Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Family Planning: Yes For Women, No For Men - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Family Planning: Yes For Women, No For Men (388 Views)

"Strengthen Nigeria's Midwifery Services To Deliver Family Planning" - Toyin Sar / Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight / Ladies!!! Get In Here!! What Is The Most Suitable Family Planning Method? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Family Planning: Yes For Women, No For Men by Visocrate(m): 9:09am On May 10, 2015
UNlike women, a greater percentage of men detests the family planning. To many of them, family planning is like a suicide mission which may terminate the life of any man that tries it. As Vanguard went round Ibadan city to seek the opinion of married couples on why some homes don’t subscribe to family planning, various reasons were given. They specifically complained about a particular method called vasectomy which means male sterilization. It is a procedure performed on a man that will permanently keep him from being able to get a woman pregnant.
family-planning-pixAs for Mr. Sola Adeyemo, South West Bureau chief of The New Telegraph, it is a dangerous venture for a man to present himself on a slaughter slab where surgical operation would be conducted on him without complaining of any illness. Adeyemo said, “For whatever reason, I can’t do it. What for? I cannot predict what will happen tomorrow so it is a risky venture to now submit myself for surgical operation.
We have seen instances where a family lost two out of their three children in a day. what hope do such people have if they had rendered their reproductive organs useless. But, if they are still okay, they can still have more children. Besides, surgical operation, no matter how perfect is, would certainly not make that person a complete human being again. Is it worth the danger all because I want to do family planning?. Also, I am aware that some of these methods have side effects. If I submit myself for this, I learnt it could result into a man getting fatter and fatter. Please, count me out”.
For Mrs. Yekeen Alimat, a teacher who is heavily pregnant with her second child said “some men don’t cater for their children. It is women who cater for them. So I advise women to give birth to the number of children they will be able to cater for. When I came, they just asked me what kind of method I wanted and that was it. “But, now I am happy because proper counselling was done. Also, check up is necessary to know if such woman does not
have any health challenge before any method is used. Women are advised to give family planning its importance because giving birth to a lot of children in this type of country is not advisable”, she advised.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/family-planning-yes-for-women-no-for-men/#sthash.mfHXCzan.dpuf

(1) (Reply)

Pharmacy Shop In Nigeria / “say No To As & As Or Ss & As Relationship All In The Name Of Love” – Obianuju F / SEE What Walking Has To Do With Your Health: Top 20 Health Benefits Of Walking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.