Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,097 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

A Damn Fine Collections Of Fascinating Photos. - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Damn Fine Collections Of Fascinating Photos. (40438 Views)

9 Little Things That Ruin Our Mood Every Damn Time / Fascinating Photos: Rare Glimpse Inside Google Offices. / Some Fascinating Images You Need To See. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Damn Fine Collections Of Fascinating Photos. by Nobody: 6:21am On May 17, 2015
Sile12:
261. Don't forget these first season movies.

* Prison Break (2005-2009).

* Lost (2004-2010).

* Smallville, "somebody save me common" (2001-2011).

* Desperate Housewives. ( From 2004).
Prison Break,Scofield is my man,Sucre et all,the series is a hit,was surprise when Scofield eventually came out openly to said he's a gay,Gay bi ti bawo,the news na sucker punch to me sha,and LOST,Agbaje is my guy(Eko)like his roles in the series and Small vile?I just don't know why and how i hate the series,watched a little and discard it,Desperate Housewives? Hmmmmn,women are indeed desperate,the love played out and some twist and turns just make me stayed glued to it,though at first i thought it's a series meant for the females,

1 Like

Re: A Damn Fine Collections Of Fascinating Photos. by Nobody: 6:57am On May 17, 2015
Dreamcome2ru:

Prison Break,Scofield is my man,Sucre et all,the series is a hit,was surprise when Scofield eventually came out openly to said he's a gay,Gay bi ti bawo,the news na sucker punch to me sha,and LOST,Agbaje is my guy(Eko)like his roles in the series and Small vile?I just don't know why and how i hate the series,watched a little and discard it,Desperate Housewives? Hmmmmn,women are indeed desperate,the love played out and some twist and turns just make me stayed glued to it,though at first i thought it's a series meant for the females,

You know talking about season movies, I started with Prison break and the suspense was killing. Later Lost
Re: A Damn Fine Collections Of Fascinating Photos. by Nobody: 7:05am On May 17, 2015
Dreamcome2ru:

You know talking about season movies, I started with Prison break, very captivating and the suspense is killing. Later i saw Lost, I enjoyed it too but the flashbacks. I've not seen Desperate Housewives, but it was talk of the moment among the girls when we were in school around. You see them moving around with the DVD, gisting about it everywhere, in classes.

1 Like

Re: A Damn Fine Collections Of Fascinating Photos. by Nobody: 9:28am On May 17, 2015
Sile12:

You know talking about season movies, I started with Prison break, very captivating and the suspense is killing. Later i saw Lost, I enjoyed it too but the flashbacks. I've not seen Desperate Housewives, but it was talk of the moment among the girls when we were in school around. You see them moving around with the DVD, gisting about it everywhere, in classes.
Yea,Prison Break is really captivating but jumong is my first,Talk of Desperate Housewives,talk of my sis,she so much like the series, Good morning bro
Re: A Damn Fine Collections Of Fascinating Photos. by Nobody: 9:48am On May 17, 2015
262. Titanic – 1st Class promenade Deck. March, 1912.

263. Bruce Lee with son Brandon Lee, 1966.

264. At a segregated lunch counter in a Chattanooga, Tennessee, Elvis Presley waits for his bacon and eggs while a woman waits for her sandwich, she is not permitted to sit. 1956 Photograph by Alfred Wertheimer.

265. Pro Wrestler The French Angel (5’7″ and 270lbs) and model Dorian Leigh.1945.

Source: http://cavemancircus.com/2015/03/12/24-fascinating-photos-collected-from-history/

Re: A Damn Fine Collections Of Fascinating Photos. by Nobody: 10:39am On May 17, 2015
266. Mother Theresa, aged 18. 1928.

267. Department Store in Mobile, Alabama (1956).

268. Burning money during the inflation crisis
in Germany, 1920. Paper money was
cheaper than coal and wood.

269. in the early 1950s programs were started
to issue dog-tags to children. There was concern that in the event of a surprise atomic attack it would be difficult to identify the millions of children killed while at school.

Source: http://izismile.com/2015/01/16/a_few_fascinating_photos_from_history_49_pics.html

https://www.pinterest.com/skylazz/interesting-history/

Re: A Damn Fine Collections Of Fascinating Photos. by Nobody: 2:18pm On May 17, 2015
270. Captain's table bell on RMS Titanic, 1911.

271. Lewis Sayre’s scoliosis treatment. This picture shows the doctor examining the spine curvature of a patient. While the treatment was quite effective and groundbreaking for its time, it was also very technical and dangerous, with many patients dying following the procedure.

272. A father sees his 3-week-old for the first time.

273. military wives. I don't envy them but I admire them. I couldn't do what they do. "God Bless them all"

1 Like

Re: A Damn Fine Collections Of Fascinating Photos. by Nobody: 6:51am On May 18, 2015
274. Two of the world's most terrifying logging heavy equipments.

* The 959K Feller Buncher.

The name Feller Buncher almost sounds friendly, but there's nothing sweet about that giant mechanical saw-claw. The machine is designed to slice a poor, defenceless tree and grab its remains like a grave robber. We might be making the process a little more emotional than needs be. Perhaps it's just the idea of a machine that could crush and decapitate you in the same instance.

* The Walking Forest Machine. (Logging spider).

The Clear office isn't great with spiders, but the Timberjack Walker tractor is especially reminiscent of something that crawled out of our collective nightmares. Capable of moving over the roughest forest terrain where other logging machines cannot reach, this bad boy also boasts a detachable robot arm capable of ripping trees out of the ground and stripping them in a matter of seconds.

Source: http://www.clearaf.com/blog/2014/7/21/terrifying-machinery

1 Like

Re: A Damn Fine Collections Of Fascinating Photos. by Nobody: 3:48pm On May 18, 2015
275. Girls of St Anne's High School Ibadan dancing to The Hue's Corporation "Rock the Boat", 1970. See them shoe.

Photo source Bunmi Omoku on Nigerian Nostalgia.

276. Car Ferry Bida, Nigeria. 1951.

277. Yachts at Lagos Yacht Club. Lagos,
Nigeria. 1951.

278. "My first car, Peugeot 403... it spent more time with the mechanic than myself" 1968.

Rabiu Aliyu Nigerian Nostalgia Project.

Source: https://www.pinterest.com/nigeriannos/nigerian-vintage/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Damn Fine Collections Of Fascinating Photos. by Nobody: 4:08pm On May 18, 2015
@Op you're really a great guy. Just keep the fire burning bro! For the 1st time as a Nairalander I flipped through a topic till d last page

4 Likes

Re: A Damn Fine Collections Of Fascinating Photos. by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 18, 2015
278. Third mainland bridge, Lagos at night.

279. Niger River is West Africa’s Largest River.

The longest and largest river in West Africa is the river Niger from where Nigeria derives her name. River Niger spans about 4,180 km (2,600 mi) from its source is in the Highlands of Guinea in southeastern Guinea. It courses in a crescent through Mali, Niger, on the border with Benin and then through Nigeria, and eventually emptying into the Gulf of Guinea in the Atlantic Ocean after passing through a massive delta, known as the Niger Delta or the Oil Rivers.

280. MKO election campaign poster, 1993.

281. The Mercedes, moments after Murtala was assassinated. Feb. 13 1976.
Ishilove

1 Share

Re: A Damn Fine Collections Of Fascinating Photos. by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 18, 2015
ugolance:
@Op you're really a great guy. Just keep the fire burning bro! For the 1st time as a Nairalander I flipped through a topic till d last page

Thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: A Damn Fine Collections Of Fascinating Photos. by tdayof(m): 4:50pm On May 18, 2015
Errmmn coughs..nice job here bro.
Re: A Damn Fine Collections Of Fascinating Photos. by Nobody: 5:09pm On May 18, 2015
282. Colorizes Picture Of Massey Street, Lagos, Nigeria 1910s.

Pic source: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/203717583118751333/

1 Like

Re: A Damn Fine Collections Of Fascinating Photos. by Nobody: 5:09pm On May 18, 2015

284. Mary Slessor’s House in Calabar, Built in 1880.

Re: A Damn Fine Collections Of Fascinating Photos. by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 18, 2015
285. Tavor rifle-wielding Special Forces commandos of the Nigerian Air Force board NAF 952, a G222 medium airlift plane, from Port Harcourt enroute Niamey for AFISMA operations in January 2013.

Source: https://beegeagle./2013/11/20/nigerian-air-force-chief-visits-203-medium-airlift-group-inspects-progress-of-work-on-new-aircraft-hangar-at-ilorin-slams-critics-of-the-extension-on-emergency-rule-in-the-northeast/

Re: A Damn Fine Collections Of Fascinating Photos. by Nobody: 4:18am On May 19, 2015
286. In 1251, Henry III was given a polar bear by the king of Norway. He kept it in the Tower of London, on a long chain so that it could swim in the Thames.

287. Until the 1960′s, the only reliable pregnancy test was to inject a woman’s urine into a female African clawedfrog. If the woman was pregnant, the frog would ovulate within 12 hours.

288. If you drilled a tunnel straight through the Earth and jumped in, it would take you exactly 42 minutes and 12 seconds to get to the other side.

289. The average person walks the equivalent of three times around the world in a lifetime.

Re: A Damn Fine Collections Of Fascinating Photos. by Nobody: 4:45am On May 19, 2015
290. The Queen is the legal owner of one-sixth of the Earth’s land surface.

291. The average person accidentally eats 430 bugs each year of their life.

292. How the pyramid was built, lifting and dragging of materials.

Source: https://urbantimes.co/2014/05/40-interesting-science-facts-that-will-blow-your-socks-off/?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C6273161650

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread603332/pg1

Re: A Damn Fine Collections Of Fascinating Photos. by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 19, 2015
293. Ship construction.

* Fixing the Bridge's Deck.

* Bridge's Deck fixed.

* Rear view.

Re: A Damn Fine Collections Of Fascinating Photos. by Nobody: 11:04am On May 21, 2015
294. Navy SEAL Underwater Training.
Simple trick. Don’t quit. As long as you remove the possibility of quitting from your mind it is no longer an option.This philosophy works great for situations like SEAL training.Not necessarily the best philosophy for life. There are plenty of situations in life where it is the far smarter decision to simply quit.Regarding ordinary people, I’m not sure. My class started with 180 people and graduated with under 25. I saw people who I thought were way harder than me quit. I have no idea what the secret formula for being able to make it through BUD/S is or what motivates each individual. SEALs are a very diverse group and find motivation from a wide variety of philosophies.
Source: http://cavemancircus.com/2014/05/08/confessions-former-navy-seal/
Cc:Ishilove, Lalasticlala

295. At the North Korean border.

296. 14th Century Shoe.

297. Young Bangladeshi ship-breakers claiming to be the minimum working age of 14, who make a dangerous living from dismantling old cargo carriers and tankers.

Re: A Damn Fine Collections Of Fascinating Photos. by Nobody: 11:17am On May 21, 2015
298. World’s Richest Selfie: Combined net worth of $143B.

299. A regular truck transporting one of those massive mining trucks.

300. The US-Mexico BorderTo the right lies Tijuana, Baja California and on the left is San Diego, California. The building in the foreground on the San Diego side is a sewage treatment plant built to clean the Tijuana River.

301. Helping mommy.

Source: http://www.eyeopening.info/2014/05/13/damn-fine-collection-of-fascinating-photos

Re: A Damn Fine Collections Of Fascinating Photos. by Nobody: 12:42pm On May 21, 2015
302. Imagine having your wedding shoots in any of these paradise.

▶ Alps Switzerland

▶ Bridges Park, Ireland.

▶ Ashikaga Flower Park – Tochigi, Japan.

▶ Bluebonnet Field – Ellis County, Texas.

Re: A Damn Fine Collections Of Fascinating Photos. by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 21, 2015
▶ Blue Path Keukenhof Gardens, Netherlands.

▶ Bond Island, Thailand.

▶ Elephant Foot Glacier, Greenland.

▶ Mossy – Inlet, Iceland.

Re: A Damn Fine Collections Of Fascinating Photos. by Nobody: 12:55pm On May 21, 2015
▶ Paris in bloom.

▶ Robina Park Penang, Malaysia.

▶ Tee Tunnel, Belgium.

▶ Valley of Ten Peaks.

Source: http://www.youramazingplaces.com/30-extraordinary-pictures-that-will-blow-your-mind/

Re: A Damn Fine Collections Of Fascinating Photos. by Nobody: 5:47am On May 22, 2015
303. Honoring the Fallen - Marines with 3rd Marine Regiment form up in front of the pedestal to honor fallen heroes on Marine Corps Base Hawaii, June 06, 2013. 119 names of fallen Marines of the regiment were called. Marines and sailors wearing black shirts ran up to the pedestal and hung their fallen service member’s dog tags. (U.S. Marine Corps photo by Lance Cpl. Matthew Bragg) by United States Marine Corps Official Page.

Re: A Damn Fine Collections Of Fascinating Photos. by Nobody: 5:56am On May 22, 2015
304. Stretching a cruise ship.

To increase the size of the ship, it is literally cut in half and a new extension is added to the centre, as these photographs show.
The works will continue into the night to ensure the ship is 'sewn' back together in a 10-week time frame.

Re: A Damn Fine Collections Of Fascinating Photos. by Nobody: 6:07am On May 22, 2015
Saw point: the ship's new central section is preparedIt sounds like an unforgettable magic trick - sawing a cruise ship in half.But this is no illusion, as the owners of this 916ft liner really did cut it open to extend its length by 73ft.Such measures may seem extreme, but the £30million cost of the job is just a fraction of the £500million - and years of labour - needed to launch a new ship.This remarkable extension to the giant cruise liner, called the Enchantment of the Seas, provided 151 more cabins.The overhaul also added new facilities, such as suspension bridges over the pool deck, as well as trampolines and a 108-seater restaurant.

Source: dailymail. uk msc extension.
Cc: lalasticlala$Ishilove

Re: A Damn Fine Collections Of Fascinating Photos. by Nobody: 8:23pm On May 22, 2015
305. A menu from a London Brothel from 1912.

306. Tokyo.

307. Aker Wirth – Deep Sea products Subsea CrawlerComplete hydraulic drive system designed to work in 4000 meter water depth with; 23 Control manifolds, 27 Cylinder axes, 7 Hydraulic motors.

Re: A Damn Fine Collections Of Fascinating Photos. by UfuomaUN(m): 11:02pm On May 22, 2015
Keep posting brother. You've really made my weekend

1 Like

Re: A Damn Fine Collections Of Fascinating Photos. by Nobody: 8:08am On May 23, 2015
UfuomaUN:
Keep posting brother. You've really made my weekend

Thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: A Damn Fine Collections Of Fascinating Photos. by Nobody: 5:16am On May 24, 2015
308. Nigeria player celebrates Elderson Echiejile (L) celebrates with team mates.

309. History: Nigeria's forward Ahmed Musa (left) scores the fourth goal to ensure Nigeria's first African Nations Cup Final in 13 years.

310. Reflection: Mali's participation in the competition isn't over and they will play the losers of tonight's game in thethird place play-off.

311. The National Anthem.

Source:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2274552/African-Cup-Nations-Nigeria-4-Mali-1--match-report.html Cc:lalasticlala

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

#IssaNigerianThing Trends On Twitter. See Funny Tweets / Baby Dies After Falling Into A Well While Playing (Graphic Photos) / Download Nans Aluta Gyration Album From 1st To 4th Edition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.