Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Married Couples Attending Different Churches,right Or Wrong? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Married Couples Attending Different Churches,right Or Wrong? (743 Views)

Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You / Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? / What Is Your Take On Couples Who Attend Different Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Married Couples Attending Different Churches,right Or Wrong? by martijez(f): 6:18pm On May 10, 2015
Please nairalanders,what is your take on husband and wife attending different churches,do you think it is right or wrong and if you as a man don't like it,will you move over to her church or make her move to yours??
Please I need mature answers and reasons,thanks!
Re: Married Couples Attending Different Churches,right Or Wrong? by Freciprocal: 6:22pm On May 10, 2015
martijez:
Please nairalanders,what is your take on husband and wife attending different churches,do you think it is right or wrong and if you as a man don't like it,will you move over to her church or make her move to yours??
Please I need mature answers and reasons,thanks!

Different strokes for different folks...

Going to church is not the ultimate, living a godly life and making heaven is the main thing!

The next question would be... "Pressing the toothpaste from the middle or the bottom... which is correct? undecided

1 Like

Re: Married Couples Attending Different Churches,right Or Wrong? by CountDracula(m): 6:28pm On May 10, 2015
I think it wil affect dem both negatively in d long run, for instance which church wil d child go to wen dey giv birth?
Re: Married Couples Attending Different Churches,right Or Wrong? by Aitee1: 6:29pm On May 10, 2015
Op so as you fine reach so you never know what's right or wrong

Next thread will be breathing through the nostrils or mouth which is right undecided
Re: Married Couples Attending Different Churches,right Or Wrong? by smvinreal(f): 6:33pm On May 10, 2015
Its very wrong because they are already one so they have to do things together
Re: Married Couples Attending Different Churches,right Or Wrong? by Tallesty1(m): 6:34pm On May 10, 2015
Well I think it is wrong for couples to attend different churches because some churches differ in music, preaching, praying and worship styles. Some churches also see members of other denominations as un-believers.

Imagine a situation where your spouse thinks you are an unbelievercry.

Married couple ought to become one; one in everything including going to one church. Attending different church is like to create an unhealthy rift in the family. It kills spiritual intimacy.

Abeg one should bend a little and put his/her personal preferences aside because attending the same church is both a powerful spiritual experience and a powerful relationship experience.
Re: Married Couples Attending Different Churches,right Or Wrong? by missKiffy(f): 6:53pm On May 10, 2015
It's not advisable, they need to be one in terms of worshipping God. They should reach a compromise
Re: Married Couples Attending Different Churches,right Or Wrong? by Aadeyinka(m): 7:39am On May 02, 2017
Freciprocal:

Different strokes for different folks...

Going to church is not the ultimate, living a godly life and making heaven is the main thing!

The next question would be... "Pressing the toothpaste from the middle or the bottom... which is correct? undecided
different church give room for funication,aldutery etc, u know when one partner not around u, u Bleep around before u knew it, u Involved dating others, it is nature of freedom, from experience I talk ooo
Re: Married Couples Attending Different Churches,right Or Wrong? by Freciprocal: 9:41am On May 02, 2017
Aadeyinka:
different church give room for funication,aldutery etc, u know when one partner not around u, u Bleep around before u knew it, u Involved dating others, it is nature of freedom, from experience I talk ooo

Bros!!! I dont even know what to say @ the bolded
Re: Married Couples Attending Different Churches,right Or Wrong? by CandidSeeker(m): 12:49pm On May 02, 2017
Not wrong, when the content is Christ (Kingdom and It's Righteousness).

They are free to manifest 'sonship' separately for the overall benefit of The Kingdom (wherever two or three are gathered....).

We have personal devotion, family devotion and devotion with other members of The Body, determined by time and geography.

The concept of fellowship in the early church is totally different from what denominations are practicing today.

-Peace
Re: Married Couples Attending Different Churches,right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 03, 2017
I don't understand that concept of separate church attendance.
It's one thing if two married people work at separate jobs all during the week (which the majority do).
What's the point of marriage if one's worshiping here and the other's over there? We should then be single...
But the one time....where the two should be together...worshiping their God....but they instead are separate....poses a problem which I wouldn't accept (although many do).
So many issues could occur:
Adultery Temptation, Husband/Wife Head-ship Issues, Worship styles, & Confusion on Where The Children Should Attend etc.,
Churches are made up of marrieds & singles.
If I'm single, then I'm single.
But if I'm married, then I, should be with my spouse and vice versa. I wouldn't want to be separated.... undecided
My opinion though....

(1) (Reply)

The Lord Our God Is "One Lord" ( One Person= One Lord) / How Can One Know The Will Of God In Choosing A Life Partner? / The Big Question: Why Do Most Christians Believe Angels Have Wings?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.