that pays back in the long term.The article is spot on.
Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by EmmyDe25(m): 1:35pm On May 10, 2015
I guess etcetera doesnt know Aliko Dangote is twice richer than Roman Abramovich & 7 times richer than the Glazers. Dude be spewing rubbish instead of concentrating on his music career that has headed south.
Re: Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera by TheFilmmaker: 8:10pm On Jun 08, 2015
trusted:
Combine all Arsenal, ManUnited, ManCity, Liverpool, Chealse Players worth together they still don't measure up to dangote Worth.

Lies...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Student Selling Ofada Rice In Uniform (Photos) / Illegal ATM Withdrawals: How To Seek Justice? / Bernard Madoff: The Man Who Ran The World's Largest Ponzi Scheme Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.