Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight (71959 Views)

Some Diets Pregnant Women Should Avoid / Top 10 Foods You Should Avoid During Weight Loss / Foods That You Must Avoid If You Have High Blood Pressure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by betapikin: 3:16am On Nov 07, 2016
CALORIES
Today our topic will be based on calories people tends to believe that eating fatty foods is what actually make them fat but in essence it was intake of too much calories.

What is calorie
A calories is a particular unit of energy that we use to measure energy content in our food and beverage.
People that want to lose weight are advise to eat less calories that their body will burn each day. If a food was giving to you and the person said it contain 150 calories what the person is telling you is that your body could get energy that is up to 150 from taking that food. calories is good for our body because our body needs energy to keep us going.
However eating too much calories without any active body exercise will leads to excess fat in the body.

HOW MANY CALORIES SHOULD I EAT DAILY TO KEEP FIT
Here is a brief explanation on numbers of calories you should eat per day in other to keep fit. It has been discovered in a recent research that a woman will need to eat approximately 2000 calories per day and to burn one pound a week she will need 1500 calories daily. same also applicable to man he will need 2500 calories to keep going and to burn a pound in a week 2000 calories a will be okay.
We have take our time to list out some Nigerian foods that has high calories in them but a lot of people were not aware of it.
Lose your weight by eating this foods-no need for exercise

SEMOVITA
Semovita is among the numerous swallows we have in Nigeria in fact most people preferred it among the rest due to its closeness to pounded yam. but what people did not understand is that especially for those who are planning to loose weight it contain high calories for instance, A cup of semovita is said to contain almost 600 calories alongside vegetable soup of your choice which will comes with its own calories due to our excess use of palmoil.
I will advise you to write off semovita from your meals if you are planning to shed some pounds in a couples of weeks.

WHEAT FLOUR
A cup of wheat flour contain approximately 400 calories

EBA/GARRI
Garri that will be make into eba or drink by a grow up man is said to contain almost 360 calories

POUNDED YAM
It contain higest calories ever a cup of milk tin is around 400 calories now assuming you take like 2 tin milk that will be around 800 calories and i know a lot of people do take more that just 2 cups.

INDOMIE NOODLE
It contain a lot of calories super pack is said to be around 600 calories not to talk of hungry man size and a lot of people do usually take more that one pack.

FRIED PLANTAIN
A slice of plantain contain 68 calories multiply it by number of sliced you put on your meal.

TUWO (WHITE CORN MEAL)
A cup of tuwo contain almost whooping 450 calories

RICE
Don't be surprise is roughly around 690 calories

OKRA
Okra soup with some additional ingredient like fish and palmoil will be around 105 calories

EGUSI SOUP
Egusi soup if well prepared with some assorted meat and stock fish is said to be around 700 calories per plate. Assuming you take egusi with 3 wraps of pounded yam which is around 600 calories per cup for your breakfast without any tangible exercising of the body you should know the result by now.

JOLOF RICE
Jolof rice a lot of people will castigate me food adding jolof rice because we all love our party jolof rice.
After adding all the ingredient a jolof rice calories is estimated to be around 800.
Learn 5 natural ways to get flat stomach in a week

A lot of people did not know that having excess calories in our body will not only add to our weight but also pose as source of other health problem.
However we are not saying we stop eating all this foods list above we are suggesting to you that you should know how to mixed them together to reduce the calorie.

HERE IS A FEW LIST SOME FOODS THAT HAS LOW CALORIES

Beans
Ewedu
Vegetables
Fruits
Drink a lot of water

credit-http://www.balotion.com/2016/11/nigerian-food-you-should-avoid-if-you.html

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by Nobody: 3:40am On Nov 07, 2016
betapikin:
CALORIES
Today our topic will be based on calories people tends to believe that eating fatty foods is what actually make them fat but in essence it was intake of too much calories.

What is calorie
A calories is a particular unit of energy that we use to measure energy content in our food and beverage.
People that want to lose weight are advise to eat less calories that their body will burn each day. If a food was giving to you and the person said it contain 150 calories what the person is telling you is that your body could get energy that is up to 150 from taking that food. calories is good for our body because our body needs energy to keep us going.
However eating too much calories without any active body exercise will leads to excess fat in the body.

HOW MANY CALORIES SHOULD I EAT DAILY TO KEEP FIT
Here is a brief explanation on numbers of calories you should eat per day in other to keep fit. It has been discovered in a recent research that a woman will need to eat approximately 2000 calories per day and to burn one pound a week she will need 1500 calories daily. same also applicable to man he will need 2500 calories to keep going and to burn a pound in a week 2000 calories a will be okay.
We have take our time to list out some Nigerian foods that has high calories in them but a lot of people were not aware of it.
Lose your weight by eating this foods-no need for exercise

SEMOVITA
Semovita is among the numerous swallows we have in Nigeria in fact most people preferred it among the rest due to its closeness to pounded yam. but what people did not understand is that especially for those who are planning to loose weight it contain high calories for instance, A cup of semovita is said to contain almost 600 calories alongside vegetable soup of your choice which will comes with its own calories due to our excess use of palmoil.
I will advise you to write off semovita from your meals if you are planning to shed some pounds in a couples of weeks.

WHEAT FLOUR
A cup of wheat flour contain approximately 400 calories

EBA/GARRI
Garri that will be make into eba or drink by a grow up man is said to contain almost 360 calories

POUNDED YAM
It contain higest calories ever a cup of milk tin is around 400 calories now assuming you take like 2 tin milk that will be around 800 calories and i know a lot of people do take more that just 2 cups.

INDOMIE NOODLE
It contain a lot of calories super pack is said to be around 600 calories not to talk of hungry man size and a lot of people do usually take more that one pack.

FRIED PLANTAIN
A slice of plantain contain 68 calories multiply it by number of sliced you put on your meal.

TUWO (WHITE CORN MEAL)
A cup of tuwo contain almost whooping 450 calories

RICE
Don't be surprise is roughly around 690 calories

OKRA
Okra soup with some additional ingredient like fish and palmoil will be around 105 calories

EGUSI SOUP
Egusi soup if well prepared with some assorted meat and stock fish is said to be around 700 calories per plate. Assuming you take egusi with 3 wraps of pounded yam which is around 600 calories per cup for your breakfast without any tangible exercising of the body you should know the result by now.

JOLOF RICE
Jolof rice a lot of people will castigate me food adding jolof rice because we all love our party jolof rice.
After adding all the ingredient a jolof rice calories is estimated to be around 800.
Learn 5 natural ways to get flat stomach in a week

A lot of people did not know that having excess calories in our body will not only add to our weight but also pose as source of other health problem.
However we are not saying we stop eating all this foods list above we are suggesting to you that you should know how to mixed them together to reduce the calorie.

HERE IS A FEW LIST SOME FOODS THAT HAS LOW CALORIES

Beans
Ewedu
Vegetables
Fruits
Drink a lot of water

credit-http://www.balotion.com/2016/11/nigerian-food-you-should-avoid-if-you.html
cc..lalasticlala
nice one.... make it a website...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by emerged01(m): 4:16am On Nov 07, 2016
Kuku tell the person make e no chop

368 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by Nobody: 4:21am On Nov 07, 2016
emerged01:
Kuku tell the person make e no chop
chop but always work out

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by emerged01(m): 4:25am On Nov 07, 2016
NgcoboP:

chop but always work out
I hear u. Going to work from 4:45am and coming back late night is part of working out.

94 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by Nobody: 4:34am On Nov 07, 2016
emerged01:

I hear u. Going to work from 4:45am and coming back late night is part of working out.
no. download the pacer app to assist you

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by Benjom(m): 4:54am On Nov 07, 2016
Hope someone out there will learn from this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by oloriooko(m): 5:07am On Nov 07, 2016
In short, Nigerians should stop eating abi angry
The situation of our country now is enough to make one lose weight even when you consume all you listed as heavy calorie foods
A beg, park well joh

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by betapikin: 6:36am On Nov 07, 2016
oloriooko:
In short, Nigerians should stop eating abi angry
The situation of our country now is enough to make one lose weight even when you consume all you listed as heavy calorie foods
A beg, park well joh
Lol bros why the vexation na... grin
Is not everybody that is feeling the recession ooo

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by betapikin: 6:40am On Nov 07, 2016
Benjom:
Hope someone out there will learn from this.
Abii ooo tell them oo
Even if they are eating heavy calories foods
They should try work out and stop sitting in front of TV all the time

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by bentlywills(m): 7:16am On Nov 07, 2016
So I should not eat[b] fried plantain[/b] undecided

Never! I can't forsake my bae' grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by oloriooko(m): 8:07am On Nov 07, 2016
betapikin:

Lol bros why the vexation na... grin
Is not everybody that is feeling the recession ooo
Everyone cannot feel the recession buy many are
I no dey vex bro, just that all those listed foods are all we have here grin
So how do we survive? By drinking water only?

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by ayodeji247: 11:02am On Nov 07, 2016
please for hose who post this thing, then what should we be eating if we stop stop eating this kind of food

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 07, 2016
Exactly the thread I need this period

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by 2nqey: 11:05am On Nov 07, 2016
Kuku kee us, because there are no other food we can eat again.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by Yewandequeen(f): 11:06am On Nov 07, 2016
Ah OP

How many varieties of food do we have in Nigeria before u decided to eliminate this ones. Fear God oooo.
Just tell us to eat just beans and water always angry

15 Likes

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by Nobody: 11:06am On Nov 07, 2016
*Reads the thread all over again*

Op, kukuma ask us to die of hunger.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by Nobody: 11:06am On Nov 07, 2016
*Reads the thread all over again*

Op, kukuma ask us to die of hunger.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by jidxin(m): 11:07am On Nov 07, 2016
mtchewwe lubbish..... nd im not fat....I eat excess of all dz ...mountain of eba pounded yam wheat ..plantain nd what ve u.... nd yet still not fat .im just 75kg ...so wat re we saying

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by Coldfeet(f): 11:07am On Nov 07, 2016
cry op you wicked o! Wetin make person chop nah? Grass and water? Abeg allow me chop my swallow in peace...
Just negodu all the sumptuous meals this op want person to avoid just because of figure? angry

Moderation should be the watch word not outright cutting off.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by sagenrdy(m): 11:07am On Nov 07, 2016
Op it's not possible for the average Nigerian 2 avoid these food we donot have d luxury of varieties of food down here n moreso we need energy u can't have us lookin like dem Kenyans now

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by saxwizard(m): 11:07am On Nov 07, 2016
Kuku say don't eat we will understand

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by igidaduro: 11:07am On Nov 07, 2016
Did op actually forgets that garri and vegetables contains fibres which you actually need?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by seunny4lif(m): 11:07am On Nov 07, 2016
grin grin grin
Nigerians cha grin grin grin
Bad mouth grin
But it's true sha
Crossing Cele bridge na real fitness ooooh grin grin grin
Wake up around 4am, inside BRT self na Fitness grin grin grin comeback home around 11 Pm
That one na real fitness
emerged01:

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by MedicalSamwise(m): 11:08am On Nov 07, 2016
Kuku say make we no chop at all

Well, its good to b fit . As a Nigerian, we can't avoid these foods buh I'll advice we eat them in little quantity

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by estheremma(f): 11:08am On Nov 07, 2016
Not with this hardship o.if I are lucky to see rice or garri to eat, then you are lucky. Some can't feed at all,let alone dieting

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by Generalyemi(m): 11:09am On Nov 07, 2016
just ask me to stop eating.....
even Rice,rice rice

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by enigma2007(m): 11:09am On Nov 07, 2016
Forget it man! I will rather work out than stop all of that

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by nbright: 11:10am On Nov 07, 2016
shocked that means man go starve na

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by djlaqua91(m): 11:10am On Nov 07, 2016
Ah OP after all these listed items, na to starve remain. Nothing left to eat but to drink water be that.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by Opeade939(f): 11:11am On Nov 07, 2016
indeed!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by cescky(m): 11:11am On Nov 07, 2016
Worse part of ur thread is u had to display all those sumptuous meals ur campaigning against.....id rather go with the displayed images not the write up grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Born With Cleft Undergoes Surgery: Before And After Pictures / Please,how Effective Is The Mixture Of Lime And Lipton,in Weight Loss / Coronavirus: Lagos Begins Door-to-door Search

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.