Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,597 members, 7,820,145 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) (34728 Views)

5 Fascinating Reasons You Should Drink Cucumber Water Everyday / A Mango With Human Face Seen In Nasarawa State (Photo) / Eating Mango After Drinking Fanta Or Coke, Is It Dangerous? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by saxwizard(m): 8:22am On May 11, 2015
drink three ogbomoso mango and u wont remain the same

1 Like

Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by Nobody: 8:23am On May 11, 2015
pick up my purse straight to relief market.
Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by Nobody: 8:23am On May 11, 2015
Them boiz will see only 7.... kiss
Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by akpanikpe(m): 8:24am On May 11, 2015
IamOpemipo:
I only see num 7 advantage..

*can I av a sack of mango pls?
Wicked grin

1 Like

Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by PARDONWI123: 8:24am On May 11, 2015
My friend binge drunk one day. He licked 25 mango fruits to get himself back grin grin. When u drink to stupor remember mango cool cool

1 Like

Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by wunmi590(m): 8:25am On May 11, 2015
Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by Nobody: 8:26am On May 11, 2015
aristocrazzy:
wink grin cheesy
My season has arrived - Rainy Season.
Do u belong to snail family ? just asking
Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by ibkgab001: 8:27am On May 11, 2015
I love mango more than any fruits
Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by Nairalane: 8:27am On May 11, 2015
LMAyedun:
Dry!
U Need 15 Mangoes, It Drives Ur Laughing Gene Too
Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by Gudnicedeals: 8:27am On May 11, 2015
I like Sheri mango, na him sweet pass

2 Likes

Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by oluFELAxy(m): 8:29am On May 11, 2015
Hmm. So, Mango get this kind power.
Vote twaci as miss Nairaland.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by IamOpemipo(m): 8:29am On May 11, 2015
LMAyedun:
Dry!

Add vaseline.. wink

1 Like

Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by Olodonairaland(m): 8:30am On May 11, 2015
Mango ko mongo ni all i want is weed hehehehehhe

Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by Ramanto(m): 8:31am On May 11, 2015
It's cashew season ryt here in france.

All the same thanks op
Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by anonimi: 8:32am On May 11, 2015
Ramanto:
But Mango is too perishable a fruit. That is one thing I don't quite like about it

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2398029_mangomarket_jpeg371d02e2b8a07189ca3a68b681efcef8

I wonder what % of the harvest will be WASTED because we have no storage and processing facilities in our country.

All those youth complaining of unemployment and the stressed bankers worried about being laid off should think, RESEARCH and invest in post-harvest processing, marketing and sales including for export plus $$$$$$$$$$$$ of our farm harvests.

Instead of moping around aimlessly and being easy prey for SCAMMERS with their sweet stories of multiplying your money better think of how to create and/or add value to what is around you.
Cheers!

Those interested can check the following links:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/48448-dried-mango-nutrition-information/

http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/How-Make-Dried-Mango-30459610

http://www.thankyourbody.com/dried-mangoes/

http://www.tropicalwholefoods.com/shop-online/4587114369/organic-dried-mango-1kg/2405967

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by Lanretoye(m): 8:33am On May 11, 2015
DollyParton1:
I eat like 10 mangoes a day, and I end up living in the loo for the rest of the day. BUT, I still love my mangoes.

That is as a result of OVEREATING. grin

1 Like

Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by shilz(f): 8:34am On May 11, 2015
D green mango does nt purge..i take a lot of it
Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by remsonik(f): 8:34am On May 11, 2015
I love mangoes. Ogbomoso one's

2 Likes

Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by watchindelta(m): 8:34am On May 11, 2015
ummm I don't believe it. but I still like man-goo
Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by ZionJay(m): 8:35am On May 11, 2015
DollyParton1:
I eat like 10 mangoes a day, and I end up living in the loo for the rest of the day. BUT, I still love my mangoes.

That's why they say too much of everything is bad

2 Likes

Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by Ramanto(m): 8:35am On May 11, 2015
But Mango is too perishable a fruit. That is one thing I don't quite like about it
Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by letsbet(m): 8:36am On May 11, 2015
I love strong ripe mangos I can slice
Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by Nobody: 8:38am On May 11, 2015
booqee:
I hate that fruit like werey

Odd.
Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by free2ryhme: 8:38am On May 11, 2015
wazobiaforu:
If you go to any market this days, you will realized the fruit that that dominate now is Mango, #ItsMangoSeason

Health Benefits of Mangos

1. Prevents Cancer:

Research has shown antioxidant compounds in mango fruit have been found to protect against colon, breast, leukemia and prostate cancers. These compounds include quercetin, isoquercitrin, astragalin, fisetin, gallic acid and methylgallat, as well as the abundant enzymes.

2. Lowers Cholesterol:

The high levels of fiber, pectin and vitamin C help to lower serum cholesterol levels, specifically Low-Density Lipoprotein (the bad stuff)

3.High iron for women:

Mango is rich in iron, hence it is a great natural solution for people suffering from anemia. Menopausal and pregnant women can indulge in mangoes as this will increase their iron levels and calcium at the same time.

4. Eye Health:

One cup of sliced mangoes supplies 25 percent of the needed daily value of vitamin A, which promotes good eyesight and prevents night blindness and dry eyes.

5. Alkalizes the Whole Body:

The tartaric acid, malic acid, and a trace of citric acid found in the fruit help to maintain the alkali reserve of the body.

6. Helps in Diabetes:

Mango leaves help normalize insulin levels in the blood. The traditional home remedy involves boiling leaves in water, soaking through the night and then consuming the filtered decoction in the morning. Mango fruit also have a relatively low glycemic index (41-60) so moderate quantities will not spike your sugar levels.

7. Improved Sex:

Mangos are a great source of vitamin E. Even though the popular connection between sex drive and vitamin E was originally created by a mistaken generalization on rat studies, further research has shown balanced proper amounts (as from whole food) does help in this area.

8. Improves Digestion:

Papayas are not the only fruit that contain enzymes for breaking down protein. There are several fruits, including mangoes, which have this healthful quality. The fiber in mangos also helps digestion and elimination.

9. Remedy for Heat Stroke

Juicing the fruit from green mango and mixing with water and a sweetener helps to cool down the body and prevent harm to the body. From an ayurvedic viewpoint, the reason people often get diuretic and exhausted when visiting equatorial climates is because the strong “sun energy” is burning up your body, particularly the muscles. The kidneys then become overloaded with the toxins from this process.

10. Boosts Immune system

The generous amounts of vitamin C and vitamin A in mangos, plus 25 different kinds of carotenoids keep your immune system healthy and strong.

11. Weight loss:

Mango has a lot of vitamins and nutrients that help the body feel fuller. Also, the fibrous fruit boosts the digestive function of the body by burning additional calories, helping in weight loss.

13. Aids concentration and memory:

Studying for exams? This fruit is rich in glutamine acid– an important protein for concentration and memory. Feed mangoes to children who find it difficult to concentrate on studies.

14. Skin cleanser:

Mangoes help you unclog your pores and add freshness to the face. Mangoes are applicable to any skin type. They help clear clogged pores that cause acne. Just slice a mango into thin pieces and keep them on your face for 10 to 15 minutes and then take bath or wash your face and see the results.

15. Great Conditioner:

Mango can be used in preparing a home-made conditioner. For this purpose, mix mango pulp with a spoonful of yogurt and two egg yellows. Apply this on your hair and leave for 30 minutes. This will condition your hair by making them soft and manageable.

http://healthimpactnews.com/2013/17-reasons-why-you-need-a-mango-every-day/

Cc:lalasticlala cc:ishilove

Like if you Appreciate the information

And all these without empirical evidence
Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by abdulskulboy(m): 8:39am On May 11, 2015
The only fruit that command man to go" man-go
Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by roob: 8:41am On May 11, 2015
** my favourite is '' seri '' mango** For the past 10days there's no day i dont eat atleast 3.....
Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by legendsilver(m): 8:44am On May 11, 2015
Doctor's advise;
Eat any seasonal fruits for health benefits. WHO has always stated the need for individuals to consume all sort of fruits during their seasons because of the numerous benefits they pose to our health.
That's y I don't joke with seasonal fruits o! Even pepper-fruit grin

1 Like

Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by Jhayeahsam01(m): 8:47am On May 11, 2015
moringa oleifera posses *7 all the nutrient s present in mango consume more of it pls...
Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by Nobody: 8:50am On May 11, 2015
Nairalane:
Try Womango Then
lol you're funny
Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by Temmytea70(m): 8:50am On May 11, 2015
DollyParton1:

Good for you
Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by hotmas911(m): 8:52am On May 11, 2015
saxwizard:
drink three ogbomoso mango and u wont remain the same
you are right. Many unique things about Ogbomoso. Best mango best cashew

1 Like

Re: Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) by vislabraye(m): 8:52am On May 11, 2015
Alkalizes the Whole Body:

The tartaric acid, malic acid, and a trace of citric acid found in the fruit help to maintain the alkali reserve of the body.

Don't get this part. How does traces of acid alkalize the body ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures Of Food You Like / Hilda Baci Was Dancing And Cooking (Video) / Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.