Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,790 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:24 AM

How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander (highroll) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander (highroll) (2877 Views)

Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years / "I Spent What I Got On Prostitutes" - Pickpocket (photos) / Ese: ‘I Don’t Know How I Got To Kano. Even Now, I Don’t Still Don't Know How.' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander (highroll) by sunkymike(m): 8:44pm On May 09, 2015
Two weeks ago I saw a thread where a student asked about the best way she can make money online (https://www.nairaland.com/2275622/what-ways-unemployed-person-student). I opened the thread and was impressed by some of the comments I read. There were some comments a guy with the moniker: Highroll. I checked his signature and was directed to his website. On his website, I saw several positive comments which made me fell for Highroll’s trick.
The next day I went to bank and deposited 2000 naira into highroll’s account. I sent him my details and was send my e-book (titled 20k per wk) that same day. The e-book was in ms-word format. Immediately I opened it I felt disgusted and scammed. The Author (Highroll) had magically converted a 19 pages article to about 54 pages. The bros had bolded and used font 24pt for the document just to be the document look large. All these did not really annoy me until I finished reading the 19 pages article. The ebook only defined the terminologies in online marketing. The book was supposed to teach us how to make money online with Affiliate marketing. After reading the book, I realised the book only answered the question “what is online marketing?” but did not answer “How to do online marketing?” After all these I maintained my cool because I didn’t lose much, It was just 2000 Naira.
Today I stumbled at a website (webincomeplus.com) owned by one Abass Toriola. I downloaded a 99 pages EBook written by Mr Abass (God bless this bros) from his website. And the annoying part was that I just realised that 95% of the Ebook I brought from this thief called Highroll was copied verbatim from the free Ebook I just downloaded from webincomeplus.
My advice for my fellow Nairalanders is to avoid the guy called Highroll if you are not interested in wasting your money. Don’t judge a Nigerian online marketer’s integrity by the comments you see on his/her website.
Last bullet: May God punish Highroll for verbatimly copying Mr Abass’s E-book and selling it to me and other victims. Thunder wey go fire you (Highroll) dey traffic for Third Mainland bridge. If you have also fallen victim of this Highroll before please voice out, you might be saving a fellow nairalander from also falling for the same scam.

3 Likes

Re: How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander (highroll) by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 09, 2015
This guy wicked o. Don't worry bro, i will revenge for you.
Mods abeg FP. Also verify the OP's claim and Ban dat nigga for life
Re: How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander (highroll) by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 09, 2015
[b]Last bullet: May God punish Highroll for verbatimly copying Mr Abass’s E-book and selling it to me and other victims. Thunder wey go fire you (Highroll) dey traffic for Third Mainland bridge.[\b]Amen
Re: How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander (highroll) by eyeview: 8:59pm On May 09, 2015
LOL! Though I feel your pain,I must confess that you writing(though a complain) was quite funny. Though fraud and deception is a serious crime,I ended up laughing. Thank God its just N2k.

But I always ask a question anytime I see all these adverts and promos asking you to come and learn how to multiply hundreds, thousands and even millions in days or weeks and mostly from the comfort of your home; "you mean you can churn out such wealth and you didn't lock yourself in your room and get busy churning out this wealth?" Cos that's what I'll do. I don't see why any person will claim to have discovered how to make so much money and he hasn't multiplied his wealth into forbes' rich list yet and he's more interested in sharing it with tom,dick and harry at a token.
Its ironic that people fell for such.

8 Likes

Re: How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander (highroll) by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 09, 2015
How You Can Earn Around N20,000 Per Week Online As Long As You Heed My Advice, I Take Personal Responsibility If You Fail
That's the guy's signature. I guess that's how he makes the 20K per week.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander (highroll) by xpac01(m): 9:06pm On May 09, 2015
Sorry bro.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander (highroll) by HighRoll: 9:06pm On May 09, 2015
grayht:
[b]Last bullet: May God punish Highroll for verbatimly copying Mr Abass’s E-book and selling it to me and other victims. Thunder wey go fire you (Highroll) dey traffic for Third Mainland bridge.[\b]Amen

Who the f.uck is MR Abass?

I was hoping one of you unintelligent lots would ask me to show you the website where i rake in my affiliate incomes from. But you would rather call me names instead. The way you reason you just might die poor, money is meant to be made by intelligent folks.
Re: How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander (highroll) by sunkymike(m): 9:08pm On May 09, 2015
eyeview:
LOL! Though I feel your pain,I must confess that you writing(though a complain) was quite funny. Though fraud and deception is a serious crime,I ended up laughing. Thank God its just N2k.

But I always ask a question anytime I see all these adverts and promos asking you to come and learn how to multiply hundreds, thousands and even millions in days or weeks and mostly from the comfort of your home; "you mean you can churn out such wealth and you didn't lock yourself in your room and get busy churning out this wealth?" Cos that's what I'll do. I don't see why any person will claim to have discovered how to make so much money and he hasn't multiplied his wealth into forbes' rich list yet and he's more interested in sharing it with tom,dick and harry at a token.
Its ironic that people fell for such.

I understand your point. Cheap stuffs like that most times are always of low quality or scams. But the information i've gotten from webincomeplus.com free of charge has taught me all i need to know about blogging. This was even free but with also had all i needed.
Re: How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander (highroll) by Nobody: 9:08pm On May 09, 2015
HighRoll:

I was hoping one of you unintelligent lots would ask me to show you the website where i rake in my affiliate incomes from. But you would rather call me names instead. The way you reason you just might die poor, money is meant to be made by intelligent folks.
Re: How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander (highroll) by sunkymike(m): 9:09pm On May 09, 2015
HighRoll:

Mr Highroll are you telling me you wrote that article yourself?
Re: How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander (highroll) by sunkymike(m): 9:13pm On May 09, 2015
Mr Highroll, what do you have to say about people challenging you about the same ebook here: https://www.nairaland.com/2275622/what-ways-unemployed-person-student/7#33412302 . i thought i was the only one complaining.
Re: How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander (highroll) by sunkymike(m): 9:21pm On May 09, 2015
[quote author=sunkymike post=33581889]
Mr Highroll are you telling me you wrote that article yourself? iBros , the bottom line is that but you have no right to copy someone's ebook, copy 19 pages verbatimly and sell it for 2k to people. people like you should be in Kirikiri.
Re: How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander (highroll) by ryd3(m): 9:31pm On May 09, 2015
*whistling* one day bushmeat go catch d hunter(sips orijin and adjusts seat in this new soap opera)

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander (highroll) by Xslaze3xd(m): 9:35pm On May 09, 2015
And The Criminal called Highroll is till Walking freely on Nairaland.

Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander (highroll) by sunkymike(m): 9:40pm On May 09, 2015
Xslaze3xd:
And The Criminal called Highroll is till Walking freely on Nairaland.

Cc: Lalasticlala
bros that's naija for you. We suppose get nairaland police too wey go dey arrest these scammers. lol...

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander (highroll) by webincomeplus(m): 10:18pm On May 09, 2015
HighRoll:

Highroll, if it's true you copied my content verbatim and sold it as part of your e-book, then know that what you've done is absolutely wrong.

I can see you're asking who I am. Well, I'm the author of the content you reportedly copied. And I want you to know that you can only find that content either in my free e-book or as posts on my blog. You can't find them anywhere else on the web (except with copycats like you) because I wrote them myself from personal experience.

Well, I'm not all that surprised. At least you copied just two or three chapters/posts. One other fo.ol put up the whole e-book for sale on Fiverr. But I leave you all to your conscience to judge.

In case you've forgotten where you stole the content from, my blog URL is webincomeplus dot com. Prove me wrong if you can!

7 Likes

Re: How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander (highroll) by webincomeplus(m): 10:20pm On May 09, 2015
sunkymike:

I understand your point. Cheap stuffs like that most times are always of low quality or scams. But the information i've gotten from webincomeplus.com free of charge has taught me all i need to know about blogging. This was even free but with also had all i needed.

I was attracted to this post when I saw the mentions.

Well, sorry about the whole issue. This is why I hate all these con artists and have even written many posts on how to identify them when you see them or their crappy products.

Most importantly, implement whatever you learn from the e-book and make progress. Feel free to contact me if you need help.
Re: How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander (highroll) by Elzends(m): 10:22pm On May 09, 2015
My guy, the gods will avenge u
People like eggrole sori, highrole be give nairaland guys bad name since inception
Re: How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander (highroll) by sunkymike(m): 11:19pm On May 09, 2015
webincomeplus:

I was attracted to this post when I saw the mentions.

Well, sorry about the whole issue. This is why I hate all these con artists and have even written many posts on how to identify them when you see them or their crappy products.

Most importantly, implement whatever you learn from the e-book and make progress. Feel free to contact me if you need help.

Bros thanks for all the free information you gathered for newbies in online businss like us. May God bless you.
one more thing, you have to treat that highroll guy. its people like highroll that wont allow people with good intentions like you harvest all sweats you poured into that ebook. God bless u bro. I don bookmark your website already sef.
Re: How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander (highroll) by HighRoll: 9:18pm On May 10, 2015
webincomeplus:

Highroll, if it's true you copied my content verbatim and sold it as part of your e-book, then know that what you've done is absolutely wrong.

I can see you're asking who I am. Well, I'm the author of the content you reportedly copied. And I want you to know that you can only find that content either in my free e-book or as posts on my blog. You can't find them anywhere else on the web (except with copycats like you) because I wrote them myself from personal experience.

Well, I'm not all that surprised. At least you copied just two or three chapters/posts. One other fo.ol put up the whole e-book for sale on Fiverr. But I leave you all to your conscience to judge.

In case you've forgotten where you stole the content from, my blog URL is webincomeplus dot com. Prove me wrong if you can!

You work was a part of my ebook but don't for one second think i just put all those stuff together without ever practicing them myself. I do efficient affiliate marketing from a blog with no content. I did some research on affiliate marketing, i discovered the traditional way of doing it brings in money way too slowly so i thought of how i could improve on this aspect. I am not an information marketer, so in the process of putting together the ebook i did some google search, not because i didn't know what to write in certain aspects of the ebook but i am not the best teacher around and i may have problems being very clear with my points.

I should apologize to you, and i am apologizing now. But i don't expect those who bought my material to complain, because this thing works!!! No lie.

If i had given it out for free, it would have been a waste of effort. They are already calling me a 'scammer', how can i be when what i said is working is really working. Many of this people want the easy way out, they have just found an excuse not to work with the material i gave them.

If you doubt me visit the blog i use for affiliate marketing, of course you cant find the landing page because they are not linked to my homepage, but i have the link to my astore.

Productster.

I dont have content but i get steady traffic with paid ads and thats what i was tryna teach them for a fee, i was hoping they paying for it would be some motivation to at least act on it in other not to have wasted their money.
Once again apologies for using your work without due permission. You know what they say about plagiarism vs research.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander (highroll) by HighRoll: 9:18pm On May 10, 2015
webincomeplus:

You work was a part of my ebook but don't for one second think i just put all those stuff together without ever practicing them myself. I do efficient affiliate marketing from a blog with no content. I did some research on affiliate marketing, i discovered the traditional way of doing it brings in money way too slowly so i thought of how i could improve on this aspect. I am not an information marketer, so in the process of putting together the ebook i did some google search, not because i didn't know what to write in certain aspects of the ebook but i am not the best teacher around and i may have problems being very clear with my points.

I should apologize to you, and i am apologizing now. But i don't expect those who bought my material to complain, because this thing works!!! No lie.

If i had given it out for free, it would have been a waste of effort. They are already calling me a 'scammer', how can i be when what i said is working is really working. Many of this people want the easy way out, they have just found an excuse not to work with the material i gave them.

If you doubt me visit the blog i use for affiliate marketing, of course you cant find the landing page because they are not linked to my homepage, but i have the link to my astore.

www.productster.

I dont have content but i get steady traffic with paid ads and thats what i was tryna teach them for a fee, i was hoping they paying for it would be some motivation to at least act on it in other not to have wasted their money.
Once again apologies for using your work without due permission. You know what they say about plagiarism vs research.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander (highroll) by HighRoll: 9:36pm On May 10, 2015
sunkymike:
Two weeks ago I saw a thread where a student asked about the best way she can make money online (https://www.nairaland.com/2275622/what-ways-unemployed-person-student). I opened the thread and was impressed by some of the comments I read. There were some comments a guy with the moniker: Highroll. I checked his signature and was directed to his website. On his website, I saw several positive comments which made me fell for Highroll’s trick.
The next day I went to bank and deposited 2000 naira into highroll’s account. I sent him my details and was send my e-book (titled 20k per wk) that same day. The e-book was in ms-word format. Immediately I opened it I felt disgusted and scammed. The Author (Highroll) had magically converted a 19 pages article to about 54 pages. The bros had bolded and used font 24pt for the document just to be the document look large. All these did not really annoy me until I finished reading the 19 pages article. The ebook only defined the terminologies in online marketing. The book was supposed to teach us how to make money online with Affiliate marketing. After reading the book, I realised the book only answered the question “what is online marketing?” but did not answer “How to do online marketing?” After all these I maintained my cool because I didn’t lose much, It was just 2000 Naira.
Today I stumbled at a website (webincomeplus.com) owned by one Abass Toriola. I downloaded a 99 pages EBook written by Mr Abass (God bless this bros) from his website. And the annoying part was that I just realised that 95% of the Ebook I brought from this thief called Highroll was copied verbatim from the free Ebook I just downloaded from webincomeplus.
My advice for my fellow Nairalanders is to avoid the guy called Highroll if you are not interested in wasting your money. Don’t judge a Nigerian online marketer’s integrity by the comments you see on his/her website.
Last bullet: May God punish Highroll for verbatimly copying Mr Abass’s E-book and selling it to me and other victims. Thunder wey go fire you (Highroll) dey traffic for Third Mainland bridge. If you have also fallen victim of this Highroll before please voice out, you might be saving a fellow nairalander from also falling for the same scam.

Did you even try to put anything into practice?? I gave you my number too, if you don't have airtime i would call, which i did to a couple of people.

For God's sake it works!!! This is my own blog with no content and i make money from the Amazon affiliate programs. Apart from the astore on the homepage which only brings me very small money, the landing pages within that website brings me something substantial.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander (highroll) by sunkymike(m): 10:34pm On May 10, 2015
HighRoll:

Did you even try to put anything into practice?? I gave you my number too, if you don't have airtime i would call, which i did to a couple of people.

For God's sake it works!!! This is my own blog with no content and i make money from the Amazon affiliate programs. Apart from the astore on the homepage which only brings me very small money, the landing pages within that website brings me something substantial.
Mr Highroll, the truth is that u only defined terminologies used in online marketing. There was nothing like "how to do this or that". So what's the point of selling an ebook if you can't pass any message. For God sake, I can always get the definition for these terms from wikipeadia. Atleast you should have explained affiliate marketing with just 1 product. You should have shown screen shots so newbies can understand. the truth is that the ebook added no value to me and other people that bought it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander (highroll) by Deluxewize(m): 11:13pm On May 10, 2015
sunkymike:

bros that's naija for you. We suppose get nairaland police too wey go dey arrest these scammers. lol...
Don't worry bro,a criminologist is in the house so how do we go about it??
Re: How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander (highroll) by sunkymike(m): 11:30pm On May 10, 2015
Deluxewize:
Don't worry bro,a criminologist is in the house so how do we go about it??
grin i want you to investigate this matter and help me push this case to supreme court. I wan collect damages money. #5million for pirating someone's ebook and selling it to me, another #5million for selling a crappy book, #3million for making me waste my time and energy.
No worry i go give you 10% of the money grin
Re: How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander (highroll) by Deluxewize(m): 5:18pm On May 11, 2015
sunkymike:

grin i want you to investigate this matter and help me push this case to supreme court. I wan collect damages money. #5million for pirating someone's ebook and selling it to me, another #5million for selling a crappy book, #3million for making me waste my time and energy.
No worry i go give you 10% of the money grin
Am just an investigator not a law enforcer,after completing my investigation I will give you my report so as for you to know wat next to do & who knows,you may turn out to be guilty & if dat sud be the case you may be sue for libel so you are not justified yet.lolz,that's d service you get for intending to give me 10%;it should be 30-70.
Re: How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander (highroll) by SarcasticMe(m): 6:05pm On May 11, 2015
webincomeplus:

Thanks for the E-book... Can't believe it's free.
Re: How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander (highroll) by sunkymike(m): 9:23pm On May 11, 2015
Deluxewize:
Am just an investigator not a law enforcer,after completing my investigation I will give you my report so as for you to know wat next to do & who knows,you may turn out to be guilty & if dat sud be the case you may be sue for libel so you are not justified yet.lolz,that's d service you get for intending to give me 10%;it should be 30-70.
Bros the maximum I can give you is 15%.
Re: How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander (highroll) by webincomeplus(m): 6:37am On May 14, 2015
SarcasticMe:
Thanks for the E-book... Can't believe it's free.
You're welcome.

(1) (Reply)

Shocking! Woman Caught ‘pants Down’ With Man In Public, This Happens (photos) / 15 Year Old Akwa Ibom Prostitute Rescued In Delta State / 23yr Old Boy,deceived His Elder Sister 35,to Bush And Forcefully Had Sex Wit Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.