Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,505 members, 7,954,925 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:40 PM

How Many States Have You Visited In Nigeria? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Many States Have You Visited In Nigeria? (895 Views)

List Of Countries PMB Has Visited In The Last Nine Months / Top 10 Most Visited Cities In Africa / How Many States Have You Been To In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many States Have You Visited In Nigeria? by thepatroit: 4:36pm On May 10, 2015
How many states have you been to in Nigeria?

It was during the just concluded general elections that I realized some Nigerians would just sit in the comfort of their homes to sprout nonsense. They've never traveled out of their local government, not to talk of their state. undecided Hence the misconception about other tribes. I also learnt that our location at a particular time tends to influence our reasoning capabilities. At this juncture, I must say that the NYSC scheme should be scrapped. It is clearly not doing its job anymore. I learnt it was instituted to instill unity in our country, but I've realized that people tend to focus on only the negative sides of places they served in. For instance, ask an average youth who served in the north about northerners. I bet you all he or she would be able to say is the backwardness of the people. Their easy-going way of life, their cheap food and transportation wouldn't be taken into cognizance. We all need to change our mentality.

Case in point...
*I'm from Delta state (Area! Warri no dey carry last! I love my rich culture. I love my mama's place also (Edo state-Oba atokpe eh! Ise) Rivers state's girls are stunning! ( Abeg dem still dey make Gibsco bread? E don they wey I reach Ph) grin

*I schooled in the east (I've never seen a more industrious people. You can get anything you want at 5am in the market, ndewo, jusike, ogbasaragi? Church agbasala, their delicious soups, i learnt how to eat okpa by force. Igbo Kwenu!) grin

*I served in the west (I'm still tripping for how respectful they can be, they even greet their juniors there-ekaaro, ekasun, ekuise, ekujoko, and I received a lot of favours as a corper and I love how they strive for education. Schools plenty for there ehn! And they sabi curse sha which I enjoyed. Omo ale jati jati, shey won leh enyin?) grin

*and I'm presently working on a contract job in the north (I'm so flexing their Kunu haya, fura de nunu, gas meat, chicken Suya, thirty naira transport fare, hundred naira tomatoes wey go full pot, easy way of life and God damn beautiful Fulani girls. Once they know you're not Hausa yet you can speak and understand the language a little,(Ina kwana, Ina uni, sai gobe, nagode) they strive to teach you and grant you favors. I dey plan to follow Musa enter mosque pray with them) grin

No tribe is perfect. Now which tribe should I hate?

The six geo-political zones i've been to in alphabetical order

North Central
1. Kogi
2. Niger
3. Plateau
4. FCT

North East
5. Bauchi

North West
6. Jigawa
7. Kano
8. Kaduna

South East
9. Anambra
10. Abia
11. Enugu
12. Imo

South-South
13. Edo
14. Delta (my state)
15. Rivers

South West
16. Ekiti
17. Lagos
18. Ogun
19. Ondo
20. Osun
 21. Oyo

cool

Name yours...
Re: How Many States Have You Visited In Nigeria? by okonja(m): 4:46pm On May 10, 2015
Have been to all except South East & South South

1 Like

Re: How Many States Have You Visited In Nigeria? by topsy1971: 5:07pm On May 10, 2015
I've been to all states in Nigeria and FCT. My minimum stay in a state was 4 days (Borno)
Re: How Many States Have You Visited In Nigeria? by Skanas(m): 5:10pm On May 10, 2015
Op u don waka sha....
Me born+ bread in Jtown(Jos)...dat town na die...ah still miss de weather,de baffs,de swag,de beta home boiz and chingyz wey full ground...Atilogwu dance carry me go POTISKUM in YOBE state dancing to entertain both the Hausa and other communities for abt a week or so (that was many years b4 de BH bullshyt).....Crises pursue my family come ENUGU my home town....skool carry me go EBONYI state for 4years(unu tokwehoooo)....holiday carry me go IMO and ABIA....Nysc post me go AKWA IBOM "mbok" dia babes na die.....I have short-stayed in LAGOS, PH,and Anambra business tins sha......in short me too ah don tour oooOoO grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Many States Have You Visited In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:26pm On May 10, 2015
I have been in the 36 states including F.C.T.
Re: How Many States Have You Visited In Nigeria? by nerodenero: 5:31pm On May 10, 2015
Places that I have visited and lived include :
Southern states
Lagos
Ogun
Ondo
Ekiti
Oyo
Anambra - NYSC
Delta

Northern states:
Kaduna
Kwara
Kano
Jos
Katsina
Zamfara

Abuja

I am dying to visit other SE and SS.

I could be wrong but aside from our polithiefcians that plays ethnic and religious cards which they know appeal to many because of their selfish gains, most Nigerians that are tribalist are those who have not left their village let alone their local government. When your mingle, you have broader view and you tolerate people more.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need Your Enlightenment On Traveling Abroad And About D Processing. / Travelling From Lagos To Ghana By Bus / 2nd Runway Of Ibom Int'l Airport Due For Commissioning July 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.