Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

3 Ways To Stop Stress From Paralyzing You - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 3 Ways To Stop Stress From Paralyzing You (501 Views)

Kate Henshaw Warns Akpororo To Stop Using Her For Publicity / ''I Did Not Tell People To Stop Calling Me Mama G'' - Patience Ozokwor / “you Need To Stop With The Bleaching”, Fans Advice Sean Tizzle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 Ways To Stop Stress From Paralyzing You by MOUA(m): 7:54am On May 10, 2015
I've got news for you: It doesn't have to be this way.

Even though we experience stress as distressing, it may actually be a barometer for how engaged you are with things that make you happy," says McGonigal.

1. Tie the stress to your values and goals

When you're stressed, it often means you're pushing yourself to grow, working on something you really care about, or otherwise making your mark on the world. But when you're working on something this important to you, the stress often clouds your vision so you have a hard time seeing the larger goal at hand.

Next time you're going into a high-pressure situation, try to think about the bigger picture instead of that particular moment. If you're headed into a job interview, think about why you're excited about this job and how it relates to the bigger picture of your career. If you're feeling worried about a project at work, remind yourself why you're pumped about it, instead of worrying how you're going to get it done.

In other words, figure out why your stress is worth it, and then focus on that rather than the immediate overwhelming feeling. It will allow the stress to help push you toward that goal, rather than hold you back.

(Side note: If you can't find anything valuable to tie it to, maybe it's time to start looking for a new job that's worth making your heart beat this fast.)

2. Look for the silver lining>>>>http://www.mouaue.com/2015/05/3-ways-to-stop-stress-from-paralyzing.html

(1) (Reply)

Skuki And Friends Storms University Of Ibadan / Lol! Jim Iyke, Stop Marrying Me In My Dreams, Cries Nigerian — Malaysian Student / Sexy Pics Of An Artiste

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.