Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

10 Oldest Universities In Nigeria - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Oldest Universities In Nigeria (31061 Views)

The Top Ten Oldest Universities In Nigeria And Their Brief Histories. / Top Ten Oldest Universities In Africa / Top 10 Oldest Universities In Nigeria – When And How They Where Established (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Oldest Universities In Nigeria by Maishinkafa: 1:46pm On May 11, 2015
Babban gida na Amadu
Re: 10 Oldest Universities In Nigeria by ifygod08(m): 1:47pm On May 11, 2015
There are only 2 Universities in Nigeria, University of Nigeria and others! Great LIONS and LIONESSES...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Oldest Universities In Nigeria by yemmybx(m): 1:49pm On May 11, 2015
Hollawaley:
GREAT U.I
it is GREATEST U.I!

1 Like

Re: 10 Oldest Universities In Nigeria by harrijay: 1:52pm On May 11, 2015
ok
Re: 10 Oldest Universities In Nigeria by Ujulabelle: 1:53pm On May 11, 2015
Wow. I have certificate from the first and the second. BA UNN and MA UI. I think I have achieved an academic excellence. A LIONESS with an admixture of UITE. Great!

1 Like

Re: 10 Oldest Universities In Nigeria by ZahraBuhari(f): 1:55pm On May 11, 2015
ahizih:
That your own my way to Nigeria sounds so unpatriotic, why not use something like on my way to my country or on my way to the country i come from.....BTW who did you say you are?lipsrsealed[

So each time you refer to your possessions you use the possessive pronoun?
Like "I'm going to my house with my car to seat on my couch, put on my tv and watch my national team's match of my nigeria"... before being proud of what's yours.

1 Like

Re: 10 Oldest Universities In Nigeria by bimbabe: 1:57pm On May 11, 2015
Great Abusite!!! Always ahead!

1 Like

Re: 10 Oldest Universities In Nigeria by joseph1832(m): 2:00pm On May 11, 2015
dechandel:
cool cool cool
University of Ibadan..
My dad's alma mater cool cool
Might you be so kind to tell me your alma mater?.
Re: 10 Oldest Universities In Nigeria by chuose: 2:06pm On May 11, 2015
FrancisTony:
1. University of Ibadan - 1948 - located in Oyo state.

Source => http://myschool.com.ng/school/news/36423/10-oldest-universities-in-nigeria.html

cc Lalasticlala, Ishilove

Is not the OLDEST.
UNN is the oldest, that's why it's called UNiversity of NIGERIA.

University of Ibadan started as a College.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Oldest Universities In Nigeria by crownprince102: 2:08pm On May 11, 2015
ZahraBuhari:
Don't know if i'm to say I'm First to comment or not, just after listing 10 different Universities on different posts.

We are going to make Nigeria a better place.

On my Way to Nigeria for best Dad's Presidential inauguration

kiss kiss

Zahra Buhari?

Hmmmmm
Re: 10 Oldest Universities In Nigeria by ahizih(m): 2:08pm On May 11, 2015
ZahraBuhari:

So each time you refer to your possessions you use the possessive pronoun?
Like "I'm going to my house with my car to seat on my couch, put on my tv and watch my national team's match of my nigeria"... before being proud of what's yours.

Have passed my message to you shikinah, no hate. But if you want to hate then know that we will not vote in your dad for second tenure as we massively did this time. Meanwhile i will be trekking from Dutsinma Katsina state to Abuja to witness it as well,will commence my trekking any day nepa gives us light here
Re: 10 Oldest Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:09pm On May 11, 2015
GREATEST AKOKITES!
Re: 10 Oldest Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 11, 2015
okooloyun1:
UNILORIN BETTER BY FAR!
Listen to yourself and observe the way you expressed yourself in English. "by far" what does that mean? This is what Unilorin produces; "half-baked" graduates.

1 Like

Re: 10 Oldest Universities In Nigeria by Rapsodee(m): 2:10pm On May 11, 2015
All this Great! Greater! Greatest ! you all are shouting started from nowhere other than Obafemi Awolowo University commonly known as GREAT IFE!!! as it is also in our Great Anthem...So you guys should chill and don't steal our style,OK?. Ui get "first and best",Unilorin get "better by far" but with the way I dey see things ..hmmmm!..thats why i say there are just two universities in Nigeria,OAU and the rest.....
#Rep Great Ife!!!
Re: 10 Oldest Universities In Nigeria by wuramini(f): 2:16pm On May 11, 2015
grate malabite and malabresis UNI CAL MY SCH
Re: 10 Oldest Universities In Nigeria by themodernman: 2:17pm On May 11, 2015
Pinkiedearie:
I represent kano university of science and technology!!

#learn,work and worship!

*Aluta continua!!!

Wudil?
Re: 10 Oldest Universities In Nigeria by themodernman: 2:18pm On May 11, 2015
arnoldwilliamz:

Listen to yourself and observe the way you expressed yourself in English. "by far" what does that mean? This is what Unilorin produces; "half-baked" graduates.

Don't mind them with their pidgin English.
Re: 10 Oldest Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:20pm On May 11, 2015
Oba Awon Uni nonni
Re: 10 Oldest Universities In Nigeria by sikaxchange: 2:23pm On May 11, 2015
it has got to be the famous university of ibadan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Oldest Universities In Nigeria by Spanishmario(m): 2:23pm On May 11, 2015
I rep Oba Awon Unifasiti
Re: 10 Oldest Universities In Nigeria by croSStodds(m): 2:24pm On May 11, 2015
kayusbrown:
As old as they are, non of them is on the list of top 100 Universities in the world. It is not about 'how far' but 'how well'. If not for Leadership failure, University of Ibadan should be in the top 100 of the league table based on its potentials when it took off in 1948. Our Universities still remain degree mills, filling the mind of their students with facts instead of teaching them how to think. Little wonder we are where we are today, as no nation can develop beyond its level of Education.
Truth to be told without any sentiment sir,it's a conspicuous fact none of our universities is in d top100 but in the same vein,I don't think any tertiary institution in Africa whatsoever is even in d top200.don't misunderstand me,I'm not being complacent and like you asserted in ur postulate,d devastating state and ostentatiousness of our circumstantial leaders exacerbates more the entanglement.also,juxtaposing d current state of our educational sector with some other countries,we're way better than them.take d eastern,central and even some northern Africa countries for paradigm,any comparison between our universities and theirs will seem ludicrous because of our enigmatic standard(for d purpose of d comparison).I'm not being complacent like I indicted earlier on,I'm just being patriotic.similarly,it's undubitably factual the top universities that occupy the zenith of the ranking are mostly from d west and are a century older or more than our universities.my perception!!
Re: 10 Oldest Universities In Nigeria by Stevez32(m): 2:24pm On May 11, 2015
Pinkiedearie:
I represent kano university of science and technology!!

#learn,work and worship!

*Aluta continua!!!

grin sabi babe. I feel you joor
Re: 10 Oldest Universities In Nigeria by croSStodds(m): 2:27pm On May 11, 2015
Rapsodee:
All this Great! Greater! Greatest ! you all are shouting started from nowhere other than Obafemi Awolowo University commonly known as GREAT IFE!!! as it is also in our Great Anthem...So you guys should chill and don't steal our style,OK?. Ui get "first and best",Unilorin get "better by far" but with the way I dey see things ..hmmmm!..thats why i say there are just two universities in Nigeria,OAU and the rest.....
#Rep Great Ife!!!
Washere!!
Re: 10 Oldest Universities In Nigeria by Ajalekoko76(m): 2:29pm On May 11, 2015
Greatest U.I.
The Best Citadel of Learning.

1 Like

Re: 10 Oldest Universities In Nigeria by Pinkiedearie(f): 2:37pm On May 11, 2015
themodernman:

Wudil?
yes sire
Re: 10 Oldest Universities In Nigeria by themodernman: 2:38pm On May 11, 2015
Pinkiedearie:
yes sire

You still in school?
Re: 10 Oldest Universities In Nigeria by Pinkiedearie(f): 2:38pm On May 11, 2015
Stevez32:

grin sabi babe. I feel you joor
grin
Re: 10 Oldest Universities In Nigeria by Pinkiedearie(f): 2:41pm On May 11, 2015
themodernman:

You still in school?
yes..
Re: 10 Oldest Universities In Nigeria by okooloyun1(m): 2:45pm On May 11, 2015
arnoldwilliamz:

Bros “Better by far” is the school slogan. If you do not like the slogan, pls go and die.
Re: 10 Oldest Universities In Nigeria by ojezee(m): 2:46pm On May 11, 2015
KUNZEH:
GREAT UNILORIN!
you mean that advanced secondary school.
Re: 10 Oldest Universities In Nigeria by oote: 2:48pm On May 11, 2015
Hollawaley:
GREAT U.I
Olodo, it's Greatest UI!!!!
Re: 10 Oldest Universities In Nigeria by themodernman: 2:54pm On May 11, 2015
Pinkiedearie:
yes..

Okay. Be safe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pharmacy Vs Medical Lab Science / My Daughter Not Allowed To Write JAMB With Her Hijab On - Man Raises Alarm / Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.