Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,814 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

How Smart Are You,answer This Question - Forum Games (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / How Smart Are You,answer This Question (47083 Views)

Can You Answer This In Ten Seconds? / How Smart Are You ? Is This Murder Or Suicide ? / Let’s See How Smart You Are: Zoo Animal Face (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by freecocoa(f): 10:04pm On May 09, 2015
skylane:
the heart pumps but the brain give it signals to pump, so apart from d pumping of blood what else does the heart does?
If the brain lives on after the heart stops, how did that happen? Did the heart not have to pump blood to the brain for the brain to be alive? If the brain keeps living after the heart stops for a minute, then it is living on what the heart fed it, if the heart doesn't come back on, the brain is gone forever, so the brain needs the heart to keep feeding it for it to function.
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by Chynx(m): 10:05pm On May 09, 2015
The Ear.

It is confirmed that the sense of hearing is the very last thing to stop working even after every other organ in the body dies off or stops working.

Please Google.
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by Louisville141(m): 10:05pm On May 09, 2015
Who told you that the heart makes the loudest noise? FYI your brain speaks more than you can hear...I'm talking about "a thousand thoughts/sec... N heart beat is a reflex action for God's sake, your brain has nothing to do with it,,,,in fact heart beet feels tiring when you let your brain be conscious of your heartbeat!!!
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by Basildvalour(m): 10:06pm On May 09, 2015
mfm04622:

So does the brain stop working when you sleep? Without the brain, your heart CANNOT work!
The heart works without the brain.

Ask the medical students what it is called when the brain stops working
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by AlphaDray: 10:06pm On May 09, 2015
shocked
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by skylane: 10:07pm On May 09, 2015
freecocoa:
If the brain lives on after the heart stops, how did that happen? Did the heart not have to pump blood to the brain for the brain to be alive? If the brain keeps living after the heart stops for a minute, then it is living on what the heart fed it, if the heart doesn't come back on, the brain is gone forever, so the brain needs the heart to keep feeding it for it to function.
yes the heart pumps blood to the brain,but the brain tells it to do so,but we are talking of pumping what else does the heart does apart 4rm dat?
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by Nobody: 10:09pm On May 09, 2015
ILIDEFI:

The heart doesn't receive signal for it's activity from the brain. The heart has what is called SA node which generates impulses for it's contraction. The brain only works to either speed up the beat or slow it down depending on other prevailing circumstances. So between the brain and d heart directly, d heart doesn't need d brain to work. But if d heart stops beating for more than 5mins, d brain and the whole body is gone.

cc BlackPeni5

You guys should stop misleading people. If the brain doesn't control the heart, what then is the function of the medulla oblongata ?
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by nobul(m): 10:10pm On May 09, 2015
I will take all because all of Dem are very very inpotant
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by katerine7(f): 10:13pm On May 09, 2015
nose
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by arinzona95(m): 10:16pm On May 09, 2015
The first organ to develop in an embryo is d busiest,the heart is the busiest.the heart pumps blood first before the brain takes over.
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by jhidey08(m): 10:17pm On May 09, 2015
BlackPeni5:

Lol...Oya show me my ignorance with facts na. I'll try to be polite next time ...guess someone insulted me while quoting me and set me off on an insulting spree.
when I was doing HPHY203 (cardiovascular physiology) in my 200level, I remembered a doctor telling us dat d heart is d most hardworking organ in d body, it doesn't rest even when d almighty brain does, it runs through one's lifetime, once it stops working, u're a goner. D heart gives d remaining organs d chance to carry out dier duties by keeping d body alive. Truly dey all work to bring about a reasonable functioning of d entire body, but d heart is lyk a foundation with which u build ur house upon.
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by firefox4th(m): 10:17pm On May 09, 2015
firefox4th:
The nose
All other rest except the nose.
"and God breathed the breath of life into the mans nostrls and man became a living soul"
The nose is the anchor of life.
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by freecocoa(f): 10:17pm On May 09, 2015
Bluetooth2:

If you close your mouth and nose for a minute, will you die ? No but you will start grasping for air.

What happens is that your heart keeps recycling deoxygenated blood throughout your body and when it keeps getting to the brain, it sends message to your hand to remove it from your respiaratory organs.

During that period you closed your respiratory organs, the laziness of the heart becomes exposes because it is carring in and taking away same blood without air to the body system until the brain comes to its rescue.

I'm not undermining the importance of the heart but to put it at par with the brain is a great disservice to the functionality of the brain.

Gasping for air is as a result of the heart trying to function properly, if the heart gasps for air and couldn't get it, there will be no activity in the brain.
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by Soknown: 10:17pm On May 09, 2015
AlphaDray:
prof. What keeps the body alive, is it the brain, the heart or The air we breath? Cos it Seems Like you've forgotten the nose and I also know the body, that includes the brain and the heart need air

The second question is, where does air pass thru?
Prof ke ?. I attended a workshop and I got talking with another participant that is very good in mountain hiking an all that. He mentioned of a particular incident that he needed to drill a hole in the throat of another climber who couldn't breathe before the chopper rescue came, in that instance the guy was able to breath without the use of the nose or nostrils, you can breath through your mouth or a hole though the throat.
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by BlackPeni5: 10:18pm On May 09, 2015
ILIDEFI:

The heart doesn't receive signal for it's activity from the brain. The heart has what is called SA node which generates impulses for it's contraction. The brain only works to either speed up the beat or slow it down depending on other prevailing circumstances. So between the brain and d heart directly, d heart doesn't need d brain to work. But if d heart stops beating for more than 5mins, d brain and the whole body is gone.

cc BlackPeni5

Nice...but before I clap for you let's not forget what this thread was all about. Which part of the body listed in most hard working and which one can't we do without. I believe we can comfortably live with an artificial heart...but you cannot live without a brain. The heart only pumps blood as it's single function whereas the brain does a whole lot more. The brain wins on all levels.
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by AlphaDray: 10:19pm On May 09, 2015
Bluetooth2:

You don't need a nose to breathe. The mouth can do the work perfectly.
the mouth has purpose which for eating, drinking just A few. Now including breathing as its perfect work. Man you wicked!! God who gave us nose and mouth is no fool...ok? Dude u r a case
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by Nobody: 10:20pm On May 09, 2015
arinzona95:
The first organ to develop in an embryo is d busiest,the heart is the busiest.the heart pumps blood first before the brain takes over.
Most of the activities that requiries the attention of the brain at the foetal stage are taken care by the mother tongue
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by solayd(m): 10:20pm On May 09, 2015
Djicemob:
Which of this body organ never rest? Or which do you think is the busiest and most hardworking?

A.The brain
B.The Eyes
C.The Nose
D.The Ears
E.The Heart
F.The Mouth

Pls choose and state your reasons cheesy

Cc:Obinoscopy lalasticlala

tell us ur own answer with reason also
for me i stay with BRAIN
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by SuperSuave(m): 10:20pm On May 09, 2015
skylane:
The human brain cos its responsible 4 all the work in the body including the heart,the heart is jiust to pump blood
do you know how important that pumping of blood is?? Do you realize you are dead once the pumping stops?? Did you know the brain rests when you're sleeping?? That is what causes sleep-walking, the body is awake but the brain is still in sleep state. Bottomline: The heart is the most important and most hardworking organ cool
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 09, 2015
AlphaDray:
the mouth has purpose which for eating, drinking just A few. Now including breathing as its perfect work. Man you wicked!! God who gave us nose and mouth is no fool...ok? Dude u r a case

No the mouth and the nose are connected only divided by the trachea which serves as a bridge for breathing through the nose and swallowing through the mouth. So if you block your nose till eternity, you will take in air through the mouth except you lose your sense of smell.
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by centjamie(m): 10:24pm On May 09, 2015
fulfillment22:

Don't mind him jare

I wonder how he is able to remember his dreams
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 09, 2015
Bluetooth2:

You guys should stop misleading people. If the brain doesn't control the heart, what then is the function of the medulla oblongata ?

Read my post again. I said d heart generates its impulses and beats by itself. What is misleading there?
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by loadux(f): 10:29pm On May 09, 2015
it is definitely the brain and its the most important organ in the body.
why do you think God made a hard cranium around the brain and made ribs around the heart.

P.S. the heart actually rest at a point, there is something called systole(when the heart pumps) and diastole(when the heart rest).

and for those who says the brain rest when asleep it doesn't or else we'll have to re-learn everything we did yesterday just like a PC when in hibernate mode and when its shutoff.
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by skylane: 10:30pm On May 09, 2015
SuperSuave:
do you know how important that pumping of blood is?? Do you realize you are dead once the pumping stops?? Did you know the brain rests when you're sleeping?? That is what causes sleep-walking, the body is awake but the brain is still in sleep state. Bottomline: The heart is the most important and most hardworking organ cool
who told you the brain rest while sleeping? Do u know that the brain works more when u r sleeping? The brain is the one that paralysizes ur body when u are asleep,the brain is the one that gives u dream,the brain is the one dat makes u to turn ur body when u are tired of a position, u are an art student if u r science den u must not be medical
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by Nobody: 10:31pm On May 09, 2015
BlackPeni5:

Nice...but before I clap for you let's not forget what this thread was all about. Which part of the body listed in most hard working and which one can't we do without. I believe we can comfortably live with an artificial heart...but you cannot live without a brain. The heart only pumps blood as it's single function whereas the brain does a whole lot more. The brain wins on all levels.

Op asked for the one that doesn't rest, is the busiest and most hardworking, and not the most important or the one we can't do without.
Considering his question, I give it to the heart.

Now check out this link:
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_death

Take note of this statement:

"Note that brain electrical activity can stop completely, or drop to such a low level as to be undetectable with most equipment. An EEG will therefore be flat, though this is sometimes also observed during deep anesthesia or cardiac arrest."

cc Soknown
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 09, 2015
freecocoa:
Gasping for air is as a result of the heart trying to function properly, if the heart gasps for air and couldn't get it, there will be no activity in the brain.

Nawa for you o.

This is where you guys exaggerated the function of the heart thinking it recognises the air in the blood. All it does is pump oxgenated blood through the arteries and deoxgenated through the vein using the chambers of the heart.

While you grasp for air, your heart is working perfectly well until the oxygen is your blood is used up and the brain seek for help. It is your brain that recognises that there is no oxygen in your blood at that moment not even the heart carrying it !

This is why I ask you that beside pumping of blood, what else does the heart does ? Nothing !
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by IYANGBALI: 10:33pm On May 09, 2015
mfm04622:

Where did you get that info? What do you dream with? Your heart? What control your heart when you sleep? Or your breathing? Or you think those organs work on automatic?
those ones na auto control now grin
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by AlphaDray: 10:36pm On May 09, 2015
Soknown:

Prof ke ?. I attended a workshop and I got talking with another participant that is very good in mountain hiking an all that. He mentioned of a particular incident that he needed to drill a hole in the throat of another climber who couldn't breathe before the chopper rescue came, in that instance the guy was able to breath without the use of the nose or nostrils, you can breath through your mouth or a hole though the throat.
like you said, it was an incident which permits any for of rudiments to keep the victim Alive. All am saying is that, the part of the body that serves as window to the air we all breath is the. Organ that does the most work cos no organism can live without air
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by Nobody: 10:36pm On May 09, 2015
ILIDEFI:

Read my post again. I said d heart generates its impulses and beats by itself. What is misleading there?

You said the brain doesn't control the heart and I asked you what is the function of the medulla oblongata. The heart doesn't generate any beat by itself because that that of the brain regulates heartbeate and breathing.
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by netmoneywizard: 10:37pm On May 09, 2015
WIZGUY69:
brain.

modified : I wanted to chose the heart, but I remember that researchers said that when you sneezes, the heart stop working for some seconds, so its definitely the brain.

even while sleeping, the neurones are sent to the brain to check if one's alive.

if the neurones are are sent to somewhere else, then the Person will die from sleep.

grin

Dr. Kissinger UCH.
beating not working
Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by BlackPeni5: 10:39pm On May 09, 2015
ILIDEFI:

Op asked for the one that doesn't rest, busiest and most hardworking, not the most important.

Now check out this link:
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_death

Take note of this statement:

"Note that brain electrical activity can stop completely, or drop to such a low level as to be undetectable with most equipment. An EEG will therefore be flat, though this is sometimes also observed during deep anesthesia or cardiac arrest."

cc Soknown

The brain doesn't rest, it is always busy and it is the most hard working because it does the most work. Now let me ask you, between a water pump and a computer , which one is doing more work...

In relation to brain death why didn't you post everything..
Brain death is the complete and irreversible loss of brain function (including involuntary activity necessary to sustain life).[1][2][3][4] Brain death is one of the two ways of determination of death, according to the Uniform Determination of Death Actof the United States (the other way of determining death being "irreversible cessation of circulatory and respiratory functions"wink.[5] It is not the same as persistent vegetative state, in which the person is "alive".

Brain death is used as an indicator of legal death in many jurisdictions, but it isdefined inconsistently. Various parts of the brain may keep living when others die, and the term "brain death" has been used to refer to various combinations. For example, although a major medical dictionary[which?] says that "brain death" is synonymous with "cerebral death" (death of the cerebrum), the US National Library of Medicine Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) system defines brain death as including the brainstem. The distinctions can be important because, for example, in someone with a dead cerebrum but a living brainstem, the heartbeat and ventilation can continue unaided, whereas in whole-brain death (which includes brain stem death), only life support equipment would keep those functions going. Patients classified as brain-dead can have their organs surgically removed for organ donation.

1 Like

Re: How Smart Are You,answer This Question by freecocoa(f): 10:41pm On May 09, 2015
Bluetooth2:

Nawa for you o.

This is where you guys exaggerated the function of the heart thinking it recognises the air in the blood. All it does is pump oxgenated blood through the arteries and deoxgenated through the vein using the chambers of the heart.

While you grasp for air, your heart is working perfectly well until the oxygen is your blood is used up and the brain seek for help. It is your brain that recognises that there is no oxygen in your blood at that moment not even the heart carrying it !

This is why I ask you that beside pumping of blood, what else does the heart does ? Nothing !
Ogbeni na too much grammar dey cause wahala here.

Now no matter what other organs do, without the blood that is being pumped, they can't function, oxygenated o deoxygenated o, there needs to be a blood flow, which enables other organs work. I honestly don't get why we are still having this talk.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

The Last Person Post Win! / 3words Per Post: Part 2 / Who Can Answer This Question? (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.