Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Trying To Build Muscle? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Build Muscle? (9031 Views)

Build Muscle The Healthy Way With These Top Tips / Build Muscle And Burn Fat / Build Muscle And Get Big Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by paulGrundy(m): 9:40am On May 13, 2015
okooloyun1:
Nice job

Thanks
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by paulGrundy(m): 10:03am On May 13, 2015
Badosqi:
Nice one from you. But the question you should first ask longie is where does he exercise his body? Home workout or gym, If it is home then he will have little access to all these equipments. And about the protein supplements where can one easily get it in Nigeria?

Very true. A gym that is well equipped with the basic weight training equipments is preferable.

However if he doesn't have access to a gym. There are some weight training programs he can do that doesn't. Require equipments, e.g donkey calfs, press-up, crunches, pull-ups, sit-ups e.t.c. But I don't see him getting that John cenna body he dreams of.

A gym makes body-building faster and more efficient. he cannot attain his super-model body in 3 months without a gym.

Although solo training is convinient, its very dangerous because there is no expert to guide you on how to do these exercises, hence the possibility of an injury.

He may not also be getting the form (technique of doing an exercise program) correctly. A wrong form can stunt muscle growth. Which is a reason why a needs a gym instructor to guide him.
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by Emexicoman(m): 11:44pm On May 15, 2015
paulGrundy:

Yes many, whey protein, glutamine, creatine, animal pack. To mention a few.
kk thanks ,but if I want to buy these supplements, where can I find them ?
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by LONGFELLOW02(m): 6:35pm On May 22, 2015
hunkzlatan or paulGrundy, Pls can you guys recommend fast effective 6pack workout for me. . The workout that i can do without instrument.

Thanks
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by LONGFELLOW02(m): 6:37pm On May 22, 2015
Emexicoman:
kk thanks ,but if I want to buy these supplements, where can I find them ?

You can get it in big pharmacy store.
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by paulGrundy(m): 9:19pm On May 22, 2015
LONGFELLOW02:
hunkzlatan or paulGrundy, Pls can you guys recommend fast effective 6pack workout for me. . The workout that i can do without instrument.

Thanks

To have six packs you make sure you are lean no fat in your body. Concentrate more on cardio exercises: running, jogging, cycling. Diet and also do crunches, situps, 30 reps, 5 sets and 90 seconds rest after each set. But don't expect much since you are not working out in a gym.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by paulGrundy(m): 9:25pm On May 22, 2015
LONGFELLOW02:

Thanks

The supplement is very rare to get around. You could place orders to your local pharmacist to help get it for you, anytime he is going to the market just like I do, or Try shoprite.
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by fejikudz(m): 2:00pm On May 23, 2015
hunkzlatan or paulGrundy, pls can u guys recommend any good supplement that will aid me in building muscles fast
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by LONGFELLOW02(m): 1:06pm On May 24, 2015
paulGrundy:

The supplement is very rare to get around. You could place orders to your local pharmacist to help get it for you, anytime he is going to the market just like I do, or Try shoprite.

Thanks for ur reply sir. . I read somewhere online that eating more eggs after workout can perform magic like whey Protein. . Is that true?
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by paulGrundy(m): 1:40pm On May 24, 2015
LONGFELLOW02:

Thanks for ur reply sir. . I read somewhere online that eating more eggs after workout can perform magic like whey Protein. . Is that true?

It depends on the quantity of eggs. 1 egg contains 6 grammes of protein. While 1 scoop of whey protein contains 26 grammes of protein. Let's do the math, therefore:

5 eggs=1 scoop of whey protein

Since you need 3 scoops per day, you'll be eating 15 eggs per day.

If that's ok by you, no problem but just make sure you don't include the yolk, so it would not increase your cholestorol level.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by omack: 2:20pm On May 24, 2015
[i][/i]
hunkzlatan:
So, I opened this thread for guys that are trying to build up muscles but with no luck or anyone that has body building questions in general...like how to lose weight, tone up etc.....will try to answers all...fitness trainer here...thanks!
hunkzlatan:
So, I opened this thread for guys that are trying to build up muscles but with no luck or anyone that has body building questions in general...like how to lose weight, tone up etc.....will try to answers all...fitness trainer here...thanks!
hunkzlatan:
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by charlsecy(m): 3:03pm On Apr 09, 2016
LONGFELLOW02:
2WEEKS IN a MONTH. .1hour/day
paulGrundy:
Your training time is ok....
You should NOT train more than 3 times a week.
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by paulGrundy(m): 3:55pm On Apr 09, 2016
charlsecy:

4 times or 5 times.
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by LONGFELLOW02(m): 4:17pm On Apr 09, 2016
charlsecy:

Is it bad to train every day morning and evening.?
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by charlsecy(m): 6:33pm On Apr 12, 2016
paulGrundy:
4 times or 5 times.
LONGFELLOW02:
We all have our goals and occupation, but I think you should incorporate some rest days. Exercise stresses the muscles, leading to micro-tears in the tissues. During rest and quality sleep and with proper nutrition, the muscles heal up bigger and stronger. If we exercise all the time, what time would the body have to heal up and become stronger?

Intensity and fitness level are important considerations. If you exercise heavily, I believe it will weigh you down if you do the workouts morning and evening, every day, unless the workouts are light such as brisk walking, and other low-impact aerobics.

On average, aim for 2 to 3 strength training sessions per week; for cardio, 3 to 5 times per week for 20 to 60 minutes' session. But you should leave at least one full day for recovery. A beginner should exercise lower than these amounts and then work their way up, while listening to their body.

Don't forget warm up before any session; don't forget streching after a cardio session. Don't spend all day sitting, even on your rest days. Move. You are alive.
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by paulGrundy(m): 1:54pm On Apr 14, 2016
LONGFELLOW02:

that would lead to over training syndrome. (google it). traininig should be 4-5 times a week with a maximum of 1hr 30mins HIT
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by LKO(m): 9:35am On May 11, 2016
paulGrundy:

that would lead to over training syndrome. (google it). traininig should be 4-5 times a week with a maximum of 1hr 30mins HIT

Good day! I desire to drastically reduce my body weight and dry up my big belly and at the same time build up body muscles. Can I achieve all these at the same time? I would be registering at a gym in my area next month. Please give ur professional advice. Thanks.
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by paulGrundy(m): 11:05am On May 11, 2016
LKO:

Good day! I desire to drastically reduce my body weight and dry up my big belly and at the same time build up body muscles. Can I achieve all these at the same time? I would be registering at a gym in my area next month. Please give ur professional advice. Thanks.

You would have to incoporate cardio into your resistance training programme and work on your diet. Majority of the tummy flatting work is done by your diet, there is an adage that says that abs is made in the kitchen. Here is a sample workout regime I would reccomend for you.

Day 1: bench press, lying triceps and biceps. 10 reps by 10 sets for each.

Day 2: weighted crunch, incline bench press, bent over barbell row. 10 reps by 10 sets for each.

Day 3: 30 mins HIT cardio (jogg or run on a thread mill)

Day 4: barbell step up, press sit-up, squats, 10 by 10 also.

Day 5: pull-over, muscle snatch, military press. 10 by 10 also.

Day 6: 30 mins HIT cardio

Day 7: Rest.

NOTE: your rest inbetween sets must be very short! Very important. Say 90seconds and make use of progressive overload.

For your Diet, your meals MUST contain protein and more of it. Eat 3-4 meals every day (to do this, make sure you don't eat to your fill and you don't get too hungry before you eat, in order to keep your fat burning rate high [metabolism]). Avoid or drastically cut down your intake of sugary and highly starchy food. Eg confectionaries, soft drinks, e.t.c.

Plus you will need a lots of determination and patience. Results don't come over night. Every week try to measure your waistline and take pictures in order to monitor your results. I hope to be hearing from you from time to time.
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by LKO(m): 11:40am On May 11, 2016
paulGrundy:

You would have to incoporate cardio into your resistance training programme and work on your diet. Majority of the tummy flatting work is done by your diet, there is an adage that says that abs is made in the kitchen. Here is a sample workout regime I would reccomend for you.

Day 1: bench press, lying triceps and biceps. 10 reps by 10 sets for each.

Day 2: weighted crunch, incline bench press, bent over barbell row. 10 reps by 10 sets for each.

Day 3: 30 mins HIT cardio (jogg or run on a thread mill)

Day 4: barbell step up, press sit-up, squats, 10 by 10 also.

Day 5: pull-over, muscle snatch, military press. 10 by 10 also.

Day 6: 30 mins HIT cardio

Day 7: Rest.

NOTE: your rest inbetween sets must be very short! Very important. Say 90seconds and make use of progressive overload.

For your Diet, your meals MUST contain protein and more of it. Eat 3-4 meals every day (to do this, make sure you don't eat to your fill and you don't get too hungry before you eat, in order to keep your fat burning rate high [metabolism]). Avoid or drastically cut down your intake of sugary and highly starchy food. Eg confectionaries, soft drinks, e.t.c.

Plus you will need a lots of determination and patience. Results don't come over night. Every week try to measure your waistline and take pictures in order to monitor your results. I hope to be hearing from you from time to time.

Quite educative, but I m serously at lost with most of the items you listed in the 7 Day exercise regime. I b big novice, but it would guide me in my gym session.

Is it possible to achieve weight loss and build body muscles at the same time? What should replace my garri (swallow) meal. Many thanks.
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by paulGrundy(m): 3:20pm On May 11, 2016
LKO:

Quite educative, but I m serously at lost with most of the items you listed in the 7 Day exercise regime. I b big novice, but it would guide me in my gym session.

Google those exercises on youtube to get their proper form, their videos are widely available all over the internet. Am sure you would have a gym trainer to guide you.

Is it possible to achieve weight loss and build body muscles at the same time?

Yes, but don't expect to get bigger your body would only be coming to shape and trim.

What should replace my garri (swallow) meal. Many thanks.

Still continue your swallow, but reduce it and puts lots of vegetables in your soup.
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by LKO(m): 3:42pm On May 11, 2016
paulGrundy:

Google those exercises on youtube to get their proper form, their videos are widely available all over the internet. Am sure you would have a gym trainer to guide you.

Yes, but don't expect to get bigger your body would only be coming to shape and trim.

Still continue your swallow, but reduce it and puts lots of vegetables in your soup.

I'm grateful. I hope sincerely my gym coach would help me in achieving my goal. I would be hitting the gym next month and hope to remain there for three months. I saw some training machines in the gym I intend to register with, I just hope they would aid me greatly. Their charge is 8k per month excluding sauna sessions.
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by paulGrundy(m): 4:03pm On May 11, 2016
LKO:

I'm grateful. I hope sincerely my gym coach would help me in achieving my goal. I would be hitting the gym next month and hope to remain there for three months. I saw some training machines in the gym I intend to register with, I just hope they would aid me greatly. Their charge is 8k per month excluding sauna sessions.

Cool, and also check their weight sets too, make sure the highest weight set is really, really heavy as in heavy.
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by LKO(m): 4:17pm On May 11, 2016
paulGrundy:

Cool, and also check their weight sets too, make sure the highest weight set is really, really heavy as in heavy.

Thank you. Talking about weight lifting, a friend of mine was telling me to forget about weight lifting for now and concentrate on only weight loosing exercise for atleast two months. I m not too fat though, I really want to build my flabby chest, I want it to be firm and strong. Then dry up my tommy, reduce totally the fat in my thighs and waist.
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by paulGrundy(m): 7:47pm On May 13, 2016
LKO:

Thank you. Talking about weight lifting, a friend of mine was telling me to forget about weight lifting for now and concentrate on only weight loosing exercise for atleast two months. I m not too fat though, I really want to build my flabby chest, I want it to be firm and strong. Then dry up my tommy, reduce totally the fat in my thighs and waist.

Erhmm I guess the reason why he said that was because a muscular body would look really unattractive on a big tummy and thigh (at the initail stage of training before you achieve your goals). that is perfectly normal because 5o% of your body fat is at your tummy and buttocks area. That's why experts say that doing 1000 sit-ups and crunches will not reduce the tummy because what is there is fat that needs to be burnt. But the thing is, combining resistance training with weight loss is very effective and faster than just doing weightloss only. Its like deciding between traveling by a plane or a ship to the US.

Secondly research has proven that the more muscles you have, the less your body holds fat and the more difficult it gets for you to add fat. Meaning that muscles/resistance training also helps you maintain your weight loss!
Re: Trying To Build Muscle? by LKO(m): 2:19pm On May 14, 2016
paulGrundy:

Erhmm I guess the reason why he said that was because a muscular body would look really unattractive on a big tummy and thigh (at the initail stage of training before you achieve your goals). that is perfectly normal because 5o% of your body fat is at your tummy and buttocks area. That's why experts say that doing 1000 sit-ups and crunches will not reduce the tummy because what is there is fat that needs to be burnt. But the thing is, combining resistance training with weight loss is very effective and faster than just doing weightloss only. Its like deciding between traveling by a plane or a ship to the US.

Secondly research has proven that the more muscles you have, the less your body holds fat and the more difficult it gets for you to add fat. Meaning that muscles/resistance training also helps you maintain your weight loss!

Many thanks for the educative piece.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

11 Year Old Girl Mamie Sam, With Massive Breasts Undergoes 7-hour Surgery / Bryme Consulting / Woman In Kaduna Gave Birth To Half Human Half Donkey - Graphic Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.