Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Students Who Do These 5 Things Will Succeed Academically - INFOGRAPHIC - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Students Who Do These 5 Things Will Succeed Academically - INFOGRAPHIC (44266 Views)

How DELSU Students Who Matriculated Were Treated Today (Pics) / Students Who Don’t Wish To Suffer After Graduation Should Do These / PICTURE: Latest Invention For Lazy Students Who Likes To Sleep In Class (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Students Who Do These 5 Things Will Succeed Academically - INFOGRAPHIC by mubarak89(m): 6:07am On May 11, 2015
Generally, we prefer to be seen as one of those succeeding academically as opposed to being termed average. Worst is to be regarded as one of the academically poor students.

If you aren’t succeeding academically, I propose you start doing these 5 things:

1. Start and Continue each Semester with a Plan
Nothing noteworthy happens by chance. Every successful venture was planned; written down or just thought out. However, a written down plan is more efficient and reliable.

There are only so many days in a semester, so to be efficient you need to know what your goals are and what you need to do in order to succeed as you begin each semester.

Take note from the onset that your plan need not be rigid and should be realistic.

2. Associate with the Right Students
Fellow students who constantly make excuses, complain and have a negative outlook should be avoided like the plague.

Campus friends who have lost sight of the reason for which they were admitted into school are a cancer and their negative aura can rub off on you. You can tell by the activities they engage in.

Surround yourself with friends that are focused and determined to improve in their academics or simply befriend the academically best student in your class.

3. Don’t Make Excuses in Support of Your Failures
If you fail to do an assignment, fail or miss a short-gun (an impromptu test), don’t make up excuses. Don’t accuse your lecturer of being evil and wanting your downfall.

Anytime you experience failure search for the causes and learn the lessons therein. If you keep making excuses for your mistakes, you will continue to make them.

4. Don’t be Jealous or Envious of Your Mates who are Succeeding
Seeing a fellow student succeed should motivate you. Every single student has the ability to succeed academically hence wasting time envying another student’s academic success is a distraction and will side track your progress.

5. Don’t give up when you fail
Failure in itself is not bad unless when we fail to learn from that failure. From my association with academically successful students I understand that virtually all of them have a history of failure.

When you fail at anything; including following through with this advice, the wisest move will be to ‘get up’, ‘dust yourself’, and continue by drawing strength from your target end-result.

Source http://graduatewell.com/article/8768af619f171d40cd351ae7d00d4f21 for details.

23 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Students Who Do These 5 Things Will Succeed Academically - INFOGRAPHIC by dahdah: 7:22am On May 11, 2015
You do all those things yet u have no food to eat, you trek to school , I swear d person gonna fail

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Students Who Do These 5 Things Will Succeed Academically - INFOGRAPHIC by mubarak89(m): 7:29am On May 11, 2015
dahdah:
You do all those things yet u have no food to eat, you trek to school , I swear d person gonna fail

In my opinion, i believe every student is given some amount of (pocket) money for up keep. Hence with proper planning at the beginning of the semester (no 1) you gonna have food to eat (maybe not 3 times daily) and you won't have to trek to school EVERYDAY. I swear d person Ain't gonna fail.

7 Likes

Re: Students Who Do These 5 Things Will Succeed Academically - INFOGRAPHIC by Spencer63(m): 7:48am On May 11, 2015
Front page material

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Students Who Do These 5 Things Will Succeed Academically - INFOGRAPHIC by demmy0325(m): 8:12am On May 11, 2015
Re: Students Who Do These 5 Things Will Succeed Academically - INFOGRAPHIC by amalder: 8:17am On May 11, 2015
Ok

Re: Students Who Do These 5 Things Will Succeed Academically - INFOGRAPHIC by whillyamz98(m): 8:39am On May 11, 2015
Typing....

1 Like

Re: Students Who Do These 5 Things Will Succeed Academically - INFOGRAPHIC by hatux: 9:57am On May 11, 2015
And lastly.....
Stay focus!

2 Likes

Re: Students Who Do These 5 Things Will Succeed Academically - INFOGRAPHIC by browneyes7(f): 10:06am On May 11, 2015
Yea I agree wif op esp in medskul
Re: Students Who Do These 5 Things Will Succeed Academically - INFOGRAPHIC by dahdah: 10:27am On May 11, 2015
mubarak89:

In my opinion, i believe every student is given some amount of (pocket) money for up keep. Hence with proper planning at the beginning of the semester (no 1) you gonna have food to eat (maybe not 3 times daily) and you won't have to trek to school EVERYDAY. I swear d person Ain't gonna fail.

You have a point, but what about those students that always find it difficult to pay their school fees ? How will they eat? How will they buy handouts when they are yet to pay their school fee

5 Likes

Re: Students Who Do These 5 Things Will Succeed Academically - INFOGRAPHIC by kent79: 11:14am On May 11, 2015
OK oooo
Re: Students Who Do These 5 Things Will Succeed Academically - INFOGRAPHIC by nsiazu: 11:25am On May 11, 2015
Re: Students Who Do These 5 Things Will Succeed Academically - INFOGRAPHIC by okooloyun1(m): 12:27pm On May 11, 2015
Lastly, make u dey pray make ur enemy from village no follow u write exam.

5 Likes

Re: Students Who Do These 5 Things Will Succeed Academically - INFOGRAPHIC by sacora(f): 12:28pm On May 11, 2015
L.
Re: Students Who Do These 5 Things Will Succeed Academically - INFOGRAPHIC by Nobody: 12:29pm On May 11, 2015
Not bad.

Once heard of a blind guy who was in Faculty of Law and was on 2:1.

My friend who was his class mate said "how won't he be on 2:1? He doesn't see the Mini Skirts and boobsies distracting us in class, even I would be on First Class if I was in his shoes. Jezebels everywhere you turn".

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Students Who Do These 5 Things Will Succeed Academically - INFOGRAPHIC by RolePlay(m): 12:30pm On May 11, 2015
Ok.

All said and done.

I dont do any and am still on 4 points

Call me Badass and you are correct
Re: Students Who Do These 5 Things Will Succeed Academically - INFOGRAPHIC by Tbillz(m): 12:30pm On May 11, 2015
Yes I concur they will succeed academically maybe graduating with first class becoming lecturers, 2nd class becoming bankers and maybe managers, lastly the third class "tagged outlaws " becoming politicians and presiding over the two other classes!

5 Likes

Re: Students Who Do These 5 Things Will Succeed Academically - INFOGRAPHIC by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 11, 2015
And God Factor too.....And OP I wan combine Biochemistry with music and classical writings maybe blogging too and online business ... have you any idea how to manage time effectively since I only have at most 18hrs a day?

1 Like

Re: Students Who Do These 5 Things Will Succeed Academically - INFOGRAPHIC by Strongfaze(m): 12:31pm On May 11, 2015
Nothing noteworthy happens by chance. I like this quote from your post @ OP
Re: Students Who Do These 5 Things Will Succeed Academically - INFOGRAPHIC by oneda(m): 12:31pm On May 11, 2015
we dey
Re: Students Who Do These 5 Things Will Succeed Academically - INFOGRAPHIC by lilmax(m): 12:31pm On May 11, 2015
ENDORSED cool
Re: Students Who Do These 5 Things Will Succeed Academically - INFOGRAPHIC by Spaxon(f): 12:31pm On May 11, 2015
all what u're saying are direct opposites of what naija students do

1. most students don't even have a plan....
2. u rarely see this
3. if they fail, they blame d lecturers cheesy
4. no comment
5. they just sort it out
shikena!!
Re: Students Who Do These 5 Things Will Succeed Academically - INFOGRAPHIC by homirefacuny(m): 12:31pm On May 11, 2015
Simple a working environment
Re: Students Who Do These 5 Things Will Succeed Academically - INFOGRAPHIC by tohpahz(f): 12:32pm On May 11, 2015
smiley nice write up @ op.

Also focus and determination..
Re: Students Who Do These 5 Things Will Succeed Academically - INFOGRAPHIC by dechandel(f): 12:33pm On May 11, 2015
undecided undecided
Nothing beats being the unserious one at the beginning of a semester and the serious student a week to exams cool cool
Re: Students Who Do These 5 Things Will Succeed Academically - INFOGRAPHIC by mannyU: 12:34pm On May 11, 2015
6. For male students - forget yassshh n bwestt for now.

For female students - forget sugar daddies n bigg pwickk for now.

Do these n U will fly high!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Opinion: Top 5 Nigerias Most Beautiful University Libraries / Photo Of A Man Teaching Computer In Ghanaian Village School Goes Viral / Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.