Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

How To Inter-transfer Contacts Nd Messages Btw Different Phone Brands - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Inter-transfer Contacts Nd Messages Btw Different Phone Brands (1257 Views)

Top 5 Most Popular Mobile Phone Brands In Nigeria 2015 / Top 8 Selling PHONE Brands In Computer Village / Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Inter-transfer Contacts Nd Messages Btw Different Phone Brands by hayprof(m): 7:00pm On Feb 07, 2009
[center]How To Inter-Transfer Contacts nd Messages on Different phone Brands

Any1's got a very good Intelligent idea of how best to achieve such ??  undecided

Been trying to transfer my whole Contact nd Messages from one Brand of Phone to another, say From Nokia N95 to Sony ericsson K80i

Yes, I knw There's is the Bluetooth option, but its seems way too tedious nd prone to lotta' errors too!

Sure, you can easily transfer from a Nokia Phone to another, . . in a giffi using the Nokia PC Suite!  tongue

Any better way to Inter-Transfer?  [/center]
Re: How To Inter-transfer Contacts Nd Messages Btw Different Phone Brands by dragnet: 7:10pm On Feb 07, 2009
Write them out from the old phone onto a new higher notebook, then copy them from the notebook into the new phone! Finis.
Its 98% reliable & u'd hardly get errorz.

2 Likes

Re: How To Inter-transfer Contacts Nd Messages Btw Different Phone Brands by hayprof(m): 11:00pm On Feb 07, 2009
dragnet:

Write them out from the old phone onto [s]a new higher notebook[/s], then copy them from the notebook into the new phone! Finis.
Its 98% reliable & u'd hardly get errorz.

Na Hardcover i for use'

Do u knw how many contacts dey my phone ? plus the unlimited text messages inbox!

Abeg serious jare! tongue
Re: How To Inter-transfer Contacts Nd Messages Btw Different Phone Brands by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 05, 2012
The problem: Managing contacts seamlessly between the Symbian Belle and the Android (My Nokia E6 and Samsung)

Step 1) I exported my contacts from Microsoft Outlook where I used to store them before to my alternative Gmail account.

Step 2) For the Android it was easy peasy synching with the phone

Step 3) For The Nokia I exported from Gmail in the Outlook CSV format and then imported into Windows contacts (Windows 7 OS) as CSV (Comma Separated values). I wired The Nokia to my laptop and then using Nokia-Ovi PC Suite I synched (having set the Nokia-Ovi PC Suite to synch from Windows contacts). Considering how cumbersome this is it might just have to be solely a weekly affair. As much as I tried to find an auto alternative I couldn’t so I had to settle for this.

Step 4) Job’s done, I’m backed up for life as I’ll “always” have stuff online and will never lose all my contacts even if I lose my phone. And whenever I want to edit, add or delete contacts I do so on Gmail, and follow either step for the Android or the Nokia.
Re: How To Inter-transfer Contacts Nd Messages Btw Different Phone Brands by sniperwolf(m): 10:24pm On Oct 07, 2012
Use Microsoft Outlook application on your PC

1 Like

Re: How To Inter-transfer Contacts Nd Messages Btw Different Phone Brands by puskin: 10:41pm On Oct 07, 2012
Holy Moses.........a 3 year old thread resurrection. shocked shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Make A Choice / Glo, Airtel, MTN, Etisalat (G.A.M.E.) / Does Tecno Has Pc/desktop Suite For Synchronization?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.