Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,660 members, 7,809,494 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

Your Religion Is Determined By Geography - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Religion Is Determined By Geography (3222 Views)

Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder / How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Religion Is Determined By Geography by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 10, 2015
You are a christian ONLY because you were born in southern Nigeria. If you had been born in northern Nigeria or Chad you'd be a muslim. If you were born in India you would be a Hinduist. If you were born in China you would be a Buddhist or Taoist. If you were born in Pakistan you'd be a muslim. If you were born in Japan you'd be a Shintoist. If you were born in Saudi Arabia you'd be a sunni muslim. If you were born in Israel you'd be a Judaist. Therefore your religion is determined not by your level of righteousness, but by Geography.

Discuss.

Map showing world distribution of religion as determined by geography.

[img]http://www.worldreligions.psu.edu/images/artimages/maps/worldmapsmall.jpg[/img]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Religion Is Determined By Geography by pinkyruledworld(m): 2:03pm On May 10, 2015
Poo.

1 Like

Re: Your Religion Is Determined By Geography by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 10, 2015
pinkyruledworld:
Poo.

In other words - "I have no intelligent response to the fact stated, so I'm hoping I can dismiss the truth by typing "poo" and hope it all goes away."

4 Likes

Re: Your Religion Is Determined By Geography by Nobody: 2:44pm On May 10, 2015
pinkyruledworld:
Poo.

Lies. I ve seen a full Igbo man who never lived in the north that is a moslim. You can see a christian in the north too.
Re: Your Religion Is Determined By Geography by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 10, 2015
JMAN05:

Lies. I ve seen a full Igbo man who never lived in the north that is a moslim. You can see a christian in the north too.

I was assuming you were intelligent enough to ignore the odd exception.

4 Likes

Re: Your Religion Is Determined By Geography by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 10, 2015
ROSSIKE:

I was assuming you were intelligent enough to ignore the odd exception.

I took ur words as the words of an intelligent specific writer. I was wrong, shey?
Re: Your Religion Is Determined By Geography by Nobody: 2:54pm On May 10, 2015
JMAN05:

I took ur words as the words of an intelligent specific writer. I was wrong, shey?

ADDRESS THE ISSUE OR LEAVE. STOP TRYING TO OBFUSCATE THE TRUTH. STOP PRETENDING TO BE DUMB BECAUSE YOU CAN'T ACCEPT THE TRUTH. YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN BECAUSE YOU WERE BORN IN SOUTHERN NIGERIA. THAT MAP SAYS IT ALL.
Re: Your Religion Is Determined By Geography by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 10, 2015
Isn't it funny how you see people proclaiming the 'truth' of their religion and dismissing other religions when they could just as easily have been born in a different country and seen the prevailing religion there as the 'only truth' - with the exact same level of certainty as they regard their current beliefs?

If any one religion is "the truth" and others "false", it means God simply condemns people to 'hell' by deciding to have them born in a region where 'false' religion is practised. So anyone born in India, China, or northern Nigeria was automatically condemned by God to a life of false worship and 'hell' from birth, if christianity is the 'true' religion. Does anyone really believe God operates like this?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Religion Is Determined By Geography by pinkyruledworld(m): 6:26pm On May 10, 2015
JMAN05:

thank u my brother... There are lots of them sef.
Re: Your Religion Is Determined By Geography by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 10, 2015
I beg to disagree
Re: Your Religion Is Determined By Geography by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 10, 2015
pinkyruledworld:
thank u my brother... There are lots of them sef.
Use your brain. What are the chances you'd be a christian today if your roots were in Saudi Arabia, Borno state or Japan? In percentage terms, virtually zero.

3 Likes

Re: Your Religion Is Determined By Geography by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 10, 2015
qbd2:
I beg to disagree
Oh.....you reckon you'd still be a christian had you been born in Afghanistan or northern China? Care to explain? Do you know the christian proportion of communities there ranges from 0 to 1%?

3 Likes

Re: Your Religion Is Determined By Geography by Nobody: 7:00pm On May 10, 2015
ROSSIKE:
Oh.....you reckon you'd still be a christian had you been born in Afghanistan or northern China?
Did I tell u I was christian?
Re: Your Religion Is Determined By Geography by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 10, 2015
qbd2:

Did I tell u I was christian?
You sound like one... In any case tell us why you 'disagree' and stop dodging the issue.

1 Like

Re: Your Religion Is Determined By Geography by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 10, 2015
ROSSIKE:
You sound like one... In any case tell us why you 'disagree' and stop dodging the issue.
ROSSIKE:
Use your brain. What are the chances you'd be a christian today if your roots were in Saudi Arabia, Borno state or Japan? In percentage terms, virtually zero.
ROSSIKE:
Oh.....you reckon you'd still be a christian had you been born in Afghanistan or northern China? Care to explain? Do you know the christian proportion of communities there ranges from 0 to 1%?
Do I sound like one or is u that thinks in that assuming fashion?
Re: Your Religion Is Determined By Geography by Nobody: 7:37pm On May 10, 2015
qbd2:

Do I sound like one or is u that thinks in that assuming fashion?
Face the topic. This is not about you.
Re: Your Religion Is Determined By Geography by dalaman: 8:29pm On May 10, 2015
Some people actually change their religions but the various statistics have shown that to be marginal.
Re: Your Religion Is Determined By Geography by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 10, 2015
ROSSIKE:
Face the topic. This is not about you.
About d topic, I don't think u have valid points although its often true, but that's by birth rather than by region(geography). Don't feel like going into elaborate details this night. So manage what I've just said
Re: Your Religion Is Determined By Geography by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 10, 2015
qbd2:

About d topic, I don't think u have valid points although its often true, but that's by birth rather than by region(geography). Don't feel like going into elaborate details this night. So manage what I've just said
By birth, by geography, means the same thing. How come 99% of people in Iran are muslim? Are you saying all their parents decided independently to be muslim by choice, as opposed to them being muslim by virtue of being born in a region that had been conquered by ancient Jihadists?

Fact is if Iran had been conquered by the Japanese they'd be 99% Shintoist today, not muslim.

1 Like

Re: Your Religion Is Determined By Geography by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 10, 2015
dalaman:
Some people actually change their religions but the various statistics have shown that to be marginal.
Very marginal. I dare say that the percentage of people who ever change their religion to another is less than 0.2%.
Re: Your Religion Is Determined By Geography by dalaman: 9:39pm On May 10, 2015
ROSSIKE:
Very marginal. I dare say that the percentage of people who ever change their religion to another is less than 0.2%.

CNN gave about the same figure in one of their polls last year .
Re: Your Religion Is Determined By Geography by Nobody: 10:52pm On May 10, 2015
It really is instructive that the only way a religion is entrenched is for a group of people to invade a territory, kill, steal, rap.e, and loot the resources, then impose their religion on the conquered people. A generation later, revisit the place and all the inhabitants are singing the praises of the new religion as the ''only true religion'' without which non believers would go to hell.

When you try to remind the people that this is not in fact their true religion, they shout ''Satan, get away from me!''

Human beings are really dumb aren't they?

Dumb, programmed robots.

2 Likes

Re: Your Religion Is Determined By Geography by pinkyruledworld(m): 7:43am On May 11, 2015
ROSSIKE:
FYI i am chrislam cuz datz wat i wana b, so i can do any religion i like, its freedom, nobody is imposing.
Re: Your Religion Is Determined By Geography by Nobody: 8:30am On May 11, 2015
ROSSIKE:

ADDRESS THE ISSUE OR LEAVE. STOP TRYING TO OBFUSCATE THE TRUTH. STOP PRETENDING TO BE DUMB BECAUSE YOU CAN'T ACCEPT THE TRUTH. YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN BECAUSE YOU WERE BORN IN SOUTHERN NIGERIA. THAT MAP SAYS IT ALL.

If there are those born in southern part of nigeria that are not xtians, what do we call that? Are you not the one who is rejecting the truth here?

From inception, was the southern part of Nigeria known to be christians? Is the core religion of an Igbo man, from the start, xtianity?

Is the core religion of Rome xtianity from inception? Why was there change? Geography? Think about the subject some more.

The religion dominant in an area someone grew up has a great effect on what religion he will eventually belong to. (This position is more reasonable. If this is what u have in mind, u should admit that ur words didn't convey ur thought ).

While the above position is true, it is not always the case. Many do grow to make a painstaking search and determine which religion to belong. I did such a search myself., though not that I explored all religions.

In an enlightened society, some think before they join a certain religion. In US for eg, there is a growth in atheism. This was not because atheism is the way of Americans, nope. In some lands, people are rejecting there idol worship and converting to xtianity.

Thus, popular religion in an area one grew is a big factor, but some and in some cases, many do break the pull.
Re: Your Religion Is Determined By Geography by eshbeewanna: 9:14am On May 11, 2015
ROSSIKE:
You are a christian ONLY because you were born in southern Nigeria. If you had been born in northern Nigeria or Chad you'd be a muslim. If you were born in India you would be a Hinduist. If you were born in China you would be a Buddhist or Taoist. If you were born in Pakistan you'd be a muslim. If you were born in Japan you'd be a Shintoist. If you were born in Saudi Arabia you'd be a sunni muslim. If you were born in Israel you'd be a Judaist. Therefore your religion is determined not by your level of righteousness, but by Geography.

Discuss.

[img]http://www.worldreligions.psu.edu/images/artimages/maps/worldmapsmall.jpg[/img]

You are totally wrong because virtually in every country we have religious diversity.the fact still remain that for example if you set up a business your product will be first expose to those people around you but that does mean the product will be accepted by everybody around you.And in the same vain it does not mean your product will not be accepted by those outside your domain too and be rejected too.
Acceptability of faith depends much on propergation just the way acceptability of products largely depend on serious marketing.
Re: Your Religion Is Determined By Geography by Toyolad(m): 10:33am On May 11, 2015
JMAN05:

If there are those born in southern part of nigeria that are not xtians, what do we call that? Are you not the one who is rejecting the truth here?

From inception, was the southern part of Nigeria known to be christians? Is the core religion of an Igbo man, from the start, xtianity?

Is the core religion of Rome xtianity from inception? Why was there change? Geography? Think about the subject some more.

The religion dominant in an area someone grew up has a great effect on what religion he will eventually belong to. (This position is more reasonable. If this is what u have in mind, u should admit that ur words didn't convey ur thought ).

While the above position is true, it is not always the case. Many do grow to make a painstaking search and determine which religion to belong. I did such a search myself., though not that I explored all religions.

In an enlightened society, some think before they join a certain religion. In US for eg, there is a growth in atheism. This was not because atheism is the way of Americans, nope. In some lands, people are rejecting there idol worship and converting to xtianity.

Thus, popular religion in an area one grew is a big factor, but some and in some cases, many do break the pull.
Hey bro,You've made absolute sense here!...Critically considering these two positions,I think yours is correct!

By default or by family/cultural background,we tend to belong to the most popular religion in our geographical location but then, there's the incindence of conversion as a result of search for the truth and true religion..Geography plays a huge part in one's default religion but one's choice of religion is not totally determined by it.
Re: Your Religion Is Determined By Geography by NumberOne2(m): 12:22pm On May 11, 2015
ROSSIKE:

Discuss.

How naive OP. Have you ever heard of diversity? I guess you are black because you live in Africa?
So explain Afro-Americans or White South Africans. What of places like Jamaica, Haiti or Australia?
Re: Your Religion Is Determined By Geography by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 11, 2015
I see a lot of folks here are in denial. It must be pretty disconcerting to be told that the reason you follow a particular faith is because you were born in a region where that faith is predominant, and that it has nothing to do with your choice or level of righteousness. But the MAP says it all. If you wish to suspend your common sense and claim you would still be a christian had your roots been in Saudi Arabia, India or China, go ahead. If you wish to use the odd 1% or less christian population in such places to "prove" you might have been one too, kindly note the 99% probability you would NOT. Such huge odds against your being christian there means that for 99% of those who read this thread, my words are 100% TRUE, ie Your religion is determined by geography.

3 Likes

Re: Your Religion Is Determined By Geography by An2elect2(f): 1:59pm On May 11, 2015
Your postulation is flawed. Nobody is born a Christian.
Re: Your Religion Is Determined By Geography by Nobody: 2:17pm On May 11, 2015
NumberOne2:

How naive OP. Have you ever heard of diversity? I guess you are black because you live in Africa?
So explain Afro-Americans or White South Africans. What of places like Jamaica, Haiti or Australia?
We are talking about religion. If you were born in Jamaica, Australia or Haiti, there is less than 1% probability you would be a muslim. If you were born in Iraq, there is a 99.5% probability you would be a muslim today, and quite possibly a Jihadist.
Re: Your Religion Is Determined By Geography by Nobody: 2:18pm On May 11, 2015
An2elect2:
Your postulation is flawed. Nobody is born a Christian.
Nobody is born anything. Your religion is determined by geography.
Re: Your Religion Is Determined By Geography by An2elect2(f): 2:22pm On May 11, 2015
ROSSIKE:
Nobody is born anything. Your religion is determined by geography.

It is not true!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Watch DSTV And IPTV Channels Free / A Picture Speaks Louder Than Words / Religious Leaders And Their Followers Take A Walk To Hell (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.