Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

Want To Truly Earn Online? Q & A On How To Grow Your On Online Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Want To Truly Earn Online? Q & A On How To Grow Your On Online Business (1753 Views)

PIUNI Global Business Oppotunity - Support, Q&A, Training and News Update Zone / 7 Reasons Why You Must Start An Online Business In 2017 / Company Formation In Nigeria: Q&A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Want To Truly Earn Online? Q & A On How To Grow Your On Online Business by Ben1975(m): 5:20pm On May 11, 2015
Hi Nairalanders

My name is Ben Ajose.

I have had 18 years of internet experience and I've been involved in professional currency trading, internet and affiliate marketing and web development.

This is for those who want to learn how to make money online and who genuinely want to invest the time to know how and do it properly.

Don't be fooled by sweet talkers there is no such thing as instant riches with no little investment of time or energy on the internet. If you want to make money online you have to treat your online objectives like a business. if you treat it like a hobby you will get hobby money!

But there are definite paths to success, even for those with little experience the key is learn, grow, market your business and stay focused.

Ask what every questions you may have - no question is too silly. and I will answer them to the best of my ability.

Ben Ajose smiley
Re: Want To Truly Earn Online? Q & A On How To Grow Your On Online Business by Eccentrica(f): 6:36pm On May 11, 2015
Mr Ajose, Please I currently run a blog www.shadedreflect.com. It is mainly a News blog and I am planning to grow it to an online Newspaper in the nearest future and also generate little income from it. My question is, when do you think its appropriate to apply for adsense. I started six month ago. Thank you
Re: Want To Truly Earn Online? Q & A On How To Grow Your On Online Business by Ben1975(m): 10:50pm On May 11, 2015
Hi Eccentrica

I find it interesting that though you have a news blog you want to just focus on AdSense to generate money.

If your news blog generates enough traffic hits per day you can consider affiliate marketing. Just in case you are not familiar affiliate marketing is where you promote somebody else's offerings on your website then get commission when a person via your affiliate links subscribes or buys. Focus on niches that will compliment the news on your site, things that your readers genuinely want and need.

Don't be afraid to promote big ticket items, its a fact in affiliate marketing that a product of $50,000 can sometimes sell more than a product that sells for $4000. Just remember that the product must be of very high quality something you would promote even if you were not getting paid for it.

Think of affiliate programs that have 2+ tiers that means that when people join underneath you get paid from their efforts at least 2 levels down. You could also consider subscription based affiliate programs like web hosting, that way you can grow real residual income over time that is truly sustaining.

I personally thing your website is ready for AdSense now it appears to have a reasonable amount of content on it.

If you do have a good share of visitors you can sell advertising space, but like I said it has to be products and services that your readership truly need. Not just something that will make you money. As soon as users start smelling sales copy they may lose trust. Don't put up stuff on your blog unless it truly compliments why your readers visit your site in the first place.

I wish you all the best in your newspaper endeavours smiley

Ben Ajose

Eccentrica:
Mr Ajose, Please I currently run a blog www.shadedreflect.com. It is mainly a News blog and I am planning to grow it to an online Newspaper in the nearest future and also generate little income from it. My question is, when do you think its appropriate to apply for adsense. I started six month ago. Thank you
Re: Want To Truly Earn Online? Q & A On How To Grow Your On Online Business by JesuspikinM(f): 11:25pm On May 11, 2015
Hi Mr Ajose, thanks for this offer, I have been writing on free articles publishing sites but I just started my own self hosted blog and need to get traffic, to my site, what do you advise I do? This is my website http://www.mildbizpreneur.com.
Re: Want To Truly Earn Online? Q & A On How To Grow Your On Online Business by Ben1975(m): 12:15am On May 12, 2015
Hello JesuspikinM

There are so many ways to start generating traffic to your site.

First are you familiar with keyword research? Because search engine traffic is really the most important type of traffic online. If done properly you can have the most targeting traffic flowing to your offerings i.e. people who really want what your offing on your site

Just in case you are not familiar keywords are words that you put into your website to attract targeted traffic. When people go to search engines and type that particular word or phrase your website will be on that list. How high you rank depends on the popularity of the keyword or keyphrase and how relevant the search engines deems your content.

The idea here is that you want people coming to your site who truly want what your offering.

If you want to find some good keywords you could check out some of your competitors website see what keywords they are using. There are many resources that can help you do this Traffic Travis is a good one.

Another thing you can consider is start general discussions in forums and blogs then direct people to helpful posts on your website that relate to that topic. Make sure your content is always fresh and your an authority in what you talk about so that people can rely on the advice you give.

Put a signature link to your website in all your posts in forums and blogs - this isn't a rush job but after time if done consistently can give you a huge following.

Social media every body knows this right? go there, be useful. you must only engage two types of people in order not to make social media a complete waste of time. those who love your content and those who buy your stuff; that's it. No hard sell. that is a turn of to people in social media social. I think the two best social media platforms for you would be Pinterest and LinkedIn

Have you submitted you site to search engines. if you haven't I suggest you do then you can avail yourself of that sites other SEO services that's if you are totally new at keyword researching.

There are of course places that allow you to pay for hits to your sites they can bring you thousands of visitors, but be careful though all traffic isn't equal, I learnt this the hard way when I was new to internet marketing. There is even such thing as traffic you don't want!

If you dedicate time to consistently doing this properly it will reward you handsomely with a flow of enviably targeted traffic.

Ben Ajose

JesuspikinM:
Hi Mr Ajose, thanks for this offer, I have been writing on free articles publishing sites but I just started my own self hosted blog and need to get traffic, to my site, what do you advise I do? This is my website http://www.mildbizpreneur.com.

1 Like

Re: Want To Truly Earn Online? Q & A On How To Grow Your On Online Business by Eccentrica(f): 9:27am On May 12, 2015
Thank you mr Ajose, please can you suggest some of the affiliate programs I should consider. Thank you
Re: Want To Truly Earn Online? Q & A On How To Grow Your On Online Business by Ben1975(m): 2:13pm On May 12, 2015
There are literally thousands but you would want to go wish an affiliate program that has plenty of products to choose from and that allows Nigerians to participate equally with payment solutions that make it easy for you to collect your earnings each month.

Since I have found many times when I have given recommendations to other Nairalanders the MODs have not totally agreed with me putting the links in my posts so I suggest you email me. and I will give you a list of providers.

[email]residual.income.for.all.2004@gmail.com[/email]

Eccentrica:
Thank you mr Ajose, please can you suggest some of the affiliate programs I should consider. Thank you
Re: Want To Truly Earn Online? Q & A On How To Grow Your On Online Business by Whizzcute(m): 9:38pm On May 12, 2015
I have a health blog i just started recently,I've not yet hosted because i dont have money yet,so what could be the steps i'll take to take that blog to next level

this is the blog https://xclusivhealth./
Re: Want To Truly Earn Online? Q & A On How To Grow Your On Online Business by Ben1975(m): 12:49am On May 13, 2015
When you say "take it to the next leve"l Do you mean get more traffic or do you mean making money from it?

The thing is if you want to be taken seriously on the internet you need a site that is not a free domain site. People will not take you seriously, making money from your site will be harder.

You can get hosting for as little as N2,500 and N1.600 year that's worth the investment. Even if you cant manage that (which I doubt) save up your pennies till you can. with out a domain that doesn't smell of "free" its tough to move forward.

WordPress has a hosting package for $18 a year then you can have a responsive theme and you can put health related affiliate programs on your site, its not rocket science but it requires a little time and effort.

When you have your own domain you can then start submitting it to search engines and doing SEO. The reason why I say when you have your domain is that transferring from free to paid (assuming your not using the wordpress upgrade) is messy and sometimes things get lost on the move

Whizzcute:
I have a health blog i just started recently,I've not yet hosted because i dont have money yet,so what could be the steps i'll take to take that blog to next level

this is the blog https://xclusivhealth./
Re: Want To Truly Earn Online? Q & A On How To Grow Your On Online Business by Whizzcute(m): 4:53am On May 13, 2015
Ben1975:
When you say "take it to the next leve"l Do you mean get more traffic or do you mean making money from it?

The thing is if you want to be taken seriously on the internet you need a site that is not a free domain site. People will not take you seriously, making money from your site will be harder.

You can get hosting for as little as N2,500 and N1.600 year that's worth the investment. Even if you cant manage that (which I doubt) save up your pennies till you can. with out a domain that doesn't smell of "free" its tough to move forward.

WordPress has a hosting package for $18 a year then you can have a responsive theme and you can put health related affiliate programs on your site, its not rocket science but it requires a little time and effort.

When you have your own domain you can then start submitting it to search engines and doing SEO. The reason why I say when you have your domain is that transferring from free to paid (assuming your not using the wordpress upgrade) is messy and sometimes things get lost on the move

Thank you so much sir , I'll do everything possible to host it this month.

But before then, give me some tips i can use to get more traffic. You talked about Linkedin and Pinterest for traffic,I have the accounts,how do i get traffic from it. thanks
Re: Want To Truly Earn Online? Q & A On How To Grow Your On Online Business by Ben1975(m): 10:04am On May 13, 2015
Actually right now I am working on a brand new social media strategy for LinkedIn, Pinterest and StumbleUpon. Its early days but it seems very promising...I will keep you posted on my results

Whizzcute:
Thank you so much sir , I'll do everything possible to host it this month.

But before then, give me some tips i can use to get more traffic. You talked about Linkedin and Pinterest for traffic,I have the accounts,how do i get traffic from it. thanks
Re: Want To Truly Earn Online? Q & A On How To Grow Your On Online Business by Whizzcute(m): 10:24am On May 13, 2015
Ben1975:
Actually right now I am working on a brand new social media strategy for LinkedIn, Pinterest and StumbleUpon. Its early days but it seems very promising...I will keep you posted on my results

i dont get it
Re: Want To Truly Earn Online? Q & A On How To Grow Your On Online Business by Ben1975(m): 10:34am On May 13, 2015
I have adopted a brand new social media strategy to boost traffic to my websites and get subscribers and clients, but its new but very promising so when I have finally seen the results I will let you know how it went.

Whizzcute:
i dont get it
Re: Want To Truly Earn Online? Q & A On How To Grow Your On Online Business by lili4509: 10:58am On May 13, 2015
My blog is bodytipsonline..com
can you send me a link to download the traffic Travis and i don't seo at all. I don't know how to do it on my blog
Re: Want To Truly Earn Online? Q & A On How To Grow Your On Online Business by Whizzcute(m): 12:34pm On May 13, 2015
Ben1975:
I have adopted a brand new social media strategy to boost traffic to my websites and get subscribers and clients, but its new but very promising so when I have finally seen the results I will let you know how it went.

ok, no prblm sir
Re: Want To Truly Earn Online? Q & A On How To Grow Your On Online Business by Ben1975(m): 2:18pm On May 13, 2015
You are going to have to email my for the link unless you can use:

www dot traffictravis dot com

You will need to learn keyword researching in its basic form keyword research is where you find keywords that people use in search engines to find web pages in your niche then you embed them in your web content to boost your visibility to those search engines. When the search bot (a programme used to search the internet and crawl webpages) finds your page it deems your site more relevant to the searches needs.

This is an extremely simplistic way of looking at it but that's it.

The Traffic Travis tool should help you out with that.

If you want to submit to many search engines and use some other search engine tools you can visit: www dot submitexpress dot com

But like I have mentioned many times in Nairaland its better you get your own domain then use a free domain. You can get hosting for as little as N1,600 (www dot NameCheap dot com) or a very robust host for N2500 per year www dot SmartWeb dot com dot NG

Getting noticed by search engines requires that your content is fresh, continuously updated, things your readers want to know about.

When people use search engines to find info the type in particular words and phrases, if you manage to find those words and phrases and input them into your content your site will get a higher page ranking because the search engines deems your content relevant to what the searcher is looking for. This is a very simplistic way of looking at keyword research but that's basically it

In reality though there are hundreds of things search engines use to determine whether a website is relevant.

Check out your competitors sites see what niche keywords and key phrases they are using.

lili4509:
My blog is bodytipsonline..com
can you send me a link to download the traffic Travis and i don't seo at all. I don't know how to do it on my blog
Re: Want To Truly Earn Online? Q & A On How To Grow Your On Online Business by FUKNACE: 11:16am On May 14, 2015
hi ben i really love what you put i read comments too everyone seems to have something doing online i have none what can i start online that can help me generate money even if it takes time. thank you
Re: Want To Truly Earn Online? Q & A On How To Grow Your On Online Business by kennysbst(m): 1:26pm On May 14, 2015
Hi Ben.I still believe we have HYIP that are reliable,can you share any one with better reputations thank you.
Re: Want To Truly Earn Online? Q & A On How To Grow Your On Online Business by Ben1975(m): 12:23am On May 15, 2015
Sorry to get back so late I got banned then unbanned for putting in that Traffic Travis resource in.

OK, I do have a program that can genuinely make you real money, it has developed multimillionaires in dollars some who have been around since before the beginning of this century.

Lots of support, incentives and a wealth of success resources, just check out my signature link below.

If you are not feeling that check out this post I did:

Check out this post: https://www.nairaland.com/2288998/list-3-best-ways-use#33330074

Affiliate marketing is the best way for newbies I think because you don't actively create your own product all of that has been done for you including marketing material, your business is really traffic, lots of it, wants you have mastered that, money will flow especially in this program. The programs, if they are reputable will give you guidance as to how to market their product effectively, its in their interest to do so for two main reasons.

If they teach you to market properly, you make money for them and yourself (obviously).
If they don't teach you and don't make any money...you leave; they don't want that.

SEO (most important)
Social media (long term traffic strategy)
Reputable paid traffic services (instant blast of traffic to your site)
Content marketing -write about stuff you are knowledgeable on (another long term strategy)
Traffic exchanges
Safelist marketing
Classified advertising (to a lesser extent)
banner and textual adverts

etc etc etc

Learning to generate traffic to your sites is a very crucial skill to develop.

FUKNACE:
hi ben i really love what you put i read comments too everyone seems to have something doing online i have none what can i start online that can help me generate money even if it takes time. thank you
Re: Want To Truly Earn Online? Q & A On How To Grow Your On Online Business by Ben1975(m): 12:40am On May 15, 2015
Are you talking about high yield investment programs?

I used to do trade PAMM FOREX accounts but one thing you will find with this strategy is if you want greater gain you must except greater risk (of losing your money) and if you don't want to except greater risk you must except a lesser rate of return.

I used to enjoy trading currency till I discovered my brokers were helping themselves to my money (long story).

What I would advice you to do to avoid the possibility of getting stung is to join an affiliate program with big ticket items instead of throwing your money at investments that could potentially lose you money.

You join these affiliate programs free
you drive traffic to their sites
you get paid (the dollar equivalent)

Risk free - and as you get better and better (and you must practise to do just that) the amount of money you can make will be greater.

Right now I am not comfortable, advising people on investments because, just before I stopped trading even some of the best traders where doing badly (feel sorry for their investors).

Better safe then sorry

No risk, you can still try if you are adamant that's what you want to do, but....

kennysbst:
Hi Ben.I still believe we have HYIP that are reliable,can you share any one with better reputations thank you.
Re: Want To Truly Earn Online? Q & A On How To Grow Your On Online Business by Ben1975(m): 5:00am On May 15, 2015
I have seen allsolutionsnetworks adverts around while on my marketing journeys, but I have never actually delved too deeply into it. I am assuming that somebody must be making money from this program but I am not sure who.

Things you should ask before joining an affiliate program:

How long have they been around? Scam programs cannot stand the test of time
What is the compensation plan like? How do they pay their affiliates is important
Do they have payment solutions that are suitable for us here in Nigeria? If they just say we only use PayPal that's not good enough
Do they actually except Nigerians? Many Nigerian marketers spend their time trying to get around this issue but I say if they don't want to do business with us directly - find a program that does
Do they have a robust support system? Do they answer problems their marketers have promptly? If they don't find a program that does.
What marketing aids do they offer their affiliates? Good programs have a good selection of marketing aids to make promoting their offerings to the world easier.
Is it a free or paid program? take into account the exchange rates even if the subscription is $25 per month to an American that's peanuts but that's three quarters of a months salary for 90% of Nigerians
Is it a tier program? Do their affiliates get paid from the efforts of their signups? And if so to how many levels down?
What is their main product like? This is important because a program can live or die by the quality of its offerings. if it doesn have one that may suggest its a pyramid scheme where you just pay to join the a program that doent offer true value - technically that's illegal.
Do their offer some form of training? Good programs must because many affiliates that signup to affiliate programs are new to online marketing. If they don't offer some form of learning resource their affiliates may not be able to generate themselves or the company money

The link you have entered is obviously an affiliate link which means the person who gave it to you wants you to signup underneath them. Technically there is nothing wrong with that but ask them some questions and make sure you like the answers.

In terms of other programs you can check out my signature link below for a long standing reputable that accepts honest Nigerians or send me an email and I will give you a list of others I think you could try (go to my profile page for my email address).

SUNPETGLOBAL:
Sir Ben,God bless you for the wonderful job you are doing here.please am also looking for a lucrative online business.somebody suggest this htt://www.allsolutionsnetwork.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi/SN20802/signupb3sh.htm but am a novice and will like you help me check this program please.i'm also open to your advice on other good online biz.my email adress is sunpetinvestment@naij.com
thank you sir.the post again is;http://www.allsolutionsnetwork.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi/20802/signupb3sh.htm
Re: Want To Truly Earn Online? Q & A On How To Grow Your On Online Business by Whizzcute(m): 10:37pm On May 24, 2015
Mr Ben

I have a health blog already but i wish to open another blog that will talk about headlines from different newspapers of many countries.

My job on the blog is just to copy the news from the newspapers media then attach the source and then publish, do you think this will be fruitful?

cc Ben1975
Re: Want To Truly Earn Online? Q & A On How To Grow Your On Online Business by JesuspikinM(f): 6:18pm On Jul 10, 2015
Hi Mr Ajose, thanks for your response, I will do as you advised.
Thanks, once again.
JesupikinM
Re: Want To Truly Earn Online? Q & A On How To Grow Your On Online Business by JesuspikinM(f): 8:47am On Jul 13, 2015
Ben1975:
Hello JesuspikinM

There are so many ways to start generating traffic to your site.

First are you familiar with keyword research? Because search engine traffic is really the most important type of traffic online. If done properly you can have the most targeting traffic flowing to your offerings i.e. people who really want what your offing on your site

Just in case you are not familiar keywords are words that you put into your website to attract targeted traffic. When people go to search engines and type that particular word or phrase your website will be on that list. How high you rank depends on the popularity of the keyword or keyphrase and how relevant the search engines deems your content.

The idea here is that you want people coming to your site who truly want what your offering.

If you want to find some good keywords you could check out some of your competitors website see what keywords they are using. There are many resources that can help you do this Traffic Travis is a good one.

Another thing you can consider is start general discussions in forums and blogs then direct people to helpful posts on your website that relate to that topic. Make sure your content is always fresh and your an authority in what you talk about so that people can rely on the advice you give.

Put a signature link to your website in all your posts in forums and blogs - this isn't a rush job but after time if done consistently can give you a huge following.

Social media every body knows this right? go there, be useful. you must only engage two types of people in order not to make social media a complete waste of time. those who love your content and those who buy your stuff; that's it. No hard sell. that is a turn of to people in social media social. I think the two best social media platforms for you would be Pinterest and LinkedIn

Have you submitted you site to search engines. if you haven't I suggest you do then you can avail yourself of that sites other SEO services that's if you are totally new at keyword researching.

There are of course places that allow you to pay for hits to your sites they can bring you thousands of visitors, but be careful though all traffic isn't equal, I learnt this the hard way when I was new to internet marketing. There is even such thing as traffic you don't want!

If you dedicate time to consistently doing this properly it will reward you handsomely with a flow of enviably targeted traffic.

Ben Ajose

Thanks for your response, I will follow your advise.
Re: Want To Truly Earn Online? Q & A On How To Grow Your On Online Business by JesuspikinM(f): 8:52am On Jul 13, 2015
JesuspikinM:
Thanks for your response, I will follow your advise.
I downloaded the traffic travis but when I tried to select a SEO I was asked to register but I don't have that amount now is there any other one you can suggest for me to start with? I look forward to your response.

(1) (Reply)

Bottles Packaging And Sealing Company In Lagos Needed / Fumigation Services At Your Door Step / Make Over 120000 Naira Per Week From Ice Block Machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.