Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,898 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

When Exactly's Mother's Day??? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Exactly's Mother's Day??? (3433 Views)

Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? / Nairalanders Wish Your Mum A Happy Mother's Day / See The Nasty Photo Guy Posted To Celebrate Mother's Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Exactly's Mother's Day??? by handsum92: 1:10pm On May 10, 2015
Not like I'm complaining, infact I celebrate my mother every day and love her so much of course

Just couldn't help but notice that some couple of weeks ago, dps, facebook, instagram were flooded with pictures of beautiful mothers all over Nigeria celebrating their respective mothers on this special day for mothers..I was one of them actually and it felt good showcasing my beautiful mother to the world

Fast forward to this morning while trying to check something out on google, I saw cleary written again "happy mothers' day"..Now that got me curious..when exactly's mother's day or more appropriately how many "mother's day" do we have in a year?

Using this medium to celebrate all mothers home and abroad...we the association of Nigerian Children celebrate this special day, may you live long enough to reap the fruits of your labour..I'll never forget this saying "God couldn't come down himself, so he sent mothers"..again I say, happy mothers' day (Everyday's a day to celebrate, love and care for our parents)!
Re: When Exactly's Mother's Day??? by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 10, 2015
Today is set aside, so join the campaign
Re: When Exactly's Mother's Day??? by handsum92: 1:18pm On May 10, 2015
Jklue007:
Today is set aside, so join the campaign

Do they just pick dates randomly sir?..because there was a "mothers' day" say 3weeks ago?
Re: When Exactly's Mother's Day??? by xreal: 1:19pm On May 10, 2015
I don't know how many mother's days in a year, appears like 5 or so.

Anyway, our mothers worth more.

2 Likes

Re: When Exactly's Mother's Day??? by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 10, 2015
well sadly am not the emotional type and my mum knows it coupled with the fact that we had an argument, regardless of me being right. I don't see the need for saying happy mother's day i prefer to do things in the house that show that i appreciate things, am not the emotional type who does such.
Re: When Exactly's Mother's Day??? by handsum92: 1:55pm On May 10, 2015
pcguru1:
well sadly am not the emotional type and my mum knows it coupled with the fact that we had an argument, regardless of me being right. I don't see the need for saying happy mother's day i prefer to do things in the house that show that i appreciate things, am not the emotional type who does such.

You don't have to be emotional to tell your mother how much you love and appreciate her @ any given opportunity..those little things we belittle goes a long way bro, not just with our mothers but with other loved ones as well.happy sunday
Re: When Exactly's Mother's Day??? by handsum92: 1:56pm On May 10, 2015
xreal:
I don't know how many mother's days in a year, appears like 5 or so.

Anyway, our mothers worth more.

I couldn't agree less..everyday's mama's day
Re: When Exactly's Mother's Day??? by Shakazulu2: 12:21am On May 11, 2015
Opened this thread thinking I would find someone explaining the reason for this grin but nada. ..
Re: When Exactly's Mother's Day??? by yuzed(f): 11:53am On May 11, 2015
I'm not trying to bring church/denomination into this but I think Anglicans all over the world celebrated theirs first, then the catholics celebrated theirs on the 19th of April (3 weeks ago). But I don't know which group /denomination did theirs yesterday.

(1) (Reply)

Death Penalty For 14yr Old Bride Who Poisoned Her 35yr Old Husband / The Secret Of A Happy Marriage And Home. / How Far Can I Help My Now Married Ex-girlfriend Financially?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.